Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

Post subject: Never Were
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:26 am 
Master Old Dragon

Ok, so... got some bad news.... Exanderous hasn't been on for a while, as ya'll have noticed, because he's been trying to get ready for some military training that he has coming up. And that training starts Monday and runs through to the beginning of August. SO that being said, I'm going to have to put Secrets of the Lost Core on hold til he gets back. BUT I am starting a new thread in the meantime to keep me occupied. And here it is!

We are late in the 21st century. World War Three has come and gone, and in its wake lies a planet that is broken and bereft. The governments long ago gave up trying to control the chaos and free-for-all society populated with mutants and desperate survivors. In their stead, a more sinister corruption and indifference came into being and they simply stopped caring. And so, the realm of public defense became a thing of the past, and the private sector flourished, feeding on the fear of the masses. Massive corporations paid scientists to come up with ways to keep the people safe and simultaneously lined the pockets of politicians who did not interfere with their designs. And slowly, but surely, their life and their well-being became intertwined with that of the rest of the populace, until they permeated every corner of society- monopolies running unchecked and unabated, checking on their customers' every move.

When the people tried to rise up after a series of events (to be gone into in the thread), chaos broke out. People began to disappear in the wave of crime that swept the cities- everything from looting to robbery to assault and murder as friends suspected one another and turned. Thus, Congress passed a bill allowing for the development of privatized troops. This gave Nova Corp unprecedented power to aid in the chaos by utilizing their own technology to create an opportunity for volunteers to join a newly created program (the Sentinels, as they were called) to quell the uprising and chaos.

Once order was somewhat restored, these new Sentinels remained, however, and they came to hold more authority than what remained of the local public forces. One of these public defenders, a detective by the name of Alyson Wesson, took it upon herself to investigate the massive disappearances of common man and lawmaker alike. What she discovered was a world hidden behind veils and steel doors, inhabited by mutants, mad scientists and honest men stripped of their humanity. While she couldn't save them all, she managed, through a combination of skill and luck to save a few, and return them to the waking world.

From that point, she continued her investigation, and those that knew her found that they had quite disappeared from the face of the Earth, so far as those in power could tell. They could once again move relatively freely, and if ever a door closed before them, a few key strokes, a phone call, or a flash of a badge and it immediately opened. There was little that their Guardian Angel could not do, it seemed, even if they could not always see her. Despite her work, she did a good job of keeping in touch with each of them... until recently. It seems that Alyson- aka Tara, Angel, among other names- has disappeared. No one has heard from her in weeks- the last to was Russell Stormcrowe- and in the void left by her absence, a new danger has descended on the escapees. If they hope to survive and find her, they have to piece together the work that she left behind, and what they find will make or break not only their own lives, but those of everyone around them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Never Were
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:33 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Wo0t I'm going to join this Secrets was a blast while it was still moving... this is bound to be good... I'll post my character in a bit.. need to think of the possibilities.......
*Runs off with hand to chin and a thinking look*

EDIT:
*Turns around and runs back*
What are the possibilities... can we be mutants?

Last edited by Forgotten Dragon's Ire on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:15 am 
Master Old Dragon

most definitely! Just run abilities by me first, please for approval.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:28 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

kk here's my char Ciarda.

Name: Drakel
Age: somewhere between his early thirty’s to late twenty’s.
Eye’s: a very dark blue
Hair: dirty blond
Skin: white with a slight tan
Race: Human- experiment
Hight: 6'6.
Build: Slim but with decent amount of muscle to look like a pro assassin.

Ability’s: 1) Blink (short distance teleport)- Hyper-Speed Combat (when he slows down in mid blink he is able to attack and be seen in mid blink)- After image( what happens when he constantly blinks Thousands of times around the opponent, creating dozens of after images of himself to confuse the opponent.)
2) Cloak (Invisibility)-
3) An added sixth sense- he could sense the movements of others, making it so he could predict and dodge attacks (hence why he’s never been shot before)

Equipment: a journal, a book, unknown amount of Ammo for his guns, a locket with a skull carved in the metal and a picture of him, a female and two children.

