Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Secrets of the Lost Core
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:05 pm 
Matrix Operator

Dane was already awake, seated downstairs at the bar with a glass of ale. Spinning a coin around his fingers, he studied a paper map of known geography intently.
"Look," he said excitedly to the glass. "See this entire white area? No one has ever explored it before. We will be stepping where no one has gone before!"
The glass sat inanimately in place.
"Well, technically, we'll be the second, the builders of Lost Righteous being the first. But they're dead, so they don't count." He took a deep drink out of the glass, then withdrew his switchblade and started trying to figure out how to open it. This activity never failed to occupy his attention for great lengths of time. "Just think, with the leverage from this discovery, I could be Dean of the University. Imagine.."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:15 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Binadorm had not slept inside that night for he preferred to sleep out on the roof to gaze at the night sky and would only sleep inside if the weather was really really bad. As he got up and stretched his lithe body he mentally prepared himself for the meeting that was to come and realized he was slightly late due to his stretching. Dang i'm going to keep Malachi waiting better take a shortcut down So without further ado he chose an open window below him and used the roof-edge to grasp and slid himself into the window and found to his amusement that it was Malachi's and that the Archai had slept in a little "Hey Malachi you probably should wake up before you get the Treinis treatment." he said with a sly grin and dragged his claws upon the headboard of Malachi's bed just inches beside his ear.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:12 am 
Master Old Dragon

Downstairs the patrons of the bar jumped as a loud cry echoed through the thin wooden ceiling. It was immediately followed not a few seconds later by a loud thud that resounded with an ear-shattering crash that rang clear from the second floor down to the first. Like a very loud, very strange rain, pieces of something scattered across the floor overhead and in turn, continuously moved as whomever the room belonged to kicked it into high gear and got moving.

A few snickered as the voices overhead, angry at first, became alarmed and even rushed. Muffled footsteps scrambled across the floor overhead, turning from the soft tread of bare feet to the heavy thud of boots- was someone hopping on one foot up there? With a scuttling to and fro, the thuds made their way across the floor and finally reached the hallway at the top of the stairs. Without stopping, Malachi barreled down the decrepit staircase, slowing down just before reaching the bottom.

With a sheepish grin, he strolled into the bar, knapsack in hand, as though nothing were amiss. Only the slight flush in his cheeks and the tosselled state of his hair gave anything away. Well, that and the fact that his shirt was untucked- and possibly backwards- his jacket slightly askew, and his left boot untied. Only his black jeans seemed unrushed. "Heh, I uh... Well, I tried to... The roof... Does it really matter at this point?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:24 am 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
Binadorm followed Malachi down the stairs calmly examining his claws and seeming to pick out wood shavings from his paws with a completely calm expression. "Well it is good to see i didn't miss much yet as i thought i was a tad late apparently i am right on time as Malachi seems to have just got here" The big Treinis seemed to have a slightly impish look in his eyes although his face never betrayed the smile that was just beneath the surface of view. "I had a nice relaxing night under the stars dreaming of just how fun this little adventure of ours is going to be, how about you guys?" then he spoke aside to Malachi in a whisper that was intentionally just loud enough that everyone could hear. "I suggest you take this time to tidy up your appearance unless you meant to start a new fashion, if that is the case then by all means stay that way."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:48 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Cora didn't answer the man in leather. She watched him until he disappeared into his room.
"Yo, barkeep!" she called turning her attention back to the bar. "Got anything available?"
After getting the key, Cora gathered her pack and headed up the stairs to her room. She slept peacefully and was awake bright and early the next morning. She was in the process of cleaning her gun when the commotion started a few doors down, followed by someone running down the stairs. Cora chuckled as she slid her rifle back into its case. She had been debating over whether or not to join the expedition. The Lost Righteous was the reason she was here. Her grandfather had searched for it all his life; had come here to explore, find clues, learn the legends; but he had always come home empty-handed.
Cora had lost her last map in that cursed dust storm yesterday. This group had a map, plus a couple of people who seemed like they knew this land pretty well. What did she have to lose by joining in on the adventure?
After repacking her backpack, she bent down to tie her boot laces. There's was just something about that biker guy that bothered her. He had acted like he wanted Cora to join the expedition, like he intended for her to overhear the plans. But why? She was a complete stranger to him. What would he gain by getting her to tag along?
Oh, come on! You're just being paranoid! Let's go! she berated herself. She finished tying her boots and stood up. But instead of heading out the door, Cora sat down on her bed, still undecided.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:58 pm 
Matrix Operator

Noticing Malachi and Binadorm come down the stairs, Dane raised his glass. "Top o' the morning to the both of ya!" He noted Malachi's disheveled appearance, and commented wrly, "Bad night's sleep, eh? Or do you always look like this in the morning?"

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:51 am 
Master Old Dragon

"Oh har har," Malachi sarcastically intoned as he began fixing himself. Within a couple of minutes the shirt was tucked, the boot tied, and his jacket properly adjusted on his thin shoulders. Once adjusted, he seemed to possess less of the crazed biker look and seemed to be channeling the modern Wyatt Earp from the grave.

He had traded in his leather jacket for a slightly longer coat. The trousers matched his boots and jacket, and on his head he wore no stetson, but what some would call an "apple jack" or "newsie" hat- flat in the back and top, sloping down to a very short brim in the front. It was black suede and topped with a set of tinted riding goggles. To his credit, Malachi usually looked pretty good for someone his age. He filled the gathered company in on this little fact as he straightened his coat. "I think I'm allowed to wake up late once in a while," he added a bit indignantly.

A lot of information was working its way through his mind as he surveyed the room and then he realized that a couple of people were missing. The girl from the night before, though he couldn't be sure if she'd come or not, and Law. Malachi quickly set up the map for everyone to view, and instructed them to discern the best trail to take across the Killing Fields. They would need Law's input, surely, he told them., but for the time being they could try and come up with a route on their own, and get his input when he got there.

"We need to be able to take our vehicles as far as possible," he said, "My motorcycle, any vehicles that you all have, and Law's horse," (he had noticed it hitched outside). "We have a few options." A tap on the map and the perspective shifted. "We can go East, try hitting the Pilgrim's Road, and take it straight down around the Lake of Eldorn and on into the Dairine- the wood around the Pinnacle." He highlight this route in red before starting another. "Our other option is to head south over the Killing Fields, crossing into the Crystal Plains, and skirting Namith wetlands to get to the wood. Either way, we face dangers from the continent herself. The Crystal Plains are home to glass golems, spear-antlered elk, and a variety of tricks and traps. People have been known to experience bouts of memory loss around Lake Eldorn... And I don't think I need to fill anyone in on the pain in the ass that is Namith swamp- yes I said swamp. Take everything into account and you that know the area, make a decision, or at least give an opinion. I'll be back."

Without a word, he picked up his mug of coffee and headed upstairs to try and locate the missing members. He found Cora in her room, sitting on the edge of her bed. "You look like someone who's teetering on the edge. To jump off the cliff, or stay on the safety of hard ground. What's got you in such a bind?" He was forthright and honest, playing no games.

*see the OOC*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:35 am 

Binadorm scratched his chin in thought for a few moments and postulated "No matter which way we go we still have a hard journey take for instance the Crystal Plains which has trees made out of crystal that even though are crystal still grow and seem to have a malevolent intelligence, many people have been said to die under their crystalline boughs. Many a traveler have said they could see still wet blood dripping from their branches and the creatures there are no less bizarre or dangerous but still it has far fewer than the other places and the crystalline lake is a safe enough area to stop and a glory to behold. I for one refuse to go into the Namith Wetlands where i have known many a Treinis to die by the fel-creatures that haunt its water. One of my kin survived an encounter with one but suffered a minor wound that for some reason resisted even our magic. When we tried to heal him, to our dismay we found out that the wound seemed to feed on our magic so that it spread much quicker than we thought possible. When we figured out an antidote, extracted from a rare type of clover found only near the water in that bog, the damage was already done and the wound killed him shortly thereafter. But for some reason the fester itself seemed to continue its path as if it was alive and it only stopped spreading after we had administered our antidote to the corpse's wound."

