Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

Post subject: The Legacy of Blackthorn: Part 1- the contract
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:01 am 
Legend of Old

Hello everyone.

I have been toying with a story idea that has been really eating at me to write lately. It is rare that a story idea causes my creative urge to itch the way this one has, and I have been out of practice for so long. It might be time to pick the pen ... well the keyboard up once again.

Here is the basic plot summary:

Time: Slightly in the future: like we are talking 2020.

Setting: Not really limited to one place. Majority of action is seen in the states.

Plot:
Blackthorn is an organization that the government never acknowledges in public, but it has been responsible for the safekeeping of the states since the end of WWII. In it's dying moments, the axis powers were pretty desperate in securing victory from America, but without Germany's momentum and ambition, the powers fell and the war concluded.

Before Hitler's final moments, he revealed his obsession for the arcane. He was even said to possess the Holy Lance, often referred to as the spear of destiny, which pierced the side of Jesus Christ in his final moments on the cross. After their leader perished, The remnants of the Nazi party tried to utilize the powers of the holy lance to summon and control an influential demon so the tides of battle might sway in their favor. Before the ceremony was completed, bullets whizzed by piercing the skulls of the participants, the LAST active political leaders of the Nazi party, killing everyone in the room. The shadows harbored U.S. government sanctioned assassins, and they secured the Spear of Destiny with blood.

After procuring the holy spear and delivering it to the President of the United States, the Blackthorn operatives seemingly vanished into the shadows that concealed them. News of the last remnants of the Nazi party permeated through the rest of the world. The Nazi's were beaten, the Japanese shortly surrendered, and the war was won. Though the threat of the Nazi party or the supernatural was avoided, Blackthorn did not disband. In fact, they became the president's proverbial "abort" button. They were government sanctioned assassins, and they did their job a little too well.

When ever a political figure went too far or extreme terrorists targeted the states or her allies, the president would dispatch Blackthorn. The agency always worked in secret answering only to the president. The targets were usually terrorists or individuals who got too wise of their existence. There never had to be a clean up, they took care of that too; Professional hitmen for the greater cause, or so the senate would label them.

There are many affairs that occurred in Blackthorn that many are unaware of. In present day, they are very real, but still very illusive and practically invisible. They receive a target, they hit the target. End of story.

Recently, A strange religious movement has swept over the states: an unorthodox hybrid of Malaysian, Christian, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Roman and a few other religions that produces prominent political figures who condone acts of terrorism to be recognized as a registered religion. As soon as the nation acknowledged the organization, now called the church of Singularity, trouble has been brewing. Senators and other major political leaders are being hunted and brutally murdered. Blackthorn has been dispatched to deal with the matter quietly and do what they do best. And they have a secret weapon: A figure known only as "The collector." Some contracts are made and Blackthorn is released into the shadows once more.

To the public: I am open to character ideas and personal bios, but I need to approve them.
If you are interested, I will post my character's bio and we can move from there. I will need some time to put it together, and I have finals in two weeks, so i will need to begin after that.This has the potential to be a fun story, so let me know what you think.

Blackthorn operatives do not have to be "normal" but don't make them gods. If they have some arcane equipment, it makes sense because of the nature of the group. Just keep it reasonable and fun. Again, I have to approve.

What say you?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: The Legacy of Blackthorn: Part 1- the contract
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:14 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

Quote:
What say you?

I say you have my axe!

I need to flex the RP skills, given a lack of both OL and RL roleplaying for a long time...
Similarly to you I'm indisposed for a while due to exams, my last one being in just under a month, so if you start before then I'd love to jump in.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:32 am 
Cererean Princess

Sounds good. I'm in.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:27 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
I would enjoythis as well I believe

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:00 pm 
Solitary Serpent

I'll give it a go.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:08 pm 
G.E.E.K.

"When the call resounds, all come forth."

.....I'm in. I just await the CS.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:24 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
You can count on me to join in.. I got finals in the next two weeks as well, so afterwards ... blissful time to spend not studying and doing homework, I couldn't imagine a better way to start it off than a good story.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:45 am 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
/signed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:18 pm 
Legend of Old

I think this is going to be a lot of fun, everyone.

Finals are on the scene, but afterward, I feel like this can be a pretty epic story.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:44 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

Indeed, this seems to be all the major RPers on this site (plus me :lol: ) pledged to a story, I eagerly anticipate this. Now to dispense with these damn exams...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:19 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Almost all... :)

I'm of interest in this RP as well....

now it's all.... :mrgreen:

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:36 pm 
Legend of Old

I didn't think this would attract so many people. The pressure is on! I wouldn't have it any other way! >)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:22 pm 
Cererean Princess

Quote:
Now to dispense with these damn exams...

Amen to that. When do you have yours over with?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:23 am 
Cyberspace Addict

Technically, the 18th of may, but I have stuff to sort out with my uni etc. which may delay me for up to a week after that. However, after that between this and GM'ing an RL Call of Cthulhu game I'll be up to my ears in fictional worlds :lol:

I know that's quite late though so if everyone else is finished before and wants to start then I don't mind and can then jump in at a convenient juncture.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:29 am 
Legend of Old

Ok Everyone! My exams have been completed. Of course as soon as I finish I get slapped in the face with orders from Uncle Sugar telling me that I am to report to Lavinia TN within the wee hours of the morning on Friday. That's roughly about a four hour drive. Awesome.

Now I normally love drill, but Lavinia is the ass end of Tennessee, and in addition, the orders are for AT. Which means three weeks of being in the field with all of its splendor, which include spiders that absolutely love to be pissed on, so they attack you while you are using the urinal.

So with that said, I will return in like, three weeks. I would love to get started after that, and we can hit the ground running. The challenge has always been to keep attendance going, and I feel like with this kind of engaging story and the help of some good RPERS (meaning you guys) I think we can do just that.

Fearless leader, (Joke)

EXX

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:43 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

Excellent, I should be finished by then too, I'll post a character in the meantime hopefully.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:02 am 
Wanderer
Wanderer

I would be greatly interested in participating if you would have me kind sir.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:48 am 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
Dont forget me, mt "/signed" is way up top on the list, don't want it to get lost :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:40 am 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
A quick head count here
Wardonis
Abel Teller
Marik
DragonRider
Drakel
Dragon444
Ersska
alondor
And yours truly

There no more needing to go through the list to see who has pledged themselves to the cause of The Legacy of Blackthorn

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:12 am 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Talked to Exx the other day, he'd like to start in about 2 more weeks or so when he gets done with AT with the National Gaurd so have characters ready by then and I look forward to playing with everyone.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:40 pm 
Legend of Old

The friendly neighborhood mail man hands you a plastic container no wider than a lunch box. His pleasant demeanor disappears as your palms make contact with the package. In a raspy, cold blooded voice he says, "Place your OOC information after the transmission. Oh, and try not be around anything flammable when you open that thing. Have a good evening."

--Begin Transmission--

Good morning operative! Kiki here! You are receiving this notification so your presence has been requested in the Acacias Briefing Chamber in Black Thorn Headquarters! Excited? You should be!

Remember, it is a stronger word than imperative that you must arrive alone and undetected (unless you wanna car pool!) Our identities and location cannot be jeopardized! If you have forgotten how to lie so your reason for absence will be convincing, we have incorporated some convenient excuses on what to tell your neighbors and loved ones, which shouldn't be too hard seeing how you are most likely affiliated with us already and have been lying for years!

In the event that the lie you have chosen doesn't seem to visually agree with their facial reactions and you think they may be suspicious: just laugh, say you were only kidding, and select another lie. We recommend memorizing three other lies as a contingency plan. We have been doing this for awhile! Sitting at a desk for this organization has given these lies some tested field time. Worst case scenario: Shoot them in the face and notify us immediately. The cleaners will arrive shortly and take care of the body and crime scene problem for you.

1) Girl Scout cookie selling convention -- Everyone loves Girl Scout Cookies! They only come around like once a year, and you never buy enough because they are always down to the last few boxes when your house is next on their list! What are you suppose to do, settle for regular cookies? Hell no! Just say you are going to the convention to score some cookies or help some poor scout group with their mission. No one will ask!

2) You got an interview for a promotion-- Who is going to argue with you for trying to better yourself and your wallet? If they ask what the interview is for, say for an entrepreneur business that keeps the freedom of American enterprise in mind. They will either be swept up by patriotism or think you are a nut who is trying a get-rich-quick scheme, so they will most likely leave you alone. *Caution* in the event you are unemployed, just scratch the "for a promotion" out of the lie entirely. They may get suspicious!

3) Going to a journalism convention: No one in their right mind would want to follow you there! Just say you are on the up-and-up as a young journalist trying to learn the ropes! You might even get a kudos from those who watched the execution videos from the Middle East or movies like "Absence of Malice."

4) Nigeria -- You actually met the prince from Nigeria and you are flying to his country to discuss an inheritance. These e-mails have been circulating for sometime around the viral world. People will call it a scam, but just say you are super serious about it and act angry that they had the audacity to call you a chump. They will leave you alone for you to figure out the hard way. You will be giving the known enemies of the free express ear cleaning with bullets and curb-stomping the opponents of freedom while your loved ones think you are being ripped off! That way when you come back home and you are fatigued, they won't ask many questions. See? We think ahead so you don't have to!

5) Meeting some friends out of town-- This is a convenient lie because it is only partially lying. You are going to meet interesting people, but instead of catching up on good times or reminiscing about the first time you got felt up at a drive in movie, you will be killing them. Ooh! That should be our slogan! Meet interesting people, and then kill them!

Feel free to come up with some on your own. Don't make us do all the work! Just make sure they are convincing as possible.

Show up at the location displayed to you through the sports section of your local news paper that will be arriving shortly. The shady gentlemen who is kind enough to approach you with the paper is Todd! He really gets into character, so forgive him if he is a little over-the-top.

Now that you have reached the conclusion of this message, please deposit the receptacle in a fortified bomb container and stand clear at least 50 meters. Remember how we said you can't jeopardize our identity or location? That is what the whole lying bit is for! Oh, just a friendly reminder. You have only ten seconds left! bye-bye

--End Transmission--

Offline Profile