It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 pm

Do you like this RP idea?
yes 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
no 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Galactic
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:52 pm 
G.E.E.K.

O.K. This new RP is based in the same galaxy as 5003. Only this takes place about 2000 years later. There have been new advancements in technology and newly discovered planets and species. Most worlds are inhabited and all intelligent species have a representative in the Intergalactic Alliance (I.A.). Here are the planets and their species if they have one. I will try to describe them in as much detail as possible.

Earth: Polution has melted the ice caps and has flooded over half the world, refugees seeking living space are accomidated in new skyrise buildings. These buildings are now covering ALL land and are completely filled with species of all races. People who are of low value rarely leav the planet and stay in the lowest levels of the city.
Twi (pronounced like the beginning of twilight): A heavily forested planet and is inhabited by what appear to be inteligent beings that look like humans with insectoid exoskeletons, with wings. This planet also has weaker gravity than Earth but humans will be able to walk along the surface without consequences. Plant life here has an extremely fast growth rate, explorers have seen the giant beasts that roam the planet crush entire feilds of trees just to have them grow back within a matter of seconds.
Leeday: A planet with odd temperate regions. There are two landmasses that split the planet in half, making the Eastern and Western Hemispheres. Then each landmass is cut into half by a desert that runs the entire length of the equator where temperatures reach a scorching 150 degrees ferinheit. The poles of this planet are extremely cold and are completely uninhabited. These two boundries, the ociens and the desert have created four very unique sections, only one of which holds inteligent life. This species here have dubbed themselves the Durans, they look like centaurs with four arms, but are completely hairless. They fear the water and somehow live without it. Water on this planet is a clear green although its atomic structere is identicle to Earth's, as is the microscopic life.
Hynell: An aquatic world littered with islands. Some plants that resemble trees have hollow fruits that contain fresh water instead of the salty ocean water. Some of the ocean life here is as large as some of the skyscrapers on earth. The inteligent species here is newly discovered, the Aquadacts have webbed feet and hands, gills behind their ears, and have a single fin running down their back, there skin is ussualy blue but there have been reported cases of red and green.
Xell: This panet has earned it's title as the most unstable planet in the galaxy, as it is only a molten core surrounded by billions of asteroids. These chunks of rock are layered and held in place by each others gravity. There are approximately 50 layers, the lowest of which (closest to core) are uninhabitable by any life due to extreme temperatures. The highest layers (farthest from core) are lacking atmosphere. The intelligent species here is the Helvians. Just as odd as their homeworld, the Helvians look human in many respects but have two horns, feathered wings, and fleshy tails.
Tramaish: A world olmost twice the size of Earth. Home of the galixies largest trees, over 124 miles tall. These trees are seperated by at least 12 miles in all directions. The native species uses these trees for colonies. The native species here are human in shape, but are completely feathered, have wings, and are axtremely inteligent (capable of learning any language in a matter of hours)
Banjai: A lush forest world filled with fruits, vegetables, and dangerous plantlife. All water here is located in lakes that are scattered throughout the forest. The species here are humanoid (with exoskeleton), without wings, and have blades jointed on their wrists. They use these blades to fight and harvest.
Parllimmia: A giant desert world littered with tunnels and caverns, that are suitable for life. During the day, surface temperatures can reach over 985 degrees farenheit. At night the surface is safe to walk on. Days here ar egual to 13 Earth days. The surface is made up of a flame resistant material known as dragonscale. The intelligent species here are humanoid scorpions. They have a single hive mind, are very hostile, and only surface at night. Contact with these creatures is not advised.
Malrune: This planet has five suns and one our of night. A gas planet with a very stable atmosphere, cities here are built on floating platforms. There is no native inteligent species here.
Zalor: A rapidly changing world. No map of this world is accurate fo more than a month. The species here are as quickly changing as their world. They can shape and mold their genetic structure with a single thought, making them the most versatile species in the galaxy.
Horakor: Aworld where night temperature reach -97 degrees farenheit. Creatures here are heavily furred and stay in caves at night. This planet has no native inteligent species.
KimDos: Planet with a single landmass. this landmass has extensive cave systems, and a large volcano at the center. The native species here is, in fact, for distinct specise grouped under a single name. The Furies (singular Furi) are an odd group. The first species (known as the Wind Furies) are almost invisable, have a human shape, and can fly without wings. The second (known as the Fire Furies) are, put simply, fire in a human shape. The third (known as the Nature Furies) are technicly golems, living humanoids made out of rock and dirt. The fourth (known as the Water Furies) are water trapped inside a clear Human shaped membrand.
Kumnara: A world that is about 43 times the age of Earth. The native inteligent species here is very peaceful and takes pride in the past. The native species here are short (approximately 3' average) and live long lives. They are immune to all diseases and shun all who enjoy fighting.
Dumrai: A planet covered in lush jungle growth. The surface is filled withe dangerous creatures and all inteligent species live in the thousands of valleys that mark this world.
Shomnay: The sister planet of Tomnay. This planet is in an eternal eclipse due to Tomnay, thus earning it the midnight planet. All plant and animal life require no sunlight. The native inteligent species here are nocturnal and call Shomnay the blue sun. They are primitave and are friendly. They look like humanoid dogs.
Tomnay: The sister planet of Shomnar. This planet has been blocking the sunlight from Shomnay forever. This planet is hostile in every meaning of the word. The plantlife even attacks anything that gets near. This planet has no intelligent species. Coming to this planet is not recomended.
Geyron: World with extremely dangerous surface. Indiginous species here are mentally unstable and attack anything nearby. There is no inteligent species here.

