Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 pm

Post subject: Sweet Dreams
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:27 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

For some reason, at one night we all slept at the same time and out of nowhere, we all got into a strange Acoma and became mentally connected in a way. Now not only are we all in some strange mental world where laws, rules, space, time everything does not matter. The only rule there is in our dreams is do not die for in your dreams death is always more than real. We don't really have much power over our dream world nor do we have much of a choice but to pass through each other’s dreams. We all still have on our most favorite "dream" armor and weapons but how do we even know they work? All we know is that some strange figure wants us to play his game by his rules. The good, evil and the insane does not matter here. We all still need to pass through.

Here’s the char sheet I'll need you to fill out.

Name:

Race:

Class (rogue, mage, warrior, Bard ECT.....):

Appearance:

Weapons:

Description:

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Sweet Dreams
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:41 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
sounds like Q of the dream world though more dangerous, sad. Eithef way i will join you

Name:Alondor

Race:Human with dragon wings

Class: mage with swords

Appearance:blonde hair that falls to his neck and a long white robe with red shoulder flaps and red diamonds going down the center. It is made of satin

Weapons: The colorful picture is not great representations but it will do. I did not draw the other one

Description

Attachments:
ryu tsuin.png
ryu tsuin.png [ 2.65 KiB | Viewed 7345 times ]
jolsajai.jpg
jolsajai.jpg [ 43.09 KiB | Viewed 7345 times ]
ryu tsuin.png
ryu tsuin.png [ 2.65 KiB | Viewed 7345 times ]

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:05 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Approved. Great to have you interested. We'll need at least two more people before we could truly start.

Note: that Even though this is the dream world and most laws there don't exist, the law of magic limitations do still exist, we could use magic and that's actually all we could truly use other than weapons. It's like the normal you except it's in your dream worlds.

Name:Azrivel

Race:Half Elf

Class (rogue, mage, warrior, Bard ECT.....): Mage Enchanter with sword and claw.

Appearance:His unbreakable stainless steel colored titan’s arm covers his left arm and his gold colored armor that was handmade so he would look more dragon is as strong as steel armor. He has blond hair and a lightly tan skin. He has three different eye modes, silver with white pupil (blind), half black half silver eye color with half black half white pupils ( normal), full black eye color with black pupils( he could see someone’s attacks better). Azrivel never really wears a helmet but sometimes puts on a black hood on. Azrivel also has a dragon design, enchanted, one handed long sword that he carries on his back all the time.

Weapons:

Dragoth in main form:
Attachment:
Dragoth ( Main Form).png
Dragoth ( Main Form).png [ 6.2 KiB | Viewed 7334 times ]
He can't use any of the other forms of this weapon.

Description: Azrivel is a half-elf that was raised by dragons after thanks to a group of cultists that killed his real family. It has barely been ten years after Azrivel moved on his own around the world. Finding both a ring and a rare enchanted weapon Azrivel barely realized he now has a bit more unstable power. He knows a bit of magic’s and learned how to use swords for many years but never actually got to fight against others. He barely learned how to use the full power of his enchanted blade but to him it is never worth using its unstable power, so instead he just uses the basic rune enchantments.

Last edited by Drakel on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:37 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
you maywish to include the laws ofmagic because not everyone agrees on those.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:41 pm 
Cererean Princess

1st law of Magic: you have a limited amount of power; you exceed this, you die.

2nd law- wait, there isn't a second law...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:57 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Ok all laws of magic are included.(though limited to the basic spells).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:59 pm 
Cererean Princess

You can't include "all laws of magic" - they're mutually contradictory.

I don't think you've thought through your worldbuilding properly. If there wee more regular members, I might try getting an RP going.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:12 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I have most of it planned out, The World is a dream, It changes each time you go through one of the many doors. Each of the doors go through the soul, the mind, the memories, the desires, and the fears of pretty much everyone. We all pretty much start inside a void of stairs leading to thousands of doors.

It changes from person to person, each of the doors has a sign with color changing paint that tells you where it goes (sometimes).

The only thing that's we're having a prob with is magic which basically I'm trying to say is, yes magic but high limitations to the basic spells. No supper magic dream god char's.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:32 pm 
Cererean Princess

But, that's what I don;t get. In dreams there are no limitations... I also don;t understand how you plan to run it. Is everyone going to randomly be whisked off to another place without warning?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:49 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

No, as you well know our goal is to wake up, however we all must go through each other’s minds for us to wake up. When we all go through all the minds we will eventually wake up. It's not randomly. Once we start at the first door we have to pass the small realm the door sent us to by completing an obstacle. After that some stairs would appear that would lead to the next door which would lead us to the next dream realm.

Yes there would be magic but you won't get tired like you would in the real world for using magic. in other words, We don't use our own energy from using magic but we also could only use minor spells like fire ball or lightning bolt and such.

There is magic in the dream world because your mind is the dream world. in other words your using what your mind believes is possible and impossible. in other words, there is magic because your char knows and believes in magic. There are spells because your char used spells in the real world and so There are spells in the dream world. However the more advanced spells are not able to be used for your char did not master them to a point where they could cast it through the mind.

to put it in a nut shell it only exists as long as your char believes it does.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:43 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

and hence you run into the problem of the overly comfident nutjob.

Someone who thinks they can cast a high level spell can and will. Their is also the fact that people who a frequent nightmarers, such as myself and my character have been told that anything is possible in a dream

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:04 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

alondor wrote:
and hence you run into the problem of the overly comfident nutjob.

Someone who thinks they can cast a high level spell can and will. Their is also the fact that people who a frequent nightmarers, such as myself and my character have been told that anything is possible in a dream

You have a point but that's mainly when you’re in control of that exact dream. However this time no one controls the dream other than some dark force. The dark force controls our dream and we are there to do three things, gain control of our dreams again, wake up and most importantly survive.

as for the magic, seeing that we are inside our heads Only basic spells that our char's could cast without even saying a word.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:40 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Drakel wrote:
as for the magic, seeing that we are inside our heads Only basic spells that our char's could cast without even saying a word.

Well the char i was thinking about is a bard... all his spells need to be spoken... so he couldn't cast any of his spells?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:21 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Quote:
Well the char i was thinking about is a bard... all his spells need to be spoken... so he couldn't cast any of his spells?

Good question!

That’s a bit different. If he memorized the spells he should still be able to use them (only if their minor)

In reality he must sing to use his spells, and his mind grasps that as a major rule in his reality. So yes, he could say his spells as long as they are perfectly memorized and minor they are allowed.

to put it in a very dense nutshell, in reality you see a cat and your mind accepts that as a cat, Right? in reality your char must sing, so to his mind he must sing songs. However here is the glitch in where reality could be twisted but without your control. If you see a cat but your mind is telling you that it's a knife what would it be? In reality it's a cat but in this dream world it's a knife that meows and purrs. If your mind believes in it than that is how it is to your mind. Hence why rules of reality don't really apply here.

The more things your char's mind believes in something is something else than the more reality changes uncontrollably, however if your char believes something is exactly what it is or seems to be than that something never changes.

It's pretty complex and very hard to explain. All I'm truly trying to say is that I only want everyone to use basic spells, nothing major like instant summon nukes. As close as anyone could get from casting a nuke up someone's a :swear: is a fire ball that explodes a small explosion.

I'm not saying that every spell has to be used telepathically, I'm trying to say is that they have to be SO COMMON and easy to cast that it hardly takes any effort at all and very basic.

EDIT:
Quote:

Now that is something that's already answered. We'll be going through both sides of dreams per person (literatly). good dreams and bad dreams which are separated. (don't want to ruin the surprise)

BTW: we only need one more person and then we could start :D Unless Dragon rider IS interested, than we could start Tomorrow :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:22 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

you still have not listed what the laws of magic for this game are.

And the easier way to have solved the problem that we just got over is if you had said the villian dude restricted magic

Do you want us to provide dreams for the good and bad sides of our doors?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:03 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

nah, there are yes multiple doors but the actual dream realm door in both sides included in one realm, I'm not going through the details of that but I will say they are separated.

Yah that's pretty much how the magic is decreased; however it's not only him keeping us from using our major ability's but also ourselves (in a way). This might actually be the first time our char's truly grasp that their dreams are not just dreams but a whole actual realm created for their soul. kind of like a temporary heaven and hell. So they do not grasp the laws of this ream or their ability's until the last seconds. It's also like they completely forgot how to use their major spells like casting a nuke fire storm like thing. They still know the major spells and stuff but they can’t quite get the words right so it does nothing because the dark force is messing in their heads.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:26 am 
hufflepuff head of house

so is that a yes or a no to the need of dreams andwhere is your magic rule book?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:20 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Yes however the good dream and bad dream sides will be seporated the same way. I don't realy have one.

ok I have only a few basic rules of magic for this RP

1) basic spells only
2) they don't take any energy nor should they.
3) no telipathy and mind controllers

rule three I forgot to add due to the confusion of why only basic magic. It's the biggest and most important rule for this RP, as you well know when in a dream you are only just an image. Yes things hurt and yes you could die but still, only an image. This is because we don't really have brains cause we are already in our brains.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:29 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

OK thank you for answering those questions you will find my dream options in your inbox

Offline Profile