Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC For Black Thorn
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:16 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

back.... pity that no one missed me :( sorry about that, internet was down for a while....

I'll have my char up shortly.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:38 am 
Master Old Dragon

Alright, Still doing some research, but managed to come up with her background info at least^^

Name: Adele Laveau
Branch: Has been in a lot of the behind-the-scenes branches, starting in HR and working to where she is now, which is Medical.

Physical Description: Brown skin, brown eyes, brown hair done in short, loose-ish dreads (think Lauren Hill). She stands at 5'7" and weighs approximately 140-145 lbs. Her build is average. She is by no means a skinny minnie, but is not heavy either. Average build, I guess. And she is curvy (: What she wears depends on what she's doing. If it's just another day at the office or at the shop that she shares with her mother, then usually you can count on it being a dress of some sort, matched with every accessory known to man and sometimes a headwrap. If she happens to be "in the field", she prefers tanks and comfortable clothing ranging from jeans to cargo-pants to shorts. Always with boots. Whatever the case, she always has two things on her person: a long leather-corded necklace with what's known as a "gris-gris bag" attached to it and a series of bangles and bracelets, many of which contain charms that, at first glance, are just pretty, but many of which have a specific meaning.

Cover story: Was asked to come to an excavation site on the Mississippi for her professional opinion on a series of skeletons that were found.

Background: Now to explain that cover story. Adele's story is a bit, but I'll give you the "in a nutshell" version. To begin, Laveau is not her real last name. She is indeed descended from Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, but of course, her ancestor's last name could not ACTUALLY pass legally down the female line. And so, to keep it alive and to honor her spirit, the women of her family have taken the tradition of carrying the Laveau name- unofficially- until they find someone worth abandoning the name for and marrying. During a very troublesome childhood and adolescence, she decided that she was not content to run the small shop that her mother owned. In all honesty, she was a rather angry teenager, and in her wrath and teenage stupidity, fell in with the wrong crowd. The VERY wrong crowd. And wound up exploring that shadowy other side of Voodoo that many avoid- what's more, she was good at it! However, as with all things of that nature, she got in too deep, and with her mother's aid, got out of the mess, but not without a small price. As she started getting her life back on track, she took a secretarial job at what seemed at first to be just another mercenary company while going to school for Forensic Anthropology and medicine at Tulane University (also got her Master's). Using her expertise with bodies, she eventually moved from secretary to Cleaners, and then to Medical, where she is now and has been for some time.

Personality: Adele is a saint- as long as you stay on her good side. For friends, coworkers and anyone else she has taken under her wing, she will bend over backwards to aid and help them, even in everyday life- going so far as to bring in small charms and things to "help out", or suggesting simple spells and rituals to aid in just about any situation. She is also the go-to in her department on anything supernatural. However, given the odd nature of her abilities, it is also a "known" fact that anyone that messes with her or makes the mistake of pissing her off runs the risk of being hexed or cursed (or so the rumor goes). She's got a lot of sass, and rumor has it that she has the punch to back it up. Ever the honest one, she is extremely outspoken. You would think that such qualities would put people off, but no. Women in her office love her, and she's dated most of the men under, above and all around her. If it's human and male, she'll make an attempt. And she'll usually succeed.

Abilities: Adele's abilities are intertwined with her faith. Because she is next in line as one of the few remaining Voodoo Queens of New Orleans, she is a heavy practitioner of all aspects of Voodoo, from the basic rituals and superstitions to the more... direct modes. Also, due to her previous experiences, she is able to tap into both sides of it, utilizing white Voodoo for healing, good fortune, etc, and black for... well, let's just leave the black be... heh heh (considering some of it involves reanimating dead things... @.@ ) Although, despite all this, AND being in Medical, she still has no issue shooting someone in the face, lol

That about covers it for the moment.

Last edited by Ciarda on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:18 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
She got da voodoo mon :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 am 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
I redid nearly the whole char sheet to move him away from a tank base and towards an agility based char, I like how it came out. Also I never put it in ahead of time but I added build and dress and personality to it. I had only made a tiny refrence before about the cosmetic surgury, I had intended from the start when i created him that he would make an exelent inside guy, since he has the looks the suave and a natural chestplate of solid metal.

I also fixed the link, I know 100% it works now. Same guns same holster.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:32 am 
Legend of Old

Due to certain circumstances, the thread will be delayed momentarily. Read Ciarda's thread in the General section if you need to know why. I am sorry guys. I am looking forward to this thread as well, but life gets in the way sometimes.

A word of advice though: If you choose to remain on my good side, never confront me about a thread that I am going to start. I am well aware that people are waiting. Not only is it inconsiderate and rude, it just flat out pisses me off to no end. You never want to piss off the author of a thread. They can kill your character, after all.

The thread will be opened as soon as I can. We can all be understanding and Copacetic, or you can cause some problems and deal with an even further delay because I had to track someone down and beat the piss right out of them for confronting me about a story that I created.

Sincerely,

-Exanderous

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:49 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Ex... just a little side note I hated my char and I'm remaking it, so please leave a reserved spot for me till I finish it up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:05 am 
Master Old Dragon

Alright guys, despite the fact that I have work in the morning and I am going through so much, I started working on the first post. It is not that great, and I fear my absence in the RP game has posed limitations on my ability to provide the story that I want to deliver about Black Thorn.

But I write anyway. I will probably finish it tomorrow. Take it easy.

-Exanderous

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:49 pm 
Legend of Old

I feel like the post was terrible. Feed back? How did you like the opening?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:17 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I was only capable on reading half of it… so far it’s a good intro but the bright green was overly hard to read… If you can, can you change or (from now on) use a darker color?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:21 am 
Legend of Old

If you find a color hard to read, simply click and drag your mouse over the text. It makes it easier to read. I might go back and change the text later, but until then it is a useful tip to prevent hurting your eyes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:24 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

It wasn't hurting my eyes as much as it was hard to read... it kinda blended to the background easily and highlighting it didn't help lol... thx god for Word doc :mrgreen:

but yah the intro seems excellent in my opinion :)

EDIT: The only thing I saw that didn't fit was this...

Exanderous wrote:
"You wouldn't do that Sire, you love me too much."

"That I do. When shall my guests arrive?"

"Lieutenant Jensen is letting them through now, sire. Briefing should commence within the hour."

The Administrator folded his hands behind the small of his back with a smirk.

"Excellent..."

lol... just one mistake... but it's not important and the entire intro post was good,

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:31 am 
Legend of Old

Grammatically, the sentence is in tact. I am confused on why you think it is a mistake. I thank you for the feedback, I just need you to explain yourself a little more when giving it. If you felt like it didn't fit, tell me why or how it made you feel. Otherwise, I just get a "fix this" with nothing to go off of as to why it needs to be fixed. Does that make sense?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:45 am 
G.E.E.K.

He was referring to the color scheme. If it followed the established scheme, the underlined sentence would be blue, rather than pink/peach. Unless the A.I. was speaking to herself.
It can be overlooked, as you said, the grammar and spelling are flawless, and everyone should be able to catch that the A.I. and the human are exchanging words, rather than the A.I. talking to herself.
I had no problem with it, as I said, and I'm positive the color is only a minor problem easily overlooked, as it's mainly used to help differentiate who's speaking and when.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:21 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Quick update on what my character looks like
http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2011/04/raylan-givens-picture.jpg
hope that gives everyone a better idea on what The Revelator looks like.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:17 pm 
Legend of Old

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Dragon. If I have the time, I will see if I can correct that minor issue.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:20 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

here is my char for inspection.

Name: Alexander Drake

Description : 6’4, long black hair, tannish white skin, Slim/Athletic male, Clothes may very but he always wears a necklace , looks about 21.
His eyes actually change color depending on three situations, but one eye is more demonic looking than the other at all times.

Eyes1: Pure gold Iris right eye, his second eye is a demonic like eye… EYE A in the picture

Eyes2: Pure gold inner iris, and some form of blue in the outer iris( same blue as in the pic) . His second eye is a demonic like eye… EYE C in the picture

Eyes3: some form of blue is in the iris( same blue as in the pic) His second eye is a demonic like eye… EYE B in the picture…

Cover story: 50% of the time: “I don’t have to f**ing explain myself to nosy people, so I don’t have to explain myself to you” 25% of the time : ” I’m just going to visit (insert random country here) for a while, trust me I’ll be back here in no time… and tell (insert little child’s name here) that if he’s going to sneak in and steal sweets, he should try his best not to get caught on film.” The other 25%:”Bye…” (Hear gunshot noises in back ground)

Personality : He’s usually calm, cunning, intelligent but he’s not overly talkative(he still talks from time to time) and into dark humor…Willing to do his job and does it happily, he’s known to be cold at times and even ruthless. He isn’t trusting and from time to time is secretly paranoid and always thinks of the worse possible situation, however he does see the bright side of things and even though at times his motives seem otherwise, he does try to make sure that the job gets done (with little to no casualties should the job be team based) …. Loves to kill and is capable of killing with creativity but is only willing to kill those who deserve to die.

