Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 am

Post subject: Starshine Chapter II: Alternative Views
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:18 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Now that school is over with I think I can visit here much more often. :wink:

So, who wants to start the second chapter, 'Alternative Views?' I mean, I will probably start it, but I sort of wanted to do a roll call to make sure we're all here.

Again I apologize for my absences, but school was very hectic this year, and Rping with me probably was very much like this emoticon: :poke: Again, sorry, but that's all sorted out now, and we can make a fresh start. :mrgreen:

As with any of my role-plays new people are open to join, let me sum up what's happened so far:

In a near-future something happens to Earth, though it is unclear what exactly, and a ship called the Element is sent out to start a colony on the most habitable planet in the galaxy found to-date. Unfortunately, the planet is destroyed by an extrasolar beam shot by a black hole (not sci-fi, surprisingly, look it up). Not only has their destination been destroyed, but the colonists have been decimated by a fungus-like plague that spread while they were in stasis and a computer gone haywire by a malicious software update from Earth centuries ago. The captain is dead, so Raf, pilot and co-commander, is in charge, though he has been infected with the fungus growth, and it is quickly spreading. The colonists pray that the next door planet, on the fringe of the solar system, picked up enough water and atmosphere from the destroyed one to support life, and our story picks up as Luna, serving as pilot as Raf lost the control of his hand, lands the huge craft on the surface of the crew's future home, if they have a future to live in...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Starshine Chapter II: Alternative Views
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:46 pm 
Solitary Serpent

I'm still here and ready to go! Nice to see you again, Jish!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:14 pm 
Matrix Operator

If it's all right with you, Jish, I want to join.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:20 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
yeah me too could you post what is required for a character

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:38 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Hold on, let me look up the old char sheet. :roll:

Now, at first I thought I would go ahead and have you all be members of our crew, but since I am no good at keeping secrets I guess I'll go ahead and let the cat out of the bag. Basically unbeknown to the shipmates of the Element a second colony has been dispatched to the planet that we are going to, who hitched a ride on the X-ray beam from the black hole that passed conveniently close to Earth well after the Element had left Earth, but well before the crew awoke. So what this means is a functioning and thriving society already exists on the planet we are going to, and all of the newbies get to be members of the planetdwellers. You can have been born on the planet, or part of the X-ray hitching mission depending on your choice, but if you were born planetside you will drift towards the young side and if you were part of the original mission be prepared to be called an old fossil by the rest of the youngsters. :wink:

('original' is a relative term. :lol:)

I had hinted as such by the burst of 'static' on the extraship communications that was actually uncoded music being forced through the ship's decoder that, ironically, can't tell the difference and ended up veiling the existence of human life on the planet.

Now, the well-established colonists live near and under the 'chemical lakes' described in the first chapter, which we planned to, and by the start of the Rp, did land by. Unfortunately radiation is leaking from the ship, and this will really upset the colonists who have worked so hard to make the air around the submerged compound breathable, not to mention the effect on the nearby crops and livestock and property damage by the huge ship itself. As you can imagine the locals are going to be quite testy, and in the militaristic culture that colonies must form to survive, unrelenting in punishment. But enough of that, here's a reposting of my character and a character sheet for you newcomers:

Name: Rafaelle (RAH-FEY-UH)
Defects: Besides a tricky blind spot in his peripheral vision (joke), his mind is plagued by a mild case of Epilepsy. He is infected with the so-called petrification plague.
Description: Lean, muscular, and pale as snow, he is a good balance of intelligence and physical capability. His clothes, chosen by the scientists to fit their predicted personalities are a mix of browns and blues, polyester as the ship is fairly hot and cotton would smother. His eyes are a creamy brown and his hair a dull black.
Assigned Task: Pilot and Second in Command.
Personality: Generally reserved and quiet, a dreamer with his head in the clouds, he is only his confident and coldly calculating when in his natural place, in the cockpit.

Name:
Defects:
Description:
Assigned Task:
Personality:

Last edited by Jishdefish on Tue May 19, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:50 pm 
Solitary Serpent

To help you out a bit, I'll go ahead and repost my character sheet. It'll give you (and me) a memory boost and help show the new guys what you're looking for.

Name: Erin Taylor

Defects: slightly OCD and ADHD; the OCD is not enough to affect her work (does things in a certain order); the ADHD tends to be a problem sometimes but passes as soon as it comes

Description: 5'7", 135lbs, brown straight hair down to her shoulders, green eyes, athletic, not very curvy (for a girl), wears men's cargo pants, green shirt (somewhat form fitting but not too tight), and brown work boots. (boyish, I know)

Assigned Task: Botanist

Personality: She tends to stay away from large groups. Erin is a very nice and caring woman if you ever take the time to get to know her. She stands up for what she believes in. She is tough and assertive. Sometimes aggressive. She believes that women are as good as men.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:02 pm 
Matrix Operator

Name: Jason Stone

Defects: Mute, incapable of speaking. Uses sign language to communicate with the others.

Description: Average height, weight, short dark hair and gray eyes. Wears a grease-stained T-Shirt, worn jeans, and brown boots.

Assigned Task: Mechanic (EDIT: Maintains colony's machinery, monitors sensors.)

Personality: Jason is happiest when around machines, and feels uncomfortable around other people due to his inability to speak. He is obviously not outspoken, and can get frustrated sometimes with the need for sign language.

-Tucker Max

Last edited by Falconer on Wed May 20, 2009 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:07 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Cool, Ersska, thanks. Sorry, Falconer, for not posting nearly fast enough, but you can go ahead and stick with that char, or you can be on the planet, your choice. Reread my post for details. :wink:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:22 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
I still do not have enough info should we be alien advanced or semi primitive and should being alien effect our looks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:26 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

No alien, all human and all decended from Earth. There is advanced technology, but only what was from the ships or Earth as it cannot be reproduced until the technology level has regrown to that point, which could be several centuries. The colony that has preestablished itself is only far enough along to terraform a small portion of the planet, and therefore its resources are vital.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:46 pm 
Godsin Queen

so my character Leon, is he getting killed off? Or am I keeping him onto the next chapter?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:50 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Aww.. I'm hurt that you would think me evil enough to kill your character for just not having his seat belt on. :twisted: Then again...

Nah, I'm just kidding. He can survive, he could have gotten to his seat in time, or perhaps just survived the reentry with just a few bumps and bruses from being rocked around in a chamber of the ship. Really it's up to you. I wouldn't kill your character off screen and for no good reason. That's called God-modding and I don't practice it. :wink:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:00 pm 
Godsin Queen

yay! I was having fun with the character! I'm very curious to how the next chapter is going to start off, since I'm asuming it's going to take place later after the crash landing.

Oh, and do I need to go fish up my character bio and repost it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:07 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Not necessary, but I'd recommend it. Rereading the first chapter is the same. Not necessary, but it would be helpful.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:05 am 
Godsin Queen

Alrighty copied and pasted!

Name: Leon Bashkavell (Lee-on, Bass-Ka-Vail)

Height: 5.8

less attacktive quirks:tends to be a bit shy towards the opposing sex may even come across as a bit slow at first, and secretly fears the computer's personality. He can also be a bit of annoyance when it comes to speaking about earth's political issues. He seems to have some kind of sore spot against the way the government has chosen to do things.

Jobs: Ship Doctor, and tracking expert

Description: He's your average pretty boy with the added glasses, shaggy but well-kept jet black hair. Emerald green eyes, boyish face, fit but not very mascular, and wears a blue doctor's uniform.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:56 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

I hope DragonRider is still around... He hasn't responded yet.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:41 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Name: Alondor Fridalo
Defects: need more info since i am a beam hopper
Description: think of legolas without the pointy ears and give him a tan and darker hair that is still blonde
Assigned Task: Explorer (You know to scope out the area)
Personality: loves the outdoors and has fun hiking. Also very friendly if you try to be nice at first, do not joke until you know him. very loyal and determined

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:53 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Very good, but I'm not familiar with the term 'beam hopper.' The defects thing was more steered towards the Element's inhabitants, but I suppose any mission could have its troubles in that department. So, dragonmaster, did you want to be a part of the Element's crew, or possibly a planetdweller from the second mission from Earth?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

The term beam hopper i thought described what the planet inhabitants did so i used it for lack of a better word

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:40 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Ah, that makes sense. :mrgreen: I'll pm you some details.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:11 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Okies, so I think that DragonRider isn't interested, or he's not all that observant, so I'll go ahead and start it up. He can join later if he likes, along with any others that want to.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:54 am 
Cererean Princess

And a day later, DragonRider spots the thread

Should I repost my character Bio, or jump straight in?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:32 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Repost first . :mrgreen: Glad you could join us. :wink:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:42 am 
Cererean Princess

Okay.

Name: Luna

Age: 15 (I know it's meant to be *late* teens, but the computers messed up)

Defects: Has trouble distinguishing between fact and fiction. A few niggling problems with her memory.

Description: Brown eyes, long dark brown hair, 5'8, slim but not stick thin,

Assigned Task: Geneticist and (what do you call the job where they grow embryos in an artificial womb?) Some rudimentry basics in Physics and basic pilot training.

Personality: Not very patient with people, can't understand them (can understand the genetic instructions to make them though!)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:31 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Very good. I did try and contact you with a pm earlier, but I guess some of them might not be getting through. Feel free to post!

Offline Profile