Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am

Post subject: Labrynth of Al'Hatai
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:47 am 
The Broken One

the province of al'hatai had a slightly sadistic way of dealing justice. years ago a king commissioned a giant labrynth be built. it stretched leagues in lenght, buried deep beneath the earth. it took over fifty years to complete and was immidiately put to use. it was believed that the horrors and torment within would change a person so drastically they would become meek. if they made it out the other end, that is.
traps, beasts, and enchantments plague every hall and corridor. some have light, some don't. some places make you feel drowsy, others take away your ability to use magic or even think. beasts that have been forgotten prowl the darkness starving for fresh meat.
however, they never found if this custom built dungeon fullfilled its purpose. not one person had ever made it out the other side
can you?

the name of the game is survival. make it to the end. sort of a dungeons and dragons type of deal
on top of my own character, i'll be controlling the monsters and such and let people know if any special trap or spell is placed in an area. i'll try to come up with some puzzles to make it challenging but i don't know how good i am at that. riddles, number games, and the like

NO GODLIKE CHARACTERS!! i don't want overly powerful characters that will make passing this thing a breeze. its supposed to be hard. however any specie is accepted. even dragons. just no demi gods or powerful demons. i'll ask you to change your profile if i think your character is too strong

name:
specie: (remember, no demi gods or powerful demons! use sense!)
crime: (you're in here for a reason. anything goes except beyond reality things like murdering the king and crap)
appearance:
history: (only if you'd like. not required. just makes it easier for people to play off your character)
personality:
abilities: (NOTE!!! you can have ONE major magic ability! ONE! up to TWO minor magic abilities. so i.e. you can be able to create fire walls while having small healing and small air manipulation.)
extra: (anything else you think we should know about your character)

NOTE!!! YOU HAVE NO WEAPONS TO START WITH!!!! YOU HAVE TO FIND THEM ALONG THE WAY!!!!

once i think there's enough people, i'll start the rp

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Labrynth of Al'Hatai
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:20 am 
Godsin Queen

oh, you remember Mirravin and Maryin don't you? :P

ah well i'll do a chacter if you'll have me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:46 pm 
The Broken One

i remember mirravin heh. fun times

of course i'll have you. of all people why would i deny you?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:51 am 
Solitary Serpent

MAKLA'S DOING AN RP!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Sounds awesome! Kinda reminds me of the Greek myth where the kings creates the labryinth and puts the minotaur in it, and of Earthsea, too. I'm definitely going to join. I just need to find a character. I thought about Brothorn, but he's no criminal. ;P

By the way, who's your character?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:54 am 
Godsin Queen

yay! *does happy dance*

name:Veailsba (vee-els-ba)
species: drow (dark elf)
crime:wandered into the wrong place at the wrong time by accident, while going dungeon diving
appearance:dark grayish skin,blood red eyes, ragged purple and burgandy andventurer's cloak, and long jet black hair in high ponytail.
history:(she's a simple traveler with no really exciting history as of yet, but she plans to have one worth telling some day.
personality:very prideful, and distant, yet slightly happy go lucky
abilities:archery and plant manipulation (granted there's a plant there)
extra:when she's angry she talks about herself in third person, calling herself one.

Last edited by Pandora on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:41 pm 
The Broken One

wewt! i actually didn't expect anyone to want to join heh

yes yes i'm finally pulling myself off the sidelines and trying to make some of my own rps for a change

pfft why do i need a character? oh well if you insist

name: makla acha'callen
specie: draknor
crime: vandalisim. got caught destroying a market square
appearance: as a human, he appears as a fairly skinny adolescent boy and ragged looking with green hair and hazel eyes. wears a large brown trench coat over a ragged assortment of clothes. wears a red gem that lets him appear human
in his natural form, he looks like this:
history: a creation from a deranged sorcerer, makla doesn't really even know his own history
personality: changes depending on the day. tends to speak all his thoughts out loud and randomly take to people while doing the opposite with others. definatly not sane
abilities: can appear human and manipulate fire. decently good with throwing daggers due to his better than average eye sight
extra: he'll be sticking to his human form for the most part in this rp

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:33 pm 
G.E.E.K.

