Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

Post subject: Thinking of starting a new thread.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:12 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
Since Maelstroms on hold since we have 2 out and 2 yet to come in I've been thinking of starting a new one.

The Maelstrom took place about 27,000 years from modern day, this one takes place millions of years from now. At some point in the future technology began to force an evolution into mankind. We began to become symbiotic with it. Nanites floated through the bodies of many throughout the known territories. But there were purists that opposed this “infection” of technology that plagued their time and they turned away from it, seeking to find a balance and harmony with the universe. Sarulians was the name they took to calling themselves.

Many centuries and millennia past and mankind became truly one with technology. Their bodies now produced a natural EM field that allowed the to interact with electronics with just a touch. Technology as a whole changed and the Valorian Empire was formed. It wasn’t an empire of land but of minds. All though the Valorians were able to communicate mentally by touch and through their technology over range, eons of genetic habit make verbal communication the preference when in close company. They retained a human physic but over time shortened, during the period we will be posting the average Valorian is 5’6” and the tallest wouldn’t reach 6’.

While this was happening the Sarulian purists became one with their environment and evolution had a decidedly different direction for them. They grew both spiritually and physically. Think: http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo11 ... so-880.jpg Minus the horn and with a much more human face. They became very Shamenistic and the color of their fur is dependant upon the tribe. There are nine total tribes. The Sarulian began to understand the natural elements of nature and how to control them and in time they became very powerful, each tribe devoting themselves to their own specific element. Through collaboration they were able to combine elements and create powerful ships and technology, a match of the Valorians.

What ensued was a civil war that has lasted for hundreds of thousands of years and has consumed four galaxies. The concept of a “whole human” is forgotten in the myths and legends and all notions that the two races were in the past truly one no longer exists. The war has gone badly for the Valorians and if not for the infighting between the Sarulian tribes they would have been wiped out a long time ago. Now they have only a small territory hidden deep in a remote corner of the Pegasus galaxy they use as a home base to make raids against the various Sarulian tribes with.

In the midst of this turmoil a freak of nature throws a wild card into this divided and war torn universe. A rift opens in the desert of a remote planet dumping out a handful of humans from the year 2010.

The basic idea is that a fluke wormhole opened at a mall or some public place and a handful of normal people (us) were sucked through. We come through the wormhole and find ourselves somewhere and know nothing about where we are, when we are, how we got there or whats going on in the universe. Most of us don't know each other either.

Also I threw this summery together very fast so I'm sorry if its not the easiest to read. The background is actually quite a bit more stable then this reads but in the interest of our PCs being unfamiliar with everything I’m not going to go into more detail directly but I will answer all questions so if you have any feel free to ask.

Name:
Background:

For profession tell what you did as a job in the modern world before being ported out here with us. And for Background, give us some on you PC, family, personal history, hobbies, and personal interest. Try to write it as if you were giving an interview before getting sucked up by the wormhole.

Last edited by Wardonis on Mon May 02, 2011 1:34 am, edited 6 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Thinking of starting a new thread.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:34 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

well... we have a modern, I created a fantasy (should anyone be interested) ... so in all futuristic RP sounds great for the moment (plus I miss the Maelstrom RP :( )

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:34 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
Oh I see, Ex posts somehting inviting people for a new thread and everyone flocks to it, I do it and I only get Drakel. :cry:

Well Rawr rawr rawr :grrrr:

:wink: JK love you guys.

So nobody is interested though?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:21 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

It might be because you never posted a plot... people are always interested in a juicy plot..... strangely my own advice never works for me lol...

Sci-FI Future RP?? CYRISCEL?!?!?!????

(I've been hunting for a similar future RP so I could play him again lol...)

EDIT: To quote what I said before.... Might I add that I miss read your post Ward and thought it said "I do it and all I get is Drakel." instead of what it really said.... lol I was kinda speed reading at the moment...

