Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 am

Post subject: OCC: Star of the Indu
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:36 pm 
Matrix Operator

Time: 2110 hours
Date: 3/12/10

A series of blazing fireballs streak across the night sky, destined to impact into the ocean, their cargo something not seen by Earth for thousands of years.
One will strike in the ocean, there to awaken an evil of unimaginable magnitude.
One will impact an abandoned quarry, where a group of partygoers will be forever affected by their discovery.
And one will burrow deep underground, there to remain until something uncovers it.

For eons, men have sought the path to ultimate power. Wars, murders, thefts, and betrayals all in individual's quest for control.
What man has sought for so long is here. The youths will find power in the object from space, power over reality as they know it. But can they handle this power? And can they keep it as another tries to take it from them?

Be careful what you wish for.

You just might get it.

This will come as a bit of a surprise, but in this RP I will play a female character, as the power I though of is more fitting that way.
Name: Kayla Cianatti
Power: Extended mind power - character can perform telekinesis, mind control, and telepathy.
Descrip: Slender, fairly short. Long black hair- after the encounter shot with streaks of reflective silver. Blue eyes, also changed to reflective silver.
Bio: With a frail body, Kayla has always been an avid student. She is smart, well read, and creative, but is physically weak.

Character Outline
Name:
Power: [whatever you want, but it should be powerful- we're talking minor god, within a certain scope: time distortion, spacial distortion, enviroment control, etc. think Omega-level mutant from the X-men]
Descrip: [the encounter with the object will produce physical changes in appearance- include before and after data]
Bio: [make it short - include the character's basic personality]

Yes, the powers of the players will be incredible, but that will be balanced by the power of the antagonist(s).

-Tucker Max

Last edited by Falconer on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: OCC: Star of the Indu
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:17 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Im in, it sounds great!

Name: Kira Telgar
Power: Can shapeshift into any kind of animal, and that is only an animal, NOT other people, im not going that far into x-men, :poke: ,(mystique) lol!
Description: 5.5, Blond hair, from the object; scar across fore head that stretches from middle, past left eyebrow, down neck and along left arm, it aches occasionally.
Bio: Adventurous, bit of a daredevil, fun loving, yet shy when it comes to describing her own emotions and personal feelings.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:31 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

sounds awesome!

Name: Melody Johnson
Power: echo-location/synesthesia. she can use ambient noise or send out a really high-pitched tone (black-canary style, less violent though) and the echoes form pictures of her surroundings (so she can tell exactly where anything/anyone is within a .5 mile radius
Description: 5'6", cropped black hair, pale, wouldn't stand out in a crowd except for her violet-colored eyes after the encounter
Bio: Had some synesthesia (seeing sounds-mixing senses) before the change, was exactly normal and average and happy that way. She doesn't know what to make of her new powers - she's uncomfortable with change.

EDITED [at Falconer's suggestion]--> Power: second high-pitched tone can shatter glass and thin materials in the area and severely damage uncovered eardrums for about 2 days. sort of like standing in front of the speakers at a bon jovi concert...not that i've ever done that....

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Last edited by dragonfly on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:56 pm 
Matrix Operator

@Blue Tiger: Excellent.

@dragonfly: We're facing a really powerfull openent, you might want to up your power's power, maybe add a sonic scream attack.

Basically, the foe we will face will be an otherworldy opponent with power over all four elements: earth, air, fire, water. Our clashes with him will be on a destruction par with two hurricanes colliding. So many of the normal don't-be-too-godlike restrictions on RP characters do not apply here.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:27 pm 
Matrix Operator

I think this is enough characters to start, but I'll try to leave it open for further characters to join.

Bon Jovi rocks! "Shot through the heart, and you're to blame! You give love a bad name!" In fact, we'll even incorporate it into the story.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:14 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Name: R. Witmore (usually just Witmore)
Power: exhibits extraordinary control of the plant kingdom; rapid growth, movement(direction), texture, and later creating new strange/freighting forms of plant life
Description: 5.11, black hair, always seen with a five o’clock shadow. After the change, veins are slightly green, eyes green, has more energy when out in the sun.
Bio: Not usually one to be the center of the party, after the change is torn between newly kindled ambition with the old just trying to do whats right and find a someone to be with.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:24 pm 
Matrix Operator

Excellent character, just jump right on in.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:05 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Is it too late to join?

Name: Blayk (pronounced the same as Blake)
Power: Can control the weather, infra-red vision (can be 'turned on/off')
Descrip: 6' tall, athletic build, tan, dark green eyes, and short, kinda spiky,brown hair. After the change, his eyes dulled like those of a blind person, but he retains normal vision. Missing the outer half of his left eyebrow, and has a scar that wraps around his right calf.
Bio: Blayk is just a simple country boy. Adventurous, intelligent, loves the outdoors, is strong and energetic. Can be clumsy at times. Is a loner, but can get along with almost anybody.

Last edited by Ersska on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:39 pm 
Matrix Operator

1: No, its not to late, hop right on in

2: The only suggestions I would make are A, try to have your powers have a common thread (ie sonic, psionic, plant, shapeshifting), and B, try not to duplicate any powers someone else has. Other than that, I can't emphasize enough, overpower your character.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:45 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Well. . .do you have any suggestions for powers? My mind kinda went blank in that department. I'm used to having to deal with limitations. . .