Weapons: two GLOCK 36 pistols and two dragon detailed daggers that are supposed to be for collectors but are now for killing, and they are perfect for the job. The handle is leather for comfort but the dragon detail and the Guard is two wings spread out and two claws spread out as though the dragon is flying and trying to grab something The head in right between the wings, That is the dragon detail which is all in gold except for the dragon’s eyes which are sapphires. The pommel of the daggers are steel and have a dragon’s tail in a loop so Drakel’s finger could hold it there, the loop is connected to a long but thin Titanium chain that has little spikes on it. (Hidden inside the daggers’ holders.)

Appearance: He wears a black trench coat that’s always unbuttoned to show his very dark red T-shirt with a detail that looks like a grim reaper holding two scythes with black (angel of death) wings. The two scythes are down as though the grim reaper is flying and the Scythes’ blades are under the chin of a skull as though they were going to cut off the skull. He has a gun belt with one gun holder (and gun) and two dagger holders (and daggers). His pants are just normal cloth pants that are as dark blue as they come (with pockets) and he wears black leather (steel toe) army boots. He also has an ammo belt across his chest with one grenade that he plans on using only in one special occasion that’s personal to him. On his gun belt is a journal like book and is being held by two chains that could be easily disconnected from the book so he could read it (which he does occasionally), he also almost always has on a pain of long black leather gloves to protect him from burning and he carries a great amount of both chains and ammo clips on his person. All the ammo clips are in the many pouches on his belt while the chains are inside his Trench coat pockets.

Personality: Drakel’s personality is not supposed to be the talkative, He does not like talking about himself and he’s more of the loner type than anything and a very dark person, However he will talk once in a while. He’s also very confused about himself and the way the community is. Everyone could tell at first glance that everything about him screams assassin and the worst part is that he knows it, however he hasn't really thought about becoming one. When all is said and done it's going to shock everyone what he'll do after all this.

Description: Drakel was once a Scientist for NOVA to do a secret program for Super soldiers’. His studies were for a new Project called BCA (blink, Cloak, ability’s). Working with twenty other Scientists that knew every detail of the experiment he decided to be the first to test it due to the Chance his atoms would be completely destroy themselves. The Project succeeded beyond perfectly and it added a newer ability with the project, He could instinctually tell someone’s movements and would dodge their attacks by only an inch. However this project also had a huge drawback that was not worth it if Drakel knew sooner. All his memories were lost and he didn’t know anything other than how to speak, not his name, not where he lives, not even why or how he got the abilities he has now. A scientist sent him to his room so Drakel could rest but instead Drakel found a few things he needed, his clothes, a gun and gun belt, and most importantly a strange journal that tells him everything and acts as a religious bible to him. The name Drakel was found inside this book and so Drakel found a way out of the building killing twenty people on the way out, five of which are scientists. On the streets Drakel found an empty collector’s shop and grabbed himself the two daggers that was supposed to be for a special guest who never arrived. He now wants to destroy those that done this to him and yet he also just wants to know who he was in the first place. The project was stopped after 100 tests passed because the scientists found out that only 10/100(1/10) people could survive the presses.

How They met: Drakel was free for only ten months, All he truly knows is that Project BCA was canceled and all experiments are to be hunted down and executed. He might be considered a top criminal or a highly good Assassin if he was doing anything other than walking around city by city looking for more information. four months ago he was walking down a dark ally, Behind him was Alyson Wesson who thought Drakel might know something by how he’s looking around every were in an ally. FREEZ Said Alyson Wesson. Drakel turned his head to look behind him and got a good look at the girl. His dark glare was enough to make Alyson Reach down for her gun, in a flash she couldn’t see him in front of her but instead a cold blade under her throat. Who are you and why are you here? And if someone sent you, tell me, who am I? The question was beyond absurd, but then she felt another, more blunt object on her back that could have never been mistaken as a gun. What do you mean? I’m a detective so no one sent me after you, I’m just here for some answers but instead I have you asking questions. Said Alyson trying to stay as calm as possible. With another dark glare at her Drakel put away his weapons and said, I see, than I guess I’ll best be going. As soon as he was about to Blink away he felt her hand on his shoulder, you know that because you’re OH so friendly (sarcasm) I’ll let you spend some time at my place so we could talk. Drakel gave her another glare and he said, why should I? The only thing I truly want is revenge on those who done this to me. Her only reply was, If I promise to help you get what you want, will you help me? she noticed he didn’t like to talk and so she put out her hand, She was right. Without another word he shook her hand in agreement; and so he followed her, not talking much until he’s reading that strange book of his. Alyson was barely started her project at the time and she’s already met an unfortunate comrade who has a useful ability. They stayed together as partners ever since but each time she met someone new he always seemed to vanish.

