Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: EXX's Tavern
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:49 pm 
Behetmoth

While Stella was talking to Consti, she began combing out her hair, it was vanity just a nasty habit she picked up from these dog-gone sea nymphs.

She notice the woman sneak to the wine cellar, but didn't know what to make of it, alcohol wasn't her favorite beverage. It made dragons lusty and dim-witted, or so the stories were told.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sol is always hanging out with those dragons hybrids. I warned him that they'll trouble, but he's stubborn and won't listen. You know how men are sometimes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:33 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Travis looked at the soul stone but didn't take it.

"I think, I've played a role in the loosing of enough souls in my time, thank you friend but I feel that this dagger would be better off not regenerated. At least not this way"

Thinking about just how a soul stone is made, made Travis shudder. In his experience they were the tools of warlocks and can only be made by wrenching a soul from a dying creature. Not a happy experience.

"Maybe I will take up your offer of that journey though, but not yet."

He winked and went back to studying the fire, not interesting in taking up conversation with anyone.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:52 pm 

Eron cracked the beads on his tail, the tradition of wearing tail beads was an old one in his race. Since the race of the Woran were wiped out and brought back by archaic magicks, Eron has seen to it he wore them with pride.
Jazel didn't wear any on her tail, following the female's tradition of ear studs. Together they ruled the Woran people with grace and patience.

"So Ragon, now you have a boohoo'd with your old master, what say we flex our muscles and have see just how rusty you have gotten in your old age?"

He stuck his tongue out at Ragon, his old friend, and gave a sly wink to Exanderous. The Guardian had been there when he and Jazel, amongst others, laid siege to Dragoons fortress. It was then that he met his demise, only to be brought back, again by archaic magicks, this time however it was his daughter Jessica who had rewritten time.

"Come on Blinky, let's head outside and show your old master how much of his tutoring you've remembered."

Eron pulled his amulet out of his pocket and slung it over his head, immediately he increased in size and stature. His fur became shaggier, his fangs longer and his muscles nearly doubled in size. On his legs, arms, and torso red armor had appeared, and a simple helm and visor enshrouded his head. A blade marked the end of his tail and he cracked his beads ferociously.

With a smile, Eron made his way outside, to a well worn area in front of the tavern, the place of many sparring matches in the past, and waited for Ragon to accept his challenge.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Friendly Competition
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:06 pm 
Legend of Old

Ragon smiled after hearing the Woran's challenge. In his time spent with his loved one at the clan lands, he was definitely active as one of their agents. If there is one thing that was not dulled with time, it was the warrior's wit.

"If you think I have gone rusty, you must have grown senile with your old age you flea-bag!"

The two had such a history together, teasing was just a normal part of the conversations they shared. It was the Woran who introduced Ragon to the influential characters of the clan lands.

After rotating his neck left and right, following the cracking snap, Ragon started to stretch nonchalantly while Eron went through his transformations.
"That shiny trinket of yours again mate? I guess it's hard to teach an old cat new tricks," Ragon said. To the common eye, at least in comparison to his feline friend, the warrior was nothing special and his preparation for the friendly competition was remedial at best. The fact that the warrior was blind did not aid the situation in the slightest.

"It's been awhile since we have gone a round or two Eron! I accept your challenge, just don't get mad when I beat you again!" As he was walking to the door to meet his challenger, he looked back at his lover and smiled. Reassurance was important, not because she was worried about his health, but because as mischievous as Ragon was, he was known for getting into trouble.

"Don't worry love, this shouldn't take long! At the look of this old cat I would say he is on his last leg! I might let him win!" Ragon said with just enough volume resonating in his voice for the Woran to hear him. "It's hard to sound bad-ass with that staff of yours tapping around to see!" The Woran shouted playfully as he awaited his opponent. Of course it was all friendly gestures. There was not a hint of animosity with the two friends and their spouts. OK, well maybe a little, but it was all doused in friendly competition.

After making his way to the beaten circle outside of the Tavern, Ragon recalled all of the matches he watched occur at this very spot. This was the very "arena" that Exanderous and Sarkaras had sparred. He hoped his body would provide just half of the entertainment that fight produced. It was hard to live up to the warriors of the past.

