Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 am

Post subject: Dungeons & Dragons: The War of the Lycans
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:19 am 
Matrix Operator

For several years, the werewolves and vampires have held an uneasy truce in the forest of Darklore. But something has gone wrong, and the two sides are now threatening active war.
Yesterday, you received the following in the mail:

King Antilla wrote:
You have been summoned before the royal castle in Arran in Three days time concerning recent events in Darklore Forest.

You have just set out from your home for Arran, only a day's journey away. Once you reach the crossroads near the city, you stop briefly in a tavern to get something to eat, and that is where your story begins...

This is not a typical Dungeons & Dragons game, in that there's no dice rolling, stats, etc., just free-style RPing. Pick out a race, class, and starting equipment. You will begin with 200 gold coins.

http://drop.io/jsb0qc6#

The 3.5 version of the basic rulebook is available for download here. You only care about the races, class overviews, and weapons, armor, and general stuff. Ignore stats and so forth. Your character will be about a level 7 in whatever class, so pick accordingly.

Name: Janus
Gender/Race: Male Human
Class: Ranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Weapons: Longbow (40 Arrows), Handaxe
Armor: Studded Leather, Buckler
Possesions: Lamp, 1 pint of oil, Bedroll, Backpack (essential to have one, else you'll be carrying everything in your hands), Waterskin, 3x Belt Pouch, 2x Trail Rations, Flint & Steel, Whetstone
Clothing (first outfit free & auto-equipped): Traveler's Outfit

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons: The War of the Lycans
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:31 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Hello mind if i use a half-dragon character i came up with before and just have never had the opportunity to use
if not i'll just use an elven version of him just would leave out the silver dragon father

Name: Luthvien Kawyn Naïlo
Class: Bard
Weapons: dual wields scimitars and carries throwing knives (4)
Armor: studded leather
Possessions: Backpack, 2 water skins, bedroll, lyre, 100 feet of coiled rope, 2 belt pouches, 2 trail rations, whetstone, flint and steel
Clothing: Traveler's outfit

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:40 am 
Matrix Operator

Sorry, no half-dragons in D&D. Half-elf works.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:58 pm 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
okay i'll be a half elf then with the same description

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:09 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
I would love to join. Since when are there no half-dragons? And since you said no to him what is your opinion of a doppelgangers?

Name: Alondor
Class: Rogue
Weapons: Dual wields knuckle knives and daggers simultaneously
Armor: leather
Possessions: torches, backpack, empty vials (5), canteen of water, lock picking tools
Clothing: a cloak is all you see.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:13 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

The only char I see that is able to fit inside the RP is Bob O_O
But what fit's his insanely religious way best? Paladin or cleric? Bob is like a defender/fighter/healer/overly religious (more of a healer and religious but knows how to use swords).

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:50 pm 

I'm fine with being an elf or half-elf just thought this would interest someone

if your opinion is that there are not any half-dragons in dnd (if it isn't then this is just random draconic lore i thought was neat) then i suggest reading "Bastards and Bloodlines" just to name one book of many that i have read d&d related that mention them i can't quite recall their names but their are also other races such as dragonborn who start out as a normal human etc and answer the call of Bahamut the Platinum Dragon to fight as his paladins to rid the world of all chromatic dragons and then they are born again as dragonoids that have the same general structure as their original race
then their are the spellscale which are the offspring of 2 sorcerer parents(because sorcerer magic comes from draconic heritage) and the offspring is always a draconic humanoid with very curious mannerisms and very eccentric and random in that they will do anything and everything until it bores them and generally that include personality changes as well(one day they are lawful good the next chaotic evil) i believe that is from the book "Races of Dragon" although not positive

i have read extensively on dragons in dnd but just have never played a game (the spellscale seem like a good race to try sometime but not now as i want some experience roleplaying before i go with a character so random)

this is just some of the random dnd draconic lore i know of (one of my favorite are the tales of dragons arrival to Toril and the creation of dragons by destroying one of the 2 moons it had by Io the parent of all dragons in the material plane)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:35 pm 
Matrix Operator

I'm sticking to the basic races from the version 3.5 player's manual: elf, half-elf, human, half-orc, dwarf, halfling, gnome.

@Drakes: Cleric is probably best, as paladins aren't so much religious as servants of light and good.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:43 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Name: Bob
Gender/Race: Male Human
Class: Cleric
Weapons: two swords (one sword can only harm demons and the other can only be used aginst anything that was made by, knows how to use or ever used black magic), and a dagger made of silver ang gold (main weapon yet kinda useless)
Armor: gold bracers, heavy holy silver armor (under the robes if possible)
Possesions: Mainy botles of holy water,15 difrent holy symbols (of bobs god), organized box filled with foods of any kind (Mainly cookies), small bag ( to hold any future items)
Clothing (first outfit free & auto-equipped): Holy priest robe (silver with gold trimming)

Last edited by Drakel on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:07 pm 

ok make luthvien an elf it suits him best

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:02 am 
Matrix Operator

Gotcha. We only need about two more people.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 am 
Cererean Princess

Hmmm. I may join, as a chaotic neutral person, just to be different.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:47 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Alondor is a halfling for the easyness of his job

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:03 am 
Matrix Operator

Tell you what, dragonmaster, for this RP we'll stick to the basics but I'll read up on draconic races for a possible future campaign.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:35 am 

:read: ...
:D ...
:D ...
Sweet!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:03 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

If this is still open I'd like to try my hand. I've wanted to come back for ages but RL kept me away. However, now my Uni apps are out of the way I should be better set to commit a bit more.

