Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:32 am

Post subject: the new: DARKENING SKY!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:55 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
well this is my first time trying to start an rp so here it goes:

its 2093 earth is living under a false ozone which is slowly deteriorating. the scientist who were assigned to try to fix it dont know how it was even made so they give another group of scientist the job of finding a way back in time to see how the ozone was made.
now the team of SPETT (solar powered experomental time travel) scientists are ready to try their first time mission with the divice called Time Twist. they have sent out for volunteers with a historical and scientific background to travel back in time. the actual time traveling team will consist of five scientist and 3 historians. the people who stay in 2093 will monitor the others and communicate with them in order to gain information about their forgotten past in hopes to save their future. but when the SPETT team finally took their trip back in time they crossed a dimension line and was sucked into a parrelel dimension. during their travel their time twist was damage when they crossed the dimension line. when they tried to send for another time twist warp to bring them back home they didnt get any response. the dimension that they are in is like the earth in the mideaval times so now in order to complete their mission they have to repair their time twist only using the primitive items in the dimension that they are stuck in, find a way to get to the time that they want to be in and then get back home safely...
the group of scientist and historians have just gone back in time to the year 2006(there are a few differences from our time) and r searching for the answers to solve thier problems.

here are the types of charaxters i need:

historians(only three will time travel back but some will stay in the future):the historians need to be kind of nerdy with a good idea about the past. they really arent very physical but their brain helps them when they r in a jam.
scientists(same thing five will time travel but i will need a ton to stay in the future):the scientist need to kno how the Time Twist works and at least a little bit about the past. they use modern weapons
mages: here is where i said that 2006 would be different. these are basically only in the past. a mage wears just plain clothing but nothing very loose so that they dont get in the way when they r tryignto cast spells.
normal people: do i need to explain?
elves:basically the type of elves in any fantasy or sci fi book. simple magic and stuff

i was wondering u se ther needs to be a head scientist working back in 2093 and there also needs to be one in the 2006 group if anyone is interested in one of those tow spots let me kno when u sign up :)

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Last edited by wut2say on Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:27 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
The reason no one is signing up is because it is too limited, wut2say.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:30 pm 
Silver sorceress

do u have any suggestions i did say that it was my first go at this so it would be great if someone would give me some input on how to make this better :D

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:52 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Never limit the characters; because you may alienate someone who might of joined otherwise...

Oh and there always has to be a mystery in the story... something not known by the characters that is slowly revealed.....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:05 pm 
Silver sorceress

well technically how the artificial atmosphere works is a mystery

...and if anyone else has a character idea just post it (with a brief description if its not automatically obvious for anyone new who wants to join but doesnt kno wut something is)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:08 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

well..... I mean a........ plot......... a scheme that sets the story against an antagonist....... Do you get my meaning??

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:46 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

wut2say, there's no real plot to this. no one is going to join unless there is some sort of plot.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:33 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Here is an example...

"But the SPETT scientists did an apperent miscalculation and sent the team back too far... back to Medival Times and when they tried to send a destress signal back through time to send another warp back they got no response.... Now they must both complete thier mission and try to get back to the future aginst the worst of odds.... and solve the mystery of their apparent mishap with the government time travel divice...."

Remember this is just an example I am not saying this is what it should be..... There just has to be some mystery that is not purly scientific one that hooks those involved and pushes them to continue with the story....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:44 pm 
Silver sorceress

ok ill think on it and get back to u

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:16 pm 
Silver sorceress

ok here it goes. i kinda went off wut u said jishdefish:

...but when the SPETT team finally took their trip back in time they crossed a dimension line and was sucked into a parrelel dimension. during their travel their time twist was damage when they crossed the dimension line. when they tried to send for another time twist warp to bring them back home they didnt get any response. the dimension that they are in is like the earth in the mideaval times so now in order to complete their mission they have to repair their time twist only using the primitive items in the dimension that they are stuck in, find a way to get to the time that they want to be in and then get back home safely...

better?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:42 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

good good if I do say so meself <just kidding just kidding>

Yeah I might want to join that....

Name: Keath
Sex: Male
Height: 6'
Weight: 120lb
Job: Historian
Description: Lightweight but strong, Keath usually avoids fights, instead perfering to persuade the opponent to his perspective... Although he is a challenging opponent when provoked,
Firearm: 21 century pistol remake <for the original mission> is carrying 10 clips 10 shots each... <100 shots>

<you would do well to edit the intro as well>

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:53 pm 
Silver sorceress

im working on it

u r welcome to join great character

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:02 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Im going to join tomarrow. By that time, I should have made up an charecter.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:51 am 
Master Old Dragon

I'd join, but I don't know much about history or humans. If you need a dragon or other NH I'd be glad to provide, however.

Maybe there could be an underlying plot...ooo for mini-plots!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:19 pm 
Silver sorceress

its not really history cause its another dimension

and if u want to be an elf or something in that dimension then u can be

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:31 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Hm elves...

*looks wide eyed toward the window* I think the wind just blew all our garbage cans over.

But anyway. What about a shifta?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:53 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

wuts a shifta?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:04 am 
Master Old Dragon

An elf or human with shapeshifting capabilities. They can become any creature they want, minus having the powers of that creature. They would have their own natural powers instead.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:52 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

sounds a little too powerfull in my opinion.... but it is Wut2say's that matters....

@Wut2say: You should advertise; we need more characters...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:43 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

OOh I have a cool weapon Idea: Nuclear bladed knives They slice not only physicly but down on an atomic level too! They slice quickly or slowly depending on the grade of Radioactive material used... A class slices all the way through a person in six seconds, and E takes an entire year to go through a person if not neutralized by an opposing energy field... the same applies to bullets... So what do you think Wut2say?

Oh yeah as a side note: if not neutralized within ten minutes the knives may cause cancer in the future. Oh and you have to carry them in a lead holster.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:53 pm 
Silver sorceress

they sound a bit too powerful....if u notch down the power a bit then that would be great!

and neco jishy's right a shifta's a bit too powerfull also, how bout they can just transform?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:10 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

This tecknology just became common before the expedition... It has yet to be fully developed... So don't worry the only ones team members may have are the low class ones.... Okay?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:33 pm 
Silver sorceress

so ur saying that ur really powerful niclear blade knives r only back in the future?

they still seem a bit too powerful and dangerous though............. maybe if u downsized it to something like a ray gun type thing

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:59 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Ahh never mind.... I will save that for anouther RP....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:27 pm 
Silver sorceress

ok

Offline Profile