*I Edited it so if you have read it before this read it again*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:52 pm 
Matrix Operator

"Pilgrim Road seems the safest bet," Dane agreed. He gestured to that part of the map. "The university could not find any locals willing to guide researchers into the Crystal Plains, and the Wetlands are just plain dangerous. At least with the road, we know civilized being have been there before." He frowned. "At some point, though, we'll have to leave the road and venture inland. I doubt we'll find Lost Righteous that easily."

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:57 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
Conversation slowly dies as a sound approaches like that of a wave of clanking metal. There is a pause and the inn door opens as a giant man steps through standing 7’4” and nearly 4-feet across at the shoulder. He is armored from neck to toe in adorned heavy full plate armor and has an arsenal of various weapons draped about him like ribbons from a banshee as well as a small shield mounted on his upper left arm almost at the shoulder. He stands there, his bulk filling the doorway, as his eyes adjust to the light. After a moment his rumbling voice cries “KITTY!” as Wardonis strides across the room the floor creaking underfoot and lifts Binadorm into great, almost painful hug. “I missed you kitty, how have you been? Who are all of your friends? Are you going adventuring? Oh I haven’t been on a good adventure in a long time. Can I come?” Still holding Binadorm in the hug he gives him a moment to recover from the onslaught of questions as he looks across at the crowd gathered around.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:29 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Malachi heard the commotion from downstairs and excused himself momentarily. With a stealthy silence, he removed a small knife from his boot- it looked to be nothing more than a little throwing thing. Oddly, despite the fact that he owned a gun- it was in plain view in a holster at his side- his immediate response was not to try and use it. Guns were a little louder than Malachi cared for- especially when a single blade would do the trick.

And so, knife in hand, he crept down the stairs before turning the corner on the landing, arm poised and ready. What he saw though, made him laugh so hard that he dropped the knife. It clattered to the ground with a loud clang even as the stranger picked up Binadorm in a hug. They all jumped at the sound, and found Malachi doubled over clutching his sides at the hilarious irony of it all.

With a wily grin, he addressed Binadorm before the poor Trienis had a chance to respond to the stranger's string of questions. "KARMA, my friend!" he managed. "This is what happens!" of course, they all knew that he was referring to Binaadorm's "harmless" wake-up call for the Archai this morning, and that made the circumstances even funnier. "This is what you get for scaring someone awake!"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:49 pm 

After the initial shock of seeing his friend and then getting lifted and hugged he returned the hug with his powerful muscles just as fiercely as the giant of a man, he may have been smaller in size but was nearly as strong and greeted him saying "It's good to see you to Wardonis I've been doing well how about you. These people and I are going on an adventure to the Lost Righteous and I'd be glad if you could join us it would do us good to have your strong arms to help." Then turning his head at the sound of Malachi he grinned saying "Ah but you seemed to enjoy that 'alarm clock' so well"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:02 am 
Solitary Serpent

"What the hell gives you the right to just barge in my room?!" Cora had all but screamed at Malachi when he opened the door. She was sitting on the bed, rifle in hand, aimed at Malachi before he even had the door halfway opened. But her question remained unanswered as Malachi just as quickly excused himself. There had been some noise downstairs, and he left to inspect it.
Cora sat on the bed for a few seconds then, curiosity getting the best of her, followed Malachi's path.
"What the hell, angel boy?!"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:49 am 
Master Old Dragon

Malachi didn't miss a beat, but simply turned to the girl and bowed. "Apologies, Miss, I got a little ahead of myself. By the way, are you accompanying our little group- or need I give you a little more time to decide?" There was a spark of mischief in his eyes, but just why, none of them could tell. It was a question that could be taken on a purely literal level or on another altogether- had he been fully human- that being a slightly flirtatious approach. Given that grin, it was impossible to say which way he meant it to be taken.

