Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:00 am

Post subject: Labrynth of Al'Hatai (remake)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:29 am 
The Broken One

The province of Al'Hatai had a slightly sadistic way of dealing justice. Years ago a king commissioned a giant labrynth be built. It stretched leagues in lenght, buried deep beneath the earth. It took over fifty years to complete and was immidiately put to use. It was believed that the horrors and torment within would change a person so drastically they would become meek. If they made it out the other end, that is.
Traps, beasts, and enchantments plague every hall and corridor. Some have light, some don't. Some places make you feel drowsy, others take away your ability to use magic or even think. Beasts that have been forgotten prowl the darkness starving for fresh meat.
However, they never found if this custom built dungeon fullfilled its purpose. Not one person had ever made it out the other side
Can you?

Okay, I'm restarting this rp. I know I've already got one going but it was so long ago that I just need to revamp and redo. Same principle, survive and solve the puzzles. I'll be controlling the monsters and the labrynth as well as my own character. Its imperative that you follow rping etiquette seeing as I have to plan the puzzles, paths, monsters, etc in advance. I also have a special system for fights. Don't worry, you won't have to do much other than what you'd usually do.
I just ask that if the monster or labrynth does something to you, don't just ignore it or throw in a dodge that didn't happen. You get hit, you take it.

NO GODLIKE CHARACTERS!! I don't want overly powerful characters that will make passing this thing a breeze. Its supposed to be hard. However any specie is accepted. Even dragons. Just no demi gods or powerful demons. I'll ask you to change your profile if i think your character is too strong.

NOTE!!! YOU HAVE NO WEAPONS TO START WITH!!!! YOU HAVE TO FIND THEM ALONG THE WAY!!!! You complete a puzzle or defeat a monster, you will be allowed to 'find' an item. Sometimes its a weapon, sometimes its something important to your escape, and sometimes its junk.

name:
specie: (remember, no demi gods or powerful demons! use sense!)
crime: (you're in here for a reason. anything goes except beyond reality things like murdering the king and crap)
appearance:
history: (only if you'd like. not required. just makes it easier for people to play off your character)
personality:
abilities: (NOTE!!! you can have ONE major magic ability! ONE! up to TWO minor magic abilities. so i.e. you can be able to create fire walls while having small healing and small air manipulation.)
extra: (anything else you think we should know about your character)

Ready, set, and go

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Labrynth of Al'Hatai (remake)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:01 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
just making sure the natural abilities of a race are given along with everything else right?
name: Alondor
species:drow elf
crime: attempted murder of the king
appearance: 7 foot tall, sleek blonde hair, hazel eyes, dark skin
history: was born in the caves of the drow, grew up amd joined the military where he was an assassin. on his most recent job he got caught because of his rival shoving him off a balcony.
personality: has a hard time trusting but then he will trust you forever.
abilities: Main:light (paradox :lol: )
minor:fire and water control
Natural abilities: moving silently and seeing in the dark

Last edited by alondor on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:08 am 
The Broken One

Name: Kailik "Wolf" Le'Eshra
Specie: Wolf Mage (aka, werewolf)
Crime: Theivery, assult, and murder
Appearance: 5' 8" and very lean. Several scars, including heavy scarring over his face and eyes. Tribal wolf tattoo on his back. Sickly blue eyes and pupils (the kind of eyes you get from being blind). Black hair with bangs that straggle over his eyes. Black clothes and black jacket, very tattered and torn looking. General ragged appearance.
History: Ever since he could remember, he had lived on the street. Unable to remember his real name, he'd been given the name Rodent by the other street children. Spending his nights curled up and alone, terrified of the other gangs that stalked the streets. At 6, an innkeeper took pity on him and took him in, teaching him to fight and he soon dominated the streets with his own gang and soon had his street name changed to Wolf. At 13 he took up the job of an assassin at the prompting of the innkeeper, Roxton. He eventually learned that Roxton took him in because he'd recognized him as his former assassin's boy and told him his name was Kailik Le'Eshra. Refusing this new identity, he kept his street name and went into being an assassin on his own.
At 19 he was recruited in the Order. An underground society of humans turned creature called Mages or werewolves. Attracted to the idea of power and using magic, he joined without hesitation. In their service he was taken by a mob of villagers opposed to the Order. They took his eyes and nailed his hands together to keep him from escaping, and for good measure they sewed his mouth shut to keep him from using magic. Rescue came before they could hang him but he lamented the loss of his sight, furious and wanting revenge. Willing to do anything to restore his sight, he voluteered for a magical and surgical procedure. Through many days of painful experimenation, his sight was restored though not as good as before.
Personality: Cocky with a tendancy for annoying smugness. Wolf is very sure of himself and his abilities towards any aspect. Also has a tendancy to be a bit of a grump and dig in his heels when he feels being put to unfairly. He has quite the head for mechanical workings and loves figuring out how things work. However he is a fast friend if you can earn his respect. Unafraid of death, having come close to it enough times to be comfortable with it, and equally unafraid of pain, Wolf is a strong ally and a dangerous foe.
Abilities: Extremely skilled with daggers but unable to successfully weild anything else. He is good at being silent and unnoticed. Also very good at hand to hand combat. However his magical abilities are shoddy at best. His strongest ability is being able to turn into a wolf. His other abilities are inbueing his blades with blue fire(fire which only burns flesh) for a short time and being resistant to poisons.
Extra: He has an annoying habit of keeping his mouth shut when he knows something

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:10 am 
The Broken One

If your race has natural abilities, please list them. Because, who knows, your view of natural abilities for your character may be different from anothers. And I still need to make sure that your character isn't too powerful

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:45 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

this allowed?

This is a perfect one for my Evil char FRAWN YES I made him weaker.

name: FRAWN

specie: Cursed vampire (not bitten but he got turned into one)

crime: murder of 87 children, 45 woman, 31 men, 243 guards inside the Kingdome(unknown amount of others outside of it) Each was brutally killed and each was eaten ALIVE!

appearance: Blood stained black and his magic bag (kind of like Azrivel’s but it holds only the trillions of skulls of the ppl he killed.) he has black hair and is extremely pale. His eyes are three ways (natural ability) red, dark red, black. (kind of like Azrivel’s eyes except he has night vision and can see the blood veins of those around him {when blind he could still see the blood veins of those around him.} )

history: Frawn is an assassin that knows black magic better than anything. His main goal is to now kill Azrivel but he also likes to kill all in his way. He killed his family (his parents and their grand kids suffered)
personality: Sick, twisted, completely Evil, manipulative

MAJOR ability: BLACK MAGIC

Minor abilities: blink (AKA teliport but only about 10-20 feet at a time. must pass 2 sec before blinking again), vision casting (kind of like makes others see a vision from their past that they regret. He douse not know the vision but It is something the others will see and regret or feel sorry or such)

natural abilities: Night vision, blood vision, guardians eyes (that is what Azrivel’s and Frawn's eyes are like), never alone (thx to his arm), following spirits (they are to help warn everyone on how to get away from Frawn.)

WEAKNESSES: light, holly magic of any kind, any holly signs ( whatever as long as it represents a HOLLY god), stabbed in the heart by wood, silver weakens him, can't swim.

extra: BE WARNED: don’t trust him and don’t look for him Do not find him for he will try and kill you. His arm speaks to him so he is never alone. He puts REAL skulls on strings and hangs them up so others both have fear and can look for him. Best way to know where he is, is to look for the skulls on strings. When inside a building he plays a game that can never be won. Mind torture is a skill he finds most amusing. He is sometimes followed by the spirits of children that he killed. They sing and show you ways to keep away from Frawn so follow the kids or your fate will be the same. To keep Frawn from killing everyone too fast the king put magic bracers that can't be taken off until Frawn passes the labyrinth. These bracers take away almost all of Frawn’s magic other than his black magic and reduces most of his stats to a human like level. He is not interested in getting out until every one is dead.

Also: I am not going to kill your chars but I will make it harder on them. I might pop out and spook them a bit though. Muhahaha…

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Last edited by Drakel on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:55 am 
The Broken One

Define BLACK MAGIC

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:00 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

just the simple stuff. Nothing major.

Takes lifeforce from Frawn to cast spells instead of manna, black tentacles made of hate and evil that grabs and throws ppl. Black balls of fear and destruction. Control of ones shadow to suck ppl into it for only 5 sec just to add more fear into them.

pretty much the stuff we already know.

Last edited by Drakel on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:02 am 
The Broken One

Okay, fair enough
Does he have a weakness? Something that can be used to get free of him?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:05 am 
Solitary Serpent

I'm sticking with Klofka.

name: Klofka
species: Centaur
crime: Prisoner of war. She was part of the Resistance, fighting to overthrow the king.
appearance: Her horse half is a dappled gray, and stocky like the body of a clydesdale. Her human half is lightly tanned with deep blue eyes and white hair. She wears a faded green top that covers only her chest (think tube top). A light blue tribal tattoo covers the upper half of her left arm.
history: Usually very peaceful, Klofka joined the Resistance when she was young, when the king's army was ordered to tear down the forest in order to build the labryinth. Ever since, she has fought to bring down the man who destroyed her home and killed many of her kind (mostly ones in the Resistance).
personality: Klofka is usually very peaceful. Her moves are calculated and precise. Her temper is rarely seen.
abilities: Knows a few healing spells.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:08 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

yes I edited my one post that explains every thing. he is more of an enemy (something else to add on the list to run and hide away from.)

