It sucks and will never work 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It's ok..but I wouldn't join it 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Original. I'd try it 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Very cool! Count me in. 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Sikyr, the land of imagination
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:00 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

This is an rp for those with good imaginations - because we're making the story up as we go along!

Setting: an Earth-like planet called Sikyr (pronounced sih-KEER)
-4 continents: Aura, Baron, Terra, and Zefr
-one big ocean: Lamar
-3 major empires and one lost empire (one per continent, w/ same name, Zefr is lost empire *but no one knows why*)

Races:
-Aviums=about 4' to 5' tall humanoid with golden down feathers covering their bodies and huge white wings that enable them to soar and glide, but not fly in the literal sense. very spiritual. have holy temple on Mt. Rayntak in Auran Empire (Aura)
-Lithus=like humans, but with pointed ears and mental abilities (telekinesis, -pathy, -portation over small distances, empathy, lie detector). about 5' to 6', they have any color (literally) of hair and eyes and have slightly purple skin (Terra)
-Kilrots=very war-like people who do not appreciate outsiders and are prone to shoot first, talk later. about 7' to 8' tall, very muscular, brown skin with black hair and dark eyes. (Baron)
-Mirdhes=about normal human heights, they are wanderers and claim no alliegance to any empires. some are merchants, but most move from place to place finding work where they go. they are the only outsider race allowed in the capitol city of Baron because they are considered too pathetic and weak to challenge the Kilrots (but it's mostly a sham. many Mirdhes have found glory and honor in battle and in war simulations)

all of these races have subsects and clans that they are extremely loyal to

Rules for characters:
1-you MUST live in the empire that is designated your race, unless you are a Mirdhe. you may travel to other empires, but no settling there
2-no magical powers. sorry, but this is scifi, not fantasy.
3-the level of technology is different for each empire, but the basic age is the early medieval times (although some relics of the lost empire of Zefr have been found that look curiously futuristic, even by human standards)
4-no killing other characters! you may fight or hold a battle of honor, but no killing off other people (with some exception, listed below)
5-if anyone wishes to leave the rp, then they should pm me and have their char killed in an enemy raid. there will be a proper funeral according to their race.
6-Zefr is open to the public, although it is said to be haunted, so watch out for "ghosts" of past ages (we can build on this later)
7-no more than three chars of each race. remember that Kilrots are hostile, but there are always exceptions to the rules.

Character Name:
Race/Empire:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio (keep it short):
Other:

*if anyone is getting the hint, we may be making a trip to Zefr during this rp and it might be an adventure worth taking our time on.

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Last edited by dragonfly on Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:15 pm 
Godsin Queen

It's a good start, but you'd still need more of an explaination of your races, and more of them wouldn't hurt either.
The only thing with making a story up as you go is that not many people are into that. Most poeple like to have some sort of plot to go by. Trust me, I've had many a Rp that were total flops because no one wanted to join roll plays that didn't have some sort of story to them. Of course I know a way to give it a sorta story line that doesn't have any spasific thing going on. You could still give it a kind of them with some sort of goal, and still make the the rest of it up as you go. How does that sound?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:36 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

awesome. i'd appreciate any advice cuz i truthfully am making the rules up as i go
and i was planning to add more races later, but the bell rang, so I'll edit the post and add my char too
but i'll wait for your input

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:54 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

never mind i edited it, but i can still add stuff if you think i should.
Zefr may take up a while, but we'll see

btw, anyone who doesn't like not having a set goal should probably not join this, but dont spam up the topic by shouting your disapproval. just vote, post your reason, and get out (not to seem rude, but some people are VERY influenced by peer pressure, and we want everyone to make their own decisions)
going the other way, nobody advertise this all over the site. I dont want the mods on my back, cuz it will come back to me.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:12 am 
Cererean Princess

Aviums technically should have hollow bones to make them lighter so I'm factoring that in. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Race: Avium
Name: Meretium
Description: 5'3 (tall for an Avium), blue eyes, weighs 3.5 stone,
Personality: Solitary, loves flying, hates being on the ground, If he ses something wrong he will try to fix it, hates seeing evil,

Last edited by Corva on Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:17 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

Name: Mira
Race/Empire: Lithu/Terra
Height/Weight: 5'7/115
Appearance: striking blue-purple hair, same color eyes, tall, slim, and strong, hair swept back in ponytail, tight hooded tunic (green), grey pants, black knee-high boots
Personality: "steel magnolia" - seemingly laid back and weak, but actually very strong and outgoing.
Bio: grew up with loving parents, moved out at 19, lives by herself with a pet cat-like creature called a kishnay, lots of friends that she helped so she can ask favors from
Other: age 21, has a double-edged axe in relatively good condition

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:52 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Location: Inside your head, slowly chowing down on your puny brain. Not exactly an all-you-can eat buffet.
Gotta get in on this D-fly! So excited!!!

Name: Kumé (pronounced koo-may)
Race: Kilrot
Height: 6'7" (considered very short for a Kilrot)
Weight: 128
Appearance: Very dark brown skin but with bright lavender eyes; wears bright colored tunics and breeches with colorful accessories, muscular, long black hair that shimmers in the sun
Personality: extremely introverted with no close friends, very friendly and trustworthy, the quintessence of a good friend
Bio: Father had an affair with a Lithu and she was the result. Only characteristics of her mother is the lavender eyes and her fashion sense. She has been shunned by her tribe, Girna, because of her father's affair, her personality, and because she has empathy.
Other: Age 19 and has a small jeweled dagger as well as a hidden longsword strapped to her back, concealed by her flowing tunic.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:53 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Location: Inside your head, slowly chowing down on your puny brain. Not exactly an all-you-can eat buffet.
Gotta get in on this D-fly! So excited!!!

Name: Kumé (pronounced koo-may)
Height: 6'7" (considered very short for a Kilrot)
Weight: 128
Appearance: Very dark brown skin but with bright lavender eyes; wears bright colored tunics and breeches with colorful accessories, muscular, long black hair that shimmers in the sun
Personality: extremely introverted with no close friends, very friendly and trustworthy, the quintessence of a good friend
Bio: Father had an affair with a Lithu and she was the result. Only characteristics of her mother is the lavender eyes and her fashion sense. She has been shunned by her tribe, Girna, because of her father's affair, her personality, and because she has empathy.
Other: Age 19 and has a small jeweled dagger as well as a hidden longsword strapped to her back, concealed by her flowing tunic.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:36 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

sry, just bringing this back up so people look at it

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:54 pm 
Cererean Princess

I think you need to post in the RP section now. And it must have flopped so there was no point bringing it back up.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:18 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

okay we are headed to the rp section
Dragonrider, you still in?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:09 pm 
Cererean Princess

Yes.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:18 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

If it's not too late can I join?

Name: Desi
Height/Weight: 7`4``/15 stone
Appearance: Looks heavy set but is not as strong as he looks. He has electric blue eyes and short black hair. Wears leather trousers but no top. Has a belt with a small sack of throwing knives, he has a dagger on the left side. Black hair down the back of him giving a wild and unkempt look to him.
Personality: Rough and abrasive, he keeps friends only as long as they are of use to him. He has no respect for authority unles the person can back it up with power. Fortunatley he doesn't always act on instinct and will investigate things before killing (and sometimes eating) them
Other: He is rather accurate with his knives... Oh yeah and he's very good with dogs/wolves that kind of thing.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:21 pm 
Cyberspace Addict

[deleted] -- Sorry I pressed post twice...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:54 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

you're in, and anyone who posts in this within the month of december is in too

Offline Profile