Despite this infuriatingly frustrating fact, it was amazing how, in typical Archai fashion, he could put on a charming, almost elegant air to go with his smile, as easily as putting on a sweater or a hat. The strange thing about it was that he seemed to be truly sincere- there was nothing beneath his friendly exterior belying anything malicious, chauvinistic, or even two-faced. They were quickly discovering with Malachi that what they saw was what they got- no more, and not much less.

His bright indigo gaze shifted from the woman before him- seemingly unconcerned with her fuming state- to the map and back. "Oh, by the way, a word to the wise if we should come across the Crystal Plains... Not only are the trees SLIGHTLY homocidal, but there are clusters of crystals that have been known to do everything from electrocute to absorb people..."

He turned from the group, to the woman and back, "On that note, does anyone know anything about any of the other places on the map? My memory is a little spotty... I have a hard time remembering anything from my childhood though," he added with a scoff. Indeed, he had already forgotten about the incident and was ready to move on, even with both newcomers in tow. Whether or not they were ready to drop their grievances and concerns, however, remained to be seen.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:21 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Something about Malachi's grin aggravated Cora, but she didn't let it show. She looked at the group, wondering how such different people managed to come together.
Then, Cora's eyes fell on the map. It was what she needed most to complete her quest. Losing her own map had caused her days of aimless wondering, critical days that could have put her closer to the Lost Righteous instead of here in the middle of a desert. Damn her cursed luck!
Cora shook her head, coming back to the present.
"Sure, angel boy," she finally answered Malachi. "I'm game." Her face showed just the slightest bit of irritation, as if she was agreeing to something she really didn't want to.
"Lemme get my stuff." With that, Cora turned and headed back up the stairs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 pm 

Binadorm just chuckled "Well I always say the more the merrier but lets see if memory serves me right Eldorn Lake is a place of spirits both good and bad so we are just as likely to get a helping hand and friendly advice as we are going to get a battle and curses and they say that a sorrow crazed Archai still lives there but I am not sure if he is still alive" The Treinis scratched his chin a moment before continuing "The Pilgrim Road seems the safest but with safety there are always bandits ready to take advantage of a caravan but I'm sure we can take care of a few bandits."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:42 pm 
Matrix Operator

Dane punched the air enthusiastically. "Yeah! We can- wait, what?" The fact that a woman was joining the expedition puzzled him slightly, but he let it slide. Malachi must know what he's doing. Or maybe he sees something in her that I don't. He had noticed her eying the map, and made a mental note to watch out for possible kleptomania.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:11 am 
Master Old Dragon

Malachi felt the ripple of tension that ran through the room as Cora was properly welcomed aboard, along with Wardonis, and briefed on what lay before them. For the moment, he opted to allow Binadorm to take the lead, as the Trienis clearly knew the paths that stretched across the Killing Fields and the Crystal Plains. Other areas would undoubtedly be simply unexplored, and so they would have to rough it as far finding their way around those areas like the Wetlands, where few had managed to survive, and most simply avoided all contact.

And so, while noting that Law was missing- though Law seemed like the sort to know pretty much what he was doing- he stood back and allowed the talk to evolve on its own. Various ideas hit the table, and with each one, he felt something pulling at the corner of his mind, like a cat on a piece of string. The Killing Fields, he remembered, had not always been the barren wasteland that they were today. In his mind's eye, the Archai saw a lush field of green, running to the horizon, uninterrupted. As Binadorm addressed the dangers of the Crystal Plains, his vision blurred with images of massive glass golems, marching across the plain with nary a word. But then the vision twisted and warped, and in the reflections of the glass something leered with a fanged grin at him, flames engulfing it as light swept over it.

Malachi shook his head to dispel the images and found that talked had dwindled. He came to the conversation just as Binadorm was mentioning bandits on the Pilgrim's Road. "Oh, there are more than a few, I can assure you," he scoffed, "And they aren't the typical types either. We're talking crazed, magic-experimenting, half-zombified bandits that would sooner shoot you than look at you." He couldn't explain how he knew the next detail. "Either that or they'd drag you off somewhere as a sacrifice to their 'god' and turn you into a shell of your former self."

