Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Secrets of the Lost Core
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:53 pm 
Matrix Operator

DragonRider wrote:
The Killing fields... is a cataclysm in the fabric of reality allowed to have created it?

Why can't you ever come up with a simple explanation? :P

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:31 pm 
Cererean Princess

It's just a comment Ciarda made about my character fitting in the Killing fields... and as you know, my character works on places that have been wrecked by magic, trying to seal it up before the world unravels.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:10 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Maybe it is just that you wandered into the Killing Fields searching for this cataclysm you speak of because it is nearby

OR perhaps he is just taking a vacation

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:22 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Um... about that... O.O What kind of cataclysm did you have in mind??

LOL

And I thought you were toning Cresent down a bit except for being a shapeshifter? lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:14 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I kind of know this is none of my business but here is a simple idea that would seem a bit reasonable.

What if the Killing Fields mysteriously drains major amounts of manna from ppl? Making it to where no one could use major spells but minor ones instead?

Seeing that Cresent is to stop things like that he would most likely be there to see what is up with the Killing Fields and be toned down WITH a very good reason.

Just spit balling some ideas on this one ;)

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:45 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Hm... could work...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:00 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

thank you Ciarda

This could also work on the whole planet if you chose but I think it would work perfectly in the killing fields. Seeing it was said to be a desert waste land it would make sense because it would keep ANY skilled mages from creating water when needed. ;)

The only prob I see that will happen either way in this is that your char will be affected in the same way as everyone else but seeing your char and Ire’s char are from this planet than that would mean they are possibly already used to it already.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:43 pm 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Ok heres an idea How about that the Lost Righteous whatever it is somehow draws energy into itself but the people on Tieresca don't notice the drain because to them it is like background radiation or gravity it just is there and if everything was drained the drain would be very minimal on any single person

That would explain why Crescent would be there... maybe

But still that leaves the question on how to tone down Crescent

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:46 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

ok here is where I was going at.

imagine the whole planet (or just the killing fields) drains a huge amount of manna from everyone on it making it harder for every one to cast major spells (the extremely powerful spells like lava rain and stuff like that). However the planet still allows people to have enoguh manna to use the minor spells making it to where Cresent is tone down a lot more and making every one evenly powerful.

your char and Ciarda's char will most likely be used to it for they live on the planet.

to me this idea would be perfect because it answers three of the main problems that have been asked so far.

1) How to tone every one's char down enough to prevent them from being too powerful with magic?
Answer: the planet drains their manna so that they can only cast minor spells and

2) Why would Cresent be there?
Answer: Cresent MIGHT be there to see what is up with the manna drain, for not many planets normally don’t drain peoples’ manna.

3) Will the people who have lived on the planet a long time notice it?
Answer: No for they would be used to it and they would not notice it as much as people from other planets or realms or whet ever your char came from.

The reason I gave this idea was because it fits with the RP very well and gives a reason why every one’s char HAS to be weaker in magic. It also gives a reason to Cresent and if it is planetary it would mean that Ire’s char and Ciarda's char would not notice it at all seeing they live on the planet. That is why I think it would fit in the story line perfectly :mrgreen:

but again this was just an idea so I have no real say in it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:33 pm 
Master Old Dragon

I'll consider it all and get back to all of you. This could prove to be an interesting prospect. In all honesty, I was considering something along these lines, based on what the LR is (and no I'm not telling you all! LOL)

Anyway. I do like the idea of the artifact drawing power unto itself. The idea I had was that the Archai, in connection with this thing, designed it to draw energy of any tangible form unto itself- kind of a way of powering it, so to speak. Even with them gone, it still functions in this manner, and while no one really notices it that much unless they try to use a kickin' spell, it is still there and still noted by the people of the planet. Hence why tech. and magic exist side by side and why so much of the magic of the remaining races is almost completely based in spirit and the surrounding elements, not in some mysterious plane or whatnot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:50 am 

Exactly what i was thinking Ciarda

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:37 pm 
Cererean Princess

Hmmm. That would kind of strand Cresent there, since he can't get out of the place due to the energy drain... it would also make shapeshifting very tiring. Does this effect work the whole way from the Killing Fields to the Lost Righteous?

BTW, when I said I'd tone it down, that *was* my toned down character... :wink:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:08 pm 

From what i understand the drain is continent or even planet wide

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:01 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

I kinda agree on IRE on this one.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:01 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Hey guys,

I'm posting this evening to move the story along, k? I've talked to Ex about how we can do it while waiting for him to get better. Also, does anyone have any ideas for those places I mentioned?? I really do want your input.