They Met only a day after she started looking for the person in NOVA but that was about four months ago.

Attachments:
a color.png
a color.png [ 229 Bytes | Viewed 23552 times ]

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Last edited by Drakel on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 12 times in total.
 Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:35 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
thank you ire for hitting the biggest question with an anvil of awesomeness. The other questions are technology limits, what are they. Other than that i think you guys should meet my friend in character form.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:39 am 
Master Old Dragon

Drakel, this looks good. However, like I said, Alyson was the linking factor between our group. Could you please include how she factored into his backstory? Remember, she was investigating. Perhaps she questioned him at some point or something.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:41 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Yah, give me a sec and I'll get how they met down.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:41 am 
Master Old Dragon

As for technology, its only the 21st century, so tech is relatively... well normal as we now know it. 9 millimeters, shotguns... etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:44 am 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
My pleasure Alondor and nice char Drakel.. i like the blink..."Whatever you do Just don't blink"

Doctor Who watchers should get the quote....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:46 am 
Master Old Dragon

Doctor WHO!!!!! But hopefully Drakel is not like the Weeping Angels...

"David!"
"Yeah?"
"I have cake!"
"woohoo!"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:55 am 
Master Old Dragon

Ok, so... Here's my character and the rules.

Rules:
1.) I don;t ask that you post everyday, but please if you find that you can't keep up, let me know, ok? I totally understand when life takes you by the hair and slings you round the room, lol. I've been a tad busy myself in the past so believe me I understand. But please just let me know so I know whats going on.
2.) NO GOD MODDING- mutants will have limits on their abilities and there needs to be some agreement between writers^^.
3.) Have fun^^
4.) OH! And if possible, how did your character know Alyson? Was he/she one of the escapees? Or someone she ran into in the course of her investigations?

Ok, here's the basics on Russell.

Name: Russel Stormcrowe
Race: Human- experiment
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Gray
Height: 6'2"
Build: Thin with lean muscle.
Clothing: Russell typically wears comfortable cargo-style pants or blue jeans, t-shirts and sneakers- always sneakers, as they're better for running, which he seems to spend his life doing. Nothing special, just a bit of a James Dean-ish look to him. When it gets cold, he has a wool jacket that he wears, gray in color- a leftover military-issue piece that he stole. Across his middle her wears two or three belts, all hung with a variety of sheaths for knives and the like and his holster. Typically has a bag of some sort on him, a variation/cross of a duffel bag and a backpack- like an elongated backpack.

Weapons: As mentioned above, Russell carries a variety of weapons on his person, including a butterfly knife, a hunting knife, and a Taurus Judge revolver. Laugh at it all you want but he carries ammo rings for it, so there's no fumbling with reloading, and it comes in dern handy. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, a Taurus 3 inch cylinder Judge revolver utilizes .45 caliber ammo AND can also fire 410 shotgun shells, both of which Russell carries in a couple of the pouches on his belts. In addition to these, he also carries Alyson's 9mm Beretta, though he rarely if ever uses it.

Personality: Russell is kind at heart, if not a bit cynical and sarcastic. Life has taught him that, with his luck- or severe lack of it, rather- if it can go wrong, it will, and as such, it helps to be prepared in hat event. And so, while he maintains some hope of improving his situation, he's also not holding his breath for it to happen. That being said, he's an excellent survivalist, but is comfortable in just about any environment- even the condemned building he currently calls "home".

Background: Admittedly, I'm going to be a bit guarded about this, as I am Russell's abilities. He has little or no memory of his life before a few months prior to the start of this story. He doesn't even remember his last name. "Stormcrowe" he came up with as a result of his damnable bad luck. Unfortunately, Russell was "selected" shall we say for a program by Nova Corp... You'll see his abilities presently. I may mention them a little later... Maybe ;P Spoilers... lol. He was one of those rescued, aided and abetted by Alyson, but he determined to stay by her side after the parting of the ways. It was no romantic love that drove him thus though. No, this was a platonic friendship. As he's said, "Of the life that I remember, she's my best friend." And so for a time he traveled with her, aiding her in her investigations as the brute muscle and force- a bodyguard of sorts. Only until recently... For reasons unknown to anyone else, she left him behind for a while and during that time disappeared. As of the start of this, he's looking for her, left with only her gun- found at her apartment- and a small palm pilot style apparatus. He can't get it to work properly, but may know of someone who can break the encryption with which she encoded it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:15 am 

