Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm

Post subject: Potential new story
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:51 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
I am thinking about starting and running a new story about a starship crew, I’d need at least 6 players and I could take up to as many as 10 total. I have a pretty involved structure of the universe and ship; and would be looking for characters more focused on inward development and bonding with one another than collecting loot and flashy powers. I’m just posting to see if anyone would be interested post here or pm me if it sounds like it might be fun and you’d like to try, if I get enough I’ll start laying the foundation. :)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Potential new story
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:27 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Sounds like fun i would love to join just one question... Will there be various alien races?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:44 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
both for the crew and various encounters yes

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:12 pm 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Sweet that wasn't really a factor to me joining that was just me being curious as to what might be involved

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:14 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Ok IRE. I am Interested.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Last edited by Drakel on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:01 am 

Um Drakes this is meant for him to first recruit enough people to join then we get specifics on characters but nice char

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:52 am 
Master Old Dragon

*expresses interest*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:27 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

ok I edited my char

I am interested terren;) This RP sounds interesting and sounds a bit fun. would like a bit more information butttt...this is still good.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:07 pm 

thats 3, need 3 more atleast

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:39 pm 

General concept: We are the crew of the Maelstrom. We are the best of the best gathered from across the Coalition of Allied Worlds, or CAW. We are all part of a U.N. type of army all similar and yet all uniquely different. At this point in time the galaxy has been mapped and settled in its entirety. However a new threat comes to the galaxy sweeping in on the “periphery” and slowly consuming those worlds on the border of the galaxy, if it isn’t stopped it will consume us all. Very little intelligence exists on the threat known only as the Scree. While the bulk of the CAW navy is being assembled we are a small task force, with have full autonomy, of battle hardened veterans whose mission it is to find a way to stop the invasion at any cost.

Positions(there are more, these are just the minmum)>
Captain: Me
Pilot:
Navigations:
Communications:
Main Engineer:
Tactical:
Sciance/Analysis:

I also want to fill these off ship rolls with the crew so each person would have 2 jobs 1 on ship and 1 off:
Demolitions/ Heavy Weapons
Field Medic
Sniper
Melee/Tankish not ninja style
X2 Mid Range Combat

Despite the combat orientation, there will be a lot of story it won’t be all combat I promise.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:57 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

How creative are we aloud to be on making our chars??

Here is my char (if it is aloud )

Name: Cyriscel (Cie-riss-cell)

Eye color: (glowing) Red

Race: Valadorrum (Val-la-door-rum)

About the race: The Valadorrums are actually a crystal like beings. They don’t carry weapons and feel NOTHING (no emotions and to them feeling nothing is like always being inside Ice cold water). They were once at war against the human race for a power full energy humans have in there bodies (AKA the “human soul”) But found out that humans had potential and found out a NEWWER energy source that is about five times more powerful than a human soul that is still kept secret today. They don’t have Eyes yet they can still sense everything by their energy. No mouth so they kind of talk telepathically yet every one can hear them so it is like they talk without talking. Strangely they bleed silver colored blood. They feed off of energy to stay alive. They have 2 extra limbs for stabbing. They can live as long as they get to feed off of energy. Less energy they have the less lifespan they have, they could live forever if they have enough energy but it depends. They could live from 2 weeks to unlimited. If they don’t feed once every week there life energy goes away and could instantly die (kind of like how a battery works less energy they have the more chances there are for it to die on you). Their home planet is literately about -280° So they live very well in the cold without freezing for some reason. They don’t breath at all so they could do actually go into space without as much problems. The Valadorrums don’t really walk a lot but are more used to levitating and minor flight. The only way for humans to tell male from female is the color of the crystals on their bodies. The Valadorrums are also show only 15% of its real body outside of the Crystal armor. Their real body is strange and nothing understands the whole complications of it however the crystal armor is mildly hollow so that the body could fit or hide in it (will explain a lot by the picture I am still making). They also don’t really react to insults however if someone is to do minor attacks( the punch on shoulder, small push and also if someone threw a small stone) against this race they take it as full threat and attack with Deadly force. The other races keeps a close eye on them to make sure no one does any small actions against this race and to make sure the Valadorrums don’t kill any one for taking small actions. This race literately proves the difference between LIVING and SURVIVING.

Appearance: I will draw it out for you as best as I can but here is all I can say right now About 7,8
( feet to tip of head. Not counting the extra arm length) and the crystals on the body are blue.

Weapons: They stab their target and they shoot crystals (both weapons has a shock effect.) Nothing more nothing less.

