Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: EXX's Tavern
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:21 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

so ware am i sending it to... and i gess youll have to pay

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:29 am 
Godsin Queen

Wha? It's some kinda waste land I don't remember the name of it now....It's in Daron the only place the with red dirt and a big black tower sitting in the middle of it surrounded by spider people. You can't miss it.*Sigh* What am I supposed to be paying you in? Mirravin asked rolling her eyes as she handed off the rolled up piece of paper.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:32 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

ooc (are you shuer you want to do that)

ic oh i know ware you mean ya itll take some days thoe

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:40 am 
Godsin Queen

ooc well since I don't know any of your other characters...ya

ic: errr, uh...that's....fine... Mirravin huffed halfheartedly.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:43 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

ooc (i made this one to act with you hear...)

ic well at least ill get out of this place no ofcence but out of the crazy things iv seen this has to be one of the most

the messager pocits the note and carfuly slips out the door and heads to the tower

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:53 am 
Godsin Queen

ooc well how could I tell you just kept going back and forth between doing yur job and staying, but whatever.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:59 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

ooc... a female that knows im coming i ment you the whole time dear i thout you and i could do something

as the stranger took the note out to see it fultterd away with the wind returning to the steps of the old tavernand as he bends down to take the letter one last gust blowes i to the tabbel ware mirravin hapens to be siting....

i dont sapose theres any thing youd like to add to your letter... after all it dident juts come back by its self... did it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:57 am 
Godsin Queen

ooc well you could have let me in on whatever that was hun

ic: Hmmm, well that all depends. Mirravin replied to the the newest newcomer.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:17 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

occ ware ever you want it to be dear

hu well i sapose if you have soem better use for me he glaced around the room the comsion from erler aperntly over now

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:31 pm 
Legend of Old

The life of the room produced a vibrant decor of sounds, aromas, and pleasantries that made this establishment famous. Every business has a trade in which they make their profit, and ideally, their mark. But this was a different type of business, that much was certain. While BP have their oil and the electric companies have their current, this business revolved around people.

Life was its currency. The conversation and pitter-patter of characters from all walks of life fueled this place, and the alcohol helped too. Stories from young and old imbued the halls with an allure that transcended sight. It was something you had to feel, and if you wanted to reach out and touch it all you had to do was walk up to a bar stool, order a cold one, wrap your hands around that mug, and just listen.

This was his Tavern. Built from the spoils of war and his efforts, he raised it from the ground board by board until completion. The occasional repair was needed due to some of the patrons inside causing more trouble than they could handle, but otherwise every board was arranged by hand and hammered in by the tavern's benefactor. Why this god of war created a place of this caliber where peace and civility are praised while conflict and turmoil are exiled is still in question, but it is indefinitely apparent that the boards and nails are not the structure that holds the tavern together.

It's the people. That is the magic he instilled in this place. There was no alchemy to this place. There were no spells out side of a few corrective enchantments to keep the place from collapsing into a state of disrepair that transformed the tavern into such a magical place. It was the blood flowing through every heart that walked through the two enigmatic, swiveling doors.

The guardian had gone out for only a small moment; know one knew why. The room immediately felt his presence once more as he entered the edifice and placed his hands on a support beam holding the frame of the building together.

"It's been some time, my patrons. I am here now, so why I have been gone is irrelevant. Please, toast your glasses and be merry once more. Maybe, if there is time, we may be in for a story."

The guardian smiled and took his place behind the bar. As he grabbed a mug from the shelves beneath him and began to polish it, he turned his attention to a few of the conversing individuals.

With a faint red glow resonating from his iris, the guardian calmly spoke.

"This thread is unique in that the character itself can sense it is a thread. This is a place for authors and their characters to gather and converse, but OOC chatter can be as easily heard as in IC chatter. Please, while in these halls at least, avoid OOC chat like the plague."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:19 pm 
Godsin Queen

Mirravin grined mischeviously and threw her hands into the air. I'm innocent, I swear! But, besides that, how've ya been old friend?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:32 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Walking up from the shadows Alondor said "You, innocent? yeah right." Turning to Exanderous he continued "Hello friend of Mirravin my name is Alondor, what is yours?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:10 am 
G.E.E.K.

Drans stood up and stretched. Cobwebs hung from his arms like ghastly wings.
"I've decided to get rid of this avatar and name," he said, then muttered something. He promptly vanished and was replaced by a shorter person. This new person had wild brown hair, deep brown eyes, wore a sleeveless white shirt, a sleeveless black duster, a pair of black cargo pants, and a pair of black shoes, and upon his face rested a pair of glasses in black stainless steel frames.
"Name's Raiga now? How do ya'll like the new look? I wanted it to look as much like my true self as possible."
He sat back down.
"So, how's everyone been?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:36 pm 
Legend of Old

The red glow outlining the iris of his eye slowly faded and the majestic deep-sea blue became dominant once more. His eyes set the soul ablaze as he turned to face his friends and customers alike.

"I am well, thank you for asking. How I am doing is irrelevant in the matter. The true question is 'how are YOU doing?'"

The guardian cracked his neck in the left and right directions and calmly waited for a response in anticipation.

"I trust all is well if you are here and drawing breath. To be alive is truly a blessing."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 am 
Master Old Dragon

It had been what seemed an eternity, but Fate finally decided to grace them with her presence again, it seemed. Although she did, indeed, possess a flare for the dramatic, for the moment, she opted to keep her reappearance subtle- about as subtle as her ego would allow. There was no deafening "bang", no flash of light... Only the most alert patrons noticed a small wisp of black smoke that drifted lazily from the rafters. It could easily have been mistaken for coming from the candles in the chandeliers above, but this drifted with... direction. It floated lazily as a dust mote alongside the wine barrels before drifting towards the bar where it erupted into a puff of smoke. When the cloud cleared, a woman sat before Exanderous, calmly sipping on a glass of wine and smoking what appeared to be a very thin cigar.

