Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:48 pm

Post subject: New story
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:04 pm 
Isitarian Legend

It's the redone version of my other; the one with the griffins and such. It's set in the future, after Aiolos has grown old. First in my attempted series, and I'm going to keep myself from trashing it.

Beware, longness:

Of all the legends to tell, my life’s story is probably one I’ve told not but three times. People and dragons alike have asked me, and I’ve declined every one. But you seemed different. You seemed…promising. No lie showed in your eyes, no lie that you would not repeat my story to the world, revealing some of my most precious secrets and knowledge. I seemed, oh, I don’t know how to explain it, I seemed…willing to reveal what’s been lurking inside my mind for an eon. You see, dear child, there are things that I know, things that I have seen, far to complicated and horrid, so horrid that no sane creature should have to live with for as long as I have. Even from hatching, I have had to face the hardships of death and kidnaps, of fleeing your home to a place forbidden to all, of being on the verge of selling your soul…. Just to escape what you cannot. The horrible effects of war, and the aftermath- healing the dying, burying the deceased, prowling through the night as you hunt down what survivors may be left, only to be confronted by your most trusted friend, dead….lying in a clearing.
Oh, my friend, there will be no end to this story, for even now I am hunted. Even now as I sit in this humble cave, upon this mountain overlooking that clear and placid lake. Even now, what few Kohiri demons that survived, survived that bloody battle of Riylaff, are roaming the land, searching for any trace of me they can dig up. I’ve done my best to keep from sight, but even I cannot escape all. I’m old now, and I am not as limber and quick as I used to be. The Kohiri demons have caught onto me, they know my secrets; they could find me if they truly wished. But they prefer to let me wait, knowing that I will be caught soon, but that is just the way of the Kohiri; they like to mentally torture their prey before moving in. So, little one, I must tell you my story before it is to late, before they arrive at my doorstep for the kill.
Now please, no interruptions, for I have much to explain and will not be through in time if we pause to much:

A gray egg fell from the sky, to fast for the naked eye to detect. Its perfectly smooth surface was striped with blue, and it was shaped in a slightly imperfect circle, or oval, if you prefer. The clouds swirled around it as it fell, almost as if they were attempting to ease its landing. It crashed through the treetops, snapping twigs and rustling the leaves.
The egg finally landing, quite softly, at that, in a shallow stream, deep in the heart of a forest. The gently flowing water lapped against its sides, tinting the egg a deeper shade of its former color. Pond skaters and small minnows cautiously approached it, curious of the new intruder in their home. The water around the egg warmed immensely, warding away the cold that would have eventually killed the embryo. Small ice chunks floated past, some disintegrating in the egg’s warmth. The last traces of Winter were washing away.

Birds sang happily in the surrounding trees, welcoming Spring’s warm embrace. Buds began to form on the tree’s bare limbs, and the old, dead grass was being replaced by healthy, green blades. The mysterious egg that had fallen from the sky was still nestled in its stream, where the rocks and plants had grown around it; creating a sort of natural nest. The pond skaters and minnows had adjusted quite nicely to the egg’s presence, and darted around playfully. But with every new Year comes new birth; and new birth isn’t always a good thing.
Out in the distance, dogs the size of cars ran through The Plain, howling and barking as they went. Each possessed a pair of vestigial wings, which now served as paddles for swimming in the water.

Bwahaha, give me any tips you've got; my feelings are of steel.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:15 am 
Wanderer
Wanderer

so far so good :D

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:13 pm 
Solitary Serpent

Okay, you can't just leave us hanging like that! I mean, for crying out loud! What happens?! Where's the rest of the story?! Must. . .finish. . .story! *searches desperately through every notebook that can be found* :grrrr: Where is it?! What happens next?!

(by the way, in case you can't tell, i really like it. very good.)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:44 pm 
Isitarian Legend

Thank you! I can post the next part, if you'd like...Whiiich, I guess you do. :D

Offline Profile