Weaknesses: They are VERY weak on their skin areas (like the chest) so shooting them there is their weak spot. They hate fire for some reason (enough to say they are afraid of fire). Lack of energy will kill them and they are blind when they don’t see any energy around them. Plasma has no effect on them but strangely the normal bullet does (only on the chest area) and fire elemental like guns scares them off for some unknown reason(does not matter where someone shoots with fire elemental guns it harms them horribly) . Any overly warm (like deserts) areas will either kill them or keep them away yet minorly warm (like forests or plains) they can stand. Poison/acid elements harm Valadorrums so badly that it will literately kill them before the poison/acid takes effect. Normal steel bullets will actually shatter them when shot at on the chest.

Abilities: Intelligent, very fast when both running and flying, Crystal part of body is unbreakable and VERY sharp, can feel energy around them so they could sense everything however less energy around them the more blind they are. They can actually live in the coldest of places. Douse not breath at all so they are safe when going out into space and they can handle the pressure of space and underwater seas. Plasma immunity, shock immunity, frost immunity levitate and flight.

Description: Cyriscel is very strange to most humans and the humans HATED having him on board as a crew member because the lack of emotions and the crystal statue like look he has. Humans mainly made fun of him by asking questions like “how does it feel being nothing more than a statue”. However He proved himself quite useful to the crew many times by fixing up the outside of the ship and his grate combat strategies against the enemy when on a ship called F.A.C.B.A.C. 52. He was once offered the title of ship commander but refused for some strange reason. Once his old crew knew the title he was offered they tried to kill him on the ship he once called home. They horribly failed in doing so because he killed them all by literately out smarting them. He is now assigned with a new crew and accepted because the logic was reasonable. However he thinks that he might be accepted better with the new crew. Seeing he has no feelings or emotion his voice is always in one tone. CALM, if he had eyes they would be emotionless and lifeless. He prefers it when the weather is at least 55° only.

Position: Tactical
Combat type: N/A (kind of midrange mixed with natural melee)(sorry but he is a small mix between the two)

Is this acceptable?? As you can see he is fairly strong and weak. And after testing I will draw him out for you guys so you all could understand what he looks like

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:35 pm 

A few things, I haven’t mentioned it but the uniform we will all be wearing is an armor that slides into a small pocket dimension, it can armor the wearer from head to toe so they could go into space and slide away to leave the wearer completely naked (walk through a metal detector and nothing happens), any weapons or functions are built into the armor. I want any weapon to be energy based I don’t want bullet weapons. The reason for that is we won’t be able to resupply, the armor runs off a mini-fusion reactor and can “power” the suit as well as providing ammunition for the weapons. I have A LOT of detail about the suits and I’ll go into detail later. Also keep in mind there will be NPCs on the ship performing menial tasks.

@Drakes:
I would prefer a more humanoid style, 2 arms 2 legs with eyes and able to live in room temperature. But the major thing that makes me say no is lack of emotions; I want this crew to develop a “brotherhood” feel about it and for that all must be able to feel. Also bear in mind NO PVP your old crew must have been messed with for them to attack you. You attack another player and gods hand comes from the dark and smites you. Tweek ur Char and i'm sure it'll be fine.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:06 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Ok I will point a few things out that will make it easier to understand this char type better.

1) I thought I added eyes?? Red glowing eyes that could see only the energy of all living and moving things around him.

2) I said he can live in room temperature but can’t go out into an 80° or more planet or room without dyeing.

3) The old crew attacking him was because they knew he had a choice to become their leader and they hated him for his Race. That is why they tried to kill him.

4) I chose the lack of emotions because it makes him not feel anything when people call him names and stuff. Making it harder for people to make him hate and dislike however he does care for his crew even though he has no emotions. (in other words MUCH easier for him to have the “bond” you wanted without emotions than with ones.)

5) LAST BUT NOT LEAST! Can I keep the two extra arms seeing that he can’t use any guns and stuff? They are his range combat and look really cool on him.(you got to see the drawing when I am done with it ;) )

I am kinda trying to keep my char into the creative, If there are STILL any problems then I will Pm you and we will find out some reasonable compromise so that I can make a char that fits in better ;)

Also you might need to read ALL the detail about him to understand him completely ;)

I am just explaining why I made my char the way I did :)

Last edited by Drakel on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:05 pm 

check ur PM

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:07 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Terreneus, I'll detail my character to you over pm, aim, or other means before psoting her here. I'm sure you understand.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:48 pm 

suer thing, no worrys? are you using harley? i remember her she was fun to mess with.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:50 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

?? O_O you two know each other?? OMG! Terreneus You’re new to this site and yet you two know each other??? Ciarda you should really tell these things to people who don't know. DANG IT! NOW THERE IS GOING TO BE AN AWKWARD SILENCE! :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:22 pm 

I went to high school with her like 6 years ago or something its been awhile, she brought me to the site.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:25 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

O_O (AWKWARD SILENCE) O_O

ERRRRR.....

