Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:52 am

Post subject: druid and dragon queries?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:48 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

ok yea, its hard to teach practical side of druidry without your presence, but i can help yous with thoeretical side of this, so if you email me, or mssg me if im online, with any druidic or dragon questions, i will be more then glad to help. thank you

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:40 am 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

Ok, in DND 2nd ed. The rules state only one 15th level druid can be around at one point. But what about a world with more than one druid order? Could there be at least one for each order? And would you have to work with your DM to work out how to gain that level, maybe as a adventure itself?

;) you did say any druid question.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:24 am 

That was a good answer back, I thought I would throw you for a loop. But I am looking for answers to those questions in D&D, that has always bugged me. Now for the real questions. (and watch it I may know the answers to them. Just testing to see if the others are right.)

1. Is is true the authentic druids never used Stonehenge? And that John Aubrey was wrong in connection the two?

2. Why are so many of the new druid strands not using the true teaching of the ancient druids?

3. And on that, what is up with some using Shamanism and Native American teachings, and even mixing some of the elements from those cultures?

I will get more later, need to get to sleep I have to get to work in the morning.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:31 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

U say authentic druids, and ur question before was: how can druids of more then 1 order live on the same world; there are more then 1 druids "cult" the particular group of druids, which built stonehenge, has built a very inatly accurate calendar, using the suns position to determine this, although i think thers somthing more to this. But, they were still druids, there is no real authintic druids.

You have been looking in the wrong place, there are druids who learn and teach the original form of the art, and have build the own understanding, which subtly varies, but there is no right and wrong, cause then if it was wrong; its not druidry.

There was no mixing elements, or religions. This was a sharing of knowledge, as all these beliefs relied on nature for there works.

plz if you are happy with my answers, please refer me. Thank You

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:19 am 
The Endless Prophet

Wouldn't every last one of those answers rely completely on your definition of Druidism?

Mah Griffon is © Todd Lockwood.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:21 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Yes, but like i said, there are no specific types of druidism, and none is right or wrong as long as there is no direct defiance.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:05 am 

druidicsoul wrote:
U say authentic druids, and your question before was: how can druids of more then 1 order live on the same world; there are more then 1 druids "cult" the particular group of druids, which built stonehenge, has built a very inatly accurate calendar, using the suns position to determine this, although I think there something more to this. But, they were still druids, there is no real authentic druids.

Sorry no, there has been no "real" druid influence at stonehenge.
Here is a rough time line of the building.
2800BCE Stonehenge first phase
2100BCE Stonehenge bluestone circles
2000BCE Stonehenge sarsen circle
1550BCE Stonehenge in present form

And it is thought druids only got to England by around 600BCE. So there is no way the druid people had any part in building it.

And as a side note. Anyone can lineup a rock to the sunrise. All they had to do was sit of another rock and watch the sunrise for a number of years. Just look on how long it took each stage to be done. I am sure who ever built it saw where the stinking sun was rising every day and saw its max and min movements of the sun during the year. It was a calendar and that was all. Give me a couple of years and I can build one for you.

druidicsoul wrote:
You have been looking in the wrong place, there are druids who learn and teach the original form of the art, and have build the own understanding, which subtly varies, but there is no right and wrong, cause then if it was wrong; its not druidry.

Sorry no, due to the Roman and Christian oppression almost all (if not all) druid oral tradition has been lost. This is due to the fact of the winner writes history. The druids from northen Europe were either all killed out or converted into Christianity. And how did they do that you ask. By allowing them to hold some of the same ceremonies but they must do them as Christian and for the Christian beliefs. Also most of what we know about druids come from Roman historians and they were writing more propaganda than anything else. And with all of that the "true" teachings are lost.

druidicsoul wrote:
There was no mixing elements, or religions. This was a sharing of knowledge, as all these beliefs relied on nature for there works.

Sharing of knowledge is mixing elements of stuff. And as you said earlier. There are many different strands of druids, so some could be doing that. Even Christianity is a mix of belief systems.

Last edited by vampirehunter42 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:43 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

O my....

this is mainstream science text book......

ill clarify, thers have been and still is druidic believers and practice this religion strongly and the "right way", which is no direct defiance. I do not reasearch skeptic and scientific anceint history, as you may have, and very good work on the studing. the religeion called druids had a part in building and ultilising the stonhenge. Talking about the mix, this is lost and corrupt religion, as i said we still exist today, just look and think harder. Yes , Roman historians did write propaganda in a sense, but the way reseachers new this, is by records, the druidic religion at this time hid away and utilised the nature skills to survive.

ill ask a question myself, Do you think dragons existed or may exist today?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:00 am 
The Endless Prophet

@vampirehunter: Stonehenge is more than just a map of where the sun goes, it is also a map of the planets. I haven't done too much research into it, so you're probbly right about the rest of it anyway.

