Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am

Post subject: Roleplay call for ideas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:43 pm 
Cererean Princess

I feel like we ought to have some active roleplays. But we can't have them without having roleplay ideas, so let us get our creativity going and start thinking them up.

Like having, say, a group of pon- I mean, people - being transported throughout a series of fictional 'verses, becoming the characters they are most like. Of course, they're the only [sapient] beings in the worlds (there are no philosophical zombies)... with the exception of the Great Antagonist, whom they have to defeat using the logic of the world they are now in. So, if transported into Equestria, they'll now be having to track down the Elements of Harmony. If transported into Middle Earth, they have to locate and destroy the One Ring. If they find themselves in Hogwarts, they have to track down 7 Horcruxes. If they find themselves in the grimdark...

That particular idea originated as a possible megacrossover fanfiction idea, but as far as fanfiction goes, I'm planning to do Warhammer 40K: Friendship is Magic, Harry Potter and the Day the Magic Died, and The Conversion Bureau: Elements of Disharmony before I do that, and I might not make it past the first one this decade... besides, it'll be more fun with actual other people playing the other characters.

Anyhow, bring your own ideas and/or comment on mine. Preferably and.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Roleplay call for ideas
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:21 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Yes, this sounds like a good idea. More like any role play right now is a good idea. I don't have the cognitive resources right now to think up some ideas for this. But I do think that this could work out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:50 pm 
Cererean Princess

We could always roleplay... as a group of people roleplaying in the future. LARPers. Genetically engineered. Within a big dome. On Mars.

But I won't start any unless a few people indicate interest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:45 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Go for it, we two can start. And anyone else interested can join whenever they see fit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:20 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I'm in. This is gonna be my first real role play. Yay! And most of the ideas you've said I haven't watched/ read before, so it's gonna be a surprise.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:12 pm 
Cererean Princess

I've only touched on two...

...one of which involves metagaming as part of the game, though it's frowned upon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Well, not here, not now. Cause there is no one to frown upon it. I wonder how many levels deep we can go before it starts to hurt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:55 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

We're gonna game as gamers, but what game are the gamers we're gaming as gaming?
(Say that five times really fast)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:51 pm 
Cererean Princess

A fantasy one. It's a fantasy world theme park, ran by a LARP collective on a partially terraformed Mars, within a large inflatable dome.

I'll get up an OOC once I've settled into university.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:23 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

You mean like DreamPark except on Mars?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:59 am 
Cererean Princess

Pretty much. Except without the fee part. And with no actors, except in the sense that everyone's an actor. And with possibly a lot more blood, and actual death... well, not actually dead death, only mostly dead death. The Valkyries have to be able to revive them, after all. I haven't quite figured out the details.

The entire area will, naturally, be angelnetted to allow for control over most of the features of the landscape.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:20 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
While I am interested in whatever RP anyone wants to run, I have experience running something similar to what DragonRider described.

DragonRider wrote:
Like having, say, a group of pon- I mean, people - being transported throughout a series of fictional 'verses, becoming the characters they are most like. Of course, they're the only [sapient] beings in the worlds (there are no philosophical zombies)... with the exception of the Great Antagonist, whom they have to defeat using the logic of the world they are now in. So, if transported into Equestria, they'll now be having to track down the Elements of Harmony. If transported into Middle Earth, they have to locate and destroy the One Ring. If they find themselves in Hogwarts, they have to track down 7 Horcruxes. If they find themselves in the grimdark...

So... yeah

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:41 pm 
Cererean Princess

No-one else have any ideas?

Anyone up for a game of Sky Pirates of Venus? Or, alternatively, of Neptune or Uranus.

How about something set on Titan? There are dangerous folks hiding in the darkness beyond the established habitats. Unfortunately for our little group, the folks inside the habitats aren't much better, refusing to believe that the life support is failing, and with their flyers out of service from what appears to be sabotage, they're in for a long trek to get to the spaceport. A long trek across a frozen world, where one false step in the dim light will mean they'll find your flash frozen corpsicle only once civilisation expands far enough to drain the cryogenic lake you fell into. Unless it gets discovered by the scavengers, and fished out in case there's anything of value in your suit.

Yes, I think this one is workable. I'll flesh it out and put up the OOC tomorrow.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:06 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

The mask of death! It is gone!!! Stolen by... the Shadow!

The Shadow?

The Shadow!

The Shadow? The Shadow!?! Aaaaaahhh!!!!!

Offline Profile