O_O

OHHHH... KAY

That's cool.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:02 pm 

BTW were more like 27,000 years in the future, so far in fact it is uncertain which world humans originated. The entire galaxy has been colonized eons ago, though a few attempts were made we never scouted beyond our own galaxy.

The armor that all will be using is very advance and has several dozen features. It is a general galactic uniform for the military though each region customizes it in there own way; each soldier has their own custom preferences. The armor has 3 control functions, conscious, sub-conscious and un-conscious. It is 100% mentally controlled even down to aiming assist and firing controls. The armor slides out of a pocket dimension on the wearer, a single silicon chip is implanted in the wearer at the base of the skull this controls the entire suit. The armor is very resilient and can take prolong direct fire. It encases the wearer completely giving a pressurized seal but can slide away to seem to no longer exist. It has various HUD functions as well as interface options, such as a cable to interact with electronic equipment. Some variations have a passive stealth system coloring the armor to surroundings behind, some even regulate external armor temp to room temperature as too fool temp sensors. The armor increases normal body speed and strength and nearly all suits are designed with a jump jet pack for easier movement in space as well as making distance travel on ground easier. The suit can take the anti-pressure of space and a depth of nearly 3 miles underwater with no strain. A 10 hour air supply and a 16 gallon water tank are available in the suit to aid survivability as well as a water reclamation system for recycling waste as an emergency resort. The armor can exist in many states from only a small piece to half the body, full body or none, at the wearers will. Armoring, firing a weapon are examples of conscious functions, temperature regulation is an example of sub-conscious (like breathing, can be controlled or left alone), Power regulation within the suit would be an example of un-conscious. All armors have storage compartments that are removed, set on the ground and they expand. The can hold quite a lot. ORGANIC MATERIAL OF ANY TYPE CANNOT BE SHIFT WITH THE ARMOR, this kills infectious material as well as preventing smuggling of people. So don’t try to hide a pet in a tub :D

I’ll post my Char, his background and his armor to give a good example:
Name: Captain Edward N. Armstrong
Race: Human
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 230 Lbs
Background: Captain Armstrong comes from the Arcum Expanse, a large cluster of stars known for creating a field of electrostatic that interfere with normal sensors, because of this it’s a favored place for space pirates and smugglers. For the past twenty years the captain has been hunting them in an attempt to clean up his local space. He is a hard man built like a mountain with a glare that would make a meteorite run away. Gruff and arrogant he knows how to get the job done, most hate his attitude but with time under his command they eventually grow to respect and understand him, a sense of loyalty emerges. The Captain has a way of pushing people to become truly greater then they are bringing out the best in them and pushing them to be better. Nobody really knows what the N in the captains name is, many theorize but none dare to ask. He was offered the promotion to admiral several times and refused every time preferring to stay in the field. He has a streak of white in his short cropped hair despite his age. His Body, a tight knot of muscle, looks even more intimidating in his dark armor. He keeps his armor casual wearing it as a vest, boots and gauntlets with trousers and a simple shirt underneath. When fully armored though the dark platinum armor is a force to be reckoned with. It has an extended version of the jump pack that has short stubby wings giving temporary flight in atmosphere and increased maneuverability in water and space. On his left hand he has a shield and on his right a welding torch that can become a flame thrower. 2 grappling hooks 1 mounted on his right wrist the other on the back of his right elbow each have 600’ of line; this is often used to zip line from one place to another. On both arms he has a plasma cannon, static pulse emitter and a force beam, each can be charged to a level increasing their destructive potential by a magnitude of four. When the static pulse is struck by the force blast it detonates 3x stronger than normal and the emp discharge range is doubled. On his shoulders he has two mini-plasma gatling cannons firing ½ a standard round at a rate of 15 per second, at full speed, from each of the two ports on the weapons. His armor is capable of a light temporary stealth and he has a blade about 2 feet long that can extend from his right forearm. He likes to be called Captain or Sir, nothing else.

I'll post about the ship next.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 pm 

Um Drakes she did say that he was a friend and she brought him in

this was all in the LR ooc

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:23 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

oh, lol must have forgot or not read that part lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:36 pm 
Master Old Dragon

And if that's not weird enough, Ex and I live up the road from each other. MWAHAHA!!! Actually, we're, pretty close xD

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:10 am 

Figured cause he got you to come back

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:54 pm 

Its set 27,000 years in the future, but the technology race stopped roughly 3000 years from today and lowly crept forward. Its taken centuries sometimes millennia for major advancements to come about and sweep across the known habited worlds.

Nearly every single earth like planet has been inhabited and several million others that are not.

EDIT: though it might appear as if we are starting in an OP type setup i'm telling ya were just where we need to be. i will buff and nerf as as needed to keep us on track with the story. I want the focus to be on character development not on gear or flashy powers and so i decided to give us all the tools needed to get the job done, its just a matter of figuring out how to use them correctly to acomplish the mission.

Offline Profile