Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:45 pm

Post subject: Passion's Flame(Story)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:37 pm 
King of Dragons

Okay, so this is my second story. The first one, Angel Feathers was something I tried to do for fun, but couldn't...cause I made it up on the spot...oh well. Anywho, THIS story was written by myself and my best friend Kayla (Mia could have helped but she didn't know). We already have 96 notebook pages! The prologue's kinda stupid so I justgive you an overview. This story is present day Earth and is a battle between vampires and werewolves, the main character is Flame(a vampire) but we added some new concepts in this story. Vamp's breathe only out of habit and you will notice some other "human" qualities they possess (don't beat me up over it I'm sorry!) Well, hope you enjoy, we''l try to publish it when its revised and finished, right now this is the second copy I'm typing.

Chapter One: The Warrior from Zera

The cool night breeze worked its way around the silent oak trees of the park. The dew was barely condensing on the green grass as Flame peered out from her vantage point and smiled to herself. It certainly was good to get out of that stuffy castle! The dark air around her felt good as she leaned back against the tall tree she was sitting on. The branch was wide enough to hold her slim form, and the shadows were good as well. She sniffed the air tentatively, what normally would have brought goosebumps to her skin instead sent icy shivers down her spine. She smelled the wonderful smell of human flesh and a few seconds later she saw it, too.
A young man was briskly walking down the dirt path that wound its way around the park area's perimeter. As he walked through the bright circle of yellow light that spilled down onto the ground from the street light like a cascade, she analyzed the man for a weak point. But something was different about him, he smelled...cleaner. She shrugged the thought out of her brain and continued her gaze as he leaned against the light pole. She recoiled slightly as her gaze wandered to his head. He had striking looks. His deep azure eyes and crimson red hair fascinated her animal side for a second, but she shook her head and began to study his clothes with a more critical eye to see if he had a gun. Her eyes sweeped past his baggy, pale blue sweater and Levi jeans and spied. She gasped. A sword! Not even a regular one, but a long sleek rapier that was kept in a black leather sheath decorated with strange symbols she had never seen.
"No one carries a sword anymore," she thought to herself. She couldn't understand why a swordsman would wear such baggy clothes, though. "He must think it makes him look 'cool'," she thought with a sneer.
A few minutes later, she caught the scent of three or four more individuals approaching fast. They smelled unclean and also had a faint secnt of narcotics. Gangsters perhaps, she made a mental not of it.
Sure enough, four humans appeared out of the darkness. Well, three of them were men, the last was a woman. The men all wore balck jumpsuits, but the woman had her hair tied back in a bun, and sported a snappy looking business shirt with a compellingly short skirt.

If you would like a new avatar or sig pic, pm me and ask. ^^

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Continuation
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:50 pm 
King of Dragons

Flame almost fell out of the tree with astonishment, the woman was a werewolf! Flame did not even have to recognize the werewolf token scent of fur and soil, her hard feral looks gave away. Werewolves and vampires have a special disguise that they can pull on humans, yet this particular one was not concerned with that at all. As she approached the young man, he slid out of his sweater, revealing a sleeveless tight black that was tight against he body. Apparently, she was wrong about his idea about carrying a sword. If he wore sleeves they could snag and get in the way: he also wore comfortable leg-wear, jeans. She was amazed at the pricesness of his choices. The woman stepped forward and put downher suitcase, straightening up, she glanced at the man and smiled, showing her pointed teeth. Her gaze slid down his body like a snake, lingering on his rapier. "Drake, Drake," she shook her head. "We had a deal 'no weapons'."
"Drake" looked at her quizically at her then at the sword. A look of mock surprise came over his face. ""Oh, and I also believe one of the rules was that 'you bring no one with you' and yet you brought three friends."
She gnashed her animal like teeth at him and growled.
"Precautionary measures had to be taken t in order to protect the safety of this item." she retorted through gritted teeth.

If you would like a new avatar or sig pic, pm me and ask. ^^

Offline Profile