Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:07 am

Post subject: post character biographies here!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:03 pm 
British Redcoat

ok, i'll go first

name - Romula
gender - fae
age - 19
species - Ra'tua
hair - black
eyes - blue
fur (feline) - tan
fur (tapir) - black n' white

history -

romula was the last born before her home town was destroyed. she moved to Othera *(c) me*. from there she learned of 2 things.
1. she lived on Amnutar *a planet (c) me*
2. they were nearly extinct

now she travels in a space ship, trying to figuire out why she is the last of her kind

love life -
she don't yiff (nor do i when i rpg her)
she don't 'ave a mate, she's too aggresive
don't bother (for idiots on Furcadia)

i'm done.
join in!

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:55 pm 
Master Old Dragon

<center><b>+ Silver - Orbs +
(and any other n00b who wanders in here)</b></center>
Please remember while reading the following that if you do it, you are likely to be better off in the long run.

If you are a newbie who has never done serious RPG before, you should not start your own threads. <b>No amount of explaining is going to teach you how to properly play Dungeon Master to a thread, you need to join one first. </b>Try and find one with an experienced DM; joining another n00b thread isn't going to help much.

There are people out there who have participated in RPG's for a long time who don't even feel they are up to the task of DMing one, so I have little faith in a newbie unless they are the supreme creator of RPG video games and/or have been DMing D&D for the past 12 years. Having a best selling novel in the Fantasy/Science Fiction genre might help convince me as well. Otherwise, my advice to every newbie who sees the "new post" button in the RPG section is just to run away.

My point: Posting a character profile is not enough to start a valid RPG.

Perhaps you might try asking to join someone else's first, this way you will learn how the RPG's work around here. I'm pretty sure you don't know all of our rules yet, as the RPG guidelines have yet to be posted. Almost all of the RPG's here are open to everyone, you just have to ask first and make sure its okay that you jump in.

If all you merely wanted to do is to show everyone your character, you should have posted that in the Introduction Forum.

I really didn't mean to jump on you, <b>+ Silver - Orbs +</b>, you just happened to be the n00b that broke the camel's back. I hope you can take this advice to heart and don't think I'm yelling at you. I'd also like you to know that you have further inspired me (along with a few other newbies) to work on two things:
  • a forum/thread with a template for character introductions
  • a post for newbies to read about RPGing here and maybe even training outside the battle arena.

I had started working on these before, but was sidetracked by other things. Now I have realized that we need these right now.

I'm sorry again that you were the hapless n00b whose thread this had to be put in.

Thanks for reading,

~Sarina

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:29 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

I echo Serenity's words about DMing. I've been with this place in all its forms, for three years and have taken part in many threas but every one i've tried to start has fallen flat on its face, so i don't bother anymore. it's not an easy job keeping a story going.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:08 pm 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

Also, for some reason alot of people dont apreciate the name nOOb.....not sure why but everyone adresses that as a derogatory coment. But yea it would be cool to have a section in the introductory forum for the characters and history so it could be somewhat of a referance point. Good thought, wrong section lol. But dont worry, we were all nOObs at one point. Oh and bye the way I still NEVER DM anymore. It's too much work and im lazy. hahaha

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:06 pm 
British Redcoat

actually i rpg a lot

1. at school
2. at home
3. on neopets
4. on Furcadia

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: You What-?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:26 pm 
The Forestmaster

Neopets??

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:48 pm 
Tightwad

on NEOPETS?! wiiith 10 year olds? thats not serious rpging, thats just like playing house! :roll: I'll consent, if you play Dungeons and Dragons (thank you Gary Gygax!) theeeeeen thats real RPGing. Otherwise, just try to put more description and involvement into your character.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:34 pm 
Master Old Dragon

<center><b> + Silver - Orbs +</b></center>
<i>Serious</i>. <i>Serious</i> was the key word in that sentence.

Chalgrish is correct. Websites where the average player is about 9 years old does not constitute as serious RPG (though I think it gives us a fair estimate on <i>your</i> age). And sitting at home playing “make believeâ€￾ with the costume box doesn’t count either. People who go to Anime conventions and do Cosplay are <i>not</i> considered revered RPGers, neither are people who find it necessary to dress up like their school mascot.

I can see most obviously that you still don’t have an idea as to how the Role Playing here goes. I know because, if you had read the OOC posts like you were supposed to before you post <i>anywhere</i> in the RPG forum, you would have seen that no one is allowed in the Battle Arena without one of the judge’s consent. I suggest you don’t post in there again, or risk getting banned from my threads like the last n00b who didn’t use his head.