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:49 pm 
Matrix Operator

Hmm... control of energy and water...

How about the power to control the weather?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:30 pm 
Solitary Serpent

That's what I was thinking. Something along those lines. The energy came from lightning and the water was rain, snow, ice, etc. I guess I just didn't convey it well. Sorry. I changed it.

Does weather control include temperature control as well? (such as making it unbearably hot)

I still think the infra-red vision would still be beneficial to have. It would tie into the energy part. Blayke could 'see' the energy. But I'll leave it up to you to decide whether he needs it or not.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:26 pm 
Matrix Operator

No problem. As for temperature control, I think so, only make sure said temperature changes do not exceed natural limitations.

Infra-red vision... no connection to weather, but throw it in anyway. The more, the better.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:54 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
I hope i am not to late to join the party

Name: Alondor
Power: his sain personallity can bend light to make and hide things, when his crazy personality is in control he has control over anti matter
Description : 6.0 His hair goes down to his neck After the explosion he got a second personality this one slightly crazy when the non crazy is in control his body and hair are pure White almost radiant his eyes are pitch black like looking into a pit of despaire but when the crazy is controling the colors are switched
Bio:HE was the guy that always stood next to the punch bowl swinging to the music
Good:this personallity is non violent and enjoys making people laugh
Bad: this one is way violent and thinks it is funny when peoples heads explode

I will post on roll play later

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:39 am 
Godsin Queen

oww, does this mean i get to knock the dust off my god character. I've been wanting to use her in something besides one of my books. as of late she hasn't seen much action past Ex's tavern. She'll have a handicap to make up for being a god as always.

oh and playing a character of the opposite sex isn't that odd. Most of my characters are male.

Character Outline
Name:Mirravin (Leela Borstean)
Power:Her most dominate powers are mostly passive, healing, shields and watnot.
Age:around three million years old (Leela is suspected to be around 18, but no one knows for sure)
Descrip:(not her real appearance)brown hair blue eyes, and very pale skin, after touching the, uh astriod She grows a pair of fox ears, and a tail.
Bio:(So that we stick to the story, after the human body comes into contact with the, thing, she get's possesed by Mirravin) A bubbly goddess who has a tendency to be rather childish at times. Yet she is serious when need be. She's hardheaded and doesn't always think things though.

She's also rather upset about being trapped in a human body so suddenly, and she voices it clearly enough. Although she sometimes seems to have a split personality, one would reason that this is only the owner of the body voicing her own thoughts. Thankfully their personalities are so different it's easy enough to tell them apart.

I know it's an iffy idea, I'll make a new character in need be. Just wanted to see if you'd approve this one first.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:37 pm 
Matrix Operator

Huh...
*pontificates for a moment*
The problem is that goddesses, while cool, don't really fit into the scenario here, i.e. that several relatively normal teens are changed after contact with a strange artifact/object/cube/meteorite, and then must master their powers while facing an as-yet nameless menace, I'm not really sure where your cahracter would fit in.

A pair of fox ears and a tail. Score ten points for originality.

Powers look good, feel free to expand as desired.

PS: it's an asteriod when in space, a meteor as it plunges through the atmosphere, and a meteorite if it makes it to the ground in one piece.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:22 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Are the characters going to end up in the hospital? Because if so, I can change my posts so that Blayke needs medical attention. Plus, I figured they would take him anyway for basic examination, plus for his eyes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:28 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
and could you comment on my character please

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:53 pm 
Matrix Operator

Oh, I didn't really see anything to fix in your character, looks perfect.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:59 pm 
Godsin Queen

well she is an average teen, she's just possesed by the goddess after she touches the red block thing. I plan to switch between personalities. Oh, and she'll only have the ears and tail while she's letting Mirravin control her so that the other characters can tell whos who. If you don't like the idea i can take out the goddess part and she'll just be a kind of monk like beast girl after the change. Just let me know which way you perfur it and when i can join if i can join.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:49 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jump in right now, if'n you please, sooner the better.

Ah... Hm... how about just creating a split personality... but that would be too like dragonmaster's char...
Tell you what, we'll go with it as is, and play it by ear.

@Ersska: Some will end up in the hospital, some - including my character - will just be checked out by paramedics. Just have your character kinda stumble out or something so that he isn't examined.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:38 pm 
Godsin Queen

yay! I promise you won't be disapointed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:14 pm 
Matrix Operator

Wow... already on page 2, with seven characters.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:50 pm 
Godsin Queen

yes, now if we can just keep everyone in it. The prob with most of our games is that we can't keep everyone in them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:04 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Ok, Count me in. Though one of you may need to use my character for me at times since I can't post near as often as you.

Character Outline
Name: Jarrel Fulgen
Power: Has high control over stone. If he is well protected he can move his conscious into the rock and create a golem. He can also move through stone (and only stone, I have to have some limits).
Descrip: Before; He was 5-11, had blond hair, green eyes, and usually had a tan. After; He gained two inches in hight, his hair turned a clay brown, his eyes turned black, and his skin turned pale white (no matter how long he's in the sun).
Bio: He is kind and controlled. It takes a lot to anger him, but when angered he is like a force of nature gone bad.

I guess I'll just jump in, since I don't really know when I'll be able to post next. I won't use my ability till Falconer approves, though.

Offline Profile