Ragon stood parallel to Eron and adjusted the bandanna hugging his eyes ever so slightly. A shiny trinket clasped on his right shoulder caught the light and twinkled vibrantly while the blind one stretched out his chest and upper back. There was something that was changing about his physical stature. He stood straighter, walked faster, and he seemed to bare a smirk of confidence on his features that seemed perpetual. Ragon possessed a physical manifestation of arrogance, which was a completely different persona and attitude than the humble and honored mentality the warrior harbored inside the Tavern.

Ragon threw his staff in the air and after several flashy rotations, the warrior caught it and landed in a linear, elongated stance with the staff above his head and pointing towards Eron at a downward angle. His right hand was raised higher than the left, and the smirk was now more noticeable than ever.

"Your move. Ladies first, old friend!"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:51 pm 
Godsin Queen

Mirravin looked down at the fish being held up to her, a bit unsure of what to make of it.Um, no thanks. I ate before I came here, I think. As for the whole harpy thing, well like I said it's complicated. Uh, how do I explain this..... Mirravin paused and sat in deep though for a moment before speaking again.

I have a total of four birth mothers, all of which carried me in their womb. My first mother was a silver fox, and then for his own greedy reasons a man of great power used a spell in order to create a union between an arch angel and a Demon lord, and my spirit was placed in the spawn created from that union.

The Demon lord wanted nothing to do with children, so when she found out exactly what had happened she used a spell to pass me onto the harpy queen who was unable to have children of her own. After that the mate of the arch angel used the same spell to forcefully take me on as her own because she could not bare the thought that her mate's child was with some other woman. Even though it was of no fault of his own.

In short I've got a bit of DNA from each of my mothers for the time I'd spent with them. I don't exactly know if that really makes me harpy or not. I'm still a full blooded Demi yet I somehow share blood with the harpy because of that. I can't really explain it any further than that because to be honest I really don't know exactly how it works myself.

The harpy queen still claims me as her own blood if that helps any though, and yes I do know both harpy and siren songs.
Mirravin took a deep breath after her long winded explination, and gave a small nervous grin.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:50 pm 
Behetmoth

Shelly smiled.

It's okay, I understand. She said patting the woman on the back.

Look, I don't like to tell people this, but...

She paused for a moment.

I had a daughter, a real daughter, and the Stella's wicked stepmother, took her from me. I don't know where she is now, but chances are she looks like me.

Shelly showed the woman her human half and her octpous half.

Meanwhile after Stella was finished talking to Consti, she began to pratice her powers, moving the water in flower vase up and down. It had been a while since Sol called her and she was doing this to stop herself from worrying. It wasn't like him having gone this long. She closed her eyes, and tried to listen for his bellows. Nothing.

Sol, She muttered to herself.

If you've gotten yourself into trouble, I'm going to kill you.

So, she fiddled with the water, bending it in her hand. The more she worried the colder it got and eventally it frozen solid.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:23 pm 

In what seemed like the blink of an eye Eron bounded forwards, he dropped low and swung his leg around aiming for Ragon’s legs. Ragon leapt smoothly over the sweep and landed beside Eron. Eron lashed out with his tail and caught Ragon on his landing foot, off balancing him and causing him to stumble forwards. Eron stood and vaulted over Ragon and with a swift kick pushed Ragon backwards onto the soil. Eron folded his arms and laughed at Ragon, who was sat on the ground, a cloud of dust settling around him.

“You’ll have to be aware all around you my friend, my speed gets me everywhere.”

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:36 pm 
Legend of Old

The dust bellowed in the air clouding Eron's vision which causing the tear ducts in his eyes to fulfill their purpose. As Eron's catlike eyes were cleared of the moisture and regained their focus Eron's target was no longer there. The dust had cleared, but Ragon was no where to be seen. Eron quickly glanced at his surroundings, but to no avail

Without a warning, a thin and familiar cylinder parted the air, and with the speed of a bullet , it shot towards Eron's chest. Ragon's staff was propelled by a strange aura of shadow that resonated a heat unlike anything the elements of this world could have produced. The attack produced a sound similar to that of a wraith's scream.

Eron, having the reflexes of a cat, arched his back while leaning his stomach to evade the speedy attack. As the staff lightly grazed Eron's shirt, a smile of wry satisfaction emanated off of his countenance. It wasn't until a sharp pain in the back of the head followed by a spell of darkness occurred that the grin had disappeared.

It was an act that defied the laws of physics. The edge of the staff, seemingly in mid flight, bent and twisted through the air and carved a path to the back of Eron's skull. The sun's rays would envy its speed, and the accuracy was that of a sharpshooter.

