Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

Post subject: Draconic Story: Excerpt II
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:41 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Aness crept along the dark, silent street, her ears twitching at every disembodied sound. She turned the corner and stopped. A man shrouded in a black cloak stood before her, tossing an azure bottle from hand to hand.

The man noticed her, paused, then spoke: "Who disturbs the quiet of this night so boldly?"

"One who seeks annulment for past sins." She answered in a calm, level tone.

The man visibly relaxed. "Awful young for a thief, especially one with such a reputation." he said almost mockingly.

"Reputation matters not, it is skill that holds the key. Now," she held out a bulging purse, "my cure."

"Very good," he accepted the offered pouch and jingled it. "very good indeed." He tossed her the vial, which she caught effortlessly. Happily the man put the purse in his robes.

"What about the other two?"

The man chuckled. "Whatever do you mean, this is barly enough for one, let alone three."

"Why you--" The man raised his hand cutting her off. It glowed sapphire in the dim lamplight.

"With skill you must have cunning, have an advatage over your opponent at all times. Learn to decieve. You would do well to remember that in the next life."

"Don't I get a last word?" She said feigning innocence. She slipped a dagger from her belt with her yellow tail and gave it to her concieled hand.

He chuckled yet again. "And what would that be?"

"Die." She kicked his hand away and threw the crystal dagger, hitting him in the shoulder. He staggered and fell. Cursing the man pulled out the knife, releasing the poison. He threw it away in agony, as his flesh began to rot.

She picked up that dagger and wiped it, then put it away. She turned to him before leaving and said: "You betrayed me and for that you will die, along iwth hundreds more by my unwilling hand. She walked away from the all-to-common sceams of anguish, tears running down an otherwise emotionless face. So this is the fate of a monster.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:45 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
wow......................it's really good. sounds kinda like a intro to a book. is that what it is or is it actually part of a book with more info before it?

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:55 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
It is part of my book that Ive been working on for quite a while, I finally got out of an unusually long writing block and decided to celebrate. This part is hinting at the fact that she is a werewolf or werecat, haven't decided yet.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:33 pm 
Silver sorceress

is it at the beginnig of the book or in the middle somewhere?

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:55 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

It is in the middle, but this is the second part of an introduction to this character.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:45 pm 
Silver sorceress

ok that makes more sense.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:16 am 
Neophyte Hatchling
Neophyte Hatchling

is this suposed to be a major diologue because there is alot of talking.... :D :) :? :(

in you and me

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:50 pm 
Silver sorceress

hey u did the same little face thing, except with less faces, and i still dont kno wut they mean. :(

why do u want to kno if its a major dialogue? just because there is a lot of talking doesnt really mean much, does it?

Offline Profile