The comment drew disturbed glances, and feeling the discomfort in the room, he quickly chuckled and touched the holographic image of the map, creating a bright green dot at their current location. "They obviously never learned how to play nice in nursery school, so I think to avoid them altogether, we should consider other options. There is another route that we haven't considered here."

The indigo eyes sparked with the slightest hint of a smirk as he considered the map for a moment. Slowly, one long, elegant finger traced its way across the screen, creating a lighted trail that crossed the Killing Fields, and headed into the Crystal Plains. From there, it snaked its way through the Plains entirely, moving over the length from west to east, and between Lake Eldorn and the Namith Swamp- smack in between the two!- and into the Dairine.

"It's probably more dangerous as far as the natural stuff we'll encounter, but there's less chance of meeting up with any... humanoid hostiles. They control that entire region, from the eastern edge of the Killing Fields clear to the Lake." Malachi couldn't rightly say fully, but he knew that he wanted to avoid the bandits and other humans in the area at all costs. To explain in a manner that would cover everything, he added, "Easier to shoot an animal than a man, after all."

After some debate, it was decided apparently, that they would take the suggested route, simply for the simplicity of not having to deal with other hunters. Each went to gather his or her things. They agreed to meet in front of the bar in 30 minutes- enough time to gather supplies and ready their means of conveyance. Not everyone had ridden in on vehicles, but those that had not were offered rides- they would take the vehicles as far as possible before ditching them in a city or town. Malachi offered the backseat of his motorcycle to any who cared to occupy it. That same, infuriating grin crossed his features as he leaned against it, waiting for the others to return, and for Law to show himself. It was an expression that they would come to know, hate and love over the course of the journey, for much like Malachi himself, it belied an enigma that had barely begun to crack.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:54 pm 

Location: Somewhere over the river and through the trees he is hunting the big bad wolf with a table knife.
It’s been awhile since I’ve had a good adventure, an encounter with those bandits in the killing fields might be fun, and I’d find it preferable to spirits my hands and weapons can’t touch.” The inn floor creaked and his arsenal of weapons clanked loudly as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. “Though I’d have to agree, we’d most likely encounter less conflict in the crystal plains the creatures out there are… odd, and all together unusual. If were not prepared it has potential to be more dangerous but as long as were vigilant we should be ok. It’d be faster as well.” Ward leaned over pointing at a line that leads parallel but at a distance from the lake. ”If we took this route we’d stay at least a half a days travel from the lake and we’d just skirt it. I personally think that’d be the safest route, golems are the only thing in that area and those aren’t all that bad. And here” points at a point where the line of trees resume the road “there is a farmer I know, we’d be able to barter supplies with should we need too his wife has a few talents that may help us as well.”

Ward leaned back reviewing the map his concerns were oriented in the best route to travel that would allow him to protect all his new friends and still might raise potential fun along the way. He was coming into his 30th season and was well experienced with the world and its dangers, so much so it was becoming boring, but he didn’t know it all, he was the 1st to admit all. Even at his age he hungered to learn and experience new things. Having friends to do that with made it all the better. Many people thought of him as a brute because of his size but in truth he was quite intelligent, in actuality he had been a tactician for a major force in a past conflict. He was approaching this in a different way but scrutinizing it in a similar fashion. Unlike a war, losses were unacceptable.

“Yup, I’m pretty sure that might be the safest route, maybe not the most direct but the safest. Pilgrims road would be more fun though.”

Ward looked up finally and discovered only Malachi standing at the table, he’d been so focused on the problem and the route he hadn’t heard the group break up. He grinned at Malachi and headed over to the bar man and ordered a small pot of tea.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:05 am 
Legend of Old

The silhouettes of the fan cast spinning shadows around the floor of the single bed hotel room. Clothes were littered about, and not just from one able body. On a large bed with satin sheets were three beautiful women and Law himself wrapped in a sea of blankets. His signature hat and bandanna were still on his person. Whiskey bottles littered the floor and nightstands by the dozen and cigar smoke still wafted in the air from last night's charade.

Mouth agape and thoroughly inebriated, Law stirred slightly and let out a moan of discontent. His lids opened to reveal bloodshot eyes as he wiped the small stream of drool pooling on the side of his mouth. Law tried to roll out of bed and on his feet, but the alcohol content in his body prevented any such measure from occurring easily. After falling down on the floor with a thud, Law laid there face first contemplating exactly what happened, and where was he for the matter.

"Oh bloody hell. There you go again cowboy; spending all your money on alcohol like always, and regretting it in the morning."

Law pushed his naked body off of the floor and on to his feet. Adjusting his vision was challenging as the room refused to stop spinning despite his constant threats towards the walls. Two brands could be seen on his chest and shoulder blade: one rested over his heart and resembled a wolf's head and the other a pitchfork with an O over it that rested over his shoulder. Both were very scarred and look deep.

After stumbling around the room looking for his briefs (unsuccessfully), Law grabbed his guns and ammo belts laying down on the small night stand next to his bed and set eyes on the three women occupying the bed. The women were as beautiful as they were naked. Waking up in a strange room with multiple women was not an uncommon situation with Law after a night of "celebrating," but he still brandished a grin of achievement and laughed to himself.

"Wish I remembered THAT," Law said with a wide grin on his face.
Law wandered around the room and struggled to find his briefs. After wrapping a towel around himself, he stopped dead in his tracks when his hangover started to amplify the sound of Malachi's voice outside. The outlaw staggered to the window and opened in up, forgetting that he bore nothing but his hat, bandanna and towel of course.

"What in a lass' round and shiny ass are you raving on about you horse dick! It's too early for this..."

Law cut himself off as he noticed the sun was high past noon. The snake fang necklace dangled off his neck carelessly in the breeze. His senses flung him out of his hangover as adrenalin spiked through his heart. The whole crew was staring at him and he was late. And naked.

"Hey Law! We were wondering where you were! You are a little late mate! Are you ready to go?" Malachi chuckled.

"Is it time to go already? Right! Now.. uh... what were we doing again?"

"You remember? We are searching for the Lost Righteous!

"Right! The money, women, power, and whatnot. When are we leaving?"

"We were suppose to meet up an hour ago."

"Well ---- me. Pus spewing bloodgut from hell!"

Law quickly found his briefs and grabbed his coat, favorite pair of jeans, and bolted out the bedroom door. The crew outside could hear cries of pain and the sound of a large object tumbling down stairs. After several harsh and profound curse words, Law was seen kicking the front door open and hopping on one leg struggling to put on his pants. After a moment, Law was fully dressed and running full speed towards the crew. After approaching the crowd, Law caught his breath and rested his palms on his weapons hugging his side.

"Terribly sorry about that. Had a little too much fun last night if you guys know what I mean. So where were we?"

While awaiting a response, Law picked up a small bottle of whiskey he was carrying and dipped a tooth brush inside it and brushed his teeth.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:19 am 

At the sight of Law brushing his teeth with whiskey Binadorm busted out laughing "We had just decided our path and we intend to go through the Crystal Plains first" Then with an impish grin... or as impish as a pantherlike face can get Binadorm continued "How was the company last night?" fully realizing that Law had gotten so drunk last night that he would have no recollection of his actions last night.

Well since everyone is here I guess we should start divvying up who rides with who I am not too great at driving should their be any trouble... which I fully expect so someone will have to drive for me."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:14 am 
Legend of Old

Law chuckled at his feline friend's remarks. He spoke, but he realized his words were inaudible with the tooth brush in his mouth. After gargling the whiskey, he spat out the alcohol into the sand clumping it together.

"You know damn well it was fun. Now if only I could remember it," Law said.

"The Crystal Plains are going to be rough this time of year. I know a safer route into the killing plains! The indigenous people have a thing for me out there in the desert sand. Though you would not be able to tell. They did not kill me mind you, so I guess they like me. I am more than sure they can grant us supplies and safe passage."

Law gave Binadorm a friendly slap on the back while saying, "They would love you my friend. They have a hard on for their "natural breather-in" or something like that."

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:13 pm 

Rounding the corner from the neighboring black smiths shop, Ward saw who had just joined the party and charged over to give em a great hug. Law seeing the incoming giant, and recognizing him, knew very well what was coming and his weapons were out in a flash but before he could say anything he was lifted in a massive hug that threatened to squeeze the air from his lungs. “Teddy Bear” Ward exclaimed with joy, completely oblivious of the gun against his temple and the put me down or die expression on Law’s face. “Kitty didn’t say you were coming too, it’ll be just like old times. This’ll be grand” Ward let Law slip back to the ground where he nearly stumbled in his inebriated state but kept his feet and even managed to maintain an air of “that didn’t just happen”.

Turning to Malachi he attempted to introduce Law unaware they knew each other. He then offered his vehicle for use by the party motioning to a white custom painted 6 wheeled diesel truck with a wide covered flat bed. “That’s mine over there, heh I really don’t fit into much else” he said with a small facieses grin.

The truck looked like a smaller old military truck with double smoke stacks rising up on either side of the back of the cab, 2 wheels on the front under the cab and 4 in the back supporting the bed allowed for heavy cargo. A ribbed canopy extended back across the bed providing shade and cover, at the moment the back was empty except for 1 large and 1 small chest fastened to the back of the cab.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:54 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Cora had gathered her things and walked outside to meet Malachi. She nodded a greeting towards him as she exited the bar. The wind tousled her short, chestnut hair as she scanned the scene before her. No longer blocked by clouds of dust, the sun beat down brighter than the day before. Cora unhooked her cap from her backpack and put it on.
"Better," she mumbled to herself. Her thoughts began to wonder, trying to imagine the journey that was soon to start. But they were quickly interrupted by somebody yelling from the top floor of the bar. Cora looked up to see a half-naked man at one of the windows shouting at Malachi. Cora didn't remember seeing him at the meeting, but then again, she hadn't paid much attention to the others.
She chuckled to herself as the next thing she heard was someone falling down the stairs. The half-naked man, now somewhat dressed, came darting out of the bar to join the group. Cora rolled her eyes as he brushed his teeth with whiskey.
Great. . .one of those types. . ., she thought to herself.
After the guys finished joking with the newcomer, the conversation turned to transportation. Cora glanced over at Malachi's motorcycle.
"I'll need a ride. I walked here," Cora interjected, still eyeing the motorcycle.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:53 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Malachi chuckled as the scenes unfolded before him. Indeed, he was happy to see that so many already seemed to know Law. he got the feeling that he would be a cohesive character along the journey. Argue as they might, they all seemed to enjoy his presence, and most even laughed at the whiskey/toothbrush bit. Everyone, that is, except Cora. The Archai noted the exasperated way in which she rolled her eyes at the display, and couldn't help but shake his head and chuckle to himself. If anything, he got the feeling that she quite unlike any of the women this group had met... The fact that she was the only woman accompanying them on this little journey only made it that much more amusing.

When she saw his motorcycle, he noted a shift in her emotions, and grinned at the feeling of raw envy that she sent his way. While he allowed the others to sort out their vehicles, he made his way over to her, his long coat rustling a little in the constant, hot breeze that tore through the town. He rested a hand on the bike and leaned against it, adjusting his newsie cap in the hot sun. "Glad to see someone else with an appreciation for bikes," he said, "Real beauty, she is. Seeing as you walked, I'd be happy to let you ride with me." There was no hint of flirtation in his voice, just a friendly tone, and an expression of sincerity.

While awaiting her response,, he spoke aloud to everyone else. "Alright, grab a vehicle and let's go, I want Havensword to be a speck on the horizon by nightfall." It was a warning to grab a seat and follow the leader.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next