Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 am

Post subject: OOC: The Kinslov rebellion
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:40 pm 
Celestial Guardian

Prelude:

Long ago there was a grand and vast empire, not ruled by one, but by a senate of many. 7 powerful senators from 7 different provinces made up the highest seats of the senate. Vishti (Vish-Tee), the oldest and wisest of the senate was the voice for Kiros (Ky-roas), the capitol of the empire located exactly in the center of the continent of Escalaysia (S-Ca-lay-Ce-a). Which was located in the the central plains. Haji (Ha-jee) was the voice of the southern province of Gilgimesh (Gil-guh-mesh), also named the land of sand for the south was mostly a vast desert. Olveron was the voice of Tediken (Tead-E-Kin), a land that thrived in both the central plains and the northern mountains; giving it all the support it needed, with fertile fields and rich mines of plenty, to be the trade capitol. Nisshi (Nee-she) and Yia (Yee-a) were the voices of the eastern provinces of Yamiki (Yah-mukee) and Kioto (Kee-oto) who thrived greatly in culture. Zoë (Zo-e) was the voice of the northern providence of Ithiry (Itha-ree), though extremely isolated by the mountains became known for its cavernous universities and massive libraries filled with and emporium of ancient books from around the world. Last of all was the voice of the western province of Bulveria (Bul-ver-ea), Jonas. The west was mysterious and to this day it's intentions are unknown.
On a calamitous day fated by the gods, Vishti mysteriously became very ill and died leaving the senate in chaos. Without him to instate order, each province wanted to push their beliefs into the capitol. Finally each voice decided to break off from the senate and respectively form a Kingdom from their province. From then on the provinces known as Gilgimesh, Tediken, Yamiki, Kioto, Ithiry, and Bulveria became known as the kingdoms of Gilgimesh, Tediken, Yamiki, Kioto, Ithiry, and Bulveria, leaving the seemingly small province of Kiros to fend for itself, its people soon leaving to join the kingdoms that best supported their ideals. But not everyone had what they wanted, not every kingdom could support itself, and some were just greedy. Before long the peace that once filled the lands was replaced with a thick layer of blood of a tumultuous war that lasted nearly 50 years. After the war, peace instilled itself once again but no one knew how long that would last.

Tediken is a kingdom located in the north-central region of a large continent named Escalaysia. It's well renown as the trade nexus for all things from the most sinfully delicious confections to weapons and armor of the finest construct. Though in recent months the former king, Fareon's (Far-E-on) plot to better perfect his kingdom by killing the poor and weak was uncovered as were many he had already preformed. He was deemed unfit to rule by his three sons was immediately removed from power. The second eldest son Ishti (Ish-T) took the throne as king as the eldest son Kilos (Kee-lowz) seized control of the military forces that he knew were loyal to them. But the over throw of the king was not taken lightly by the populace that though him to be a saint and mass riot ensued. The forces loyal to the new crown could not control a riot of such mass scale. The church of Ascalon, a powerful force in Escalaysia, saw the peril of the crown and lent it's aid to them. The paladins of light brought peace to the capitol, Avalon (Ava-lon), but still rebellion in smaller towns and villages continued and with limited forces it became difficult to keep the peace everywhere. So the military, allied with the church, began recruiting anyone and everyone who wished whatever their reason to assist in quelling the riots across the kingdom.
One of the largest missions with one of the largest rewards is the Kinslov (Kin-slov) rebellion. A trade city protected by a well constructed fortress that a former general still loyal to the fallen tyrant king has taken as his own. You have found fliers for this mission and for your own reasons have decided to join. You must meet with the recruiting general at Gulls tavern in the small village of Coalset across the Phoenix river from Kinslov.

Been working on it for a while so I hope that everyone likes it!

Please list the following as your character description. .I'm not going to start the RP it's self for at least another week or so. So take your time in character development. (This is just a minimal guide line feel free to add as much as you please)

Please NO

-Unknowns (Fill out all of the character sheet and be as detailed as possible)
-Demons, Trolls, Giants, Etc. (this is mostly for humans but a human form is acceptable as long as you stay in it, as demons and other beasts are feared in Escalaysia. Dragons are acceptable but in a moderate amount as they are rare)
-God's of any kind
-Unexpected powers of some kind at all
-Magick is allowed but in limited ammounts
-Meanness, we are all here to have fun!

