Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

Post subject: Tossing out an idea for an RP...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:09 pm 
Cererean Princess

...the only trouble is, I'm not sure how to make it work.

I'm thinking of a plan to change the worlds past by sending a select group of 100 people back to the... 5th century? The only catch is, it involves them swapping bodies with people in the past, but it's not what one would call an exact science - they could end up in the body of anyone alive within a time of +-10 years of the chosen date, anywhere in the world. For this reason, they've been very thoroughly trained in world cultures of the time, as well as martial arts, and have the historical events of the time drummed into them. Hmmm, maybe then it would be a better idea to put it in the 3rd or 4th century, prior to the fall of the Roman Empire, then...

The only problem is, the people would of course be very spread out, in time as well as space, and RP'ing on your own is boring. I suppose it could be set with small groups already having discovered each other, and looking for the others? Any suggestions?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Tossing out an idea for an RP...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:15 am 
G.E.E.K.

Sounds interesting... Since these 100 people are all part of the same program, it might be safe to assume that they know eachother fairly well. As such, when they find eachother in the past, then it'll be fun trying to get used to the new looks of their friends.
They probably had certain phrases drilled into them so they could be identified.
Then there's the hole "butterfly" theory about time... The characters were sent back to change world history. What if doing so eliminates an ancestor they all had in common, therefore they were never born? It's possible, but not probable.

There are a lot of things that make this (and, for that matter, any RP concerning time travel) an interesting debate. So many theories that we can't test with modern science... Parrallel time lines; butterfly affect; is time set in stone once an event has happenned (aka: no matter what you do in the past, the present won't change); and gods only know how many other theories.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:22 pm 
Cererean Princess

Hmmm, I'm thinking the antagonist will be someone who's swapped with a dominant political mover'n'shaker, maybe deliberately (it becomes fuzzier the further back in time you go, so it takes an absurdly powerful amount of phlebotinium to actually target a single person from 16-17 centuries ago - which the organisation doesn't have, but someone else does...), who's trying to remake the world during the dying days of the Roman Empire in a way that ensures they have utter dominance. Hmmm, yes. Perhaps the Pope, allowing him (possibly her originally, but they're male now) to use the Catholic Church to manipulate events? Yes, that would work... the protagonists originally travelled back in time to bring about an Industrial revolution, and Enlightenment, 1500 years early, but now a power hungry time traveller has twisted Christianity into a tool for opposing them...

Oh, and I'm laying claim to any character who's a Briton called Gwendellion. She's my character. :p

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:22 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
woops, I thought I had already said I would play, oh well. Either way, I find this interesting, so you can count me in if you end up doing it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:05 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
It does sound interesting and I would be interested :)

Offline Profile