Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:22 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 

Good?
Good 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Can be improved (say in thread) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2
 Post subject: Rider (film)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:35 am 
Cererean Princess

I am writing a film called rider and I would like to know what people think of it. Here is the synopsis.

Rider is a film where a person finds a group of egg-like things in a cave and takes them home. He soon realises that they are dragon eggs when one hatches. The hatchling chooses him as its rider and a mental link is forged and he becomes a Dragon Rider. The dragon grows and she takes on the name Midnight. Eventually she becomes big enough to fly with a rider and they start flying. Meanwhile an ancient order descended from the nights of the Templar has learnt of the dragons’ existence and are intent on killing the last dragons on earth.. The rider takes the eggs to people he knows and presents them. They hatch out and only one is left un-hatched. The new riders are told how to care for them. Meanwhile the governments of Britain and America find out about the dragons and search for them. The dragons grow quickly and the riders mount. The remaining egg falls to the ground and hatches as it is falling. The dragon flies out and vanishes into a rift in time and everyone follows the new dragon into the rift.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:35 am 
Matrix Operator

Now where have we seen this before?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:40 pm 
Cererean Princess

I dunno.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:58 pm 
British Redcoat

Sounds like Eragon to me. Plus also sounds like a mix of pretty much all dragon films I've seen / heard of

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:09 pm 
Cererean Princess

Who was it that said 'stealing from one author is plagurism, stealing from two or three authors is literal dissentment (or something) and stealing from many authors is masterful research.'

By the way I'm not suprised that it sounds a lot like other Dragon films/books because I'm unconsciously copying some of the stuff. And saphira was not the last dragon, she was the last female dragon. I'm not suprised it sounds like Eragon. There a simalarities in the plot line.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:44 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

most dragon stories do tend to sound a little alike (probably from something in our subconscious that guides our opinions)
but putting something in that's new and refreshing can counteract that and blend it all into a newer, more original story. otherwise it can tend to get a little tedious

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:43 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
dragonfly is right. you may want to input some of your ideas that are a bit out there that you really dont see much. that would make "Rider" WAY better

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:46 am 
Cererean Princess

It is set in the modern day. Modern day=Better technology.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:11 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

yes, but you still have the old knights in shining armor attacking the "evil" dragon, it's just that the armor has changed and we have machine guns, not swords.

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:34 pm 
Tightwad

Interesting. I based my book (Which failed) around 'dragons' as a symbol come to life.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:51 pm 
Cererean Princess

Not as such as you have the government trying to capture the dragons to use in war. Also I'll have to add in Protect The Dragon hippie groups.... ....maybe.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:42 am 
Matrix Operator

"Protect the dragon" groups? Who else but a dragon fanatic would think out stuff like that?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:17 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
it maybe a dragon fanatic thought, but i like it. i dont think many would come up with it and it would add something a bit funny to the movie

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:17 am 
Matrix Operator

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See, i'm laughing and i haven't even seen the movie yet.

Quote:
I based my book (Which failed) around 'dragons' as a symbol come to life.

What book is that, chal?

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:32 am 
Cererean Princess

*looks around*. Can't see any dragon fanatics here.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:05 pm 
British Redcoat

Is that sarcasm I detect there DR? :wink:

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:51 am 
Cererean Princess

Yep. I'm thinkling about writing a book in time with the movie and releasing them within a month of each other.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: dragonrider story
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:06 pm 
sorry! i thought that this was eragon! maybe get some ideas from others! i started writing astory 5 years ago! as of yet. no one has done anything like mine! :? [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:14 pm 
Cererean Princess

I am not doing this film yet. I have a vampire one I am going to do tjo start off. And this is a dead thread.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]