Name: Ira Lorcán Helsing

Description: He is 6'2" rather skinny as if he spent more time working than he should. Light reddish hair as if it bordered on being blond. He wears glasses they are rectangular in shape and he is usually seen with them perched on the bridge of his nose. His dark green eyes have a depth to them as if they are more knowledgeable than they should likely from hours of studying books and from a life devoted to learning. He has a scar on his left arm that runs slanted from the back of his shoulder to the crook of his elbow in a straight line. He usually wears a brown trench coat and underneath that is a button up shirt of either white or blue color he doesn't wear a tie instead the collar is unbuttoned. His pants are black jeans.

Weapon: Carries a 9mm Beretta

Background: He was one of the lead scientists for the Organization Nova Corp... specifically he was one of the lead researchers who experimented on Russel. He solved one of the negative side effects for the better of Russel and it seemed to correct another. After the success of the experiment and subsequent escape of Russel Ira applied the same test to himself and left Nova Corp secretly before they figured out what he had done. Shortly after his departure he saw a news ad from Nova Corp claiming him to have been involved in a tragic accident that left him sadly insane and that if anyone saw him they were to report to Nova Corp and that he was extremely dangerous. After that notice had been aired he kept to the shadows and tried to keep as far away from Nova Corp as possible. At one point in time he came in contact with Alyson and he told her everything he knew Nova Corp had done and he became a constant contact of hers.

Personality: He is a very eccentric man... he was all for improving mankind but the methods and goals of his employers sickened him... he did not like the ideas of making unthinking killing machines so he left... after he improved himself of course... like I said he is very eccentric and quite possibly insane... can't tell for sure... he likes to talk to himself and very frequently... ah but all that's ok... because all the best people are insane... at least a little bit

Edit: Ira is very single minded... so there are times when he will be so absorbed doing something that he completely loses track of time...

Last edited by Forgotten Dragon's Ire on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:02 am 
Cererean Princess

I'll join. I take it we're allowed wined creatures created through genetic engineering? I think I'll play as a variant on SciFi Eris, in that case.

Name: Eris

Age: Somewhere between 20 and 40, as far as she can tell

Race: Nearbaseline

Hair: Dark Brown

Eyes: Hazel

Height: Just shy of 5 foot

Build: Very slim and light - needs to be for her wings to be able to work. Slight build. She has large, white, feathered wings protruding from her back which she can fold about herself if she needs to.

Clothes: grey trousers , not baggy. Same for her T-Shirt, which is a plain grey colour, with holes cut for her wings. Sneaker, black, on her feet, since anything heavier would impede flying. A backpack which holds her stuff, since it's hard to hold something below you in your hands and remaim aerodynamic.

Weapons: a knife which is held in her backpack in such a position that she can get at it easily. Aside from that, nothing. Well, excepting her wings, which are quite powerful - she can swat small opponents away with them, and hurt larger attackers.

Personality: shies away from contact with other people, since in her experience they've normally been agents for Nova, or people wishing to exhibit her as a freak. Quite claustrophobic, and has decided that the best way to solve arguments is to get away from the person you're having the argument with.

Background: she has vague recollections of having a family, but she can't tell whether this is a confabularation or true. For most of the time she can remember she's been kept in a Nova lab, being allowed into an enclosure once a day to fly. She doesn't know how long she was kept there, only that she was eventually released when, after being placed into a van to be moved to another facility, she woke up in the back, with the doors opened and the vehicle abandoned, with a device on her wrist that allowed her to communcate with Alyson.

I promise, I haven't been reading to much Maximum Ride - I've only read the first two, and they aren't big books...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:03 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
yep, definitly time to introduce this character

Name: Drake
height:6'3''
description: brown hair that is rather messy. He has brown eyes with a claw looking mark over the left one. he always wears black jeans and a pullover jacket with redhood. he is also always in pitch black tennis shoes and gloves
weapons:this is where i ask for help, i know nothing about guns and i need someone to give me a gun that i can use for this character, it needs to fit with the ammo belt look i am going with for my character.
mutant ability: transforms into a wolf with red ears, brown head and front area, black paws and hind quarters
Backstory: His father was one of the head people behind Nova Corp, and he hated him for that. His father was the one who "volunteered" him for the "honor" Drake broke out of the facility shortly after ira left. He killed many people in the process. He then hid himself in the shadows while he took down people who controlled monopolies, seeing them as slimeballs who took absolutely everything from everyone. Somewhere along the way he met alyson while they were both tailing someone from nova. they struck up a small small friendship before they exchanged numbers and parted ways
Personality:fun loving man who has a desire to see nova and other corporations fall to pieces. His friends woould tell you that he occasionally does not think his actions through

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:13 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I added how Alyson and drakel met.

Last edited by Drakel on Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:51 pm 
Master Old Dragon

General: A thought just occured to me, guys. Those of you that are mutants, would you be so kind as to clarify whether said abilities were gained through testing or fallout? (cause that IS a possibility).

Drakel: Approved, just make the changes to the backstory that we discussed.

Alondor: Looks ok^^ We talking a regular wolf here or otherwise?

Dragonrider: I like! Approved! *rubber stamp*

Ire: Approved! *rubber stamp*

Ok, and I think this may actually be a decent time to explain Russell's abilities, but alas! I have to hop off for a bit, so next post kiddies^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:54 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

ok, I done the improvement you wanted.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:03 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Excellent! Oh! And Alondor, a good handgun depends really on what you're looking for. If you're just looking to maim, a .22 may be the way to go. A 9mm is good for standard damage. That's what most police officers and military police use- specifically, they use Berettas. Though the Israeli military uses what's called a "Baby Eagle", aka a Jericho 941. That is actually a beauty of a gun, honestly. It has just enough firepower without leaving dinner plates in the person's middle. But it has major stopping power. The other one I would suggest is a standard Colt 45. American made, its a nice gun and handles very well. The main thing with it being a 45 though, versus a standard 9mm, it's going to have a bit more kickback. SO if your character can handle that, and you want some damage, then I might go with the 45.

heh, can you tell I'm a Southern girl?? lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:52 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I chainged my weapons from Glock 20 to Glock 36. Heres a link of the gun.

IFO:http://www.remtek.com/arms/glock/model/45/36/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:50 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Ok to andswer your questions in order
1) it is a regular wolf if you do not count coloring and the fact that he is actually human and can choose form
2) his power was gained by a combination of fall out and experimentation
3)this has to be answered with a question, do all of those guns work with the "ammo belt in an x shape over the chest" look? because if they do i will go with the colt 45.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:30 am 
Cererean Princess

Quote:
Dragonrider: I like! Approved! *rubber stamp*

I've decided to keep to only 2 RPing characters in total on this forum - Cresent and Eris - and vary certain attributes as required by the RP. Makes things much easier. Fantasy = Cresent, SciFi = Eris. 8)

When do we start?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 pm 

From what I know... we should be starting within a week at tops :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:11 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
Name: Enrin Muramas, Rin for short

Height: 5’11”

Weight: 180lbs

Appearance: Asian American decent. Greased back Black hair, almost spiky. Muscularly built but lean and lithe he is very agile and dexterous. He usually wears a black leather vest and long flowing black pants.

Weapons: Twin Katanas, various types of shurikens and styles of martial arts.

Powers: Ability to telekinetically channel elemental energy through specially made glass spheres. Generally uses the energy to manifest martial weapons. Doesn’t use the power often.

Background: A descendant of a Ronen samurai Rin is proud of his families history. He is the leader of a mutant resistance group called “The Cleansing Fire”. Recently when one of the Cleansing Fire’s assault was ambushed by Nova Corp’s mercenary arm Rin was captured. He is still Locked within and being experimented on even as we speak. He and Alyson mutually exchanged information on many occasions.

Personality: Sarcastic and abrasive yet stoic. He has a tendency to stand or sit on high objects and places. Very down to earth view of the world and events, Very generous with criticism.

--I know its short, I’ll elaberate with some edits. I’m just pressed for time atm and wanted to stake my clame befor its closed.--

EDIT: im going to leave this as is, i wanna let the story flesh him out and leave some room for mystery.

Last edited by Wardonis on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:26 pm 
Solitary Serpent

I'm interested in joining. I'll post my character later this evening.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:04 pm 

Hello Ersska how's that internet problem coming along? You get it fixed?

Offline Profile