@druidicsoul: In the broadest sense, yes, I believe tha tdragons did and may still exist; the universe IS infinite. On a *smaller* scale, I believe that it is possible Dragons may have existed, as there is no PROOF to the contrary, but I think it is very, *very* much unlikely that dragons continue to exist on Earth.

Mah Griffon is © Todd Lockwood.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:25 pm 
Sword Master

Location: In my room talking to random people i really dont know but talk too anyay!!
I HAS BEEN STONEHENGE ITS GREAT!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:53 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
I am confused>_< :?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:49 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Whats the gap between "Highly unlikley" and possibly true.

OK, i am a druid myself, i learn the form myself, i have written a page on basic druidic understanding. Which i mite be able to send to ppl on email, but, copyright laws do apply..

dragons may or may not exist, i have studied and am continuing to study further, ask me questions, you mite be suprised. Also any more druid questions you have.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:48 am 

Dragons are real, in our hart and sole. Just search dragon on any search site. That is one reason we are here. But I don't believe there was a flesh and blood creature that could be called a "dragon". They are a wonderful myths of our mind and are seen a symbol of both power and freedom. Yes they are everywhere we are because we take them with us, and hold them dear in our hart.

And please show me evidence that druids had anything to do with stonehenge. In my studies I have seen no evidence any druid activity has ever happened there until recent times. And that has been with the "modern" druids. And as I said lining things up to objects in the sky is easy. All you need to do is watch the sky over time and you will know where and when things will happen. Like my driveway faces true east and the street I live on goes true north and south, I can stand in the middle of the street an find the north star by lining it up with the lines on the street. The building I went to class to in collage is less than a degree off from true north. And I can keep going on from that. Things are easy to aline to the sky. The people of the past were not complete retards they were as intelligent as we are. They just did not have the same technology. But the ancients did have a lot more drive than we do, they built things they knew a lot of the natural world and did it with hard work. I am sick of people putting down the ancient peoples of the world thinking some greater power helped them do stuff. Like with the druids, they had nothing to do with the monolithic sites. They were just sites of ceremonies and that is it, what they were I don’t know. Just look at all of the other stone circles in England and Scotland. There is one on one of the most northen islands in Scotland, and of what I read on that no druid activity ever was on that island. It was just a small farming community that would use it how ever they were used.

(rant over)

By the way I am studied in science so I like to find answers, not just rely on a weakly held legend on something. I am not saying science is the answer to everything, we have a lot of things wrong. But we are willing to admit we have things wrong unlike other ways of thinking.

Edit:

I decided to give some of the reading I have been doing.

http://www.lugodoc.demon.co.uk/Druids/DRUIDS.htm

http://realmagick.com/articles/05/1305.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/idr/index.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... henge.html

http://www.tivas.org.uk/stonehenge/stone_ast.html

http://www.thestonehengeproject.org/

I think this one is very important.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-druidism

Thank you,
VH42

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:31 pm 
Sword Master

Location: In my room talking to random people i really dont know but talk too anyay!!
Eggs

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:42 pm 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
Where do zombies and the resurection of the deceased, being of animal, beast, dragon, ect. fit into the scheme of Druidism???

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:55 am 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

i was not at all implying that it took a mystical power to build the stonehenge, you have interpreteded that a druid has cosmic powers this way.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:10 pm 

Quote:
. the religion called druids had a part in building and utilizing the stonehenge.

I need to see where you get your information. And only that on your next post. Please I would like to know the Truth on things. But it will need to be really hard evidence seeing the amount of work that has gone into researching the English stone circles. And of what I have read no druid activity has been linked to any of them until recent years. And that has been with the neo-druid movement.

But I am man enough to admit I am wrong. I just need to see your evidence showing me that I am. If you don't have any I ask you to be man enough to admit you could be wrong.

On a side note we may have a problem with different definitions on the same word here.
How do you define a “druidâ€￾?

I define “druidâ€￾ as an ancient sect of people with a close tie with the natural world. With a releagon based towards nature and the natural world. They were willing to share and receive knowldge and store it with oral legends and traditions.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:35 pm 
Wanderer
Wanderer

well went the druids preist or something like that to the natives. so they might of had an influnce in stonehenge

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:37 pm 
Chorkant Dreth
Chorkant Dreth

i wondered about that before but never really looked into it

Offline Profile