Name(Full):
Place of Birth:
Allegence: (it's ok to put none here)

Hair:
Eyes:
Body:
Face:
Other: (Any other accents of the body I haven't mentioned)

Armor/Garb:
Weapon(s):
Accessories:

Abilities: (of any and all kinds, specialtys, magicks, ect)

History: (Please be detailed)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:48 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
just going to say this out right wow u want alot ok i copied ans pasted this so i would get every thing if i say what do u mean i want u to elaborate

Name(Full): Alondor [yes same charecter from random encounter]
Age: dont know yet what is the range of a half-dragons life so complete this ratio our age range:Half-dragons age range::13-20:_____
Race: half-dragon
Place of Birth: dude give me the name of a country with a volcano
Allegence: who will pay me the most (Zeratul this gives you the right to move my allegence in the middle of the game if you want courc the final decision is mine but you can try)

Hair: Um... do horns count?
Eyes: flame red
Body: bulky
Face: a scar that starts a few inches above his eye and goes strait downthrough his eye lid landing a couple of inches below his eye
Other: he is albino

Armor/Garb: when his mother died she told him to take her scales and make full body armor out of them
Weapon(s): his nails are razor sharp
Accessories: he pierced his right hornthree times at the top and and put rings on it

Abilities: he can not breathe fire but can do extremely powerful fire magic without a book magic

History: will be filled in as soon as some of my questions are answered

thats the best i can do right now please answer any questions i left behind

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:50 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
sorry for the post my computer lags bad :oops: any way this post is modified after the country details are given

Age: dont know yet what is the range of a half-dragons life so complete this ratio our age range:Half-dragons age range::13-20:_____
Place of Birth: Kioto (his egg needed to be in a volcano)
Allegence: who will pay me the most (Zeratul this gives you the right to move my allegence in the middle of the game if you want courc the final decision is mine but you can try)

Face: a scar that starts a few inches above his left eye and goes strait downthrough his eye lid landing a couple of inches below his eye

Armor/Garb: when his mother died she told him to take her scales and make full body armor out of them and he covers his armor in a brown ragged head to foot robe (that means he has a hood)
Accessories: he pierced his right horn three times at the top and and put rings on it

Abilities: he can not breathe fire but can do extremely powerful fire magic without a book and he is always hovering a few inches off the ground though he has no wings

History: after he hatched his family moved to the town of Tuteladuro in the coutry of Ithory so they could return to his fathers business

thats the best i can do right now please answer more of my questions questions i left behind

Last edited by alondor on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:50 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

just going to say this out right wow u want alot ok i copied ans pasted this so i would get every thing if i say what do u mean i want u to elaborate

Age: ok so i'm fairly cetain that dragons live to be about twenty thousand so half-dragons live to about half that right so im going to say that my character is about 1000-1250 years of age
Place of Birth: Kioto (his egg needed to be in a volcano)
Allegence: who will pay me the most (Zeratul this gives you the right to move my allegence in the middle of the game if you want cource the final decision is mine but you can try)

Face: a scar that starts a few inches above his left eye and goes strait downthrough his eye lid landing a couple of inches below his eye

Armor/Garb: when his mother died she told him to take her scales and make full body armor out of them and he covers his armor in a brown ragged head to foot robe (that means he has a hood)
Accessories: he pierced his right horn three times at the top and and put rings on it

Abilities: he can not breathe fire but can do extremely powerful fire magic without a book and he is always hovering a few inches off the ground though he has no wings

History: after he hatched his family moved to the town of Tuteladuro in the coutry of Ithory so they could return to his fathers group of men as a child alondor enjoyed going out into the village and talking to this old sage in our world he would have been described as irish this man toughtalondor fire magic which normally takes years to learn but alondor was a quick learner which is good because not a day after alondor had mastered the most difficult magic the old mage died from a plague that took the entire mercenary carivan and his mother after that he went on a journey to other places taking on odd jobs and brueltal ones too

Last edited by alondor on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:14 pm 
Celestial Guardian

Ok, sorry I probably should have elaborated more on the regions.

Gilgimesh:The southern most kingdom and the largest. Located withing a vast desert area. Several mountain ranges border the southern sea. The people from here are well known for their strength and forging skills. The people here are very old fashioned and prefer to do things the long hard way. They worship their ancient god Amorisset. Basically they are an offset of Arabian/Middle eastern culture.

Tediken: It is located in the mid northern region just below the kingdom of
Ithiry. It is second largest kingdom of Escalaysia. The southern section of the kingdom is grassy plains and the northern region is small mountain ranges.

Yamiki:Is located to the east, bordering the eastern sea, and is the third largest kingdom. There is a small mountain range in the northern province. Basically their culture is based off Chinese, to make it easer to understand.

Kioto: Is to the east of Yamiki and is based mostly off of an largely populated island. There is a small volcanic mountain range in the center of the island. And basically they are a rip off of Japanese culture.

Ithiry:Is the smallest kingdom and is located to the far north hidden deep in thick mountain ranges and extends to the northern sea of ice. The people from here are very knowledgeable and are mostly scholars, teachers, and mages. They have a big affinity to keep records of everything.

Bulveria:Is located to the west and boarders the western ocean. Bulveria very mysterious as the people there do not travel outside their kingdom and few have dared to venture into theirs. There are rumors that they live in ruined cites of old and are trying to resurrect machines and technology from long ago, though they are only rumors.

Kiros:Is the central most province and is the only province not declared as a kingdom. It is very poor and most of it's cites are abandoned. The former capitol is well know for crime and things of all fowl natures.

I'm leaving it up to you to make a town/city/place for you to be from as long as you keep up the ideas of the provinces your from. Also if your going to make your character from a different province then please describe why in your characters history. I would also please ask you to be a little more specific in your descriptions of your character and his equipment. Please elaborate more on your characters ability's as well, like what kinds of spells and at what levels of makick (Just be careful because a young character would know little in the field of magick, it can be tricky sometimes to use magicks but feel free to use them if that is really your wish). Also please give him a full name, at least a last name.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:38 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Name: Tinnous Aileen Nedrhy
Race: Human
Place of Birth: Tediken
Allegiance: None really, but has a tenderness toward his birthplace.

Hair: blondish-brown, tinged with black.
Eyes: brown
Body: Lean, solid
Face: A heavy brow, combined with his usually smiling face makes him look rather sinister at first glance.
Other: His right leg is slightly disfigured and longer than his left so when he walks he has a slightly rolling gait.

Armor/Garb: Leather clothing, not polished, brown. Completed with a rough cap and shaded goggles. (Sort of like what a WWI pilot would wear)

Weapon(s): (tell me if I'm overstepping some sort of limit; it's a long description for a complicated weapon, but it isn't too powerful) A sword with a very narrow tube contained within it, looping back through the double-enchanted handle and then through a triple-enchanted cord to the dragon-breath tank, entirely enchanted in the strongest fire resistance possible, still warm to the touch though. The tube in the sword is used to channel dragon-breath, making the blade white hot and able to cut through any blade if in contact long enough. It is made of an unknown metal enchanted to withstand the heat, but that same resistance makes it slow to heat and slow to cool, so it is useful only in long, drawn-out encounters. The sword isn't decorated and is a grayish black with a handle made of equally enchanted and compacted earth and rock. The tank could be used as a melee weapon in a surprise, but it would be a bad idea to puncture it.

Accessories: An additional item to connect to the dragon-breath tank, a rudimentary torch used to melt through metal.

Abilities: Lockpicking, knowledge of magical locks & traps, 'blacksmithing'(welding), two-handed sword combat.

History: Born to a poor farmer in the south of Tediken he had anything but a sad childhood. Fun was key in the wide open fields of his own little world. This boyish enthusiasm lasted until he managed to save up the funds to travel north to the capital of Ithiry. He was mugged and pushed down a mountainside, breaking his leg. With no help, he managed to straighten his leg and fix a splint, still shocked that anyone could be so cruel. By the time he reached the capital his clothes were ragged, his leg nearing infection, and his mind feverish. The academy didn't believe his story and he was cast out. He passed out from the infection shortly, but woke up alive and in a bed. A thief had taken pity on him and taken him in. Not a street thief mind you, but a master of her craft, and had retired with a large sum of money which she used to buy a humble shack on the outskirts of the city. She helped him to live, and nursed him to health and taught him little skills like swordplay, lockpicking, and gave him her old contacts for assignments. Over the years he gained and lost much, the sword is a black-market item that he obtained in his travels from someone he took as a close friend, he suspects it originated in the western kingdom of Bulveria.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: OOC: The Kinslov rebellion
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:27 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

ok, I know it's been a while but this one seems well thought out so I'll bite.

Name(Full): Tarin Beckworth
Race: Human
Place of Birth: Tediken (the northern mountainous regions)
Allegence: she's allied to her village mostly and Tediken.

Hair: red, in large, long bunches
Eyes: green, large
Body: petite build
Face: heart shaped, she has thin lips.
Other: her hands and fingers are thin and delicate.

Armor/Garb: she wears black and white striped socks, ankle boots with a curly toe, a short dress which frills out at the skirt section of it, and a white blouse. the dress has shoulder straps, and the blouse is three quarter length. she wears leather finger-less gloves which various symbols embossed on them. her hair is tied with blue ribbons and she does have a typical Wise-Woman hat which resembles a witches hat but with a shorter point, the brim is rather wide. she wears only cloth armor, but this has been enchanted to be a bit more durable than normal linen or cotton. it can withstand light sword strokes, leaving a bruise beneath, but will not resist an arrow or a stronger sword stroke.

Weapon(s): she doesn't carry a weapon really, but she does have a herb gathering knife. her main form of defensive measure is through the spells she can cast. Her gloves we given as a gift by her grandmother and they can be enchanted to give them various properties, including elemental properties and healing properties.

Accessories:she carries with her a leather satchel in which she has various herb pouches and bottles of strange liquids. a small cauldron often accompanies her, as does her familiar (a small squirrel named Squig). she also carries a spell book, which is mostly blank.

Abilities: her book is empty but is slowly getting filled with spells she can use. she has a great knowledge of herbology and healing, as that was her training. she can use her gloves to manipulate elements (though only those immediately around her in the environment), this ability isn't developed far though as it require spells to activate from a largely empty spell book. so you can see where I'd take her development.

History: Tarin grew up in a small village in the foothills of the northern part of Tediken. Her mother died when she was 6 and her father was last seen being recruited to fight in the wars to the south. As such Tarin was raised by her Grandmother and apprenticed to Mother Lyla, the local Wise-Woman. being tutored in the ways of a Wise-Woman Tarin gained a good knowledge of the healing properties of herbs and soon became adept at applying them to treating all ailments that struck her village. the village was a small farming community, providing meat and grain for the south though the main income for the village was through forestry. She discovered a talent for magick at age 18 when, she was treating a neighbour who had had his legs crushed by a falling tree. the prognosis was that he'd live but not walk again. this man was someone who Tarin was to be married too and it pained her to think of a life without him working for an income, during this emotional struggle Tarin noticed white light glowing from her hands and was astonished to discover that somehow she had mended the broken legs of her beloved. It was when this was noticed by her Grandmother that she learned the truth of her heritage.
Her Grandmother was a witch and due to the fear felt by the locals she had been forced to hide that fact, instead living her life as a Wise-Woman. she didn't apprentice Tarin for fear of Tarin discovering her power. but now with Tarin exhibiting these tendencies too Grandmother decided it was time to pass on her skills to Tarin. However when she gave Tarin her book of spells a flash of light emitted from it and when they opened the book they found all the pages were empty bar one, which stated that
"now the book has changed hands, so the spells herein have changed. Seek your own power and fill the pages"
Tarin knew what her path now was, her grandmother gave her a pair of leather gloves and enchanted them to magnify the power Tarin had. When a spell was cast the gloves would glow with power and increase the effect of the spell.
In the two years since this revelation Tarin gained only control over fire and her spell book has gained a few spells, which suddenly appeared there when Tarin accomplished something. after her first successful Fire spell happened she was met by Squig, her red-squirrel familiar who acts as a guide but also companion. also during this time her beloved was called away to fight and so she stays at home waiting for his return, her studies largely forgotten (much to the annoyance of her grandmother).
one morning whilst walking through the nearby glades, Tarin noticed a scrap of paper, which had seemed to have been blown all the way from Avalon, asking for recruits to take back Kinslov from the rebels. Wondering if this is where he beloved was fighting Tarin has decided to travel to Coalset and find the person in charge in the Gull Tavern, to see if her can give her news of her beloved.

Edited to add: I hope you're careful with who you accept to the story my friend and also strict with the OOC comments in the RP thread...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: OOC: The Kinslov rebellion
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:14 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Sounds promising. I'll post a character bio later.

Quick question: Where is your charcter information, Zeratul? Will you be the general? Also, just for clarification, our characters are being recruited for the kingdom, right? Not for the rogue general? I just want to make sure I'm clear on everything before I jump into anything.

Offline Profile