*looks at illustration* :shock: HOLY S**T, Makla! I only wish I could draw that good!
I'm in...

name: Jarel Fulgen
specie: Human
crime: Arson (burned down a building or two), and murder (the buildings weren't as empty as he thought).
appearance: Wears a white shirt that's in tatters and is scorched on the edges, his pants are of simple make with no defining characteristics. His hair is shoulder length and is a platinum silver color. He has blue eyes the color of the morning sky on a clear day. No scars aside from a burn on his left palm. In battle, he wields a whip in the right hand and a dagger in the left.
history: He prefers not to speak of his past.
personality: Solitary. He can work in a group if required, but not for long. Other beings normally irritate him to the point of insanity. Most of the people who've worked with him in the past are lying in shallow graves.
abilities: Whip and knife skills, fire manipulation (can't create the flames).
extra: When angry or in battle the veins on his right arm bulge out and the right hand twitches.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:40 pm 
Matrix Operator

Name: Jason
Species: Human
Crime: Multiple counts of murder
Appearance: Long, stringy brown hair, torn work clothes, several scars, crazed eyes.
History: Jason was initially a merchant trader until he was involved in a wagon accident that left him with a severe head injury. Disappearing without a trace after his recovery, he was a vagrant wanderer until he encountered and massacred a group of travelling entertainers with a chisel, shouting something about cabbage.
Personality: Volatile and extremely unstable, he will literally just as soon stab you in the back as shake your hand. Much of what he says is just aimless ramblings, and you never know when he will turn on you.
Note: based on observed reactions, the doctors advise not threatening him in any way, as this can trigger Jason's bloodlust.
Abilities: Fast and furious. Jason’s mental state lends him to berserk rages, but at times he displays a chilling level of cunning.

-Tucker Max

Last edited by Falconer on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:00 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
A momentous occasion to be sure. Just a sec, let me locate the right character for this...

Name: Yuri Dragonspeaker
Specie: Human
Crime: She had an argument with the King about the nature of the labyrinth, and he decided to give her, and the dragon she represents a lesson in it's effectiveness.

Description: Yuri's eyes are a bright green, and her hair an almost greasy black, tied up in a bun at the back of her head. She is garbed in steel chain mail and three bracers coating her right arm, all lightly coated in white silver. Also she has Kuall's crest burnt into the back of her hand which entitled her to certain privileges.

History: Blind since birth, Yuri was abandoned at the mouth of a dragon's cave. Kuall saved her from death and gave her the gift of sight by maturing her inner eye. She trained under the dragon's watchful gaze until she was 14. She was then released into a girl's school to learn the ways of humans. Yuri is Kuall's disciple, his eyes ears and will. Though he trusts her judgment for the most part, she cannot disobey a direct order from him without fear of death.

Personallity: Brightly intelligent, but she can be sardonic at times, especially when she doesn't agree with what Kuall wants her to relay. This problem is what ended her up in the Labyrinth.

Abilities/magic: Link Sunder(minor ability): She can sunder her mental link with Kuall, and force the residual energies at one target, silencing any magics they are casting, and preventing them from casting anything else for a few minutes. The link takes a good half-hour to reestablish if she sunders it. (This is one of my minor abilities, it may be a little to powerful, but hey, she can't use her major for half-an-hour if she uses it.)

Minor Detection(minor ability[duh]): Seeing as how she sees with her mind's eye, she can also see what others may not, maybe useful in detecting traps or doors protected by minor enchantment.

Dragon's Protection(major ability): She also can summon a fire cone in front of her, with Kuall's help, but only if she has not sundered her link with Kuall. This ability is limited in use, and takes a great amount of energy to sustain.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:12 pm 
The Broken One

good good. this is awesome

i want to get this thing started on monday. hopefully i'll have a new wireless card by then and i'll have more reliable internet

oh hey, some more notes:
when you start off, you'll be alone. you've got to find people if you want to travel with them

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:59 am 
Solitary Serpent

If you don't mind, I'm just going to post my character bio when I get back. I'm still kinda iffy on who I want to use.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:25 pm 
Godsin Queen

i'd say this is something you'd make a fresh character for.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:41 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
:oops: Mine's not [size=50]freshper se...[/size]

But, yeah, I've never really got a chance to use this character. Whatever Rp she was in never got started.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:02 am 
Solitary Serpent

name: Klofka
specie: Centaur
crime: Prisoner of war. She was part of the Resistance, fighting to overthrow the king.
appearance: Her horse half is a dappled gray, and stocky like the body of a clydesdale. Her human half is lightly tanned with deep blue eyes and white hair. She wears a faded green top that covers only her chest (think tube top). A light blue tribal tattoo covers the upper half of her left arm.
history: Usually very peaceful, Klofka joined the Resistance when she was young, when the king's army was ordered to tear down the forest in order to build the labryinth. ever since she has fought to bring down the man who destroyed her home and killed many of her kind (mostly ones in the Resistance).
personality: Klofka is usually very peaceful. Her moves are calculated and precise. Her temper is rarely seen.
abilities: Knows a few healing spells.

I guess I'll let you give my character a once over before I post anything, just in case there's something you want me to change.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:02 pm 
The Broken One

looks good to me

Offline Profile