Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 am

Post subject: This is one of my favored ones.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:49 pm 
Shadow Cat

The wind ruffled Azrix's sleek black fur, passed under her wide saphire wings. She was alone, on her way to the Baldorian hospital. During the attack on the south Cadith had been stabbed in the chest with a drakesword. His dark blue scales were not enough armor to protect him. Last she heard, the wound was deep, penatrating the heart. He only had a short while to live. This was the second of her loved ones to die.
Azrix's steady wingbeats droned on as her steady flight carried her to the cave. She flew low and fast, but not fast enough. She never heard the red dragon aproach. The red was high above the clouds. The wind filled Azrix's catlike ears, drowning out the sound of low growling from deep in the thoat of the massive red scaled dragon.
She never heard the wym. Claws dug deep into Azrix's skin, soaking her fur with blood. Azrix roared in agony, the ivory claws rending the fragile hide. She flipped in midair, and swiped at the neck of the red wyrm. Azrix's eyes grew wide as she recognized the Red.
"Xioth? You are-" She spoke, shocked.
"Yes, matriarch, and now I will avenge my brother. Remember your words, "Be merciless, and kill those in your way. And unfortunatley for you, you are in my way of vengence!"
A great column of flame erupted from the crimson maw, aimed for Azrix. But Azrix dove to the ground, nearly scorching her tail. Xioth followed. Azrix cupped her wings to slow, and darted forward in an urgent escape for time to think. The red dragon was to big for the same manuever, and crashed into the ground. The sound of bones snapping belied the death of the dragon. Xioth reared, only a broken tail and a twisted arm. Another steady stream of flame billowed at Azrix.
Xioth slashed in a frenzy, using only her good arm. Azrix quickly dodged the swipes, and coaxed her own flame to build. A jet of blue fire exploded into Xioth's face, searing the scales that protected the soft flesh. Azrix ceased the fire, and began slashing her gray claws at her hatchling's skin. Xioth bellowed, and blood began flowing in small trickling streams down her face.
Azrix was half Xioth's size, but three times as intelligent. She blew more flame into Xioth's face, and burst through the fire, immune to her own breathweapon, and swiped repeatedly at Xioths's scorched flesh. Her gray claws turned red from the blood, and her fur was matted with blood of her own. Azrix continued her assualt, blood and flesh fell to the ground as the mutilated dragon swatted at her. Xioth fell to the ground, a pool of blood gathered in the dirt.
Azrix lifted her head, and howled, celabrating her victory. "You may be my child," She whispered to Xioth's carcass, "But you were in my way when you left us." Azrix pushed her powerful legs, and snapped her wings open, flying to the hospital again.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:45 am 
British Redcoat

very descriptive :) you describe the dragon physiology very well *thumbs up*

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile