Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:15 am

Post subject: my story chapter two
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:59 am 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
ok so this is the first chapter in my book after a prologue was written. Here is the prologue's web address. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1700

And now for the story.

It was early, far too early to be up, especially on that day, granted at the moment Alondor did not know that it was that day of days. When he stood up and looked to his left, where his calendar was pinned to the wall he realized just what day it was. At this realization that it was that day his stomach tensed up, like it was expecting a new responsibility, not a pleasant one but a dreadful one, to befall it at any moment.
“Ugh” Alondor groans as he began to rub his temple in slow forward circles. He then began to stretch but stopped not even half-way through because it did not feel quite right, like he had been put in a new body that was not use to his routine.
After he had breakfast Alondor went up stairs to brush his teeth. In the bathroom mirror his shoulder length blonde hair seemed to lie on his head in a lonely dejected manner, like a wig that had been thrown on in a sad attempt at hiding his natural hair color. Then, looking at his mirror image more closely he noticed that behind his hazel eyes seemed to have seen more horrors in his eighteen years of life then any man had ever even thought of and as a result they appeared to of sunken deeper into his head. Every move he made, like picking up his toothbrush, seemed unnatural and spontaneous not like he had been doing it for a year.
The doorbell rang as Alondor was on his way to his room after his shower. On impulse Alondor went to the landing and looked down to see who it was. His dad, Kreg, went down passed him looking just as dejected as Alondor. Stacy, his mom, had come out of the kitchen to see who had come to see them on such a day
“Mailman?” Alondor wondered aloud as Kreg looked through the window next to the door. Seeming to of decided that there was no advantage to leaving it closed Kreg opened the door. When it was almost entirely open, a flash brightened the gloomy day. As Kreg went flying back a sizzling noise of what smelled liked chicken reached Alondor. Stacy screamed as a black haired man in a black pinstripe suit walked in with his arm raised. The man let off more electricity causing Stacy to crumple to the floor dead, and the smell of chicken to intensify. Looking slightly irritated he looked over at Alondor who was gaping at what had just happened. Expecting the mad man to turn his attention to him next Alondor turned around and began running up the stairs. Half way up the stairs Alondor heard a growl from the front door. Through the door bounded a black wolf with red ears. The wolf’s jump carried it over the man despite its teeth having latched onto the man as well. The man was flipped onto his back with the wolf still holding onto his shoulder.
Figuring that the winner of this brawl would go after him next, Alondor turned around and clammered up the rest of the stairs. Once at the top he ran to his room. Grabbing his walking stick Alondor waited for someone to come. Not only had ten minutes passed when he finally heard the stairs creak but Alondor was also getting tired of waiting. Mustering up all of his strength and preparing for the swing. Seeing a shadow appear outside his door, Alondor brought the stick around slamming into a pale white nose between startled red eyes. Looking down on the man, with a mop top haircut, in tight black jeans and a leather jackets, Alondor wondered when he had entered the house.
“He really should be more careful around people who are scared out of their minds,” a voice Alondor knew all too well chuckled. Looking up Alondor saw his old friend, Kedar, walking down the hallway like he had been sent up by Alondor’s mom like he would have done two years ago. Kedar was Alondor’s height with short messy brown hair. Not only was he wearing a brown and black sweater that had a red hood but he was also in loose blue jeans. Reaching them Kedar knelt down next to the pale man, who had to be their age, and poured a vial of what was unmistakably blood down his throat.
“V-V-Vampire!” stuttered Alondor stumbling backwards in surprise, for as Kedar moved his hand back the stranger was revealed to have extra large and sharp canines.
“You okay, Jarrick?” asked Kedar as the vampire got up with support of his elbows.
“Apart from a splitting headache from someone yelling,” replied Jarrick the vampire. Turning towards Alondor, he continued, “Yes, I am a vampire, but I also just helped save your life.”
“Since when do vampires turn into wolves?” inquired Alondor, referencing the wolf that had bounded into his house after his mom and dad had been shot.
“That was not me, I walked in after you had fled. The wolf that you saw was this gun jumping puppy,” replied Jarrick, gesturing towards Kedar. At that moment Alondor was so surprised he thought his jaw should have hit the floor.
“Now that you have given that piece of info out we can get to why I jumped the gun,” answered Kedar, “Last time I had contact with this house there were a total of four people living here. Which makes me wonder where Alondor’s sister, Samantha, is?”
“Dead, she died one year ago today,” replied Alondor, his voice breaking as the tears he had been holding back since he saw his parents killed broke through. He told Jarrick and Kedar everything about the fire that took his sister’s life.
“I am so sorry,” said Kedar, patting Alondor on the back, “However that means you are the only one living in this house, and as your friend I cannot leave you here alone. You are coming with us”
“Hold up, hold up, are you seriously planning on taking this human to the place where his species is hated?” inquired Jarrick.
Alondor was about to ask why humans were hated in the location they were discussing when Kedar responded to the question. “It does not matter that he is human, the fact is that his parents appeared to have had magical abilities,” responded Kedar, his voice steadily rising.
As these words floated through Alondor’s ears the question regarding the hatred of humans rushed out of his mind. “My parents didn’t have magical abilities, they were completely and totally normal!” Alondor interjected.
Glancing over at Alondor the serious vampire remarked in a voice that sounded like that of a teacher explaining something for the hundredth time, “The fact is that there was a time when magical abilities were natural to your kind, more so then any other race.”
Alondor was surprised, to put it mildly, and wanted to know more but thought that there might be a better time to ask. After this, Alondor made his next decision; he was not going to be left in a house where he would constantly relive memories.
Kedar was doing his own thinking at the time because he stated, “Either way he is still not being left alone seeing as the madman had to of had some reason for attacking this house, I mean he already attacked his sister.”
“Fine,” said the Vampire as he finally decided to get up off the ground, “but you are taking the blame for this.”
Alondor went to his room and packed what he felt was absolutely necessary and then went to his parents’ room. In his parents’ was a small ornate box with a griffin and a dragon on its lid. Inside the box were two gems that his parents would have gotten mad at him if he left them where they were after their death. Opening the box Alondor saw that the ruby and emerald that were kept within were perfectly safe. Burning with a never dieing fire was the appearance of the center of the ruby and full of a wind that could carry away a car was the appearance of the emerald. Putting the box into the non-descript bag that he had decided to put his stuff into Alondor walked downstairs and onto the front lawn where Jarrick and Kedar had moved to.
“Ready?” asked Jarrick looking at the bag Alondor was holding. Upon the conformation of this Jarrick grabbed Alondor at the elbow and shouted a word Alondor did not catch before darkness engulfed him.

sorry about the length hope you guys enjoy none the less

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: my story chapter two
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:50 pm 
hufflepuff head of house

Location: cross sections of spira, world that never was, hoenn, hogwarts, and the pegasus galaxy
is there something wrong with my story

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:52 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
EVERYTHING
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Joking i thought it was absolutely splendid... can't wait to read more :D :D :D :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:40 am 
hufflepuff head of house

thanks ire. i was really surprised when no one responded to this post

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:07 pm 

Location: Somewhere between reality and someplace really deep in the depths of fantasy and not coming out
I think it is more the location of the post and it seemed more like one of those posts where you just read it and didn't post about it, but appreciated nonetheless

and the fact we have been slow on activity for the last few weeks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:28 pm 
Master Old Dragon

Indeed, very interesting story, would love to read more. Hope you read mine as well mon ami ;)

Offline Profile