Yes, Continue Story 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
No, Don't continue story. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: My Second Story - The Dragon's Ire
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:48 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

The Dragon's IreBy Heavyman

Prologue
Deep within the Spine of the World, deep in it's cave, lay a foul beast, of a foul wrath. The sixteen foot tall, thirty foot long beast sat, its white scales gently reflecting the light from the far torch that hung on a sconce, the light reflecting against the hoard of gold, jewels, and other precious items. This is where the dragon sat, infront of him was a large pool of divination, in the pool a image appeared with the wave of a clawed hand. As the pool went into a swirling purple mist, a picture of a humanoid appeared. It was an abomination to dragonkind, the thing had silver scales, clawed hands and feet, a muzzle, batlike wings of a dragon, a flexible tail, and digitigraded legs. It was a creature born from a dragon and a human, and was born the abomination that it was. For this white dragon, Jurkalinau had been raided by the half-dragon's mother, a well known human ranger, Abbegale Halenstar. But what this half-dragon didn't know was that this dragon held an ire for his bloodline...It will be time to test his mettle, and face THE DRAGON'S IRE.

Chapter 1
The Meeting

As he crested a ridge, the town of Longsaddle came into view. The half dragon looked over the town for an instant, before making his way down, he was slim, but not overly so, he was a warrior, taught to be a warrior, and he had decieving strength, for his dragon blood gave him increased strength without the extra muscle mass. This one wore a kind expression on his face, though his mithril sword was sheathed diagonally across his back, ready to be taken out, the Half Dragon wasn't going to brandish the magical weapon. He wore a leather tunic, and leather shorts, that hung below his knees, for no other clothing could fit his physiology. He mentally went over the list of prepared spells he had memerized in his head, incase he would need to use them here, just to impress the mages of Longsaddle. He soon took to the dirt road, it was well traveled by the looks of it, for it had many wagon tracks etched into the dirt. As he walked into the town, many townsfolk stopped talking and stared at him, or looked away. How he wished he would be accepted somewhere or other, for he wasn't ever welcomed anywhere, not even his home town of Aribar. Two riders came into view from down the road, they were devilishly angled armor, with spikes sticking out from the pauldrons, one was an elf, the other a dwarf. The Elven rider was riding a pure white stallion, whilst the dwarf road a sturdy, ragged looking brown pony.
As they got closer, “Halt right there,â€￾ the elf said. The Half dragon halted. “Explain your business here, half breed.â€￾ The Elf spoke again.
“I am Theraun Halenstar, my business is to speak with the Harpells. And does this dwarf speak, or do you and your arrogant race do all the talking?â€￾ Theraun said, drawing a scowl from the elf. “How dare you?â€￾ The elf asked increduously.
“I ask because it seems you treat all visitors like this.â€￾ He said, his tail waving side to side in anger, knowing better than to fight the half breed, the elf nodded, and let Theraun pass. After a few minutes, he came to the Manor of the Harpells, the family of eccentric wizards that posed more threat to them and the inhabitants of the town than their enemies. He raised his fist to the door, but just as he was about to knock on the door, it opened, a smiling face greeted him.

“Welcome, welcome good fellow, I am Tarkle Harpell, please come in!â€￾ Theraun did as he was asked, the air in the house was much cooler inside than it was outside, unnaturally cooler. Tarkle led him through a series of hallways, and intersections, the house could have been the size of half the village inside, though in truth, Theraun couldn't tell. Along the way Tarkle showed him statues of long lost relatives, and of their family 'dog' whom was actually Tarkle's cousin Don, but had transmuted himself into a dog on accident after an alchemy accident. The family could turn him back, but they liked the dog better.

Tarkle led him out back behind the house, where a small stream flowed, UP hill. And then vanished out of thin air at the top of the hill. Tarkle led him to the oldest Harpell, Georg Harpell, a very respected mage. Georg spoke up, “Well met, Theraun, Tarkle told me of a Half Dragon coming our way, and now, here you are in the flesh. I hope you enjoy your stay at Longsaddle, we'll have many questions before you go.â€￾

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:26 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

I would read it. It wouldn;t rank as one of my 10 favorite books but I would read it, Also, lol , change Tarkle unless he is a kind and funny person cause it makes me smile to look at it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:46 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

He's supposed to be funny.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:45 pm 
Matrix Operator

so when do we get to read the next part? :D

This is great, I love it. If u ever publish, let me know.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:59 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
it's really good, i would read it, but you may want to work on your "show not tell" it feels just a bit choppy....

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile