All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:36 pm

Are dragons extinct?
Yes 22%  22%  [ 4 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
Maybe 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Don't know 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Where do you think dragons are hiding?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:28 pm 
Cererean Princess

Where do you think dragons are hiding? I would say in the oriental countries.

Which FF Character Are You?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:08 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

they are all over each kind has its own prefered type of hiding place who knows you could have walked passed one 50 feet away and never known it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:05 pm 
Matrix Operator

The problem with dragons is that they have an uncanny means of hiding. If (big IF) they are still around, then they are hiding in a way that no one has ever known. I think that there are no live dragons, but that one or more eggs may be lying dormant, asleep to wait for a time when men will no longer walk on the face of the Earth, and they will become the dominant species.

P.S. If you find a dragon egg, put it back. DO NOT attempt to hatch it.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:42 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

i think they're hiding in a maze of subteranean caverns and enter and exit above ground through extinct volcanoes
but thats just me

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:45 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
ther using the power of the DNS shield(kinda like the one in hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, but not a ship shield) to hide themselves

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:58 am 
Cererean Princess

Why not hatch it?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:29 am 
British Redcoat

Same principle as not keeping a calf in the house.

It grows.

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:58 am 
Cererean Princess

No you keep a calf outside. Same with a Dragon. No reoson NOT to hatch itr though.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:54 pm 
Draconis Norvegicus

Location: On a small blue and green planet somewere in the milky way.
And what are you going to do when you have a large dragon living outside your house? A big dragon eats alot and unlike cows they don't eat grass. And someone will surely notice it if you have it going around your house (unless you live far away from everyone else and nobody ever comes out there to visit you).

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:09 am 
British Redcoat

*cackles* Imagine trying to hide all that poop! *snickerfit*

I hereby quote Jurassic Park - 'That's one big pile of shit'

(sorry if its a bit mature/inappropriate, i thought it was pretty fitting to the point im trying to get across :wink: )

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:16 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

i agree with + Silver - Orbs + it would take way to much to hide one of them but it dousnt really matter becuase i dont think anyon here will vr find a dragon egg

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:15 pm 
Knowledgeable Dragon

oh you never know - if no one ever found one, then why are there so many legends about people finding and killing/protecting them
ex: dragonsword (kind of cheesy movie on sci fi, but it has the best quotes: "You'll be the ONLY one in England wearing DRAGON skin shoes!"

Now and then I announce "I know you're listening" to empty rooms. If I'm wrong, no one knows. And if I'm right, maybe i just freaked the hell out of some secret organization. It's basically Paschal's wager for the paranoid prankster.

~~ http://www.xkcd.com ~~

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:06 pm 
Matrix Operator

IF dragons are intelligent, hatching an egg will make you kind of a liason between dragons and humans. If dragons aren't intelligent... you become food. Or your house goes up in flames. Or you deal with the results of trying to discipline it.

-Tucker Max

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:36 pm 
Knowledgable Viking

So back to the original question(not in the poll).

They are hiding
In a realm you will never reach.
So high you cannot climb.
So low you cannot dig.
So far you cannot reach.

Basically i have no idea

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:24 pm 
Cererean Princess

Life without risk is a life not worth living.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Where dragons live
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:28 pm 
I think they could live anywhere.
It's just, they're good hiders :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:03 am 
Cererean Princess

Dead thread. This sections gone off without the guardian Chalgrish, locker of dead threads.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:26 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Very few dragons are allowed to remain "full-time" on the earth, and most that do have adjusted to a watering environment, where they are disidentified as "Sea Serpents", "Lake Monsters" and "Dinosaurs", such as the Congo dragon sightings.. Though they are flesh and blood creatures, most dragons reside in another plane/dimension generally referred to by most theologies as "Heaven".

Other than in the water, or in the air on the darkest of nights, you will usually find dragons on seldom used, paved roads in forested or mountainous areas, so their claw prints will not be seen.

Nor will you find their dung. Even in ancient times, dragons were always required to defecate in large bodies of water where it will quickly disintigrate, or when this is not possible, as in a desert, to burn the dung to prevent its discovery. And becasue none have died, this is why no physical proof of their existence will ever be found. This is important, becasue the appearance of supernatural entities in our world would casue mankind to establish belief systems based on fear, rather than faith.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:52 am 
British Redcoat

draconic chronicler wrote:
Very few dragons are allowed to remain "full-time" on the earth, and most that do have adjusted to a watering environment, where they are disidentified as "Sea Serpents", "Lake Monsters" and "Dinosaurs", such as the Congo dragon sightings.. Though they are flesh and blood creatures, most dragons reside in another plane/dimension generally referred to by most theologies as "Heaven".

Other than in the water, or in the air on the darkest of nights, you will usually find dragons on seldom used, paved roads in forested or mountainous areas, so their claw prints will not be seen.

Nor will you find their dung. Even in ancient times, dragons were always required to defecate in large bodies of water where it will quickly disintigrate, or when this is not possible, as in a desert, to burn the dung to prevent its discovery. And becasue none have died, this is why no physical proof of their existence will ever be found. This is important, becasue the appearance of supernatural entities in our world would casue mankind to establish belief systems based on fear, rather than faith.

Great, dragging religion back into it. -ahem-
Most belief *is* through fear. Tell a toddler the story of the boogeyman and most of 'em with be scared. Tell them a spider bite could kill you and they'll steer clear.

And how might you explain this to someone who does'nt believe in Seraphim/God/Heaven ectr?

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:47 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

+ Silver - Orbs + wrote:
draconic chronicler wrote:

Great, dragging religion back into it. -ahem-
Most belief *is* through fear. Tell a toddler the story of the boogeyman and most of 'em with be scared. Tell them a spider bite could kill you and they'll steer clear.

And how might you explain this to someone who does'nt believe in Seraphim/God/Heaven ectr?

Real dragons are what they are, and we can learn the most about them by researching the ancient accounts when dragons were commonly seen.
No one can change the fact that they are the Seraphim of the Bible, even though the Catholic Church tried to do this in the Middle Ages. Dragons are a common thread in the belief systems of most of the human race, and there is a reason for this.

These ancient accounts are of far more worth in determining the true nature of dragons that all the ridiculous D&D type game books and novels whose writers simply made up the material they contain.

The billions and billions of people, of the three great, Bible-based religions must believe in dragons by default -- for they are an inescapable part of these theologies, despite the coverup to take them out, and demonize them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:13 am 
British Redcoat

Well frankly I don't believe in the Bible, nor these Seraphim- simple statement no, but to the point.

And maybe they can't change it in your opinion. I don't *not* believe in dragons, but I don't believe in them either. I don't see them as physical creatures

Aka Respergo

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:41 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

+ Silver - Orbs + wrote:
Well frankly I don't believe in the Bible, nor these Seraphim- simple statement no, but to the point.

And maybe they can't change it in your opinion. I don't *not* believe in dragons, but I don't believe in them either. I don't see them as physical creatures

I do not know of a single ancient or medieval account that suggests that dragons are not physical creatures. They are certainly physical creatures in the biblical accounts, just as are the angels. This spiritual nonsense is a very modern idea, dragons and angels alike. Angels are simply young men who like the dragons, do not age in our sense, and must eat food to subsist. In heaven they eat manna, as do the dragons, but having been developed from a carnivorous reptile, dragons enjoy their visits to earth where they can consume the natural food of a consumate predator.

The reason most of the more mundane dragon reports were even made, was because a dragon had eaten someone's livestock (or relative). And then of course, there are those popular Maiden extortion rackets that have gone on as long as the stone age.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Sorry, its really long
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:50 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Where are the dragons hiding? Very good question... yet we have to remember that although many accounts say so, dragons could not have been very intelligent while they still roamed the earth. I only say this because, if you look at evolution, every creature that has ever evolved has some kind of adaptation. Even top carnivores still die from other carnivores and disease, and to propose that dragons can live for so very long may make sense, but every creature has a limiting factor. Dragons had all the physical capabilities to handle pretty much anything so they could not have been extremely smart, or they would not have died out. They are now extinct due to human interference in their natural cycles. Before humans had fully evolved, dragons where feeding on them and on other game, but as soon as humans began defending themselves and creating new weapons to fight dragons, the tables turned. As I am sure you all know, there are many accounts of dragon slayers all around the world, and many of them were successful. So what is all this about? Basicaly I'm just trying to prove that dragons have gone extinct from human aggression and that, though they are interesting to study, you need to give up on ever seeing one.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:58 am 
It would be a bit sad to just believe that there are no dragons left, but to believe that they once did live, that inspires hopefullness that they still do exist. I would not really like to admit that they are gone, but i have no evidence that they are still here. Truthfully, I hope they do still exist,even if its not in this world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:09 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Falconer wrote:
The problem with dragons is that they have an uncanny means of hiding. If (big IF) they are still around, then they are hiding in a way that no one has ever known. I think that there are no live dragons, but that one or more eggs may be lying dormant, asleep to wait for a time when men will no longer walk on the face of the Earth, and they will become the dominant species.

P.S. If you find a dragon egg, put it back. DO NOT attempt to hatch it.
ummm.....TO LATE IT HATCHED THREE YEARS AND I LET IT GO BECAUSE IT WAS AN ADULT DRAGON...a frost to be exact....I bought it and the person said it was a toy dragon inside.... :shock:

Offline Profile