Ragon quickly helped Eron to his feet and dusted him off. The wry grin seemed to transfer company, as now Ragon bore the sheepish smile.

"You are good Eron, you really are, but age has afflicted us all old friend," the blind one said with satisfaction augmenting his voice. "I am really impressed. I did not think you would dodge the initial thrust."

Eron and Ragon laughed as they rubbed their respected wounds from the friendly challenged and went inside to order more drinks. The two had much to catch up on while there were no clouds of disaster stirring in the horizon.

All the while, the tavern was still being watched by the scouring eye of the Guardian.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:51 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
The shadow dragon Alondor watched the two men enter the bar to order drinks before re-entering as well to ask for the bars most foul of drinks. After placing his order Alondor moved to the back corner where he extiguished the candle on the table plunging it into darkness

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:49 pm 
G.E.E.K.

OOC: After re-reading this, I noticed my character had an unexplained name change... Oh well.

IC: Drans stretched again, dust floating off his wings.
"Exx! You live! I was beginning to wonder if the tavern would remain in limbo for eternity."
He looked at his now moldy drink... "Well, there goes some good stuff... Perhaps you could get me a refill, Exx."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:11 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: a loud string of expletives and coughing waft out of the shadows of a corner booth followed by the distinct smell of fresh roses with a hint of brimstone. That's the last time I drink cheap bourbon before stepping. Exx my brother, it has been too long since we last talked. How have you been? With a great hug and much laughing he sat down at the bar and sipped on a freshly poured glass of bourbon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:57 am 
Legend of Old

Presence, the essence that was embedded within every character dwelling in the famous tavern now brought a special kind of life back into it's humble halls. The familiar glow of activity glowed as the bustle of the tavern returned to its previous state.

Exanderous turned to his friends and grinned. With a wave of his hands, whatever poison they were enjoying became immediately refilled.

The guardian turned to the company who greeted him so fondly and smiled. This was a rare occasion indeed. Two gods of battle sitting in the same place at the same time; the Tavern should be ripped to pieces by their presence alone.

"It has been too long, old friend. What does the machinations of fate have you doing these days? I see no blood on your person, so the stench of war must be stale," Exanderous said with a wry smirk. "It's probably for the best. We all need some R&R sometime."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:13 am 

Eron licked his wounds and gladly got some attention from his wife. Ragon rolled his eyes at the site of the fearsome Worgan king behaving like a kitten. Eron picked up his thimble sized cup and sipped at the liquor inside, a fine wine made from the seeds of the bimbash plant, which grew in the mountain kingdom he called home. It was a drink you sipped, and Eron had quite a taste for it.

"I long for adventure again my friend," he said speaking to Ragon, "too long have my skills rested and they are in need of testing, had we been on some adventure I would have shown you a match like no other out there."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:03 am 
G.E.E.K.

Drans turned to the worgan.
"Perhaps said adventure is not far off."
He took a drink of his drink.
"And who knows who will join you on this quest."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:55 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Alondor glided across the floor to the bar. "Or what dangers will be faced on this adventure" he stated slipping onto a stool

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:48 am 

"I do heard that the volcanic kingdom in the north is stirring, but they are so far away. I understand that they are being threatened by the ice kingdom which lies even further north."

Eron sipped his drink,

" The Balrog king, Fyre, is raising an army to march on the Ice kingdom. If only they were closer. I'm not traveling all that way to fight in the snow."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:11 pm 
G.E.E.K.

"Agreed," Drans said. "I like the cold, but it's much too far to travel. About a week ago I heard rumor of trouble brewing to the south. It would seem that a dwarven clan is being plagued by a tribe of goblins."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:15 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

"And let us not forget that there are also dragon clans in the east and west" interjected Alondor "who are in diplomatic discussions that could easily go south"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:28 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

N/A plz delete

My Website: http://drageloc.forumotion.com/
Where I'm At: http://www.roleplayerguild.com/users/126
My Skype: Drakel001
My Facebook: Drakel Pyrohell

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:30 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Smirked and sipped his bourbon, "Not sure what Lady Fate's machinations have been of late, but I have a terrible feeling they are things that I have no power to stop or control."

He placed two gemstones on the bar, one a cracked onyx the other a shattered pearl. "As y'ou know I keep stones similar to these for everyone close to me, including yourself and my children. If anything happens to the person assoicated with that stone it shows on the stone."

As he said that the onyx then shattered just like the pearl had right there on the bar. "These two were for the ones for Cinde and Stephen, my daughter and son. Whatever is in motion I have not forseen it therefore I could not prevent it. Whoever is pulling the strings is able to conceal themselves from me entirely, for the first time in millienia I fear what is coming Exx..." he took a long swig from his glass then refilled it and Exx's.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:52 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Azrivel said his cheers with twenty large empty cups of the Dragon's tear ale on the table and one in his hand. After Azrivel drake the last of the seriously strong ale he passed out from drinking more than any dwarf seen so far.

Everyone only just looked at him and finished their own cheers. Out of the blue and at the right time since everyone was desperate (in lack of a better word) for adventure and enjoying their time with one another, there was three knocks on the door, almost as if an angry giant was trying to break the door down by his own fists. After the three knocks there was a grand pause of dead silence, just glares at the door that killed the happy mood.

Then there was one last knock and right after the loud knock the door slammed open and nothing but pitch blackness was only seen, it was as though it was black magic trying to clime its way in but for some reason it had a slightly peaceful feeling to it. Obviously not black magic due to a slight difference in its personality and movements, almost as though it was dancing. Then a Bright orb of light was shown inside the darkness.

A figure walked through the door, a draconian with silver scales and gold markings all over and a huge claymore on his back, Drakel... he took two more steps forward and Azrivel's sword on the ground seemed to glow a rainbow like light and Drakel said, You shouldn’t be here anymore, time to go...Azrivel! After he finished his statement he waved his hand and two black voids with a red aura glow to it consumed the half elf.

He turned to Ex and while walking forward he noticed Alondor. Waving his hand in away as though he was saying hello Drakel just walked past. When he finally reached Ex he said to the guardian in a serious, almost annoyed tone while interrupting the gods of war conversation, You have what I asked for? Ex gave a nod of acceptance and said, Meet me in the wine cellar, we'll talk more in there.With a nod Drakel noticed Ex's friend and walked down to the wine cellar, in it was two wooden, dusty, almost old yet new chairs and table with two poisons on the table. The God sat himself down and started to wait for the Guardian.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:58 pm 
Legend of Old

Exanderous was on no one's schedule but his own, and the only time he had kept up with belonged to the company surrounding him.

"No one speaks for me, stranger. Do not put words in my mouth. Additionally, you have something to say to me here, you can speak where you stand. We are all dogs of war here," the Guardian said as he placed his favorite goblet down, now expunged completely of its content, down on the table.

With his steely gaze now directed towards the rest of his company, the Guardian waited. There was an eerie silence upon the crowd, yet activity was bustling. It was a kind of silence that rendered itself a facade. What was it masking? Something was about to transpire; Exanderous could feel that the air had grown still, and in his tavern, still anything is a sign of something ill to come.

"Perhaps we should drink and be merry while we can, Switchblade old friend. Something troublesome this way comes."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:46 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Alondor moved like a shadow across the floor and reappeared next to the bar. Alondor liked being near the action when things got tense. taking a stool Alondor raised his claw in the air to get Ex's attention before saying "Another drink if you would please bartender."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:11 pm 
Dragon God of Drageloc

Drakel gave Ex a stare, a cold draft from the still opened door came in and there was a still moment of pure silence, Drakel was right under the door frame of the wine cellar. Drakel was still calm but a dark feeling came through the tavern. Drakel turned around and started to walk slowly towards Ex and when he reached Ex, Drakel said seriously and annoyed while beginning with a sarcastic statement, I personally doubt it. And I’d appreciate us to talk in private terms. Means we walk somewhere where we would not be bothered, unless you have a problem with being alone that I should know about? Drakel drew his sword and placed it on a table, and after a second moment of pure silence Alondor asked for a drank, but before Ex could even react Drakel said, but you still haven’t finished your last drink. When Alondor looked at his cup again it was full with the same drink as before.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:58 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Standing up and moving towards Drakel in a threatening manner "Ex I would also appreciate a new glass as well," he then spoke to Drakel in a menacing fashion, "Maybe in your world it is ok to bewitch a glass to fill for no other reason but in my home town it is considered the height of rudeness to assume someone is incapable of doing it themselves. It is also rude to refill a glass while you are sitting in a bar because it could very well cost the owner his pride or money." By this point Alondor was looming over Drakel in a way that would have most people re-evaluating their greatest fear.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 59  Next