Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

Post subject: The Battle of Castria (revamp)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:55 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Well, gotten alot of requests to bring this one back, so let's say we try it again. Would have restarted it sooner, but I joined the Army this past summer and just got home from training, so yeah.

The city of Castria, oldest of all cities, prosperous port town, largest city down the coast line, a city called home by all the goodly races. Home to hundreds of thousands of people who believe that their city is the safest place in all the world, that it could never be attacked by land or see. That same arrogance will be their down fall.

For the past 30 years a siege on the city has been waged. Two beings are behind this four and a half decade war. The first being Kathrie Garrett a lich of unspeakable horrendous power, with massive legions of undead at her command. The next is Rehk Stonehand an orc warlord, the first in known history to successfully unite all the orc tribes living both on the surface, and below. When the two now allied a truly monstrous war began.

Their first target was Castria. The two figured that if the port of Castria could be taken then the world would fall before them. They just didn't account on one thing, the city's Archwizard Darthedis Garrett sensing the great magical essence of his long dead sister returning to the mortal plane. With the knowledge that his sister had returned he left the city with a small group of it's elite soldiers to check her tomb. To his utter dismay it was indeed empty.

Soon after his return rumors of sightings of the legions of undead and orcs and begun to arrive at the city followed soon after by the survivors of fallen towns nearby. The city sent out 300 of it's guard to try and properly gauge the size of the force arrayed against them, only 5 returned. The city put up a call to arms for every able bodied man to help with the defense of the city. They estimated that they would have a minimum of 4 weeks to prepare the cities defenses.

Every minute of those four weeks were used to prepare everything they could. New bastila and catapaults were built, the crews were trained to move as quickly and efficantly as possible. Soldiers were recruited and trained, wizards were trained on how to use swords, but only in a last ditch effort. The navy trained and retrained all their ships to be able to provide sea based artillery fire and if worse came to worse, fire on the very city they defended until not a building was left standing.

In one months time the city of Castria changed from a peaceful and prosperous port city into one huge military machine.

Nearly three decades later, the unrelenting undead and orc hordes still attempt to take the city. After 30 years of war the unrelenting hordes now control five city districts, another six lay in ruin. Thousands of bodies litter the streets, orcs, undead, humans, elves and dwarves, only to be resurrected later by the lich queen Kathrie whe she finally enters the city.

A call has gone out to the soldiers. Warriors brave enough to go deep through enemy lines and destroy Rehk and Kathrie.

Alright well let's hope this can take off a litte better than it did last time. I know it was a sever lacking on my part, but hey i was kinda joining the Army. Anyways I'm gonna be a little bit more loose on the characters for this one, but all the older people here know what I expect.

I'll probably put my character up by the end of the week, right now bed.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:33 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
i'm in, i'll have to find my bio for this character, i'm sure i can find her. but i'm definitely in.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:04 pm 
Silver sorceress

found her! i changed her a little bit though.

name(not very fancy):Mary Ann
Race:Half elf
class:Mage

Physical Description:
hair:silver
eyes:ice blue
skin:pale
build:reedy

Clothes: Loose tunic (green), knee high boots with inner straps to hold her daggers, belt with slots on the inside to hold throwing spears. brown cover skirt over creamy coloured pants tucked into her boots.

Weapons:quarter staff, knives in boots, a few throwing spears hidden in her belt

Armor:magic enhanced cloak

Magic:can control some elements (fire, void, working on water)

Animal companion:Fire lizard

History:She was raised by rangers after she was found alone in the wilderness. no one knows who her real parents are or what happened to them. when she was young it was discovered that she could makes shapes out of fire. when she was 10 she visited a near by mage who kindled her thirst for magic and taught her how to coax elements into doing her bidding. as she approached 16 she learned how to control her fire and discovered that she could open and close gateways to the void. when she heard of what was happening at Castria she left her home to go and help how she could.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:47 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

found my character.

I chose a human Mage.

Name: Xander
Class:Mage
Race:Human

Phyical Description:
hair: Moon Silver
eyes: grey
skin: pale (on a dark night looks undead)
build:light

Weapons:
a short sword, which he can enchant.