Thanks!
-Ciarda

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:44 pm 

Ok there isn't much chance for me to insert more about these presently with my character as he needs some prompting but that doesn't mean i can't postulate(isn't this a fun word) here

Ok how about the Dairine first I believe it is called the Dreamer's Wood because of tales that tell of wanderers who go searching it's mystic avenues and get tired for an inexplicable reason and just tumble asleep mid-step and only awake from the scent of a special tincture that is so strong it could almost awake the dead but few ever make it out for the predators prowl the woods looking for that easy prey and the predators become ever more fierce as you advance into the forest so much so that they won't wait for you to succumb to the forests sedative effect

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:53 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

WELL )_) I have a few creative Ideas that could actually make your RP extremely interesting. I think you might like them seeing that creativity is what you wanted. YES I am going to make them sound advertising >:D

Crystal Plains (2)
1) Ok this one is my fave Idea) The crystal ground douse not look like much but ALL the crystals are actually alive. Kind of like trees the crystals on the ground have roots that show. When someone steps on these roots the crystals grow taller to stab those who dare step on the roots. However when the crystals are tall they are vulnerable and hollow because inside of them is a healing liquid that will heal any wound someone has. It is pretty much like” you want to be healed? WORK FOR IT!” situation.

2) The ground is made of nothing but crystal and there are caves that are said to have healing powers and gives you perfect rest. To me nothing is better than resting on a nice big ROCK!

Namith Wetlands (3)

1) PERFECT spot for some necromancers. Maybe wile everyone is fighting for their lives the necromancers would show you there “experiments”! oh wait, YOU ARE THERE EXPERIMENTS!

2) Good spot for trees to walks and eat the living. Hmm… maybe you guys could have some fire wood while fighting for your lives against the walking trees.

3) Wile the hero’s scream for mercy the monsters play.

Lake Eldorn (2)
1) Sometimes a crazy water mage just needs to die. The water mage must be corrupted by the living water he tried to control and now look at what happened.

2) Sea monsters are said to have lived there once. What ability would a sea monster have if a sea monster had magic powers? Could it be reasoned with? Or should everyone just kill it? The choice is yours!

The Dairine (2 [FDI kind of took one of my idea’s lol])
1) Demons or spirits are said to be here. Dreams is just another way to kill someone. Nighty, Night!

2) Flowers can do a hell of a lot more than be pretty. THEY CAN EAT YOUR SOUL! Killing you while you sleep. How long can you stay awake when you can’t get out?

The Pilgrim's Road (1)
1) It is just a safe rode. Many travelers, thieves and bandits. Nothing is safer than a rode that everyone knows of.

The Killing Fields (N/A)
N/A) I got nothing right now.

SOOO…. What do you think?? I tried to make them sound both interesting AND there is room so everyone could add some of their idea’s as well :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:25 pm 

Nice :D
I'm kind of in a sort of mental slum at the moment so i couldn't think of much but give me time to think about it and i can refine some of these ideas and maybe add some of my own

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 pm 
Cererean Princess

The Killing Fields - the site of a great cataclysm that ripped open a hole in reality, befoore being sealed off by Cresents' precursor. Unfortunately, the seal isn't total, and allows magic to leak away faster than it can be replaced.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:49 pm 
Master Old Dragon

An excellent idea if ever I heard one. And one of the first ideas to be put forth period. Excellent. ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 pm 

Lake Eldorn: Used to be a place of peaceful solitude but that all changed the day that the Archai came to their downfall for the Archai who tended the lake became crazed with sorrow and shrouded it within mist that brought the spirits of the dead back to life but instead of just the gentle spirits he intended being lured to the place it also became a lure for spirits and wraiths of evil weal

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:24 pm 
Solitary Serpent

I just thought that I would let you know that my internet is down, so the only time I'll be able to post is when I get a chance to go down to the library. I'm going to try my best to keep up, but if I don't post for a while, at least you know why.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:27 pm 

sorry to hear that hope you get it back soon

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Indeed. If you need me to create a distraction or some such thing for Cora do let me know, ok? In the meantime, best of luck and we hope to see you regularly again soon =)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:01 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

what did you think of some of my idea's Ciarda? I know most of them are not really detailed but that is where the fun of people messing around with details come in :D

(about Ersska leaving)
AWWW..... it was fun reading your posts.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next