Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm

Post subject: The Arena
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:08 am 
G.E.E.K.

Seeing as Jishdefish's colloseum RP never got off the ground (and I got a bit impatient), I'm starting this.

The basics are simple. Players fight eachother and various monsters through various rounds in an arena.
I'm not planning on making this a tournament (at least, not yet).
Consider this a place to test your RP fighting skills and nothing more.

I will accept most characters (the exceptions being gods, immortals, beings that can regenerate, etc.)
If I deny a character, I will give a reason.
Players may have multiple characters, but they can not have those characters 'team up'/fight with/against eachother.

If your character is not in a match at the time, you can post what they see/hear in regards to any of the matches in progress.

Much like Exx's Tavern, the world the Arena is located on will remain mostly undefined. (In fact, I may place my Arena on the same undefined world as Exx's Tavern.)

Aside from that have fun.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: The Arena: double chars
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:25 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I'm in... the more Rp's we have here the better, honestly at the moment there seems to only be so few Rps that are still alive and personally I think it's a great idea for all of us to practice fighting each other or other beasts with our favorite chars.... give me some time to create my char's stat sheet.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: The Arena
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:46 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

I shall join as well. I'll modify my favorite character(s) and post him as soon as I can.

Tom is the answer to life.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:14 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
I too will join, might use the full fledged alondor that is i n the maze rp

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:59 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Here's my first character:

Name: Flege2 or just Flege

Physical description: Kinda chubby looking.
Sex: Male
Species: Human
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 175 lb.
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Dark Brown / Black
Clothing: Red collared shirt, blue sweat pants, white socks, and brown boots

Abilities: Reality shifts (only 10 per 24 hours and takes about 4 days to memorize a reality, this includes shifts with the reality), portal (can be to another reality but weakens Flege considerably, also cannot be to another universe), manipulation (can only modify something already present (i.e. converting a pebble into water), the bigger the object the more time and concentration it takes to manipulate (nothing larger than 1.5 feet cubed), reality grab (can only grab objects from realities he has memorized, can not be larger than 1/4 his size), can tap into magical energies if they exist and knows of them
Weapons: Small knife (3 inch blade), small wooden wand (5 inches), automatic handgun (30 bullets in 3 clips, not loaded)
Advantages: Fast learner, knows a little about programming
Disadvantages: Reluctant to harm anything living
Personality: He is kind and a bit naive. He is shy at first but once he gets to know someone, he starts opening up.

Background: About 5 years ago, Flege suddenly shifted to another reality. He has been trying to return to his home reality ever since. He tries to help each reality he goes to.

If there is any confusion on anything about this char or just need more information, don't hesitate to tell me.

On to the second character:

Name: Steve Wilson

Physical description: He has very short hair. He is in top shape for a person of his age and looks like your average feline of 55.
Sex: Male
Species: Feline
Height: 3' 4"
Weight: 100 lb
Fur color: Russian blue (Link: http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t275 ... 905541.jpg)
Eye color: Blue
Clothing: Green jeans, white t-shirt, and black sneakers

Inventory: Dagger (Link: http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t275 ... dagger.jpg), picture of Elizabeth, electro-pulse handgun, and ID cards
Advantages: Knowledge of electronics and a logical mind
Disadvantages: Slow, forgetful, and not very good in combat
Personality: Likes to complain, is rude and is hard to befriend. He is loyal to his friends and is willing to help when he can.

Background: Steve was raised in the village of Fartogan. He studied physics and was hired by the government. When the Great War started, Steve was drafted. He spent all but two years during a war helping to create weapons of old and inventing new weapons (like his electro-pulse handgun). When he left the services, he got married to Alena and had a daughter named Elizabeth. They moved to Salpacka. Someone attacked about the same time they finished unpacking. They grabbed a few essentials and headed to the forest to the East. During their escape, the person got a lucky shot and hit Alena. She gave Elizabeth to Steve and told him to run. Steve ran as fast as he could through the forest until he tripped. He protected Elizabeth by taking the fall on his back. Steve heard the crunch of the person's footsteps and hid Elizabeth in a small ditch nearby. He then ran to where he heard the person and ran past him/her. The person gave chase but eventually lost track of Steve. When he returned to retrieve Elizabeth, she was missing. Steve feared the worst had happened. Until recently Steve has heard nothing of the fate of Elizabeth. While traveling through the town of Hartwell, he showed a few people the picture of Elizabeth and they said that they saw a feline with the same fur and hair coloration just recently.

I've had this character for years and have never really used him (the only time he was used was in a practice session with a friend). I also have the specs for the electro-pulse handgun if you require that. Not sure how he will fare in the arena.

Here's hoping this RP gets a lot of people.

Tom is the answer to life.

Offline Profile