Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:00 am

Post subject: fossils and extinction
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:27 pm 
There are several possiblities and explanations for never finding any bones of 'dragons in fairy tales and legends'. One, the dragons set on fire when they die which no other living creature does, two, dragons were used to explain natural disasters and weather in acient times or three Dragons have no mitochrondria in thier cells therefore making it impossible for them to die. The simplest explanation is that they are a part of the imagination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:38 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
if infact they r just our imagination then are everyones imaginations connected? 'cause in ancient times the aztecs, europeans, and chinese people all had stories of dragons and they had never even seen each other

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:31 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

no, not our imagination...well...maybe for some people. same thing can be said about god. (and no, i did not forget to capitalize god)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:52 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
I beleve that they catch fire or deginerate quickly myself........ I guess we wont know untill we meet one :roll:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:04 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
The dragons from my home star system (excluding one planet) are required to set fire to the bodies of the dead. This has a very simple explanation, though.

By setting fire to the bodies of those that die, it prevents them from being reanimated as zombies and attacking the populous of the living.

But here on Earth, no, I don't know WHAT happens to your guys' dragons' remains...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:38 pm 
Firuweata wrote:
The dragons from my home star system (excluding one planet) are required to set fire to the bodies of the dead. This has a very simple explanation, though.

By setting fire to the bodies of those that die, it prevents them from being reanimated as zombies and attacking the populous of the living.

But here on Earth, no, I don't know WHAT happens to your guys' dragons' remains...

Yeah because that makes perfect sense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:42 pm 
wut2say wrote:
if infact they r just our imagination then are everyones imaginations connected? 'cause in ancient times the aztecs, europeans, and chinese people all had stories of dragons and they had never even seen each other

ever heard of a coincidence? besides all the dragons round the world are slightly different so you can't really judge. I'd love to think that dragons exist but creatures that die leave something behind. People have travelled the world and have not found a creature close to dragons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:59 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

maybe we are looking in all the wrong places, we probably found them and didnt even know it.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:02 pm 

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
isle of the mighty: What doesn't make sense in that statement? Zombies have become an ever more frequent problem throughout the universe...

So please, I'm interested, what part of that did NOT make sense???

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:12 pm 
Grand Master Venerable Dragon

isle of the mighty wrote:
wut2say wrote:

ever heard of a coincidence? besides all the dragons round the world are slightly different so you can't really judge. I'd love to think that dragons exist but creatures that die leave something behind. People have travelled the world and have not found a creature close to dragons.

Ever think of it that you humans dont want to come across evidence of my brothers abd sisters?you dont want evidence that there is a race smarter then you.

Gods I love that title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:36 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Yes we as humans think that nothing is more mighty than our guns and gadgets; that we are the smartest beings in this godforsaken galaxy!! I feel idiotic to admit that I am of this pathetic race!! :evil:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:45 pm 
Silver sorceress

John wrote:
isle of the mighty wrote:
wut2say wrote:

Ever think of it that you humans dont want to come across evidence of my brothers abd sisters?you dont want evidence that there is a race smarter then you.

u cant exactly say that about every human b/c im also human

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:14 pm 

Okay, we'll play your game, Wut2say...

Let's pretend for a moment or two that you are human. Now imagine you discover another seemingly intellegent race, and want to study them...

You dawn a disquise, and act like them as well as you possibly can. You study them and find things such as Mtv, and the Darwin Awards...

So, what do YOU think of this race that you've discovered, Wut2say???

Do they seem as intellegent as you might claim???

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: fossils and extinction
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:25 pm 
Dragon's Egg
Dragon's Egg

Isle of the mighty wrote:
There are several possiblities and explanations for never finding any bones of 'dragons in fairy tales and legends'. One, the dragons set on fire when they die which no other living creature does, two, dragons were used to explain natural disasters and weather in acient times or three Dragons have no mitochrondria in thier cells therefore making it impossible for them to die. The simplest explanation is that they are a part of the imagination.
Isn't a midichlorian something from star wars? NVM...I think the first sounds more viable then the other 3. The fact that they ignite in flames (or for other kinds of Dragons, turn into stone, water, or snow would work to) sounds pretty viable.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:04 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Or maybe they live among us in spirit and human form and also some hidden in isolated spots on the planet :idea:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: fossils and extinction
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:25 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Isle of the mighty wrote:

Isle of the mighty is right but only on two accounts. Dragons dont die but they can be killed and when they are killed their bodies do burn to ashes.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:51 pm 
Silver sorceress

Firuweata wrote:
Okay, we'll play your game, Wut2say...

Let's pretend for a moment or two that you are human. Now imagine you discover another seemingly intellegent race, and want to study them...

You dawn a disquise, and act like them as well as you possibly can. You study them and find things such as Mtv, and the Darwin Awards...

So, what do YOU think of this race that you've discovered, Wut2say???

Do they seem as intellegent as you might claim???

did i ever mention intelligence. in fatc i think it would be nice if there was a race with more intelligence then maybe we wouldnt have 2 suffer under bush

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:04 pm 
Legendary Warrior

Ooh good point wut2say!

But wut2say take into concederation that the race that is more intellegent than humans figures that it would be best if they worked their way out of their own mistakes. That way they would depend on theirselves instead of other races.

What do you say to that?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:11 pm 
Silver sorceress

ur being a hypocrit....ur jumoping 2 conclusions

how do u kno that they want us 2 work out our own mistakes those mistrakes could be making the other race suffer(i.e. pollution, bombs, bush)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:58 am 

I'm just screwing with you Wut2say, I know that humans exist, and Mtv aside, you have done very well with what has been given to you. By the way, don't believe that Global Warming is real. I mean, look at the average temperature acceleration after the ice age, and compare it to today's temperature acceleration...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:25 am 
Tightwad

Ok, first of all, without mitochondrii, you wouldn't be alive, because they are the energy source of your body. Second, the only way for them to light on fire would have to be from a third party.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:55 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Not exactly dragons could have quick deteriation and so that quickly releses the methane into the air and at the aproximate same time an involntary reflex starts the fire that would have been its dragon breath but instead causes the whole body to ignight

OR when the dragon knows it is going to die it releses the methane into the bloodstream and then uses the usual spark mechanism in the mouth.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:27 pm 
Chalgrish wrote:
Ok, first of all, without mitochondrii, you wouldn't be alive, because they are the energy source of your body. Second, the only way for them to light on fire would have to be from a third party.

The fact is, we don't know. What if dragons have evovled, we don't know if immortality is possible or not nor do we know if god is real and a thousand other things that are impossible.
Look at science, all of it is theory and hardly any actually proven inlcuding the beggining of the universe and the earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:35 pm 
Tightwad

well, science has proved that without mitochondria, you'd be dead. I've actually seen people remove the mitochondria from protazoa, and it died immediately.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:45 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Okay Chalgrish if we dont know the exact makup of a creature we cannot determine whether it could have something that makes up for miticondreii

Or maybe as Isle of the Mighty is suggesting the tests are not accurate and maybe that creature is just to simple not to have mitachondreii and live just as if I tried to remove your stomach because A cow could live with one of its stomachs removed without dying

Yeah I kinda droned on a bit but hey I am trying to keep the peace and the truth here give me a brake!

Offline Profile