Name: Lathienas Miraq
Gender/Race: Male/Halfling
Class: Mage
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Weapons: Iron Cudgel
Armour: None
Clothing: Worn leather boots and a dirty greyish heavy robe.
Possesions: Belt with a gold-plated buckle, various pouches, set of lockpicks (not very good condition), halfling sized rune-engraved staff. Main pouch contains survival equipment, food etc. 7 Blank scrolls in holders tied to rear of belt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:13 pm 
Matrix Operator

Marik!! You're back!

Character looks good.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:36 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

Yeah, its good to be home 8)
Thanks I cant wait to get stuck in.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:12 am 

So just asking when are we starting this one?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:22 pm 
Matrix Operator

Running out of free time to do much of my online stuff... I'm thinking of dropping World of the Dead, as I haven't really got a clear idea of where that's going, anyway. Don't have a clear idea for this, either, but I'm planning it out as we speak. I'd like to take a bit of time while I think to sort through everyone's characters by post date.

I noted that a lot of people chose Chaotic Good for an alignment... keep in mind that you can have other ones. Chaotic Good means that your character feels compelled to fight for good and justice, albeit in an unstructured, loose cannon sort of way. Other alignments that limit you in some way could make for interesting role-play aspects- i.e. a chaotic neutral clashing with a lawful good over group decisions, etc.
Also, the campaign will involve a lot- scouting, travel, formal meetings, blending in, etc. The odder and more exotic your character, the harder it will be in some cases.

@Ire: Dual scimitars sounds good, but the weapon build required plus throwing knives doesn't suggest a Bard. Specifically, dual weapons suggest a more martial class such as fighter, barbarian, or paladin. With a Chaotic Good alignment, the Fighter class would probably work better, unless you had a specific reason for choosing Bard?

@dragonmaster: there are no knuckle knives in the basic D&D- the closest thing I can find is the Punching Dagger, which is an Exotic weapon that you could specialize in. Also, I need to know which weapon is wielded off-hand. As for dopplegangers, I appear to be missing the monster manual, so I don't know much about them other than they are shapeshifters who tend to be rogues. I would prefer simpler races, but go right ahead, just make sure to keep it toned down. Also, a cloak may disguise much, but as DM I really do need to know what he's wearing. Plus, unless you've got got a Grim Reaper-esque outfit, the clothes underneath will be revealed partially in combat, especially if you're using melee.

@Drakes: Both the swords you described would be more plausible in the hands of a really experienced, high-level player. You could have two regular ones that are ensorcelled by a wizard, but such spells would be costly. Also, we most likely won't be seeing demons- if we do, you can use prayer to cast holy spells at them that will be just as effective.
Also, what do you mean by a silver and gold dagger? Like silver blade, gold hilt, or mixed gold and silver alloy (electrum)?

@Marik: Hmmm a halfling with a Cudgel. This could get interesting...

We will be using the Eberron setting, or something similar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eberron
The technology/magic level is Baroque, i.e. 17th century-ish.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:05 pm 

I had a few reasons for choosing a bard, mainly because i created my character to love to sing, and also because i like the magics available to a bard, and i've also done research on bards as well I have maybe 5 pdfs on how to play a bard yes i know that his weapon choice is for a more martial class but bear in mind that he is originally a Half-dragon/Daemon-faye as you should know cause i am using him in Ex's and Draca's RPs so he would be naturally stronger and i like the weapons but for this RP i plan on keeping him shifted in his Elven form

I just added the throwing knives for a ranged weapon but i do not need them

Besides you wanted interesting characters

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:06 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Main weapon (AKA the dagger)
Silver blade gold hilt that is nicely decorated.

About the Two swords.
Ok Imagine this two sword hilts that’s blade only appears when bob is fighting a demon or one who’s heart is evil. Anything else will not be harmed by the blades. If you don’t like that idea than I guess I will stick with the dagger throughout the whole game.
And I agree with Ire on this one. You kind of said you wanted interesting chars. Why not a harm the innocent?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:47 am 
Matrix Operator

By interesting I meant imaginative... not just esoteric weapons.

@Ire: So there is a good reason for having Bard. That's fine, just wanted to make sure you were aware of it. Your char's good.

@Drakes: You did neglect to specify that... The swords then would fall under clerical abilities instead of enchanted weapons, in which case they're perfectly fine. One other thing- you didn't specify which god you're a cleric of. Since we're using Eberron as the setting, you don't have too, I just wondered if you had a particular in mind.
The ability to smite demons and evil suggests either Heironeous (Lawful Good) or St. Cuthbert (Lawful Neutral), mostly the former. If you choose one of them, you'll have to change your alignment to be within one step of theirs; for instance, for Heironeous you could be Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, or Neutral Good.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:24 am 

Yes I had a reason i wasn't just arbitrarily choosing bard although i might choose a samurai some time
Well my character is imaginitive it is just that he will be only an elf here

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Bob believes in all of the god's and has his own set of the gods (is that ok??). However I guess he would be more lawful good than anything.

Offline Profile