Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

Post subject: Re: Never Were
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:37 pm 
Solitary Serpent

For the time being. I'm actually just bumming off someone else, but my schedule allows me to bum on a regular basis now. :) Hopefully by next month, I'll permanently have my own internets to use.

I have two characters for this rp, if that's okay.

Name: Shel
Race: Human - experiment
Hair: Jet black, kept short, cropped to about the tops of her ears with long bangs (think Akima from Titan A.E.)
Eyes: Right: dark brown. Left: pale blue, almost white, with a dark rim
Height: 5'8"
Appearance: Shel is of medium build with long legs and athletic muscle tone with slight curves (feminine, but not overly so). Her fingernails are sharp and claw-like. She wears a fitted, dull green, zip-up hoodie with the sleeves torn off at the shoulders. Her pants are baggy, dusty, once-white jeans that sag on her hips, though (thanks to an unraveling black, cloth belt) never fall off. Black toe shoes (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/) are her shoes of choice.
Weapons: She has two rectangular, thin, metal sheaths attached each to the tops of her forearms. They're spring-loaded, and with a press of a button, reveal 7-inch blades. The blades lock in place, so they cannot be easily pushed back into the sheaths. Hand-to-hand combat is her specialty, and her free-runner skills help her move about quickly and freely. Shel's fingernails contain a venom like that of a snake's, which she can inject at will. She can strike a blow a blinding speed, but has a few seconds delay before she can strike again. Shel also has the ability to sense minute changes in the temperature around her, letting her know when someone is near (but not always where).
Personality: Shel is calculating and cunning. She doesn't play favorites and is neither particularly nice nor mean to anyone except her sister. She has a certain playfulness about her that tends to annoy others around her. She loves to taunt and tease but doesn't see it as wrong. Her sister, Ridley, is her life. This is also Shel's weakness. If control the sister, you control Shel.

------

Name: Ridley (Shel's twin sister)
Race: Human
Hair: Jet black, chopped in layers down to her chin, always kinda messy/spiky
Eyes: Right: pale blue, almost white, with a dark rim. Left: dark brown. (opposite of her sister's)
Height: 5'8
Build: Ridley also is of medium build with long legs and athletic muscle tone with slight curves (feminine, but not overly so). She wears a fitted, dull green, zip-up hoodie like her sister's but with the sleeves still intact. The bottom half of the hoodie has been ripped off and hemmed, stopping about 2 inches below her chest, revealing her stomach. Ridley's bottoms are baggy, dusty, once-white shorts that stop just below her knees. Instead of a belt, she opts for a pair of faded red suspenders. Black, fingerless gloves cover her hands, and like her sister, Ridley dons a pair of black toe shoes.
Weapons: Ridley's primary weapon is her bow and arrow, which she carries slung across her back. She is an excellent marksman and rarely misses her target. Her secondary weapon is a machete she keeps sheath at her side. While she is fairly skilled at hand-to-hand combat, Ridley is not as good as Shel and prefers to take out the enemy from a distance with her arrows. She also has free-running experience.
Personality: Ridley exhibits the same playfulness as her sister and will occassionally team up with Shel to tease and taunt. Surprisingly, she is the hot-headed one of the twins. Her weakness is also her sister. However, if you capture Shel, Ridley is most likely to try a radical escape plan that will get them both killed.

Background: Growing up, the twins led a carefree life. Both parents loved and cared for them, and money was never an issue. They spent their days running about the mansion and the spacious garden, having competitions between themselves, play-fighting, and causing havoc amongst the staff.
They knew their father worked for Nova Corp, but they had no idea of the terrible things he did there. Nor did they know they had been monitored all their lives, selected to take part in one of their father's experiments. When the day came, Ridley was deemed too unstable, unsuitable. Shel, however, was exactly what Nova Corp was looking for. Shel was taken during the night, and Ridley awoke the next morning to an empty bed.
Ridley searched for Shel, asking everyone she knew about her sister. All of her questions were met with threats or feigned deafness. Determined to find Shel, Ridley scoured the house for clues. Sneaking into her father's office late one night, Ridley found files explaining the experiments her father had been working on including her own file stamped "REFUSED". Deciding her best bet was Nova Corp, she snuck out of the house and headed for their headquarters without a plan.
With skill and a heckuva lot of luck, Ridley found Shel. Unfortunately, she was too late. The experiments had already been carried out. Shel's abilities had been combined with what seemed to be a snake's. Her grip was crushing; her strikes were blindingly fast; and her nails now contained venom. Only by a miracle did the girls manage to escape Nova Corp. Knowing they couldn't return home, the twins wandered aimlessly around, simply avoiding anyone who would return them to their father. That's when they met Her.
She didn't have a name. She didn't need one. She helped Shel hone her new skills, told them what Her plans were, and asked them to join Her. She gave the twins a purpose, a reason to fight. And they still fight for Her today.