A player may play as any inteligent species except the Furies and the Zalorians. If a player is a Banjain they do not need weapons, and if a player chooses to be a Kumnaran, they cannot use weapons. There are no mix breeds, no magic, and no dragons.

A friend and I are still working on planets, and, if I think the planet is not worth putting into this RP, I won't. Three planets are not listed in the above section due to them being inhospitable or currently nameless. When my friend and I come up with a planet that we deem fit, I will post it on this OOC area, so check back often.

This RP will be freeform, do anything you wish that is within the guidlines set by Tempest and the above stated guidelines. Do not kill any other players.

Enjoy the galaxy that YOU will soon be entering.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:45 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

I voted no, and I'll tell you why. I think that having that many planets will prove to be too confusing for people. to try and remember all the names and what they're like while still writing an interesting rp will cause problems.

a different way of doing it, if you want all these species to be available, would be to have it on one planet which is a melting pot. at the start you'll need your rp'ers to interact to get a plot moving along. if everyone is light years apart it will be solo rping until some event brings them together.

if they are together at the start then you can chose to keep the action in one place or move it one of the many planets you've described.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:02 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I agree with Fyre on this. It's to confusing the way you have it set up, try to simplify it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:04 pm 
The king of kings

Location: in my house on the internet.....what a useless question
I feel sorry for dragon 444 everyone has Pwn3d his idea.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:14 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

It isn't pwning as much as it is constructive criticism. It's a pretty good idea, but just like anything in this work, there are flaws. Dragon is actually lucky because his is fairly easy to fix.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:52 pm 
Cererean Princess

Cut out the planets that can't be in a single system bu please keep Tramaish.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:35 am 
G.E.E.K.

I could cut some planets or add a storyline, but both will be hard to put into effect.

The storyline will be hard because I'm also writing a book in this galaxy (If it gets published, you'll rcognize it's mine because it has the names of every RP character I've used here).

And I personally don't want to cut any worlds from here. I've been working on these worlds for over 3 years.

Oh, yeah, the Rein Project that was the focal point of "5003" has now been deactivated by the I.A.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:32 pm 
Cererean Princess

You can have a lot of planets in a system. The gas giant can be in there and the inhospitable ones next to the star.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:11 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Dragonrider, sorry. I know this galaxy is huge, but it's still not as big as the StarWars universe. You should be glad that I only have 26 planets. They have over 130.

Any way, why do you like Tramaish so much. All of my friends in my town like the planets Twi, Xell, KimDos, and a nameless world that's not on the list I provided.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:18 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

I wish you luck with publishing, let us know how it goes.

if you're planning on using this rp to get material though you have to be careful as to who owns what characters etc...other then that good luck.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:05 pm 
Matrix Operator

I don't get it- is this RP actually here as a normal RP or is this just an idea you're going to use somewhere?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:11 pm 
Cererean Princess

Big trees. feathered, wings... why else?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:21 pm 
Matrix Operator

Was that a yes or a no?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:14 pm 
Cererean Princess

Combine Tramaish and Twi.

Offline Profile