BE warned though some of my posts WILL be extremely tense like a horror book and would be VERY graphic. kids younger than at least 7 years old should not be reading them because of risk of night terrors. Frawn is a very evil killer and should not be taken likely. that is why I don't use him much because of what he douse. FEAR is his best weapon and fear is what he will do.

he is the type to torment others to look for him. I will warn you to use your heads.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:17 am 
Solitary Serpent

No offense, but I thought the point of the rp was to have our characters work together to get out of the labryinth. Not to torture each other to death. I also thought that it was the mod's job to create the antagonist(s) of the story.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:23 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I am not god modding or anything. It isn't like my char is going to actually kill yours. He will just put everyone down a whole lot. Other than that everyone should still be doing fine :)

Though my posts will still be gruesomely graphic. Also I said I will be adding his usual spirits of the children who died from him to keep you all away from him.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:25 am 
The Broken One

Well, if he wants an antagonist then he'll just have to work with me. The point is to get through. If you want to do it on your lonesome... so be it I guess. He'll still get puzzles and attaked by the monsters and enchantments so its not like he gets to run rampant. If anything, he'll have a harder time than the rest of you. And anything he does to the main group or any single character has to be run by me first

As for being gruesomely graphic, I doubt there's much you can write that will phase us. Your current use of descriptions and wording don't exactly back up your claims of 'night terrors'.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:33 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I know I just like saying that :mrgreen:

Yes I know it will be harder for me. seeing that not only do I have to do the whole tournament by myself but I will also be hated and hunted by your guises chars. (possibly some time in the middle)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:39 am 
The Broken One

Just let it be known that characters CAN DIE in this rp.

1) If they insist on not following the rules and messing up the rp for others
2) If they really really really screw up certain puzzles
3) If they aren't rescued when stuck by a creature or enchantment

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
K i'll make a character just i'll post him later on today But i will tell you his race so you are able to get a basic idea of him

His race is spellscale sorcerer and just to give you a general idea of the race just know that they are randomness incarnated in a draconic humanoid

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:06 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

yahhh.... I suppose I could just )_) not join after all lol. (atleast untill I find a good char to play.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:56 pm 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Ok Here is my Character

name: Helis Jthar

specie: Spellscale

crime: Attacked a high noble

appearance:no skin, but has bright red scales of varying hues and patterns of red with delicate humanoid features (So looks like a human just with red scales instead of skin) About 4'8" Bright Red hair With eyes the color of emeralds

personality: Ok this is kind of hard to explain but as i said this race is randomness incarnate think of ADD on steroids Side effects may include but are not limited to QUICK mood swings bouts of curiosity followed by boredom random changes of alignment(good to evil all in the span of a day and then back again)

history: Ok you had to know his personality before you knew the history of how he got thrown in the dungeon
He was a model citizen and then... got bored with it so he decided to become a bad one so he ambushed a noble and got put in the dungeon spent a few days enjoying prison life and then... got bored so he decided he would break out

abilities:Okay he is a sorcerer so for my major magic ability it will be the manipulation of fire i.e. he can make things combust, make walls of fire, throw fireballs, send bolts of fire to strike at enemy etc
and for his 2 minor ones they will be minor healing and minor illusions

extra: He is brilliant and as i said this guy is supposed to be random but i will make sure he stays between really good and mischievous for the rps sake besides spellscales normally don't change their alignment very often usually happens after a few years or so

So... can i join

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:22 am 
The Broken One

Alondor, Klofka, and Helis are all accepted

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:53 am 

Sweet :)

Edited after viewing other Characters

WOW that is a tall drow elf i normally think of them being 5'5" or so

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:47 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Yeah you have to figure out what his minor species is because no drow is that tall, or blonde

natural abilities has been added and my magic modified

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:53 pm 

Oh they can be blonde although it is almost a white but still it is a type of blond

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:36 am 
The Broken One

Alrighty. Great, I will be starting the rp on Monday. This is an open rp so anyone can join whenever. Doesn't matter if we've been going for a while or not. People are always being dropped into the labrynth so no biggie if they come late.
Just make sure there's a character sheet posted for me to approve the character first!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:22 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I have been doing some thinking and, If I am to join could I play as Frawn but more of a team player (seeing almost everyone here is playing some one evil, Frawn might.... Like their company better.)? However the left arm thing would be a problem seeing it counts as a major weapon. So what I was thinking was that Frawn died (and got resurrected) so the king could take and hide Frawn’s ring somewhere inside the labyrinth.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:13 am 

I'll have you know Drakes that my character isn't necessarily evil he is just completely random and might be in good mood at one time and a sinister mood another

Offline Profile