What do you think about these stories?
Pretty good 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Needs some work 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Hate it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: The Tales of SwordSouls
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:23 pm 
G.E.E.K.

A while back I started an RP called "Swords." This was after I had begun a series of short stories based in this world. Here some of them are. (I'll post more later.)

Prologue
Six years ago, all across the world portals opened in the sky and for the first time in all recorded history, it raind swords. But these tales aren't about the swords themselves, but the ones who drew those swords. These people, now known as SwordSouls, gained amazing abilities, unique to each person. Some use these powers for good, some for evil.

The Tale of Joey Hill
Joey and his family were in Paris, France sightseeing, his sword sheathed and strapped to his back like it normally is. Joey slowly walked out of the hotel, stepped into the street, and started walking toward the Louvre. He had heard that they had a small exhibit on SwordSouls like himself and he wanted to see it. He knew he could just teleport there if he wanted, but he enjoyed walking and viewing the scenery.
When he reached his destination, he stepped through the door and found a map of the museum and headed for the Mona Lisa. As he walked he looked at all the various statues and paintings.
When he heard a jeer aimed toward SwordSouls he turned and drew his blade. He stepped toward the voice and noticed two people, another SwordSoul standing with a flaming blade drawn, and an average person, who he guessed was the source of the comment, was on the ground with a torn shirt. Joey walked over to the SwordSoul, grabbed his shoulder, and teleported out of the area.

The Tale of Beth Takematsu
Beth drew her blade and stepped through the wall with her bounty, this one the biggest yet. She ran through the dark streets, sometimes through walls and rooms, of New York till she reached her hideout. She ran through the wall and into a small, dimly lit room filled with various treasures. These treasures came from banks and museums around this huge city. The room, which was almost filled, had a single door leading to Beth's room. These two rooms had no entrance or exit and she was the only one who knew of their existance.
She stepped through the doorway and over to a desk that she had "borrowed" from a furniture shop. She flipped on a computer (this was also stolen) and got on the web. She searched for new exhibits in any nearby museums. About halfway down the page she noticed something about a Tutankhamen exhibit coming nearby. This was the perfect target. She walked over to the bed and got ready to slleep. Tomoorow night she was going to be expanding her collection.

Next time I'll post the tales of Robert Washington and Samantha Scopes.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:28 am 
Godsin Queen

I think the best way to test out a story is to work a story with a similar sanaryo as an RP. If it's a sucess go for it, if not it needs some fine tuning.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:01 am 
Cererean Princess

You forgot to add 'Needs lots of work' as a poll option.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 am 
Godsin Queen

I decided not to judge yur work becuse it looked more like a small collection of summeries than anything else. To really pass good judgment over something like that I'd need a lot more to go by, but I would sugest not posting anything you plan on maybe publishing later on the net because anyone one can steal it off of a web page and use it as their own if you haven't coppywrited it first.

Besides no matter how good anyone is, there is always room for improvement. Sometime it's just better to go with your gutt when it comes to getting something published.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:34 pm 
British Redcoat

Pandora wrote:
I decided not to judge yur work becuse it looked more like a small collection of summeries than anything else. To really pass good judgment over something like that I'd need a lot more to go by, but I would sugest not posting anything you plan on maybe publishing later on the net because anyone one can steal it off of a web page and use it as their own if you haven't coppywrited it first.

Besides no matter how good anyone is, there is always room for improvement. Sometime it's just better to go with your gutt when it comes to getting something published.

Seconded. While there are a few websites (one called fanfiction, another just fiction-something) that allow you to publish your stories online, I'd recommend searching for specifically Writers forums. They help immensely.

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile