Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 pm

Post subject: Tomb Of Horrors.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:54 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Ok, I have decided to give you a taste of a game created by Gary Gygax. Note this is not a hack and slash game, it is a thinker. It does have some combat, but most of it will be traps. And just to let you know, most if not all of your first characters will die.

Somewhere under a lost and lonely hill of grim and
foreboding aspect lies a labyrinthine crypt filled with
terrible traps and not a few strong and fero c i o u s
monsters to slay the unwary. Rich tre a s u res both
precious and magical fill the crypt, but in addition to
the aforementioned guardians, some say a demilich still
wards his final haunt. (Be warned that tales told have it
that this being possesses powers that make him nearly
undefeatable!) Accounts relate that adventurers have an
extremely low probability of ever finding the chamber
where the demilich Acererak lingers, for the passages
and rooms of the tomb are fraught with terrible traps,
poison gases, and magical protections. Furthermore, the
demilich has hidden his lair so well, that even those
who avoid the pitfalls likely will not locate their true
goal. So only large and well-prepared parties of the
bravest and strongest should even consider the attempt,
and if they do locate the tomb, they must be prepared to
fail. Any expedition must be composed of characters of
high level and varied class. They must have magical
protections and weapons, and they should equip themselves
with every sort of device possible to ensure their
survival.

character(s) build. (yes you may want to build a 2nd or 3rd character, just incase. No need to post them now.) And keep them around the size of a human.

Name:
Race:
Class:
Look: (hair color, eye color, and so on and so forth......)
History:

Items: 1 or two weapons, armor, rope, or anything else you would carry.

Other: anything else you can think of.

Main attributes: Pick two of (strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, charisma.)

Middle attributes: Pick two of (strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, charisma.)

Lesser attributes: Pick two of (strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, charisma.)

Main save: pick 1 from (reflex, fortitude, will)

Other saves: the other two.

I will give you skills and other powers (like magic or something like) by what your history is like.

NOte on medagameing: medagameing is the use of player knowledge over the power of player knowledge. For example if a player knows opening a chosen door is deadly, then does not open it even though the character would not know it. I don't want to see things like that.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:38 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Sounds interesting.

Name: Robert Smith
Species: Human
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Class: Cleric
Hair color: Dark Brown
Eye color: Blue
Clothing: White shirt and brown pants
History: Robert grew up in the small town of Hobaen. He spent most of his time either studying white magic or helping others. He now goes around vanquishing anything he deems evil.

Items: Morning Star, crossbow with 50 bolts, full-plate armor, 30' rope, backpack, sleeping bag, and various talismans

Main attributes: intelligence and wisdom

Middle attributes: dexterity and charisma

Lesser attributes: strength and constitution

Main save: will

Other saves: reflex and fortitude

(Yeah, I hate medagaming as well.)

Tom is the answer to life.

Last edited by flege2 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:42 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
going to say this to save vamp the trouble caucasion is an ethnicity not a raceoh and vamp is this going to be like dungeons and dragons i know you are a huge fan of the game oh and what is the difference between wisdom and intalligence

now for my character

name liorka (yes she is a girl)
race elf
age 60 (that is young for an elf right?)
class (ok tell me if this is cheating) a thief who studied the controlling and generating of fire
hair brown wavy hair
height 5 foot 1
eyes red
skin tone albino
handed she is ambidextrious
history her family lived on a great open meadow where liorka practiced yoga, targeting things, and fire magic then when she moved to a big city she was robbed so to make her way she learned to steal, she became extremely proficient in lockpicking

equipment she has a pouch of kunia and a pouch of throwing stars she alsocarries a hair pin on her hair that she uses to unlock locks and she has stocks of food
armor light thin leather armor
main dex and int
middle wis and char
less str and con
save main reflex
other will fortitude

(i will try not to medagame)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:15 pm 

sorry for the time on this. If we dont' get any new players, I'll either make a couple of NPCs to work with you or let you work more than one character. And that is fun, I did 3 one night.

The characters look good, I'll post something on then later.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:48 pm 

Sorry for taking so long, work and spring time. I have been either working or outside for the past while. (yard work and stuff).

I'll post the NPC later, I think I'll just dig up prebuild ones I have laying around.

But on your question.
Intelligence is more of less "book learning". It is based on facts, dates, numbers and things like that.

Wisdom is more like "street smarts". It is based of experience and trial and error type learning. A good example is my sig, it shows a strong use of wisdom.

I hope that helps. There is a bit more to it but sometimes too much info hurts.

I'll try and start the game by the end of the week.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:19 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

I suppose I can give it a try. My typing will be pretty bad for a short time, I haven't use my computer since the last time I logged on.

Name: Gorinath Thunderaxe

Race: Human

Class: Shaman (Can I use that?)

Look: Blue-green eyes, Grey hair. Wears a light cotton short sleeved shirt and brown leather pants with sturdy leather boots. Has sleeve tattoo on his left arm. Wears his hair long and lets it simply hang from his head however it lands. Has a full beard but keeps it trimmed. He is covered in marks, everything from burns and punctures to cuts and magical burns. His back is bent and it is obvious by his bone structure and the scratches that cover his body that in youth he was a tall and strong man who has seen many a battlefield.

History: As a boy and young man he lived a simple life as a farmer. Then, one day a band of raiders pillaged his farm and killed all of his family. Gorinath had been splitting wood when they came and managed to kill every raider who came at him until their leader appoached him. They fought for almost an hour, each breaking the others weapon until finally the leader got the upper hand and pinned Gorinath to the ground with his boot. Strangely though the leader picked Gorinath up and after a few minutes of discussion enlisted him. Many years passed and Gorinath pillaged many farms and villages much like his own. At the raiders' own town he learned shamanism from the town healer and wiseman, though he kept it a secret as he was told it was a woman's craft. Eventually in his old age the raiders were defeated and he fled. (I have an entire lengthy story for this but it would take me forever and a day to write it out. Also I am ending it there so you can tell me how everyone meets)

Items: An axe with 273 notches in it, A flint and tinder box and a spare shirt.

Other: Has a very odd "familiar", occasionally he kneels down and talks softly. To an ignorant observer there is nothing there although there are dog prints left in any dirt. sand or mud underfoot and there is a soft panting. To the trained or observant audience though there is a ghostly wolf that generally follows him everywhere he goes.

Primary skills: Constitution, Wisdom

Secondary skills: Intelligence, Charisma

Lesser skills: Strength, dexterity

Main save: Will

Other saves: Fortitude, reflex

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:07 pm 

I like it, I hope to start this time. I got a bump up in hours at work, and not much free time now.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:57 am 
Wandering Dragon

Its not too late for me to join? Id like to have a go, though ill probably die first, but thats ok. :lol:

Name: Kira Razielim
Class: Magic user, travelling background
Look: Lond black hair kept back be a head band. Blue eyes, 5.4 height, strong bodied, Age; 19, wearing slevless leather jacket, black skin toght leather trousers.
History: She came from a traveling family, but at the age of 16 decided to leave on her own to learn skills of magic, to avenge her brothers death, who was killed by an evil wizard. She believes that magic would be the best way to help others who are powerless against such forces. She met an Ice Dragon, named Glaicean, who, took her under his tutilage and trained her in the prowerful dragon magic and power of elements, for 3 years, though her training is incomplete.

Items: Blue Sword (light but strong), Bow and arrows. Few poutches for certain magical items such as crystals, herbs and a few potions. Small amount of rope

Other: Although often quiet, she speaks respectfully and kindly to everyone. She is very wary of any stranger she deems suspicious. She talks telepathically to her dragon mentor, Glaicean, whenever she feels lonely, lost or in need of advice. She does miss her family, but strongly believes that such pathetic feelings are irrelevant and that she should concentrate only on her current situation, and the future.

Main attributes: Dexterity, Itelligence
Middle Attributes: Strength, wisdom
Lesser Attributes: Constitution, Charisma
Main Save: Reflex
Other Saves: Will, fortitude

Last edited by Blue Tiger on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:53 pm 

Looks good, I still may add character(s) if needed....... (It may be a wonderfull half-elf cleric of mine, and his half-orc rogue buddy.

By the way the game has started.......

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:00 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Ok, ive just added Other section to my character above. Thought I should put in a little extra...(ive just read those links for RP experince you gave Vampirehunter, lol.)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:19 pm 

looking good. If you like D&D and dice rolls, check out DNDOG. I love the site. Man, I do need to get into a game there again.

And on the digging I would like to know the general area of where you are digging: East, West or Center.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:57 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
I'd like to join if it's not too late. I was thinking of joining earlier, but couldn't decide what to play.

Edit: After rereading the first post I switched around my stats, I didn't notice the 'not hack and slash' part. The difference is easily explained by Sade learning from his mistakes and taking a big slice of humble pie and learning from it. So, I'm not just changing it at a whim. :roll: I also added some enchantments to my equipment, nothing much, just a few done by grateful villagers that he saved.

Name: Sadr Rizk (likes to be called Sade)
Class: Hunter-warrior

Looks: Yellow-green coloured eyes framed by mid-length brown hair. He wears rough deerskin pants, as well as a small cloth vest. His face is defined by his wide, slightly off-canter nose and large chin.

History: He was found at the age of two or three wandering the forest speaking nonsense. He was brought back to a small village and raised by a willing couple unable to conceive a child of their own. All his life he felt drawn by a higher purpose towards things of nature. If it weren't for a rather unfortunate incident involving grease and a cook-pot he mightn't even wear clothes. At the age off 14 he was apprenticed to a woodworker and learned to fashion much from the trees, but he always yearned for more. Two-years later he struck off on his own and learned how to live off the land and hunt creatures of legend for money using only his dagger and wooden pole-arm. He was fairly confident in his abilities till an elf, angered by his slaying of an innocent bear challenged, defeated, and humiliated him in public, leaving a scar down his chest that he makes no attempt to hide. Now, at age 30 he seeks to redeem himself by slaying the much-feared Lich of the Crypt.

Items: Dagger, sharpened polearm(enchanted to prevent burning or snapping easily), leather pants(similar enchantment, extra burn protection), sleeveless cloth vest(no enchantment), thick leather armbrace(Heavily enchanted with multiple layers to prevent cursing if bitten/clawed through). Also has a small bag containing: sharpening stones, rope, pocketwatch, flint, oil soaked torch, and a compass.

Main attributes: Strength, wisdom.
Middle attributes: Intelligence, charisma.
Lesser attributes: Dexterity, constitution.

Main save: Reflex.

Other saves: Fortitude, Will.

Last edited by Jishdefish on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:12 pm 
Wandering Dragon

Im not going to be here for a week, (going on holiday), back next friday. So if the roleplay goes ahaed quickly, well, you get what I mean... ill post then anyway...

Offline Profile