Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 am

Post subject: the rest of my story
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:51 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
some of u wanted to read the rest of this so here it is:

The six of them always met in a little room above Spencer’s bedroom. It was their own secret club room, considering the only way to get there was through a door in Spencer’s ceiling and a passageway that connected the two houses on each side of his. It used to be just five, Spencer and the quintuplets that lived on his right; Mikey, Don, Leo, and Phil. They had been meeting there since they were six, now they were in eighth grade at St. Ann’s torturing their teachers. Mary Ann joined the group that year when she moved into the house on the other side of Spencer and found her way into the secret room through her end of the passage.
After that those kids became more than just a few friends, it was almost as if they were a family. The boys would always treat Mary Ann like a little sister even though she was a few months older than them. They called their secret room “The Towerâ€￾ and went up there everyday after school to help each other with homework. Everything was great, at least until college. Then things started to change. Mary Ann’s family decided that it would be a good idea to move back to their old neighborhood and have Mary Ann go to college over there, leaving the boys behind with the feeling that part of their hearts ad been ripped out when the “For Sale/Soldâ€￾ sign was put up in front of her house.

☻☺☻

It’s been twenty years since I last saw the boys, twenty years since I last walked through the secret passageway to The Tower. It’s been twenty years since the last time I walked up the stairs to my old room. That’s were I was now, in my old room unpacking my stuff. I decided to move back here last year when I saw my old house was for sale.
The funny thing is even though I’ve been living here for a month now I still don’t know who is living in Spencer and the quintuplets’ houses. Jane Loyer, my other neighbor, says they went on a camping trip and wouldn’t be back for another month. I had been living in my old house for two months when the camping crew finally came back.
The first time I saw them I had to make sure I wasn’t dreaming, they looked just like Spencer, Don, Leo, Mikey, and Phil. I decided to make sure by going over there to offer my assistants on unloading their car.
“Do you need any help unloading?â€￾ I called as I headed down my driveway. The five of them turned around when I called out, and then one of them started laughing.
“No way! You came back?â€￾ I was pretty sure he was Mikey considering he had the same lop-sided smile and the same mass of untamable hair.
“Why shouldn’t I have?â€￾ I teased, “Do you not want me around?â€￾
“No, it’s just that we didn’t expect you to remember us,â€￾ replied Don, leaning on Mikey’s shoulder.
I laughed, how could I not? These guys had always made me laugh, and apparently they still do.
“What are you doing back here Mary Ann?â€￾ Spencer looked at me questionably.
“I got a job at St. Ann’s teaching English,â€￾ I replied.
The guys looked at each other and smiled. “Well what do you know; Mary Ann just doesn’t want us to have all the fun,â€￾ Phil said with a silly grin on his face.
“Whatever do you mean?â€￾ at this point they had me completely baffled.
“When you went away to whatever college you went to,â€￾ Leo started
to explain, “the five of us decided to stay close to home and go to St.
Ann’s College, and then work at St. Ann’s
“No way!â€￾ after all these years of being away it ended up that the
guys and I were going to work in the same building.

After all this played out I realized the six of us would be seeing a lot
more of each other. I wonder if we will ever be “the club in The Towerâ€￾ again. I thought briefly as I walked up to my room. My thought was answered when I heard a knock from behind a wall panel in my room. I smiled as I slipped the hidden latch and opened the way to the passageway to The Tower. There was Leo standing there and smiling.
“Are you coming?â€￾ he asked.
I returned his smile, “Yeah, I’m coming,â€￾ I said and followed him to The Tower.

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:07 pm 
Tightwad

Everything is good. Except the word "stuff", but that's my pet peeve.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:00 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
well.................if its ur pet peeve then i wont change it

other than that thank u :D

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile