Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:39 pm

Post subject: a different type of art
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:48 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

okay personally i wish i could draw, but that aint happening so i write poems and books. this topic is for anyone who would like to share a dragon poem
RULES: (yes there are rules)
-no using someone else's poem for homework or a project or something
-no direct slams at other people, on the forum or not
-no excessive springtime happenings, if you get my drift-no one wants to read that

ok i would post a poem first, but im in study hall and i dont have my notebook with me

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:20 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

alright now i can post it

Song of Fire

Beauty in fire
Wings lifted in flight
Head raised in triumph
Flies through the night

Warrior nocturnal
No sword do you need
Flame be your weapon
That others must heed

Thought hell's own demon
But no truth is known
Of you the great shadow
And the place you call home

You the great hunter
Now become prey
Man knows not, yet fears you
And you he will slay

Oh powerful fighter
Fly far while you can
I come here to warn you
Of the dangers of man
-SM (my initials. if you think im posting my name you're insane)

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:51 am 
British Redcoat

Very nice :D

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:53 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
here's one i wrote in seventh grade(that was only 2 years ago just to let you know) i think i may have posted it once before, but that thread is probably long dead.

Once
I thought I heard you calling
Once
I though I saw your face
Once
I thought I saw you soaring
Far across this earth and space

Are you out there
Silently waiting
Are you out there
Watching me
Are you out there
Merely passing
Or is there no real purpose for me

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:08 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

thats awesome
yeah im only a grade above you
my muse usually visits me during brit lit cuz the teachers so boring, if i dont write ill fall asleep

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:06 pm 
Silver sorceress

normally during classes i write little two line poems. this isnt really isnt a dragon poem but it is one that i wrote yesterday and i want to get someones oppinion about it:

When you look up above you
Do you see the sky?
When you look to the sky
Do you see the heavens?
When you look to the heavens
Do you see someone there?

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:38 am 
Knowledgeable Dragon

alright this one i wrote in a notebook that had a flower pattern on the top that (being me) I thought looked like a dragon
Dragon
I see a dragon on the top
of this page. Others may see
flowers and leaves, but they
would be mistaken. I think
dreams come true. Not
daydreams. Real dreams that
predict the future of the
next day or week. That's
dejavu. Not all dreams come
true (thank God) or I would be
hiding in a canyon being
chased by a helicopter (cue
helicopter noise outside) or
in a waterpark with a 2-headed
T-rex and Eric's parents would
be dead.
Do you think I'm insane? I
do. But then, who is sane?
Who is this all-encompassing
"normal" that we all strive to
be or stay as far away as
we can from? I'm not normal.
But neither are you.

*when i wrote the poem, and i wrote about the helicopter dream, there really was a helicopter noise outside my window*

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:08 pm 
Silver sorceress

i kinda like it. a bit different but totally expresses how i feel some days. here's another one of mine.

I don't really know if you are there
But I do know that you'd come from the air
Some people say that there is space
Between my hair and the front of my face

I dont know if they are right or wrong
All I know is that i heard your song
It was long ago but i still recall
When I stood outside and heard your call

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:10 pm 
Silver sorceress

here are a few of my new ones. not all of them are dragon related(i'm pretty sure at least one of them is) but i kinda need an opinion on them. i want to send them to one of my teachers who wants to send them onto some sort of competition and i want to know which ones would be the best to send to him.

In silence I sat and I sat with the silence
Though the silence did talk I talked to the silence
When the silence did speak I spoke for the silence
All the silence is in me I am keeper of keys

If I ask about the yellow cow I’m told he ate yellow grass
If I ask about the purple cat I’m told he drank purple milk

Let the words flow from lips
Let the songs flow from hearts
Let the voices be heard
From the angel’s sweet harps
If there ever was a time
Where the music turned sour
It was lost in all memories
Of life final sweet hour

I seem to remember hearing your voice
Way off in the distance but I was left with no choice
I could not follow the sweet sound I heard
I could only just listen as my soul flew with birds

A quiet sound of a trickling spring
A reminder of that day
The wind’s air brushing across my face
Was showing me the way
If I had known what awaited me
I would never have followed
But since I was young and quite naïve
I was swept into her sorrow
I didn’t know that I was caught
Until I saw her face
The silent tears that joy had sought
Had stayed for all her days
A peace of mind was what she lacked
But the peace I could not give her
I stood and stared at the face of death
As it swallowed up her life
I stood and watched the silent wrath
Consume her woes and strife

I don’t know what happened
I guess I really don’t care
But all I know is that I hear them
As the tell stories through the air
I once could here only whispers
And sometimes even less
But now I hear their lives unfold
As I am put to the test
My job is to record them
As let life hear their tales
But even though I try so hard to succeed
Some sorrows still wait behind veils

On mighty wings you circle the earth
Watching your children far below
You wish to send counsel to soothe their pain
But our hearts and our minds have far to go
We don’t understand what you wish us to do
And we don’t see what you’re sending our way
We have to have time to discover the new
Before the past can be clear for the day
When you come down to greet us
And embrace us with love
Then we will all know
That you had watched from above

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: wow.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:20 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

these are all great poems, i have a poem about dragons, but i can't access it from this computer. hopefully in the future, i'll be able to put it on the website. great job.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:24 am 
Cererean Princess

I'm a writer. I've am going to put my story on here (not all of it, do yoo fink i'm stoopid)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:26 am 
Matrix Operator

I won't even begin to address that issue.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If you hate dragons,
They will eat you.

Hickory dickory dare,
The crusader flew through the air.
There was a fault
With the catapault.
Hickory dickory dare.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:03 pm 
Cererean Princess

Heres one Extract.

The dragon swooped down and picked up a sheep. She took it to a perch and started to eat it. She would need to take some back to her lair for her eggs were about to hatch. Since her mate had been killed by the humans she was the sole hunter.
She finished eating it and took off. She swooped down and caught two others for her young. The moonlight glinted off her scales as she turned back to her lair.

Another One.

He surfed the internet for a bit. He went on Dragnix and posted a poll topic in Dragon Discussions.

Dragon Sighting

· Yes
· No
· Maybe

I know you’ll think this is another ‘i saw a dragon yes i did it was a frost dragon the dragonology books correct i am a dragon yes i am’. I am talking about that farmer who said he saw a dragon. Is he on drugs or not? What do you think?

He checked the other forums too. Eternal Twilight had somehow got more posts than Ex’s tavern.
He checked Noidchip as well. Apparently VeriChip had just got a commission from the E.U to forcibly implant all of its citizens. Implanting had been ‘voluntary’ till then, meaning everything was designed for Verichip use but you didn’t have to have one. Implanting would commence at every school and town hall in the country. Tobias made a mental note to do a runner with a teacher’s car as soon as he got to school. He fingered the wires and circuits in his pocket. With them he could hotwire a car, build a radio, build an EMP (Electro magnetic pulse), clone a Verichip, and build a Verihacker… They were very useful to have. You could break into a secret military base with them. You just needed the right supposedly infallible VeriCode.

And Another

The first thing Tobias noticed was the unnerving silence. Rossendale School may not be that big but it always had some noise. The complete silence was disturbing. It was too quiet.
He looked into the conference room. No-one. Reception. No-one. Where was everybody? They couldn’t all be being chipped at the same time. Could they? Surely there’d be some noise? People protesting, the micro-surgeons working…

What about Another.

Once through he looked around the staffroom and workroom. It was just as empty as the rest of the school. He kept thinking of twenty eight days later. The scene when the main character goes out into London and it’s totally deserted.
The TV was on and playing the news.

Amazing Footage of a Dragon

“We have just got some amazing footage of a Dragon in Rossendale. At 08:46 this morning the dragon burst into the sky. Our Reporter was there to interview the ‘dragon man’ when the dragon flew overhead. Our camera man caught this footage.â€￾

The screen changed to show the footage. A dragon was swooping through the air. It appeared to be dodging something…
Crossbow bolts! People were trying to shoot it down! The camera swung around and showed the crowd of people who had crowded around the news crew. Tobias leaned closer to the screen. Surely it wasn’t…
It was! Everyone in the school was there! Well, except Jack of course.
Tobias was distracted by a loud beating of wings. He rushed outside. The dragon was flying right above him!
He glanced downwards. A crossbowman was lining up his sights to hit the dragon. Tobias rushed down the fire escape but was too late. The crossbow bolt went flying towards the dragon. It hit its left wing.
The dragon screamed in pain, the crossbow bolt sticking out of its wing like a bee sting. It went plummeting downwards. The dragon hit the ground with a sickening thud.

