Dragon Spirit
Dragon Spirit

How do I start role-playing?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:13 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Hey there!

My name is Sarina, and my character goes by Serenity. It's nice to meet you! : )

Usually, to start role-playing, you should meet some of the people here and get involved in a thread by asking to join in the Out of Character threads. (It's <i>highly</i> advised not to start your own immediately.) The specific rules for RPG here vary between RPGs, but there are some basic rules that everyone follows that can be found by clicking here. There is an emphasis on Grammar/Spelling in most threads here as well, so a good start would be to keep watch on your posts and make sure they look professional! It’s a good way to earn respect right off the bat.

I suggest meeting people in a place like Forgers Tavern and Inn or the Marketplace, as they are open to everyone and are non-directional RPGs just for people's characters to talk and perhaps get ideas for their next adventure. Feel free to jump right in and join the action in either place!

If you have any questions regarding specifics on how we do things here, you are welcome to ask me or anyone else around the boards. Most people here are very nice and willing to help. (They only bite a little... hee-hee…)

Thank you for taking the time to ask! It’s nice to see a new face around.

~Sarina

Post Script: It is customary for you to remove your signiture in the RPG forums in order to prevent clutter. You can do so by <u>unchecking</u> the box below the posting box labled "attach signiture". Thanks!

Offline Profile