Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 am

Post subject: OCC: "OCEANSTAR: Reciprocity"
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:01 pm 
Matrix Operator

The year is 2021, and a twelve year scientific study is at an end.
Seventeen children were selected and exposed to a regimen of radiation, surgery, and chemo designed to reactivate the dormant parts of the human mind. Slowly, neurons began to connect in unforeseen ways, and strange mental powers began to emerge.
As the experiment progressed, however, questions were raised, concerning the ethics of the biological augumentation. OCEANSTAR went dark, recieving covert funding, and was almost forgotten until the new president found out about the program.
Now the president wants results, and Project OCEANSTAR is ready to give them. A small group of the psychic teenagers are dispatched to Washington, D.C., where their assignment is to find out who in the White House staff is leaking classified technological blueprints to Iran. What the teens do not know is that Iranian Intelligence is aware of their existence, and that the whole mission could be a trap...

NAME: Kiener, Jason
RACE: Caucasian
APPEARANCE: Tall, black eyes, brown hair.
PSYCHIC POWER: Can contact anyone, anywhere in the world, with his mind.
PERSONALITY: Withdrawn, depressed. The treatment appears to have impaired his social skills.

All characters should use the above template. Powers should be limited, a means to an end. The experimental augumentation has many side effects, such as mild personality disorders, pigmentation shifts, and heraing or vision loss.

-Tucker Max

Last edited by Falconer on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:39 am 
Cererean Princess

Seventeen? So 12-13 of them are going to be NPCs?

Hmmm, I might join.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:02 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Hmm... Teen mutants? Government-made? A little too cliche for my tastes. I'm not really one to talk with my Rp, but.... I don't think I'll join.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:29 pm 
Cererean Princess

But.. but, you're 1/6 of the RPers on this board!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:31 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Wow, im in! But I need some time to figure out a character and a power... should have some idea by tomorrow or next day.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:10 pm 
Matrix Operator

Jishdefish wrote:
Hmm... Teen mutants? Government-made? A little too cliche for my tastes. I'm not really one to talk with my Rp, but.... I don't think I'll join.

No, mutation involves manipulation of the DNA sequence. The above proposal involved chemical adjustments, radiotherapy, and surgery.

Dragonrider wrote:
Seventeen? So 12-13 of them are going to be NPCs?

No. Only a few will be sent on each mission. This allows different people to go on different missions while still being the same story.

Suggested Powers:
Psychic Bind: Character can imobilize people so long as they make direct eye contact.

Mind Warp: Character can cause others around them to not notice something: an item, action, scenery change, etc.

Telepath: Character can sense emotions around them- not by choice.

Mental Games: Character can temporarily induce vertigo in an opponent.
Windshield Thoughts: Character can still wind gusts nearby.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:12 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Sorry I havent come up with a character as fast as I said would, but ive nearly got it, but im stuck with the psychic power: Before I saw your post on suggested powers I came up with one where I could sense people's guilt, involving something from their past, I thought this would be a good power for use in questioning, like if someone refused to talk, you could torment them a little by prying on their guilt over something they did for instance, .... thats an idea but Im not sure if its ok...

If it was ok, I was thinking of having some other variable power derived from that one, just something a bit more useful as I realise that your suggested powers seem to be more on the offensive side, ie, used more as forms of attack. So I would need something else maybe...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:09 pm 
Matrix Operator

No, anything is fine, those were just my ideas. Offensive or defensive is fine. And the power you refer to is the power of the main character in "The Shamer's Daughter", about a girl and her mother who can force people to remember past sins and feel ashamed and regretful about them. Perfectly okay, and you can read the book for a better idea on how it's done.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:40 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Cool, ok, thanks! Never heard of that book but I cant believe the similarity, well, thats my power for sure, I may even use your description there, you worded the power better than I did!
Ok here goes...

NAME: Samantha Turel
RACE: ?to be confirmed?
APPEARANCE: Middling height, black hair, blue eyes.
PSYCHIC POWER: Ability to sense people's guilt. Can force people to remember past sins and feel ashamed and regretful about them.
PERSONALITY: Subject to occasional moods of depression. If stressed, subject to severe Migrains.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:23 pm 
Matrix Operator

TIME/DATE STAMP: 21 May 2021
TO: OCEANSTAR Staff
SUBJECT: Mission One

To all Oceanstar agents,
The Secret Service has determined that someone in the White House has acessed documents concerning Project OCEANSTAR. As this concerns you, you have been dispatched to uncover this double agent and retrieve any and all copies of the Project data.
You are authorized to use lethal force if necessary.
Do not, under any circumstances, disclose your identity. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has agreed to allow you to pose as FBI agents.
Above all, trust no one. Whoever it is has infiltrated the highest levels of clearance and is obviously skilled at fooling people.

Good luck, agents.

Deputy Director of Operations Preston Cole

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile