Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm

Post subject: Story Example - IceBlast
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:02 am 
British Redcoat

it was dawn, and the sweltering heat of the Sahara was already begining to beat down upon the backs of its inhabitants. one, a solitary Cave DRagon, known as Tahila, was ready ot hunt. as she stepped out into the sunshine, it glanced off her azure scales, making thme shimmer like jewels in the bottom of a lake. thin, 'pinched' face crowned with triple rows of cheek spikes rose to its limit, carefully lifting dew from the tops of the trees. eyes of purest amber were kept shielded by heavy eyebrows, much like that of a Sparrowhawk. head smoothed ot long flexible neck, along which a ridge of dangerous spikes lay betwixt plumes of ebony feathers. she stood 'pon 4 legs, the front paws like those of some monstrous dog, the back stood upon talons of shining jet. tail of whip-like stature flicked irritably across the dunes, stirring up a microsandstorm of its own. all in all, a fairly young dragoness. no wings adorn her, for her kind developed speed nad the ability to breathe acid instead of the gift of flight. as the day droned on she merely trudged through her home, occasionally eating small desert inhabitants such as snakes or gerbils. none trully satisfied her like the camel caravan did. the next one was due in a week, so she would have ot sate her appetite with scraps.

what d'ya think? critique encouraged
note - i am still in secondary school so pardon my lack of literate sppech and/or typos (typos aren't my fault, blame the keyboard :D )

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: vereh grood
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:13 pm 
Shadow Cat

Wonderful. Great work! =^._.^= Very discriptive and detailed. But the lack of capital's throws off the entire, I don't know how to say it, um, here....Capitalize the begining of sentences. I hope that doesn't sound mean. Sorry if it did. :( Anyway, much better work than I could do! =^._.^=

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:12 am 
British Redcoat

sorry about the capitals, i tend to forget

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile