Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Secrets of the Lost Core
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:34 pm 
Matrix Operator

Hear, hear.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:41 pm 
Legend of Old

Well said. And there is no squall. I took care of it hooah.

Ciarda will say a few words in a bit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:47 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

OK ersska. I know my wrongs thx to Ciarda telling me and ex talking. I guess I was mad for only two reasons. One EX made his char god mod mine so I could not react (now I feel how Pandora felt) and the main reason would have been that Ex cursed me our wile I never cursed at him. Was about to and might have. I regret some of the things I have done and said. I don’t want to fight any more for it seems to only put me down more. I am losing my spirit that I once had from this site yet learned a lot more.

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:58 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Ok People lets just drop the subject

Period no more ranting on what "really" went on

I
DON'T
CARE
WHO
DID
WHAT

And i doubt anyone else wants the mood of the rp to be ruined by a squabble So NO MORE TALKING ABOUT IT

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:11 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

actualy me and Ex are talking to eachother right now so we don't fight any more (or as much) so yah that was what I was trying to say. we talk and get to know eachother better so that we could come up with ways on how to keep away from fighting with eachother.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:14 am 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
K just no more of it

Now can we get back to playing

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:22 am 
Master Old Dragon

No more indeed. I have been gone for ONE DAY and come back to find my thread hijacked, which I will not allow. The matter is taken care of, and let the results be an example.

I will not tolerate in-fighting within the course of this story, nor any story that I head or am a part of. I expect more of all of you. I allowed you all to join because I saw the potential and the spark that each and every one of you has. I intend to treat this a collaborative work, a short story if you will. I think all of you have the potential to make this an awesome story, but I will not allow god-modding, nor will I allow my thread to be hijacked.

As for DM, Azrivel will be left on the floor for the time being, until he either writes his character out, or until I do so in the morning. In the meantime, until I post again, give me a little time to think about how to get things back where they need to be. I'll post first chance I get in the morning.

I'm really sorry to have to come down like this, but I just... *sigh* I come back after ONE day of being gone at work and find the plot that I spent a good amount of time perfecting sabotaged. I'm really sorry guys, to be punishing you all for something that was, in reality, not your fault. I just need time to sort through the myriad of posts and sort it all out to get us back on track and back to enjoying something that I hope you all are as passionate about as me. This is supposed to be fun, and I intend to make it so again.

The drama is at an end.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:59 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Azrivel is gone and all you need to do is continue with your plan. Though I did add a lil something for everyone as an apology. My mistakes are my own. No one else’s so there is no need for any extra reason to call them out on it or anything. I got Azrivel out the way I would have. Leaving for some strange reason and leaving a small remember me message.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:04 am 
Solitary Serpent

Hold up, DM, I don't think you should leave just yet.

Um, Ciarda, I would like to object to your decision. If I may. . .

I see no reason for you to punish anybody. An altercation accured between two members and has been sorted out by said members. So, no further steps need to be taken. If things are resolved, I see no reason for you to write out DM's character. He's new to the site and doesn't know all of the guidelines. He's learning, and like any student, he'll need to be corrected every now and then. Surely, you could understand that. Being a teacher, you wouldn't kick a student out of your class just because he didn't know the proper procedure for doing a certain (new) math problem, right? You would correct him and give him another chance. I think this should be a warning to DM, and he should be given a second chance.
Also, I don't see how your story's plot ever got disrupted. We are all still in the bar. And the characters are discussing the best ways to go about the expedition. (a discussion which your character started, by the way) Nothing has been taken away from the story. Like I said before, it was just a slight altercation between the members. And that's what an RP is all about. There will be disagreements, whether it be between the characters themselves or simply the heroes and the bad guys. Without some sort of conflict, there is no story. So, there's no need to correct anything, just continue with the story. There's no use getting upset over something that won't even affect the story in the long run.

Please reconsider your decision.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:52 am 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Do you mean like noob to RPs? Because I am not for I am just new to every ones RP style (kind of like a kid that moved to a new school)

But Ersska I did Already make probs and I DID take too much pride on Azrivel. I did only talk about his looks (but that is mainly because I don't know much of bars due to strict parents but I was able to go to only one bar and it was with my dad and mainly someone is passed out somewhere in it lol) so if I did post about the bar I would have ruined it. ok I am getting OFF subject lol. Back into the main subject. I will have to humble my char up (me and Ex are still talking about that) and I did fight with EX's char.

I understand why I am getting kicked but it is only until I fix up my char to fit in better right? After all he was made to fight and not die fighting (sorry but I can't risk someone killing my char for I never killed anyone’s. and will not no matter what happens, even in my own RP's. [I take that kind of stuff extremely hard])

Sorry Ersska but I have to go untill me and Ex are done talking with each other. You have been a kind friend that I will respect better than anyone for never have I seen some one stand up for me. Thx for everything, but again I understand why I must go and I will go if needed. I keep my promises and I promised I will leave if I was said to be any trouble.

Again I will stay gone until me and Ex are done talking and fixing my Azrivel to be a group char instead of a fighting char. Then I will talk to Ciarda and hopefully she will stay with her word with her promise that if I fix up my char and I have proof of this I could possibly come back. my only regret was that I could not fix what I already done.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:24 am 
Solitary Serpent

I did not mean that you were new to RP's. I meant that you were new to our style of RP's. I realize that different sites have different rules. It's simply a whole new set of rules that you must learn to follow.
And I still don't see why you have to leave. Yes, it's great that you're working on your character, but how will you know if it's working or not if you never actively use the character? I say you should stay. You could work the change in gradually. Have it so Azrivel and Law eventually get along (if that is your goal). It doesn't have to be that your character's demeanor changes within two posts. People change over time, why not your character? Argue with me all you want, but I'm sticking with my opinion. How can one learn without participating and getting the experience they need? Plus, if you continue, you would have the benefit of others observing your character and giving you their opinions. No offense against Ex, but listening to just one person's advice is not always the best thing to do. Variety is the key. One person may not be able to catch all the flaws. Or what they think is best may result in just another flaw.
DM, I seriously think you and Ciarda should reconsider your decisions. Just because two characters had a conflict, it doesn't mean it's the end of the RP. If everytime two characters argued someone got kicked out or the RP shut down altogether, then the RP section of this forum would be obsolete. I've never participated in an RP where everyone got along all the time. So, both of you stop acting like the world's going to collapse in on itself, and get on with the RP! It's not even past page two, and it's already in danger of dying! And it's not because of disagreeing characters; it's because of overly critical participants!
I'm rather enjoying this RP and vote to keep it as is with all the same participants (minor changes in characters are fine). Let's keep it going, people! Who's with me?!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:21 am 
Legend of Old

Though your input is insightful and I enjoy hearing your opinions, it goes a little deeper than being over critical.

You are right in saying taking one person's advice is not always best. I also agree that enough is enough, but that has already been said by the creator and author of this thread. The issue is dropped. Ciarda will contact DM if she reconsiders her decision. She will notify us.

Let us continue with the RP.

-Exanderous

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:34 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Well, I never claimed to know all the facts. That's why I stick to stating my opinion on what I do know. And I do believe saying the entire plot of the story is in danger just because someone had a small scuffle is being a little too critical of things.
And yes, I very well aware that the decision is left to the game's creator. That's why I'm appealed to Ciarda herself in the first place, instead of just jumping in and hijacking the whole story. I'm awaiting her reply.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:54 pm 
Legend of Old

When I said all this, she was next to me. I was saying it on her behalf. It was HER reply. She sent a PM message to deal with it and it has been handled. Continuing with the RP.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:07 pm 
Solitary Serpent

That bit of information was not included in your reply. Thank you for clearing that up.

And I always planned to continue with the RP anyway. . .

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:12 pm 
Legend of Old

Your tone is noted as well as unappreciated, thank you.

Hey Ciarda: You are in charge of Law in my absence. Read the thread in the general forum.

Peace everyone! See you Monday.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:37 pm 
Matrix Operator

Peace out, yo.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:26 am 
Master Old Dragon

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in a couple days. Life's kinda throwing me a curveball right now. I'll be back on hopefully tomorrow (Sunday). I'm really looking forward to posting again and getting this going! I ahve an awesome feeling about these characters^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:07 am 
Master Old Dragon

OK! So, this isn't just MY story, its yours too! So, while Malachi is away, I say we let the writers play! I've given you the basics and the names of a series of places. I'll recap them here, but here's your task. While he is away, I'm leaving it up to you all to decide which route to take, east or south. Each will have consequences, etc. This is your chance to add to the geography of Tierisca. I'll give you the bare basics. YOU come up with the details. At this rate, each person could pretty much be responsible for "creating" specific areas of Tierisca. Consider this a fun aspect to our merry "game". You'll introduce your vision of the areas as the discussion about the routes progresses. Incorporate into the conversation between the characters^^

Crystal Plains- Must include something with crystal- literally. Be creative! It's a pretty big plain, open land, grasses, etc. You can include the climate, animals, details of the landscape, plants, whatever.

Namith Wetlands- A boggy swamp, deep water, I'll leave it to you to come up with the rest. Why is it so feared? What kind of dangers lurk in the water? An idea: perhaps play on death as a theme here.

Lake Eldorn- People have been known to go crazy around the lake. Why? Is it the water? is it the misty fog that constantly lies hovering like a wet blanket above it? You tell me? What is the story behind this beautiful, but dangerous stretch of water?

The Dairine (or "Dreamer's Wood")- a quiet, but wild place that once was controlled by the Fahim and the Archai. What will they find there? Is it as dangerous as every says? What protects the Pinnacle from intruders and why has no one ever returned from its depths?

The Pilgrim's Road- A road that leads, supposed straight from the edge of the Killing Fields to the Dairine. What kind of area is it in? Is it still desert, like the Killing Fields? or is it an oasis in the desert, fertile, growing? What will they encounter on this road? Can it be trusted? You tell me.

The Killing Fields- A vast desert, with ground so parched, even cacti find it difficult to survive. The ground is cracked, and hard, not full of sand and dunes, like the Sahara. Sinkholes and quicksand abound. What kind of creatures inhabit this land? In this lawless area, there are bound to be bandits, what is their goal? How do they live? And why do they hunt weary travelers so fiercely? Give me the story of this barren, dead place.

Ok, you have your task, I say we each contribute a bit, and see what you all can do! Please, though, I ask only that you keep it... somewhat reasonable. No godmodded monsters, ok? LOL

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:38 am 

I personally want to go the Crystal plains way as it seems the most unique and the one we could really create really cool conditions for

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:18 am 
Master Old Dragon

btw guys, keep in mind, not all these places have to be crawling with creepy crawlies. If you want to make a place kind of a safe haven or place for them for a while, be my guest! The Crystal plains (areas of them) or the Pilgrim's road would be perfect for that, in retrospect.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:47 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
Wardonis

7'4"-very wide sholdered
powerful warrior but very intelegent.
feircly loyal and friendly but generally naive about a stranger. he attempts to befriend everyone and typicly only sees the good, this bites him in the butt alot.

i'll edit this to a post a more discriptive post later

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:16 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Ok everyone, a general announcement:

The new guy is Terraneus, he'll be joining us for a while, might be coming coming and going. He contacted me and told me about his character and I felt that perhaps he would be an interesting fit into this hardened group.

There are two more new guys that will be coming along as well, one a pretty good deal later, and the other... well, that is the other reason for this post.

I know that Dragonrider was wanting to join our merry party, and so, if he is reading this, I would like the chance to work together to figure out when we can work Cresent in. Specifically, I was thinking towards the edge of the Killing Fields. That area will take up quite a bit of their time on the journey, if for no other reason than the sheer size of t, and I think it would be an ideal place for someone with Cresent's talents and characteristics.

I normally say the more the merrier, looks like I'm being put to a test on that, LOL. But yeah, just thought I'd explain on that one guys, in case there was any confusion. But seriously. this is the last new person for a while XD XD

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:32 pm 

Good to meet you but just saying would you and Ciarda both put an introduction topic up in the Introductions Forum as it makes a more formal way of "Welcome to the Board" just tell us a little bit about you hobbies etc anything you want to share :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:42 am 
Cererean Princess

The Killing fields... is a cataclysm in the fabric of reality allowed to have created it?

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next