Special Ability’s: He has a sixth sense but his true ability is the haft that he’s partially telepathic, he can “daze” off into a spiritual self and see what the area looks like safely and see where his “targets” are at. He is also able to “Zoom in ” with his left eye, making him capable of aiming without even trying.

Last edited by Drakel on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:47 pm 
Legend of Old

Personality seems OK, but he CANNOT have a title. He does not have a code name in Black Thorn. Once again, there is only one other person I agreed to have a title, and that is for the story's sake. Sorry, but no dice.

This thread has a lot of people, so I will be watching you closely Drakel to make sure your character falls in line. Keep your posts grammatically correct, no god modding, utilize spell check, and keep them at a reasonable length, and I will OK you to RP in the thread.

Everyone else has agreed to this in some form or fashion, so you must as well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:03 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I just took out the title, Yes, I know about the basic rules and will follow them to their full. Though I'm still a tad shocked everyone keeps having doubt on my ability to RP and "distrust" (in lack of a better word) me when RPing... I've gotten better! (By a lot to be exact... need I remind you on how I was in Ex tavern before you came back??) (joke... kinda)

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Though in all seriousness thanks for letting me join… haven’t played in a decent RP in a long time. so thanks for allowing me to join even though I’m a tad late lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:45 am 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
Sorry, i dunno, i just couldn't stop writing. I actually had to cut myself off not to write more hehe. :shock:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:06 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

oh... I forgot to mention on my CS: Alexander's Left Demon eye is very sensitive to bright lights (the sun and normal lighting is fine but bright flashes of light or overly bright lights can seriously screw him)... It's a drawback from the "zoom" ability he has.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:45 pm 
G.E.E.K.

So I'm guessing that we're all waiting on The Revelator (Abel Teller) and Alexander Drake (Drakel) to make an appearance before we continue, right?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:14 pm 

and the Collector

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:44 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Sorry i haven't posted yet guys, gonna be outta state till saturday and don't really have a chance to post any. Will get something put up when i get back home.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 pm 
Legend of Old

Alright guys, as soon as he posts, I will brief everybody, so just interact with each other.

But on a serious note: C'mon guys, why show off? You are Black Thorn, so we all know you have some special talent and are some form of hardcore, but can't you just walk into a room where your boss is about to brief you on a fu.... freaking mission without having to razzle dazzle everyone?

The place for talent is the battle field, not a briefing chamber where your employer lurks. The Administrator has a title, so he is a bad, bad dude. He isn't impressed.

The thread started and people are like, "Look at my super awesome self!" and shit hasn't even hit the fan yet. I laughed, but we need to keep that to a minimum. We are spec op., but calm down while still at HQ.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:44 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Who exactly was showing off?
My character's ability is his only way to see, so he can't really help it. I just describe what he sees when looking at others.
As to Ward's and my characters... We wanted it to look as though we were old friends, possibly having worked together on past missions.
Now, Ward could clear this up better, but from what I gathered in the conversation between him and myself that his character enters meeting rooms like that quite often. Consider it self-defence.

My character's scars aren't exactly easy to hide, so just walking around would show them. And the fact that he's blind could change how some of the others look at him.
As far as I know, the Administrator is the only person with all of the info on any of the characters, and everyone will need to learn about eachother on the fly unless we sit and share with eachother, or the Administrator is feeling generous.

Ward's ability is partially revealed, as is mine. The fine details are obscure (even Ward's character doesn't know how Amaret can see through the illusions). Consider it us getting a feel for one another.
We know we all have some kind of ability, but we don't know what those abilities are. Can't work together very well if we don't know what each person can do.

You, with your military experience, should understand. You get thrown into a combat situation with people you don't know, you need to find out what exactly they can do if you are going to survive to the best of your abilities. Imagen if 1 of those people is a sniper, but you don't know that. You rush ahead, assuming he's afraid/hiding, but you ruin the shot he was lining up and risk your own life. If you knew he had those skills before hand, you'd stay back and let him take the shot, rather than rush out and risk everything.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next