Quote:
all I can say is wow.... that was cold.... I improved, ALOT.... and created an entire realm that has already proven it could be successful if I worked on it some more.... AND in the Rp site (Roleplayerguild) I'm in there where multiple times where I was either a co-GM or suddenly became the main GM in other people's RPs....

and yet... even from all my improvement I still feel hollow now :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited by Drakel on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:31 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

@Drakel I think that was a thank you for your loyalty not a jab at you ;)
EDIT: either I misread your post completly or you've just edited it and made me look like an idiot :evil:

I might be interested. Though as you say I have flocked to Ex's and I'd rather do a fantasy rather two futuristic/modern rps. As I have said, exams are munching time atm so I can't really join for about a month but if it's still available I'll be happy to join.

Also don't be too annoyed, we've all had RPs flop, my last one was (I thought) a great premise etc, but even after pledging support nobody actually joined the IC thread...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:39 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Ex's RP is plain out modern (or from what I've seen)... I've created a fantasy RP... and I have an undeniable desire to play the Wraiths in the future.... or a Draconian in fantasy XD

I know lol miss read and read it as ... "I do it and all I get Drakel." instead of "I do it and I only get Drakel. " … lol

YAh... I might agree with Marik Ward.... RPs tend to flop now and then and it’s nothing to worry too much about.... however I'm still blaming Pandora for cursing me into not having a successful RP... Though I'll break that curse.... somehow ... and I've got me a plan to fix it once and for all... :upto:

EDIT: yah.. before you posted I found out my mistake and edited it, hoping nobody saw it and that either you were looking at Ex's RP or mine .... I'll fix it again so you don't look like an idiot..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:59 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

:lol: no worries Drakel, I'd figured as much ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:34 am 
Legend of Old

My RP will not be as modern as you may think; just a heads up.

And additionally: Count me in man.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:05 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
I'm gone for a couple days on a camp out in Renaissance garb and you count me out... Lol you can count on me joining was just busy so i didn't have time to respond to you earlier

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:02 am 

Ok sweets I has ppls, but is now 1 futureistic, 1 fantasy and 2 undecided >.<. Personally I'm feeling of leanng toward the Futuristic, I have a much stronger background for it. I'll post a summery. Check the 1st post. I'll edit and add it there.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 pm 
Cererean Princess

I like the sound of the RP in your opening post - however, like Marik I also have exams munching my time, which will be over by the 6th of June. If I can spare the time, I'll join...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:07 pm 

Well with all yalls sceduals with exams, i'll make it a point to start early june say the 10th or so, would that make it easier for every one?

Also, as the newcomers to the time period, were all normal humans without special powers. however as the thread progresses some of us will learn the magic of the Sarulians and some of us will learn to use the technology of the Valorians and some of us a bit of both. but that will be plot driven and in the moment kinda thing, don't want to pre meditate that for any PCs.

also Mystic Maiden will be joining us for this thread.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:12 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Ok.... good question... are all signs of aliens vanished (mass extinction / they just ran away) in this time period or are they still alive?

If aliens are still alive: in the RP, are we allowed to kill ourselves and/or be turned into an alien?? Are the aliens in a third party where the aliens united together so they could survive the human population? OR are the aliens with the humans still and are fighting side by side with them??

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:20 pm 

Drakel wrote:
Ok.... good question... are all signs of aliens vanished (mass extinction / they just ran away) in this time period or are they still alive?

If aliens are still alive: in the RP, are we allowed to kill ourselves and/or be turned into an alien?? Are the aliens in a third party where the aliens united together so they could survive the human population? OR are the aliens with the humans still and are fighting side by side with them??

In this universe no signs of "sentient" life other then humans and thier evolved races were ever found. So the closest thing to aliens would be animal and plant life.

EDIT: the OOC is up, everyone please direct everything to that.

Last edited by Wardonis on Sat May 07, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:31 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Ok... seeing this is millions of years from now I was curious about it.... I'm still of interest :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:04 pm 

Drakel, post in the OOC not here plz

Offline Profile