Lucky for all of us, Tempest should be putting up the guidelines again soon (I helped refurbish them just last night, so hopefully today will be the day!! *crosses her fingers*).

Last edited by Serenity on Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:37 pm 
Tightwad

*cough* Malchios *cough :roll:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:13 am 
Master Old Dragon

Tempest is puting the guidlines back up? I was going to attempt to rewrite the old RP guide that he once had a link to, throwing in a bit of some of my witty humor of course. I'd be willing to do it and take a task of Tempests hands for him, if he wants.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:02 pm 
British Redcoat

actually most of them are highly literate with good descriptions :D

and...not all of them are young. i know a fair few who are 20+

and this is <b> NOT </b> an RPG thread, this is where people can post character biographies to tell others of their character/history.

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:50 pm 
Master Old Dragon

<center><b>Alorith</b></center>
Actually Alorith, that's what I did for him the other day, though without the witty humor, he tends to be picky about the steadfastness of the rules...lol. I just edited and coded them for him. He insists now that he has to look them over more than once to make sure they are perfect and then he'll post them up. But I do have another idea for something you could do like that. I'll PM you about it!

<center><b>+ Silver - Orbs +</b></center>
And + Silver - Orbs +, I only remember seeing one literate 12 year old that I had any respect for in my whole 7 year career of RPGing. At the time, I was 14. Meaning: I highly doubt that this is true from our perspective, though it may be from yours. Also, if there are 20+ year olds on NeoPets doing RPG, I really think you should inform someone, or at least watch out for yourself. Most people that old on a children's site arn't looking to play the games.

Also, when the RPG rules get posted up, please read them. It will help you understand things more, at a basic level at the least. For instance, the reason we don't really need a thread like this, about keeping threads in their proper place, and how you need to explain the purpose of your threads in the RPG forums so as to avoid any confusion.

Thank you for being patient and listening. :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:54 pm 
Tightwad

I'd like to add to that. Many kids think that they can get away with "augmenting" their age on websites. most of those are probably 10 year olds trying to act mature.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:59 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

I have to agree with Chalgrish here. Many, many, many times I've completly buried someone in an arguement, with their eventual only comeback being 'You're just a kid, I'm 30 (and it's always 30, when you're arguing) hence I win!' and I'm always inclined to inform that either they're a very stupid 30 year old or they are, in fact, 12 years old.

Stupid and easily impressed people tend to think that being older lends weight to the things that they do. I would be very suspicious of anyone over 15 claiming to be an active Neopets user, though I know it is wrong to generalise a whole on-line community.

But also I have to point out that 'highly literate with good descriptions' on a Neopets RP thread normally consists of more than 10 unabreviated words with more than 5 letters that come together to form more than 7 lines of some lunacris dribble that has next to nothing to do with the previous post unless replying to speech. My Brother used to RP on Neopoets and he... doesn't anymore. Enough said. lol.

ALL HAIL SCROWL!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:12 am 
wow
*scoffs the ground*
i actually used to play on neopets......when I was 15....and I was bored in life i swear!
*cries in shame*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:23 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

i used to neopet. i beleive when i was... umm... i dunno. i never RP'd persay, i just, got pets, played games, and fed the little bastards. now i don't. because they were always hungry and my computer is too slow to do the games well. hope you enjoyed this look into the life of Draches. Elise, keep your mouth shut.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:03 pm 
British Redcoat

ok ok!
but to confirm this is in the rules a bit...
this is a place to share character backgrounds
or biographies, take ya pick

serenity - i only even do dragon rpgs so i reckon i might be safe but still...*eyes site warily*

oh! my mum's friend goes on there! she's 45! haha! i have seen her personally! :D

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:46 pm 
Sword Master

Location: In my room talking to random people i really dont know but talk too anyay!!
My mums 42 But she still goes on neopets and my brother hes 15 he plays on it too??? But i hate it theres nothing fun!!!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:10 am 
The Broken One

hey hey hey! now hold on here people! i think you are being highly unkind to Silver! she was just trying to post a simple topic and even after she apologizes and explains her actions, you STILL bash on her! i'm sorry but that's just rude!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:21 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

hey guys, this thread was a couple months old when you responded, and that would constitute Necromancing (bringing back a dead thread). Wouldn't want you to get in trouble for something as trivial as necromancing, so in the future kinda pay attention to the date of the last post in a thread. Ok?

I just don't want Tempest or Serenity getting on your tails.

They're quite aware of what they're going through"
--- David Bowie

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:22 pm 
The Broken One

what's wrong with typing on old threads? if they're still available then we should still be allowed to respond to them

Offline Profile