Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 am

What should be done?
Revive Exx's Tavern with one of us taking the temporary roll of barkeep. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Open a New Tavern (or series of Taverns) that one of us "owns." 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Leave the Tavern be and not bother with it 'till Exx's return. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: A Question...
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:56 am 
G.E.E.K.

OK. I'm sure you've all noticed Exx's Tavern in the RP section. And, seeing as Exanderous hasn't been around for a fair number of years, I'm sure that most of the "younger" members never got a chance to take part in this legend of RPing.
So, to revive the spirit of casual RPing I wish all RPers to answer the poll above.

Now please note, Exx's Tavern will remain as a silent testament to the RPers of Dragnix no matter what choice is picked. I don't want this legend removed any more than Pandora or Jish (or any other "elder" members who took part in this legend).
Exanderous himself will have to demand us to delete that Tavern before anyone even thinks of removing it anyway.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: A Question...
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:27 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
I appreciate you mentioning me, but I never really got into the Tavern thing. I never really fleshed out the character I stuck in there and didn't really understand the whole thing. I thought it was a neat read though, very entertaining. :read:

But I would vote an option that doesn't exist on there. We go in and demand to see Exx, but we all know he isn't there and start a quest to go find him, even if we are just making the story up as we go on and really won't have any real results until he comes back. It could be very fun. :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:54 pm 
Matrix Operator

The question would be as to whether or not that is in the spirit of the Tavern RPG.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:04 pm 
Godsin Queen

awwww, I'm an elder now.

I think the last anyone heard of Exx he was having computer troubles.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:23 pm 
Solitary Serpent

I never really entered the Tavern. I thought it was a story, and I didn't want to interrupt by just jumping in. So I don't know what to say.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:32 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

I say keep it open as is. It is almost the community meeting place. Players come and go as they please.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:21 pm 
G.E.E.K.

@Ersska: The tavern was pretty much a random RP for talking about recent events and having fun with everyone. There was no OOC, so pretty much anyone was welcome, just describe your character as they walk in.
@Jish: I think your idea would make a very interesting RP by itself, it doesn't even have to be written in the Tavern.
@Pandora: Sorry, but I see the anyone who was a member at the time of my joining as an "elder" member. It's a bad habit of mine.
@Vampirehunter42: No matter what, the Tavern will be left just as it is. But without Exx himself (or Fyre) the place just won't have any life, no matter how many of us post there. Exx was a true legend, and Fyre was just about as good. Not to mention, without Exx or Fyre, who would serve the drinks?

Now, if we could get Tempest to E-Mail these two (and maybe a few others) we could get the ball rolling again. The RPs we have now are (sorry to say this) second rate compared to some of the stuff they created (don't get me wrong though, they are pretty good. Just not as good as an original Exx RP).
See, I really miss the good old "Golden Age" of Dragnix, when the RPs section normally had ten or more active RPs at any given time and the Tavern was always at the top of the list. Those were the days I would love to see again.
And, maybe, a new Tavern could give the "new guys" a look into how a legendary RP is born.
Only one currently active RP is what I consider "legendary" and that is Eternal Twilight.
This is what I want, an RP that can span the ten or twenty page mark, something that will last as long as Exx's Tavern.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:40 pm 

Ok, I understand what you need. Looks like I need to wake my old man sleeping in the corner.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:45 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
I was not around during the golden age but i wish i was

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:55 am 
G.E.E.K.

Dragonmaster, feel free to join the "revived" Exx's Tavern. It's the only remaining relic from the good old days.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:32 pm 

Ok, I will try to breath some life into it. And remember come one come all, everyone is welcome in the Tavern. No posted character needed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:44 am 
Cererean Princess

I posted in the tavern - once - and made a comment about the frozen people...

Quote:
Only one currently active RP is what I consider "legendary" and that is Eternal Twilight.

Yes! 8)

Offline Profile