Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 am

Post subject: OOC: Swords
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:54 am 
G.E.E.K.

This is based in an alternate Earth. Six years ago 9/11 didn't happen, instead, portals opened in the sky across the globe, swords fell from these portals. These swords, each unique in design, were picked up by average people. These people, now known as SwordSouls, gained amazing and unique abilities. These people now band together to face all who oppose them, including other SwordSouls. They face prejudice(sp?) and opposition from all sides.
Some swords may have fallen into unpopulated regions or heavily forested regions and have yet to be held by mortal hands.

In this RP you will be playing as a SwordSoul. Here is a basic outline of the Character Sheet;

Name: Character's name
Alignment: Good, Evil, or Neutral
Nationality: any Nation
Sword: Description of your unique sword
Ability: Description of your unique ability
Appearance: Description of you character
History: Your character's past

I'll post my character later.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:39 pm 
Celtic Defender

Ooooh. This one sounds cool. Mind if I give it a try? Just tell me no and I will leave you alone but here is my guy:

Name: Sigurd

Alignment: Evil

Look: Bright blue eyes and long brownish blonde hair which drops a little past his shoulders. Wide shoulders and chest. Stands 6'4". Muscled from lots of farm work. Wears a black t-shirt with a skull wearing a leprachaun hat on it. Carpenter style dark blue jeans.

Nationality: Norway ( A small island a short way north of the norweigan mainland, I forget the name but I will get back to you.)

Sword: A black hilt with a single ruby set in the top of it just before where the blade begins. The blade is of a dark grey metal. When moved under the light it flashes red. It is double edged and the blade 3.5 feet long. The handle is large enough to fit two large hands.

Ability: Might of the Master: Can make anyone or anything do his bidding for a short period of time. This includes dead bodies. It requires a lot of concentration but when used against multiple foes can be mighty. He can also still fight while controlling another.

*eats*

Last edited by Lumbajack on Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:57 pm 
Matrix Operator

Name: Jason

Alignment: Good

Nationality: Scottish

Sword: Crystal Sword of Light- Hilt and handle made of steel, the blade a single cut shard of clear crystal.

Ability: Manipulation of light: invisibility, lightbeam, etc.

Apearance: Black hair, gray eyes. Wears a black sweatshirt, blue jeans, and a T-shirt that reads "You're just jealous that the voices talk to me".

History: An independent and sometimes strange teenager, he never fit in well with his peers, and for years kept to himself, until the day a falling sword hit him on the head, and changed his life forever. He wonders about things that others take for granted, and has unique solutions to problems.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:01 pm 
Cererean Princess

Is this set just after the swords fell, or around this time. I'll edit my character if it's just after.

Name: Tobias
Alignment: Neutral Good (likes using his ability for mischief.)
Nationality: Anglo/American
Sword: Iridescent blade with an Iridescent crystal.
Ability: Butterfly effect (can make small changes to anything and using the butterfly effect do practically anything.)
Appearance: Dark hair, hazel eyes, tall, has a t-shirt depicting the archangel Michael stabbing Satan.
History: A bit of a loner, liked exploring. One day he went somewhere no-one else had been and found a sword. Picked it up the clear crystal turned iridescent as did the blade.

I was going to have Chaos but it was to powerful.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:56 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Name: Meian Glass

Alignment: Neutral

Nationality: American

Sword: Crystal Sword of Darkness. A hilt origionally made of wood, but modified to meet her needs. The hilt was burned after the crash that caused her blindness, but she made a new one by the light of her blade, but more of a spear/nunchuk thing though. The blade is nearly invisible, but when viewed vertically a violet-red blade is faintly seen, otherwise it is the faintest of smears in the shape of a four-sided large spear head.

Ability: She is blind, but can see through the her clear blade like a window. Other than the gift of sight that others so inadvertently take advantage of, she can cause blindness and distracting illusions in those she locks eyes with through her neigh-invisible blade, but this ability can also hamper her sometimes. Other than that, she shares the power to turn objects invisible with her brother Jason by cutting them with her blade which can only be undone by Jason's opposite sword.

Appearance: Blue eyes, turned violet with contacts that negate her powers, that way if she accidentally locks eyes with anyone, they aren't pummeled by random illusions. Mei's hair is shoulder-length and red, from her half-Scottish decent. Her garb consists of partially shaded glasses, a hoodie with a black tee shirt underneath and jeans.

History: Sister to Jason, though only by half, their father's side. They never were very close before they bumped into each other both invisible, yet visible only to each other, and discovered their sameness through the Swords that were granted them. Ever since then they have been looking for others like them, sometimes together, other times apart. Often times Meian finds that her brother has pity on her, and at these times tends to distance herself from him, other times he is very spacey thinking about ways to solve their problems, whatever they may be. It isn't a perfect sibling relationship, but it all works out in the end.