From behind the thin, rectangular lenses of her sunglasses she appraised him before exhaling a stream of sweet-smelling smoke. All bout her, the heady scent of spicy clove and cinnamon wafted in the air. The smallest hint of a smile tugged at the corners of her mouth as she addressed him. "Would you care to see what rubbish your charge has gotten himself into this time, Guardian?" she challenged, tucking her long black hair behind her ears before conjuring a bubble of smoke and fog between them. In its depths they could see shadowy figures, and one in particular caught their attention- he was unmistakable from the others due to his stature- at a mere 5'10", the only Archai within the group was dwarfed beside the others, especially that giant of a man... "It would appear that Malachi has caught the steampunk bug," she chuckled as he strode fully into view, newsie hat, goggles, boots and duster displayed in their full glory as he stood beside a very burly-looking cowboy. A tricked-out motorcycle leaned against a boulder in the background...

Last edited by Ciarda on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:40 am 
Godsin Queen

Mirravin looked back at alondor and gave him a playful glare.

I swearsit, and you can't prove otherwise. and then she very childishly stuck her tounge out at him before turning back to Exx.

everyone here has been kept going by the happy flighty thoughts of your stories of adventures once you returned to us. Oh, and lot's of booze. She greeted warlmly back.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:13 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

the messanger looked around in confusion... you must sertionly be head of this space ... perhaps it is time i take my leave job or no.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:35 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
Smirking at Mirravin Alondor decided to take the seat next to the woman who had just appeared through smoke. "Hello," he said "I'm Alondor, you are?" He finished by sticking out his claw to shake.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:09 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

:swear: A single curse was heard across the tavern coming from the broom closet. The door opened and was followed by loud coughing and billowing black smoke as Switchblade exited the smoke filled room while pulling what looked like a broom handle out of his chest. The hole in his chest healed itself as he walked up to the bar and sat down next to Fate.

"One of these days I'm gonna learn not to teleport drunk on rum, so it's back to bourbon for me. Exx it has been to long brother, how have things been?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:08 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Fate turned to Alondor and actually smiled- a rare thing, perhaps it was the effects of the Tavern on her?. "Many names have come and gone, but the one that seems to stick is simply 'Fate'. It is a pleasure, Alondor." Though she never removed those glasses, he could feel her eyes on him as she shook his hand, as though she were appraising him, trying to place him, as though she had seen him somewhere before.

When Switchblade appeared, the woman rolled her eyes at his comments about teleportation and went back to her wine... And the foggy bubble before her on the table. Indeed, she was quite having fun watching Malachi potentially make a fool of himself. Despite this, however, she knew the seriousness of his mission, and watched him with a mixture of amusement and concern. When she had watched for a few more minutes,, she finally spoke, without looking up. "So what convinced you to grace us with your presence, Switch?" The sarcasm dripped from her words like water from icicles when she turned to look at the newcomer. It had been a long time since she had seen him, so not only was she obliged to rib him, but she also felt that she had a right to, given that, unlike Exanderous, she had not so much as heard from him in that time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:54 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

"Well perhaps you should tell me that Mistress Fate, isn't everything we do part of some master plan of yours?" he answered with sarcasm of his own. "And while your at it, perhaps you can tell me what part of that plan involves killing my children?"he said with a bit more anger in his voice as he set the shards of their soul gems on the bar in front of her.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:04 am 
Master Old Dragon

Fate merely shook her head and calmly took a sip of her wine. True to her nature, she remained almost... distant. Truly, she had no wish to argue with him, or anyone else for that matter. Indeed, if anything, Fate had come here because she was in sore need of a vacation. And so, with a sigh, she answered him as simply as she could. "That it happened, I cannot undo, and to explain it would take quite more time than anyone here has, I am sure. I can say that it is... unfortunate, to say the least, and I am sorry that it happened." There was a note of sincerity in her tone when she spoke, denoting the fact that she was not merely feeding him an excuse. "If you like, you and I can discuss that at another time in private. For the moment, however, I think the Guardian would thank us for keeping the tone in his Tavern a bit more... lighthearted. I think we owe him that courtesy."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:14 am 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Sipped his bourbon and his shoulders sagged slightly, "Your concern is appreciated and I apologize for my tone. It's just that they were all I had left of their mother, it's been tough to say the least." He set his glass down and gathered himself for a moment before addressing her more cheerfully this time. "So what are the machinations Fate these days, it has been so long since we last saw eachother."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:50 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Fate raised a brow and cast a sidelong glance at him as she took another sip of her wine, motioning to the bubble of fog that still sat on the bar. "Other than trying to figure out what goes on in that boy's head, not much. I am officially on vacation for a bit... at Malachi's advice. Though he sent me off and then disappeared for this," again she gestured towards the bubble, in which they could see the boyish figure helping a group prepare to move out- where to was anyone's guess. But he isn't from this plane, so he has no book, and because he has no book, I have no power over him. Actually, though, in all honesty, it's rather fun to watch someone I have absolutely no control over for a change. Rather like watching the Guardian there. It changes things up a bit. Though I can't say I approve of his current fashion-sense..."

Surprisingly, her tone remained almost lighthearted as she spoke with little of the melancholy that normally loomed over her person. Indeed, as she took another draw of her cigarette, it would seem that Malachi had been right in dragging her to vacation.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:38 am 
G.E.E.K.

"Sorry, Fate, but I place my faith in something other than you," Raiga said.
"And I doubt my home plane is any you'd recognize the name of."

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next