Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:09 am

Post subject: The Eternal War
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:52 am 
G.E.E.K.

Over the millenia, humanity has had encounters with Vampires and Lycanthropes. And from these encounters, a war has shown itself. Vampires seem to hate Lycanthropes, and the feeling is mutual.
But not all Lycanthropes seek the annihilation of the Vampires.
Now the war has reached the U.S., and armies from all the races have began the fight anew in the Land of the Free. And the humans are stuck in the middle, clinging to life while trying to retain their humanity.

In this particular RP, lycanthropy is not only werewolves, but all forms of were-beasts. Lycanthropes take many forms; cats, wolves, birds, snakes, insects, etc.
It is mostly the wolves that have ensued the war. And, because of that, the Vampires hunt all Lycanthropes, not seeing the difference between the races.
Now there are Hunters on both sides. Vampires hunt Lycanthropes, Lycanthropes hunt Vampires, and some Lycanthropes hunt other Lycanthropes. All in a bid to either end the war, or annihilate the other species.

In this RP, you play as one of these "Sub-Humans" (as Humanity calls them), and take an active roll in this war. The prize, survival. The consequence, death.

All Lycanthropes have three things in common: 1) They are mortal; 2) They have a high healing factor, that only silver prevents; 3) they can change form at will, but during the full moon, they must change. Aside from this, they vary as widely as their animal sides. In human form, they do retain some attributes of their animal side (IE: wolves retain hearing and smell, cats retain night vision and acrobatic skills, etc.). No Lycanthrope has a beast form from mythology or fantasy (IE: dragons, hydras, etc).
Vampires are much the same as they are in most other stories. Immortal, immune to most damage (save the vast array of Holy objecs, garlic, and sunlight), they are also faster and stronger than normal humans. But the virus that creates Vampires is not as contagious as the Lycanthropy strain, thus the number of Vampires is kept balanced with their immortality.

Basicly, survival is the name of the game.
There will, of course, be plenty of human slayers to challenge us along the way. And I will allow players to be one of these people. Just remember that you are human, you may know countless ways to kill a Sub-Human, but you still have the disadvantages of humanity.

Name: Ragnofael (called Fell by friends)
Species: Lycanthrope (Cat form)
Nationality: Siberian

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: The Eternal War
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:10 pm 
Matrix Operator

Name: Michael
Species: Vampire
Nationality: Irish
Inventory: Four silver throwing stars, Beretta 92 and four magazines, hunting knife, knuckledusters

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:36 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
So, there is no story besides survival? No one to save, no plan to stop the war, nothing?

Meh, I can't see it lasting long, but at least it's not cliche that way.

Name: Narage (Nara, occasionally, full name pronounced 'mirage,' with an 'n.')
Species: Lycanthrope (Cat form, AKA Werecat)
Nationality: Asian American
Arsenal: (Well, what is the technology level? Current, industrial, civil war, post-WWII, near-future? I could see it as any of them, but I'm assuming it's current, just in an alternate reality, correct me if I'm wrong.)
1. Twelve Bo-shuriken (pretty much metal spikes made for throwing,) steel coated in wood, their pouch lined with holy ash.
2. A set of two kunai chained together, a cross inscribed in each side of the blade (chain is approx. 4 ft in length)
3. A Randall Special Winchester replica, with 10 mags of 6 shots (.44-40).

I just looked these weapons up, so please tell me if there are any problems. :roll: The shotgun is medium- to close-range, the bo-shuriken long- and medium-range and the kunai, so un-aerodynamic with the chain, are purely close range. The ash-coating and woodenness of the bo-shuriken makes them hurt really bad if they miss the heart, which they probably always will, no matter how proficient Narage is with her throwing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:40 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Name: Alondor
Species: Lycanthrope (bat)
Nationality: Irish
Inventory: two cross-bows with silver tipped steaks that can be used as throwing knifes (Yeah I go after vampires and warring lycanthropes)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:05 am 
Solitary Serpent

Since there seem to be more lycanthropes joining than vampires, I guess I'll be a vampire. Just please bear with me and give me a few days to create/post my character bio.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:50 pm 
Wandering Dragon

I was waiting for some RP like this!

Name: Taya Loupine
Species: Lycanthrope: (Wolf)
Nationality: Scottish
Inventory: Medium sized sword, basically a samurai sword, strapped to back. Ice Grenades (this is depending on the times we are in!!lol) Two Punisher Handguns.

Im not sure where exactly my character stands in this war, lets say I want the war to end, but have fought and killed many Vampires in the past.

Oh yes!! Please note this!! :arrow: When we lycanthropes change, do we still have our clothes when we change back to human form? Like magic. Or do we lose our clothes each time? This is very important to the RP!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:03 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Lycanthropes keep their clothes after resuming human form.
The RP is set about thirty years into the future.

I may come up with a storyline later, but at the start, let's just try to survive eachother, probably make a few alliances, and try to see how many people will stick around long enough for me to come up with something.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:49 pm 
Matrix Operator

Well we have five people now, that's enough to start.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile