Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:45 am

Post subject: So has anybody else ever made a dragon costume?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:34 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

With all the dragon fans here, just wondering if anyone else ever made a dragon costume. Though a bit too old for trick or treat, Halloween parties can be fun, and I actually won some prizes which have paid for all of the materials.

I already had the metal armor from my historical lectures and jousting demos, so I didn't have to make a whole body suit. The skin though is made of real leather, the horns are real from some unknown animal, and the teeth and spines are made of polished bone. The wings really fold out to about a 12 foot wingspan. It is possible to eat and drink wearing the costume, which you must peer out of through the dragon's mouth, which affords an interesting view.

My next "dragon", is a costume to fit a large horse, also using my medieval horse armor, so the horse doesn't have to be completely covered in scales which would cause it to overheat. It actually looks quite frightening with a real horse wearing it.

So, anybody else?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:17 am 
Knowledgable Viking

leaving our argument in the generals section I think that costume doesnt look half bad and probably even cooler on a horse, When you get the horses costume made please, show us a picture

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:44 pm 
British Redcoat

This would be better suited to the Artworks section :)

After all, it does include many of the same techniques and is a form of crafting/designing

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:24 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

Aye, silv but I can see how he thought it should be here since its a dragon costume. Anyway, whats the horse on basically gonna look like?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:36 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

It will use the same armor as the horse I am riding in the other photo, except the Chamfron is new, made especially for the dragon mask that the horse will wear.. The armor will also support the 15 foot long tail. Each foot will have a scale covered "sock" with rubber, taloned feet similar to the ones on this costume.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:26 am 
Knowledgable Viking

So, Its not a full body suit? Sounds interesting. Like I said post a photo when you get it made.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:27 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

manofthewolf wrote:
So, Its not a full body suit? Sounds interesting. Like I said post a photo when you get it made.

I has the apearance of a full body suit inasmuch all parts of the horse not covered with armor are covered with scales. The other reason the armor is so important is that the horses eyes are concealed by the slotted eyeguards attachd to the Chamfron.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:15 pm 
Guardian of Mileenia

Thats pretty good

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:38 pm 
Matrix Operator

Crimsan wrote:
Thats pretty good
Yeah. That's a neat costume.