Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Maelstrom
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:15 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
2 things.

#1 Raptor has decided to drop out so we will ne a replacement for her if anyone is reading or has anyone in mind.

#2 Fri night I should be able to post a bunch of pics of the maelstrom. I have built it literal for several games and the pics should help you get a clearer image.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Maelstrom
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:00 am 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
Ciarda will be editing her post, aperntly she didnt know there was no science wing.

DISCLAMER: these pics are from three sperate games, you may recognise some or all, I have built the malstrom or at least started building it for these games and the pics i'm going to show you have many imcomplete elements from texturing to structure but they should be able to help you understand the layout of the ship alot better.

The games I used were doom 1 (specificly JDoom version), the origonal Unreal tournament and serious sam: the second encounter. If you have any of those and would like a copy of these levels just ask and to you they will come.

much of the ship is undone, mainly the quarters, they are on deck 3 and 4 and for the moment you'll just have to use your imagination. one major thing to note, in all three types the central shaft uses steps, this should actually be a central lift. Also, even though there is a bar on top deck there is no alchohol on board, the bar serves as a kitchenette and is manned 24/7 by a junior officer that will prepare food for you, being senior officers it can be delivered to you anywhere on the ship even quarters.

the untextured grey is done with serious sam and is the most up to date. note the two balconys on the upper level of main engineering, those will eventually have consoles on them. if any of you have any furthur questions however small just ask I will explain in detail.

I used a zip file that can be DL'd from the link below, there are alot of pictures and i figured this would be the easiest way. its bout 30mb

http://www.mediafire.com/?rymgnnnm4ug

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: OOC: Maelstrom
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:07 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Name: Vaenen “Chromium” Zelius

Sex: Male

Race: Human

Physical Description: Vaenen stands at 6' tall, with a medium-muscled build. He has angular features, his hair is black like a raven's, while he keeps his bear and mustache full, but short. His nose comes to a point in front of his face, looking like it could break with decent punch, it gives him a stuck up appearance even if he doesn't mean to. His eyes are hazel in color, and he has an intense stare. He has thin lips, and his chin juts out slightly. His right hand is a prosthetic robotic hand with a full range of movement, and he often says it's better than his real one.

Clothing:

Vaenen doesn't wear casual clothing often. When he does, its usually a white shirt, jeans and boots. Most of the time, and indeed almost 24/7 he's in his armor, sleeping in it, eating in it, and everything. One never knows when one might need it.

His armor is medium is build, the armor plating is bulkier than most, but still offers a full range of movement. The armor is chrome plated, giving him his nickname. The armor is spartan in comparison to other armors, using less but more powerful weapons. Folded to the back of the armor are two extra robotic arms which he uses to treat others' wounds and repair equipment. These medical/engineering arms are like the ones used in operations and small tolerance construction, used for precise movements that a human hand is simply not capable of. His medical supplies include injections of nanites, nanites and more nanites. These nanobots are a type of cure-all in medicine, non sentient, and programmable these small machines repair damaged tissue on a molecular level, stimulating cell growth at an astonishing rate. Flesh wounds can be healed in hours, and broken bones within days. These nanites are not self replicating, and therefore pose no threat to an individual's health. After a three day period, the nanites deactivate and are flushed out of the body as waste.

Weapons:

PGMP: Vaenen always has his Plasma Gun Man Portable handy. It is attached to his armor by a heavy duty cable. The weapon is sleek, bulky and quite deadly. Using plasma, the fourth state of matter. It spews the matter out of the barrel in a stream, not a pulse. Equally effective against infantry and armor, it is a weapon to be reckoned with. Under slung on the barrel, is a tungsten bayonet, used for gutting enemies. Due to its nature as more of an assault weapon, it has limited range. A little beyond a football field is its limit.

Shoulder Mounted PGMP: Much like the previous PGMP, this one fires pulses rather than streams. This is used for long range attack, and can even target and track low flying fighters to a certain extent.

Personality:

Vaenen is to the point, and rather violent in nature. Some wonder how in the world he became a medic or an engineer. He prefers frontal confrontations rather than flanking and maneuvering, and would be the type to jump in front of a tank just to put a hole through it with his plasma weapons. Though when not in combat, and not being insulted, Vaenen is a calm person, enjoying a beer or two here and there. One of his favorite past times in listening to music, and watching very violent movies.

History:

Vaenen was born on a planet in Tau Ceti, Tau Prime, to a rather wealthy family. He never explains much about his family, other than they were rich, and ignorant of the world around them. He sometimes states he and his father have a troubled past. As an act of defiance, he joined the military. It was here where they found his aptitude for assault, medicine and engineering work. A well rounded soldier in anyone's books to say the least. Most medics are pacifists, most engineers are too cowardly, most assault troopers were far too violent to see anything except what was currently in their cross hairs. He had qualities of all three, but didn't have the drawbacks of any. Although he did tend to be more of an assault trooper in training exercises, than either of the other two, but that's to be expected in a combat situation. Kill the enemy first, help the injured when there were no more threats. Simple logic. For his qualities, he was picked for the suicide mission, and joined the crew...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:01 pm 

Welcome to the thread heavy man, i'm going to write you in here in just a few posts.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:05 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Ok edited my post (finally). So now others can definitely post again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

edited my post, as I looked at the images. Are we imagining we are similar to a star trek crew but geared for war?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:37 pm 

Fyre wrote:
edited my post, as I looked at the images. Are we imagining we are similar to a star trek crew but geared for war?

thats complicated, i'm going to say no. however the command structure is very similer

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:11 pm 
Master Old Dragon

sadly, for some reason, my computer won't open the images, friend. =(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:13 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
did you unzip them? if not that would be the problem and a good free program to unzip it would be Jzip which is what i use this is if you don't own Winzip or another such program already

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:56 pm 
Master Old Dragon

yeah it stopped in the middle of downloading the pics =(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:59 pm 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
that is really odd... i would ask did you lose connection but somehow i don't think that to be the case as i see you now...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:29 am 

Working with FDI for an alternate DL sorce

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:13 pm 

Ok i think we are done organizing it so here is the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2c88 ... 0f25e869f4

Engineering is on both 2 and 3 decks so it is in both folders right now there are no pictures for some rooms like the quarters for crew and officers but i put a folder to indicate where they are

Ciarda as you said you had difficulty downloading the previous file so i made it so you can view the pictures online as well without having to download them. So you can bookmark the page for reference

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:47 pm 

TY FDI

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm 

No problem it was my pleasure to help

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:07 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

sorry I've not written lately, have been up to my eyeballs in my fair lady rehearsals and performances, thankfully all coming to an end tomorrow. so I will have a good look at it tomorrow and write my next post.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:42 pm 

Righto, at the moment everyone is just supose to be familuriZing themselves with thier stations and the ship in general

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:48 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Ok, so I took some time recently and really worked on the race of Shifters that I've introduced by using Taji as my character, and I thought I'd share some of it, for reference int eh story and also just for fun. To make this easy to follow, I'm going to chunk the information and separate it.

Physical Appearance: Shifters when in their natural form, are actually very distinguishable from other humanoid species. They tend to be a little taller than normal humans, but the differences are not so subtle in the rest of their figures. Traditionally, unless they've dyed it or have shifted its pigment (which they can do), their hair ranges from a bright crimson in color (think blood when it hits the air) to a dark maroon. Their eyes are solid black, with no whites whatsoever. Also, they have a series of ridges that run along the edges of their ears, their shoulder blades, and their spine. All of these characteristics can be explained when put in the context of the desert planet that they Shifters call their homeworld. As for the ridges, they act in such a way as to draw the heat from the Shifter's body to those particular areas where it can be stored in specialized cells therein. As such, temperature rarely effects them, and they can remain unphased by most hot or cold temperatures.

Shifting: There are two ways in which a Shifter can change his/her appearance.
General: When s Shifter changes just the very basics of his or her appearance (hair color, eye color, skin color, etc), it really only requires a movement of the skin and a change in pigment. While this takes years of practice, it is a basic skill and easy for them to accomplish simply with concentration and thought on the matter. In addition, they can also harden their skin and move it across their person in various forms and functions. For example, one of Taji's signature moves is to move her skin in such a way that it forms a series of spikes that she then hurls at her enemies. It doesn't hurt at that point, in fact, it's pretty much like losing dead skin or finger nails, etc.
Bonding: If its the first time that a Shifter is endeavoring to take on a race's form, they must first bond with a member of that race. Essentially, this includes maintaining some form of physical contact for the duration of the shift, as it enables the Shifter to copy the DNA of the person. During this process they also establish a link of sorts with the person, in which they absorb the most basic of memories. However, this does not by any means make them telepathic in any capacity other than their shifting. They cannot read thoughts or predict events, merely absorb memories, from which they learn the culture and the language. But this is not something that they are constantly burdened with, as they can essentially pocket their memories and thoughts. It's best described as when a person has multiple personality disorder and can only access certain thoughts, memories, etc when they are in a certain persona. Unfortunately, for Shifters, this means that by the time they start to get up in years (right around middle aged), some begin to develop an actual multiple personality disorder from pocketing so many memories and personas, especially the more that they utilize them. Consider it their version of Alzheimer's.

Ok, that's the physical, didn't want this to be a monster post, so there ya go! Posting more as I develop it!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:38 pm 

Very interesting :D ... makes me want to create a shifter right now and wishing James were one... sigh

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:44 am 

Spot on with the armory, it will allow you to make just about any modification you can imagine. the only thing to think about is your don't want everything. the suits power generator couldn't handel it. pick a level of endurance, mobility and firepower that is balanced for optimal power usage. if you lean heavy in 1 direction you will have to sacrifice in others.

i'll wait for you 2 to finish up b4 bringing in heavy man so i dont break up the storys direction.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:59 am 
Master Old Dragon

I'll prolly post tomorrow, when I can before Easter service. Need a little time to plan out her armor, etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:59 am 

Ship commands! almost forgot about these.

comp com (location) --opens direct audio communication from you location to spoken location.

com end ----ends communication

comp find (personel) internal sensors will locate the individual and iridal will give you a brief audio of that individuals location

comp Q (inquiry) this command lets you directly ask the computer core any question, this is almost like talking to the startrek computer except you have to say this for each question.

If you need Iridal just call for her, she can always hear you anywhere on the ship and her image and attention can exist in more than one place at a time so you wont have to worry your pulling her away from someone, each person on the ship could technicly speak to a different image of her and have a full conversation and the same time.

computer always uses Iridals voice. whenever it speaks.

I may add to this list so check back from time to time.

EDIT: Had a thought for a different approch and I like the time line sync with what I posted and what you 2 are doing so I figured i'd post this part because it really doesn't subtract from your scene.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:24 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Hey there guys. I had a pretty serious accident today, and I'm really way out of it so I'm really sorry, but it'll be a while til I can get a post up. My head is swimming, and the Loratab is making it hard to type. So just so you don't think I've up and disappeared on ya'll.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:50 am 

ooh hope you get better soon we will miss you

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:15 pm 

:skeptical: Owch.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next