Armor:
Light robes

Magic:
Xander's main magick is that of summoning. infact he doesn't summon creatures to do his bidding, but with the aid of his familiar he can summon mythical creatures to his side. His familiar is a hovering, glowing orb which talks to him through telepathy. it changes colour when danger is nearby (kinda like sting in LOTR). When Xander casts a summoning spell what he infact does is transform his Familiar (named Orb) into a mythical creature.

Summons:
Emporer Tiger ( a fire beast)
Holy Unicorn (holy)
Onyx Giant (Earth)
Leviathan (water)
Sprite (air)

History:
Xander was trained in a far off school but felt he needed adventure. little did he know that adventure would come knocking at his door. when he just 18 his parents were killed. grieved by this he plunged himself into his studies and concentrated on the archaic arts of the summoner. as his power increased his hair became white and when he finally mastered the basic spells his familiar presented itself to him. his life long companion, Orb, and he ventured south to the city of Castria to aid the war effort.

is this ok? it can be changed.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:04 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Of course your both approved, sorry for letting the original thread stagnate and die like it did, i promise this one wont.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:07 am 

no problem, things like that happen, life gets in the way and is often more important.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:48 am 
Silver sorceress

no harm done. i kinda missed it so i'm glad its coming back. we seemed to be doing really well.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:51 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Mind if I join? I got a bio ready, If it needs changing Just pm me and WE can work out the kinks. If I can't jin. Oh weel, theres other rps :P

name:Krader Faust
Race:Elfish
class:Mage(Elementalist)

Physical Description:
hair:Vaires depending on how he dyed it. Natural is Red.
eyes:Green
skin:fair
build:lanky

Clothes:Dark grey simple shirt, covered by black vest. Dark blue cloak with silver star and mon patern. Dargrey trousers

Weapons:Hooked Staff, Dirk for closer ranges

Armor: Earthen sheild

Magic:Some control over most elements, but is drained very quickly.

Animal companion:None.

History:Had a happy childhood, but left his homw during his adolecent years to study the ways of nature. there he learned the ways of the elementalist but has yet to mature enough to use the powerful form of magic for extended periods. He tried to sneak into the city, but weas maimed after detection and has a limp. He tends not to say much unless his emotions are sturred do to his long time alone.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:27 pm 

hmm, Switchblad, maybe there could be a limit on the number of the same class we play as?

if we have too many mages for example, then I'll change Xander into a priest or something (I play a priest in WoW so I know how it goes!)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:39 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

I think I'm gonna limit it to 2 mages, and only maybe 6 or 7 PC's total.

So the first 2 mages get it, Xander and Mary Ann.

Now I'm gonna change it up just a bit this time around Fyre. I'm not gonna have a PC for the good guys this time around, but all the NPC's will be mine. My PC will be the antognist for my little story this go around.

Now I'm trying to get Exx in on this one too, hopefully he'll get off his duff and come around.

Sorry bel, your still welcome in, just gotta rethink your character a little bit.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:11 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hmmm your idea sounds interesting. I would really like to be a part of this. Heres my character!

name(not very fancy): Devon Thult
Race: Human
class: Warrior

Physical Description:
hair: Black, short cut
eyes: Light brown
skin: tanned
build: muscular, 5' 10", around 190lbs.

Clothes: low cut black boots, green pants, a black tunic and a green cloak strung over his shoulders.

Weapons: Two longswords, one normal and the other, named Cutter, with its blade enchanted for cutting strength. This allows it to cut through most anything.

Armor: Plate mail leggings covering his shins, calves, and thighs. A light breast plate over his upper body.

Magic: None, other than his enchanted blade.

Animal companion: None

History: Devon was born in the far south, and as a boy born to a family of soldiers, learned the art of combat at a young age. His father and Uncle, the ones who mainly trained the young man taught him to stay fast to his principals and to always help his fellow man when in need. After his training was completed he set out travelling north to try and make his own life.He spent his time guarding caravans, selling himself as a hired soldier, and trecking out on his own from time to time. shortly after his 23rd birthday, he learned of the ongoing seige against the port city of Castria and the evil forces allied against it. A seige that had been going on for many decades. Finally he decided that as a protector of humans, not only in and near his hometown, but everywhere in this land, he had to travel there and make an effort to help against those combined forcs of the Lich and the Orc King.

Hope thats good enough. If not, just let me know what you dont like and I can change it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:21 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

No problem. I have an class in backup :P

name:Krader Faust
Race:Elfish
class:Rouge

Physical Description:
hair:Vaires depending on how he dyed it. Natural is Red.
eyes:Green
skin:fair
build:lanky

Clothes:Dark grey simple shirt, covered by black vest. Dark blue cloak with silver star and mon patern. Dark grey trousers

Weapons:Rapier.

Armor: Chainmail under shirt

Skills: Lockpick, Quiet Movement, Sneak attack , pick pocket

Animal companion:None.

History:Had a happy childhood, but left his home during his adolecent years but fell in with the wrong crowd, learning the ways of th theif. He tried to sneak into the city, but weas maimed after detection and has a limp. He tends not to say much unless his emotions are sturred do to his long time alone.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:19 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

looks good bel and mystic, now just a few more and we can get this under way again.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:59 pm 

name:Kara Mill
Race:Elf
class:Thief

Physical Description:
hair:Light brown
eye:Blue
skin:Pale
build:tall and thin

Clothes:Black shirt and black trousers, has black fabic wrapped in a zig zag way up her arms. Has plain black boots.

Weapons:Throwing Knives hidden in boots and daggers strapped to arms by black fabric. Has crossbow and bolts strapped on back but this is rarely used.

History:Has been a thief her whole life and knows nothing different. When she was little she was tought to picfkpocket by the group she was in. As she grew older she moved onto more advanced forms of stealing like breaking into peoples houses. Rarely makes friends outside of the group she grew up with but the few she does have she is very close nto.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:33 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

looks good akira, your approved.

now if we can just get one or two more people then we'll be good.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:46 pm 
Silver sorceress

hey mystic, random question....did you use my bio for your set up, cause you have the whole (not very fancy) thing when your character's name is anything but not fancy. no worries, just wondering.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:19 pm 

I'm in...again, just give me a min.

Name: Jadrian
Race: Human

Dark haired, Green eyes, Wears a long cloak, and underneath, a tunic and britches. He talks often, though if you can understand him, your either a NOrthlander, or are familiar with their accent.

Weapons; A claymore, a buckler, a dirk, and a Sgian Dru....(not sure if i spelled that right, so...I'll explain...it's a small skinning knife, not very deadly...but easy to hide.)

Armor; the buckler, and a small metal cap, very ordinary, but there's something odd about it...

History: Raised in the Northlands, he was bron as a clan cheftain's son. Instead of accepting the rule, he instead decided to quest, and aid those who needed it.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:50 pm 
Silver sorceress

Yes, we shall be born again.........

do you know when you are going to start switchblade?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:39 am 
Cererean Princess

Name: Elildail
Race: Elf
Class: Archer/Mage

Physical Description
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Light
Build: Slender and tall

Weapons
Long Range: Bow
Short Range: Enchanted Daggers capable of bringing down the undead

Armor: Leather underneath her clothes. She relies more on her swiftness in battle.

History: Born in a wood, she traveled around for a bit in the land. She was in Castria when they were attacked by the undead.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:40 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

just waitin for exx to post his character and we'll get this under way.

i'm sorry dragon rider but your gonna have to elaborate a little bit.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:43 pm 
Silver sorceress

ok then, my patience mode is on....

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:59 pm 

Somehow I dont think Exx is interested, or he hasnt heard of this ^^'

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:03 pm 
Silver sorceress

do we have a way to get a hold of Exx? or should we start and have him join in, i hate to do that, but if we dont start we'll die before we begin.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:31 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

If it's not too late, mind if I jump in? I don't know how I missed it, but this looks like an amazing story idea.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:45 pm 
Silver sorceress

I'm sure nobody will mind (if they do, i'll make sure you make it out with at least your head).....and we havent quite started yet.

Offline Profile