Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:12 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: can it be real
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:36 pm 
As you no dragons have been part of almost every culture even the native americans. But how did people wright scripticher and paint picures of a similer thing when they dident even no that eachother exsisted. I have a book called Dragons a Natural History by Dr. Karl Shuker and it tells real storys that people wrote from arond the world. It told a lot of amasing facts and history. You can look at this book and find out some pretty intresting things im sure of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:54 pm 
Isitarian Legend

Yeah, I have that book, too. It isn't exactly a fact book, it's more of a book on dragon and dragon-like legends. Very interesting, nevertheless.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:09 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Here is the true story:

"Once upon a time, dragons were migrating from planet to planet looking for a place to live... They eventually came upon an odd planet that looked promising for a dwelling so they took the most weak but most evolved creature on the planet and gave it intellegence and made it bald with a pointed nose(as close to a dragon as they could make it without changing the whole species. This creature eventually came to call itself a 'human') The majority of the dragons then went off in search of other suitible dwellings, leaving a few choice dragons to keep an eye on the newly created, humans(who ironicly were made to PRESERVE the planet). After a time the humans grew a bit smarter and began to worship the dragons and thats when things went south... Many of the dragons took advantage of thier newly found godship and used it to get livestock and every so often a maid or two(those of age know what for). These few dragons had forever tarnished the Draconic name, truly the Adams and Eves of dragon kind... The humans grew weary of thier scaly neighbors and began to assasinate or 'slay' them one by one, of course the smarter, less foolish dragons had not exposed themselves after the the tarnishing of thier name, and hid in the shadows possing as Gods and gave us such religious items as the Bible, and(according to my theory)Jesus was even a dragon formed into a human(or something along those lines).

And that my friends is history....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:34 am 
Master Old Dragon

Heheh, great story, Jish.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:25 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

One thought on the 'dragon' is they came from a back hold of our sub-conscious. Taking the main things that look a like from each you can compare them to some type of predator that may have hunted early man.

1. The gaping mouth full of teeth, is somewhat like large cats.

2. The wings and outstretched legs are like large birds of pray.

3. And the serpentine like neck is like large snakes.

This is only one of many theories, but it has a sound thought to it. It is natural for us to either fear and respect all of these animals and bring them into one creature to explain the unknown actions that happen at night, in storms and in yet to be explored areas. Just remember we are amazing creatures who can imagine and create wondrous things, why not just another mythic creature.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:11 pm 
Chorkant Dreth
Chorkant Dreth

well that is a possibility but i am more in favor of them once existing in the open.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:47 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
I think that story was posted on a website I saw once...

I think...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:10 pm 
Chorkant Dreth
Chorkant Dreth

i think humans killed us because ther feared us

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:18 am 
Jishdefish wrote:
Here is the true story:

"Once upon a time, dragons were migrating from planet to planet looking for a place to live... They eventually came upon an odd planet that looked promising for a dwelling so they took the most weak but most evolved creature on the planet and gave it intellegence and made it bald with a pointed nose(as close to a dragon as they could make it without changing the whole species. This creature eventually came to call itself a 'human') The majority of the dragons then went off in search of other suitible dwellings, leaving a few choice dragons to keep an eye on the newly created, humans(who ironicly were made to PRESERVE the planet). After a time the humans grew a bit smarter and began to worship the dragons and thats when things went south... Many of the dragons took advantage of thier newly found godship and used it to get livestock and every so often a maid or two(those of age know what for). These few dragons had forever tarnished the Draconic name, truly the Adams and Eves of dragon kind... The humans grew weary of thier scaly neighbors and began to assasinate or 'slay' them one by one, of course the smarter, less foolish dragons had not exposed themselves after the the tarnishing of thier name, and hid in the shadows possing as Gods and gave us such religious items as the Bible, and(according to my theory)Jesus was even a dragon formed into a human(or something along those lines).

And that my friends is history....

just so you know i might belive in jesus 100% but i feverenyl belive in dragons 100% and i see no breaking of cahtich law beliving in dragons as long as you don't worship them(2 thing sorry for talknig about religion and sorry for some spelling errors).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:56 pm 
Chorkant Dreth
Chorkant Dreth

well i couldn't see jesus as a dragon he just didn't seem to pass off as a dragon in disgise. but the old testiment dose has a vengful god. so it could be possible to have a dragon as our god at one time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:35 pm 

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
Ok, I am all for religion, but we're going to get our @$$3$ handed to us on a platter by Chalgrish or Tempest if we don't stop...

Let's discuss something else, please...

And please pardon the 1337 cursing...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:46 pm 
Master Old Dragon

The ancient Chinese discovered dinosaur fossils, and ground them up and sold them as 'dragon bones'.

It makes me wonder: so many countries do have some sort of dragon myth. Many myths are based on something that really happened, or something that existed in real life.

Perhaps there was a creature abundant in the world at some time (likely prehistorically) tthat was either so dangerous and powerful that it was a feared predator, or so odd and beautiful that it was told in stories.

And we have to remember that modern day humans try to rationalize everything through science and we already know.

We really have no idea what many or most of the prehistoric creatures looked like in real life. We only have a handful of bones or some withered mummies to go by.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:11 pm 
Chorkant Dreth
Chorkant Dreth

well the mummies are accualy in a lot better condition then u would think. giving us a pretty good view of dinos

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:30 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Maybe the first emperor of china was a dragon..... As well as Several other leaders...... Anyone could be one...... It fits my theory....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:19 am 
Lone Wolf

well its considered that there are 9 dragon sons of the leader of old china and that they all play a part in the nation of china.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:27 pm 
The Corruption

I don't think dragons existed. In all the dragonolgies I've seen there are way too many generalities. Like for fire breathing a lot of them say "They take menthane and a bunch of other chemicals which mixes in a fireproof lung.."
The 'bunch of other chemicals' is the problem here.
And yes, many different countries have dragon myths. But when you look at the myths from different cultures, the dragons are completely different. Which makes me believe they were actually thought up when folks uncovered dinosaur bones.
Skeletons can say a lot, from the shape and length of someone's nose to how they lived, how they died and their age.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:12 pm 
Chorkant Dreth
Chorkant Dreth

well for diffrent types of dragons it takes diffrent chemicals for them to breath fire, ice, acid, lightning, ect. as for the things they have in commen is because dragons look alike to those who know nothing about us.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:58 am 
The Corruption

niño de los dragones wrote:
well for diffrent types of dragons it takes diffrent chemicals for them to breath fire, ice, acid, lightning, ect. as for the things they have in commen is because dragons look alike to those who know nothing about us.

So are you saying the ignorant define reality?

As for the breathing. Acid breathing is possible. For fire breathing it sounds sketchy but I've read the explanation of this website and I don't have enough chemistry knowledge to make an argument against it.

Ice breathing is impossible. It would take a lot of pressure to keep a gas compressed, and in order for the muscles to do so there would need to be a lot of blood vessels. However, gas likes to move, so it would instead of staying in the lungs it would go into the bloodstream. With gases like N2, that is VERY deadly, as it will form nitrogen bubbles and cause a few cells and blood vessels to explode.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:36 pm 
Chorkant Dreth
Chorkant Dreth

but dragons are not normal. they can withstand or live with N2 in their blood stream as for keeping it underpressure. who says they have to keep the N2 under pressure. they could be storing alot of other chemicals and then mixing them and letting the pressure force the chemicals out of their system.

and it is usally the ingnorant belifes that define reality. like when people thought the world was flat. it was in't but they belived it was. so a common missconception was taken as true in tell a little before columbus.(he just proved it was round, those who were educated at the time knew it was round.)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:15 pm 
Lone Wolf

you cna't really argue with ice breathing unless you have a live speciman

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:16 pm 
The Corruption

but dragons are not normal. they can withstand or live with N2 in their blood stream as for keeping it underpressure. who says they have to keep the N2 under pressure. they could be storing alot of other chemicals and then mixing them and letting the pressure force the chemicals out of their system.

and it is usally the ingnorant belifes that define reality. like when people thought the world was flat. it was in't but they belived it was. so a common missconception was taken as true in tell a little before columbus.(he just proved it was round, those who were educated at the time knew it was round.)

Dragons may not be normal, but they in order to have existed they have to follow the laws of science.
Remember, science is not one undefiable statement with the exceptions being "beyond" it. It is constantly being proven and disproven. And there are loopholes:wink:

And the danger of saying a bunch of other gases/a bunch of other chemicals without specifics is that you forget gases react. For example, if one of the gases was oxygen, then the oxygen would react with the nitrogen and form nitrate-which is a solid. Or say one of the gases was hydrogen, the most common gas in our world. That would form ammonia, which is toxic. And the more pressure you have, the greater danger of gases changing state. So in other words, dragons would instead be coughing up a bunch of solids and liquids instead of freezing ice.

Conception of reality and actual reality are not the same thing. It'd be nice if they were, but they're not. Sadly.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:18 pm 
Lone Wolf

but every law of sciences is not only fact but theory which means that there is alwasy a chance that a differnt undiscovered law is contredicting this law to mak it work

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:25 pm 
The Corruption

LoyalReaperDragon wrote:
but every law of sciences is not only fact but theory which means that there is alwasy a chance that a differnt undiscovered law is contredicting this law to mak it work

I'll admit there's a chance, but a VERY small chance.
Remember, theories aren't hypotheses. They've been tested billions of times, by billion of scientists and just oridinary hobbyists to be accepted as true. Remember, scientists don't just try to prove things. Some scientists and students give every drop of their essence to disprove things. And for something to be excepted as law, those scientists and students would have to fail as well.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:46 pm 
Chorkant Dreth
Chorkant Dreth

well the gases don't have to be stored together and we are just know beging to truley understand newton laws and things like that. so for a dragon they may have been able to do things we have not yet even thought of.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:57 pm 
The Corruption

well the gases don't have to be stored together and we are just know beging to truley understand newton laws and things like that. so for a dragon they may have been able to do things we have not yet even thought of.

True, but until we think of that thing we have no basis to say ice breathing is possible. Is there a possibility some genius will figure it out someday in the far or not so far future? Hopefully. Trust me, I love dragons, and I'd love to be proven wrong. But facts are facts unless proven otherwise.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next