Yeah, finally done. If you feel like I need to change anything feel free to tell me, and I'll do my best.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:55 pm 
Matrix Operator

Will we start out apart, or what? I figure a good idea would be for the RP to start at an international conference set up by Dragon444's character.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:30 pm 
Celtic Defender

I changed my power a little bit.

*eats*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:40 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
I guess it's up to the creator, no one would start something like this without some sort of plan.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:53 am 
G.E.E.K.

@ Heavyman; Your idea is pretty good. I might use that.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:40 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

What idea is that, Dragon444?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:06 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
hey, is it too late to join......?

Name: Mayran
Alignment: neutral
Nationality: British
Sword: Dark forest green hilt with ribbons of lighter green running up it. The blade itself is a blue so dark it looks black until it gleams, which is when Mayran conjurs up her beings. The center of the blade is etched with strange syllables that are a faint silver, almost ghost like.

Ability: With enough focus she can conjur up creatures for short amounts of time, except for the first creature she conjured, it kinda looks like a tiny dragon, that one stays by her all the time, like a familiar.

Appearance:(very choppy, but descriptive enough i think) Slender. dark brown hair/shoulder length with light brown tannish skin. innocent looking. naiv'ish. large eyes. clothes: earth tones. dark brown pants and normally a pale green shirt with the saying 'shhh, the trees have ears'

History: family from india, but moved to england where she grew up. They were so busy with their jobs that Mayran basically grew up on her own, kinda turning inward. One day she went into the library after getting tired of sitting in a quiet house. There she became fascinated with fantasy. When she found the sword in the middle of the woods she normally walks through to get away from her silent home she felt she had been thrown into one of the fantasies she had always read about.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Last edited by wut2say on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:29 am 
Cererean Princess

So it's six years after?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:27 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
i edited mine so it's done.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:31 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Location: I live on Kadora, the third planet from the sun, Andrem.
YADA!!! There are only five characters! One more spot left for me!!

Name: Elin

Alignment: Completely Neutral. I use my sword for however I wish

Nationality: Irish, through and thorugh

Sword: The sword appeared in front of my feet as I was coming home from my boring job. I picked it up, took it home, and stored it. It wasn't until I found out about my powers that I actually used it at all. This took a while, so I'm coming in a little late, LOL! Anyway, I have named the sword Alkin. It is a double-sided sword, both sides sharper than obsidian, and can cut the the toughest metal easily. One side is a bright, shining silver, the other side a black, shiny metal. The handle is crystalline, with the four main gems paced at strategic points around the hilt.

Ability: Basically, control over illusions, light, and darkness.

Appearance: I am a slim, tall woman, with average measurements. My eyes are a silvery-green, and I have long, slightly wiry strawberry blonde hair. My choice of dress has also been a little strange to my co-workers, but I always wear a long flowy skirt, a cute blouse, and a wide belt.

History: Not much, grew up in a large Irish family, learned everything Irish, wanted a great job, but wasn't able to produce the money to get the education. So, I got stuck in a cubicle job, which bores the living daylights out of me every day. Until I found the sword. Then I played around with it for a while, sometimes believing it, sometimes not. Now that I'm sure of my power, and my sword, I'm on a quest to find the source of it, at whatever cost, and see how the sword and it's source can help me find a better life.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:28 am 
I am editing my power to only include dead bodies of anything. I didn't like how powerful it made me feel to control anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Location: I live on Kadora, the third planet from the sun, Andrem.
Where's the roleplay?? I only see the OOC forum!!!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:20 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Sorry Jenu, but you're SUPPOSED to make the OOC first, then when you feel like enough characters have joined, THEN you make the Rp. Really, why don't you read the rules before getting on people's cases. No offense, but it would clear up a few things.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:26 pm 
Matrix Operator

So we've got six people now, that should be enough to begin. Others can join as we go along. That just leaves the thorny part of where to begin.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:56 am 
G.E.E.K.

Sorry Heavyman I meant Falconer. :oops:
I think an NPC will call the gathering, most likely somewhere in D.C.

Here's my character
Name: Brandon Adler
Alignment: neutral
Nationality: American (U.S.)
Sword: About 1 Meter long and a foot wide. It's hilt is black and the cross gaurd is plain
Ability: He can create a flaming aura around himself, during which his strength is doubled.
Appearance: six and a half feet tall, he's bald, he has blue eyes, a tattoo on his left forearm. He wears a white tank top and blue cargo jeans.
History: He was raised in France and came to the U.S. at the age of 15, when the swords fell, he was one of the first to grab one in his home town.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:26 pm 
Matrix Operator

Oh okay. :lol: Was wondering what idea you were referring to.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:55 am 
G.E.E.K.

I'll start it now so check in as soon as you can.

Offline Profile