That's it for now. Hope I didn't overwhelm you there. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:43 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
^_^ lol its good to hear you have access to the internet again... and nice chars... i really like the heterochromia of the twins.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:17 am 
Solitary Serpent

Thanks! ^^

Just a heads up, Ciarda, I'm going out of town for a few days on vacation. I don't think I'll have any internet access there. But I'll be back Friday. See y'all then!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:44 pm 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Have Fun :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:00 am 
Master Old Dragon

Ok guys, given that Ersska's on vacay and all, what say we pick this up on Friday? We'll start on Friday^__^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 am 

(: nalp a ekil sdnuos taht won

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:48 am 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
Forgotten Dragon's Ire wrote:
(: nalp a ekil sdnuos taht won

Yo, this isn't mexico bud, in america we speak english. :thwack:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:12 pm 

:P sdrawkcab tsuj s'ti hsilgne gnikaeps saw i

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:51 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
:P sdrawkcab tsuj s'ti ,hsilgne gnikaeps saw i

fixed

5745122775 12451242 42812784 7587729627637266.

figure out what that says

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:00 am 

yeah yeah i figured it out... and really you had to put that comma in there??

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:25 pm 
Solitary Serpent

And I'm back! I take it my characters were approved?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:41 pm 

Yep :) welcome to the thread

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:55 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Could someone answer my question about whethher or not my gun will work

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:43 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Alondor: Out of the ones that Ciarda mentioned, the Colt .45 would be your best choice for the look you want. A revolver would be the most efficient and the best match for the ammo belt. Anything with a clip would be problematic, seeing as you would have to load the ammo into the clip then load the clip into the gun. Revolvers take the ammo straight from belt to chamber. However, the best choice in general for your gun would be a .357 Magnum. It has considerably more knock down (stopping power) than a 9 mm and less recoil than a .45. It's also a heavy gun, making it steady in the hand, more accurate, and consistent (the trigger has a 3 pound pull). Since it is a revolver, it has less moving parts. This means it's easier to maintain and it can't jam up on you.
So, I would recommend going with Smith and Wesson's .357 Magnum. You can get a long barrel or short. I've posted links to both below. The second link has more information on the gun. It also has a picture showing what I meant about the accuracy and consistency.
Long barrel: http://www.drundel.com/610.jpg
Short barrel: http://www.snubnose.info/docs/model60-15.htm

I'm a good ol' southern girl as well! :D Haha!

Oh, and not trying to sound whiney or anything, but when is this going to get started? I'm ready to play! :poke:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:56 pm 

It should soon, she has been doing alot with work cause she got a promotion. not only that but her man comes home next week.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:34 pm 
Cererean Princess

I'm going away on Friday, for 5 days... during which I will likely not be able to access a computer, let alone the internets.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:42 pm 

Well... if its any consolation Dragonrider... i'm going away on Monday through Friday next week for vacation... and i know we won't have internet... unless the wilderness suddenly develops wifi...

Next week
"HOLY :swear: ... There's wifi out here?!" Me
"Oh yeah... didn't you know trees now transmit it"
"Oh wow..."

:D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:28 am 
Master Old Dragon

ok folks, started. I changed the name though as you'll note. ALSO, an important note: Due to the nature of this rp, I need everyone to kinda sit tight til I let you know to come in. Mostly because they're following leads, etc. Eventually we'll have everyone, but for the moment, just sit tight and I'll let you know when to pop in. Thanks!

Oh and speaking of which, Ersska, since I mentioned the twins, you can go ahead and post if you feel that you could contribute at this point^__^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:58 am 

Hey Ersska, thought I'd let you know both Russel and Ira shifted... I tried to include both in the shifting without having to go into dual detail with this sentence
Too far gone to stop it he shuddered as Russell's change mirrored that of Ira's.
and this one
Snarling the two werewolves began to fight with a fury that was unearthly, both seeming to be equally matched in prowess.
one of the peculiarities of the werewolves is that when one shifts, all werewolves nearby will shift themselves as a self-defense system... usually they won't fight another werewolf.. unless their anger is directed toward one... thought I'd explain that part as it sorta forces the change on another werewolf...

But we can just write that off as not getting a good look at Russell after he shifted so no need to change what you wrote btw great post I was wondering how you would incorporate yourself and you did it marvelously

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:40 pm 
Solitary Serpent

I read "Too far gone to stop it he shuddered as Russell's change mirrored that of Ira's" as a typo. I thought perhaps you had accidentally swapped the names around.
As far as Ira being a werewolf, I thought his shift might have stopped totally at the stage in Ciarda's post (hence shel's line "i don't think i've ever seen one shift that far"). I know there are different stages of a shift, especially in an rp like this, dealing with mutants. And since Ciarda didn't indulge any details of Russell's mutation, I had no idea how far it would go. I just let it be that the twins had never seen his powers either.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:12 pm 
Solitary Serpent

FDI: I went in an edited a few minor things in my post. So, now it reads as the twins seeing both men transform. It didn't take a lot of tweeking, a very simple fix. So now, nothing needs to be "written off" and everything flows together.

ONWARD WITH THE STORY! *points dramatically and charges to the rp forum*

P.S. - Glad you like my post. Thanks for the compliment!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:23 pm 

It was my pleasure... hope you enjoy the next part that I wrote... Yeah both of our chars were of the same experiment... as Ira was one of the ones who executed that particular one and then performed it on himself

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:46 pm 
Cererean Princess

When should Eris pop in?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:34 pm 

That's up to Ciarda.. I haven't seen her around for a while... but I'm going to see if I can get a hold of her... until then

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:42 pm 

Don't mean to double post but its more noticeable than editing... Ciarda's been having a tough week so she asked me to say that she'll post when she can.

Offline Profile