Another.

Tobias neared the quarry. They had set a van up as their base. Tobias decided to do a Panama. He pressed the accelerator down fully and went flying towards their base. Just before impact he jumped out. He timed it perfectly. Just as the car hit he rolled on the ground and got up unscathed. The dragon slayers weren’t so lucky. They were thrown across the quarry and landed with a thump against the rock face.

Eggs! There was a clutch of about twenty eggs lying in the middle of the cavern. He was about to rush over to them when…
“Not so fastâ€￾ said a voice and he felt a crossbow butt ram into his back.
“What have dragons done to you?â€￾ Tobias said through his teeth.
“Nothing in General.â€￾
Tobias made a move and a crossbow bolt went off. The man behind Tobias felt to his knees dead. The other person fell dead from a crossbow bolt to.
Tobias looked around for the mysterious crossbowmen. Standing at the entrance to the cavern was a man who looked about seventeen holding a crossbow. “Thanks,â€￾ Tobias said.

Another.

Tobias glanced at the clutch and noticed two eggs were starting to hatch. He rushed over to them.
“What are you doing?â€￾ the guy asked.
“What does it look like?! The dragons are starting to hatch!â€￾
A little blue dragons head was starting to poke out of its shell. Tobias knelt by the hatching dragon. He glanced to the side and saw the guy was doing the same with the other dragon.
With a crack the rest of the shell fell off the dragon. The little wet dragon struggled to its feet and turned its hungry eyes on the dead sheep lying near the hatching ground. Tobias followed its gaze. He rushed to the carcass and started cutting pieces off it with his pocket knife to feed the ravenous hatchling.

And another.

Tobias stood up in amazement. He’d Impressed a dragon! He was a Dragon Rider! He punched his arm to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. Ouch. So it was real.
He looked around for the other guy. He was sitting down in a corner with the other hatchling. Tobias picked up his dragon and walked over.
“It’s been an interesting turn of events. I came into school today dreading a normal Monday and end up Impressing a dragon.â€￾

“You have become a serious obstacle to our plans. We cannot have rogue riders flying around causing havoc. The dragons tried to stop us; we had them killed. Those eggs are the last on Earth. With another species we could just let inbreeding do our work for us. Not so dragons. The have some genetic quirk which suppresses and harmful combinations. But no-one can be allowed to stop our plans.â€￾
“What, the utter subjugation of humanity under a One World government. Let me guess, you’re behind the worlds governments. Are you, the Bilderberg?
“The Bilderberg are but tools. The real power belongs to our Master.â€￾
“This is mad. I expect a horrible Monday and here I am, talking to some crazed servant of the antichrist. It is the antichrist who’s your master?
“You know too much. Kill them!â€￾ The crossbowman levelled his weapon and a bolt flew through the air. A second bolt killed the person who seemed to be in charge.
“That’s the second time you’ve saved my life from crazy people with crossbows.â€￾
“Well, they would have killed me afterwards,â€￾ replied the person.

And another.

They were being circled now. “Time to turn up the heat,â€￾ the guy said. Realizing what he meant Tobias pulled out a small can of deodorant and a lighter. He started spraying the deodorant and slowly raised the lighter up to the spray of deodorant. With a whump the spray ignited and he had a makeshift flame thrower. Once he had it he started burning the corpses. Between them they reduced the bodies to a pile of smouldering ash.
“Oh, yes, I didn’t get the chance to ask what you name is?â€￾ Tobias asked
“Jason,â€￾ he replied. “And yours?â€￾
“Tobias. Or, maybe, now that I’m a DragonRider, T’bias, like in the DragonRiders of Pern. We’d better get going before they realise their operatives are dead.â€￾

Thats all I am willing to show. You'll have to but the book for the rest.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:33 pm 
Matrix Operator

Copyright! Copyright violation! Get me my lawyer!

LOL jk but hairspray makes a better fuel than deodorant, and smells better.

And why would we "but" the book? Assuming none of us are goats?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:26 am 
Cererean Princess

What? I merely made a character inspired by your RP character. Well, maybe not inspired, maybe just a blatent rip off, but...

Anyway, I intended to say buy the book.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Poem
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:45 pm 
Needles
They are in the mouth
Fire
It comes from within
And
Manifests itself from without
Run
Because the Flying Beast
Is
Going to eat you.
Wings
Pump
Fast
Flying
Higher than the sky
Beyond all expectations
Science
Cannot explain
The call of the Dragon.
-DragonLover69

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:52 am 
Matrix Operator

*nods apreciativley*

Haikus often
Don't make sense
Refridgerator.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:07 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

Falconer wrote:
*nods apreciativley*

Haikus often
Don't make sense
Refridgerator.

Thats funny.

Heres a Haiku:

The dragons wrath comes,
It's silent,
But it still will come.

:D

"Being wierd is normal,
Being normal is wierd." -Me

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:57 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

i wrote this while i was at treatment, i made a very good friend there, his name is Daniel

Dragon Eyes

The Ever Watching Eyes watch over all.
They even saw Saddam Hussein fall.
They watched you come, they watched you go.
They watched the flowers, then the snow.
They’ve seen and heard everything they need.
Now they’re done and they can proceed.
They saw the beginning of time.
They saw the making of a dime.
They saw the first life and how it began.
They saw how a cell turned into a man.
They saw the making of the car and plane.
They even saw Cristal go insane.
Their names are Adrian and Dan.
They come from the Dragon Clan.
They’ve done so much, with much to come.
They’re lucky that they’ve started so young.
They stand very tall and very proud.
While yelling their names out loud.
Without doubt and without fear,
That someone might think them queer.
They are very strong, but oh so humble.
And they will never say “noâ€￾ to a royal rumble.
They will stand and protect their name.
They will get up and fight without shame.
They see you fall,
They hear you call.
They watch while a baby cries,
They watch with their dragon eyes.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:28 pm 
G.E.E.K.

Here is a poem I wrote for a competition at my school. It is untitled.

It's amazing how power
Can make people cower
In Hatred fear and spite

How a few simple lines
in a well planned time
can turn the tide in a fight

Yet few can know
what love does hold
in times of plunder and plight

or what it can bring,
oh what a wondrous thing,
in times of deminished light

For love's true song
does not belong
with those who would treat it slight

It will be owned
and only be shown
to those with proper sight

And it's amazing how love
is as gentle as a dove
in joyous endless flight

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:36 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

Ok this really isn't a dragon one nor a very good one but I decided i'll post it since i have nothing to do.

There standing on a hill
His fur as white as snow
Surveying the forest, all obey his will
with a loyalty only they can know
He and his pack hunt caribou
Using teamwork they kill all they need
In every pack there are a few
these few are born to lead
They fight it out until the end
Our white furred friend came out on top
So now he is the alpha male
He shall defend the pack until he drops
However all great leaders must one day fall
He met his end by grizzly bear
That wolf was the greatest of all
Yet, even in death he still incites fear
For though he is gone, His spirit lives on
For he is the guardian of the forest
- Tyler

All comments appreciated.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: A Lonely Night
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:27 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Scale and tooth,
fire and air,
I watch the dragon stare
Horizon dark
with clouds of gray,
His face full of despair

Lonely is
a dragons night,
A friend? A mate?
None near
This creature so noble,
such power he holds,
but yet there is such fear

The dragons now
are few and far,
with none to call his own
none to nurture
through the day
none to share his dragon home

There are those,
who fight this beast
they just don't see his pain
He simply seeks
to defend
his dragon domain

he defends all day
with all his might
so one day he may see
another dragon
one like him
to raise a family.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:36 am 
Matrix Operator

Silence
Sleep
Wings flapping.

Destruction
Everywhere
Fire and brimstone.

Houses burning
People screaming
Dragon comes.

Talons outspread
Fiery breath
He comes for midnight snack.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:50 am 
i cant write poetry much but her is a sort of poem i think.

the reaper his blackened face
with his sythe of ice
take his hand with a leap of faith
his hands are old and cold in this little place
he takes a step to your door with his eyes down
he knocks and you will open it to be taken away yeah
his land of ice is very bright
filled with broken hearts taken down to his door you will be a door
his shadow on your little back making you dispair

err hope you like it *bows and runs away* :arrow: