Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:43 am

Post subject: ARG!!! PIRATES!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:49 am 
Lord Advocate Noble Dragon

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
Has there ever been a documented case of a dragon being a pirate on Earth? Just curious. Dang, now I wish I had payed attention in History class... :hijacked:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:21 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
good but slightly odd question hmm... maybe I dont pay much attention in history either :?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:09 pm 
Silver sorceress

Location: on the back of a black dragon laughing as the world dies below me
unlike u guys i actually pay attention in History. and as far as i know there have never been dragon pirates

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:19 am 

Location: Hicksville, U.S.A., Earth, Rotating Sol in the Milky Way Galaxy, the northern quadrant of space...
Hmmmm....I guess one can dream..... :poke:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: dargons & pirates
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:50 pm 
Dragons don't like pirates they steal gold and things Can not imagine Dragons in boats either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:36 pm 
Silver sorceress

i read a book where a dragon had to get in a boat and they definitely didnt like it

If you were to juggle a lion, and a house cat, the end result would look something like a tattered chunk of red fabric. The cat would scratch anything within reach, and the lion would just eat you. The lesson to learn? Make sure you eat your spinach.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:50 pm 

Yeah, but books are about as truthful as television is...

Every book you read, no matter how old, is inaccurate, because, as they say, history is written by the winners...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:05 pm 
Silver sorceress

but there r times when the tv is very truthful

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:45 pm 

Not even the news is truthful...

When my friend died in a car crash, they got the death day and road name wrong, and even left a letter out'ta his last name...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:00 pm 
Silver sorceress

but when my gp died they got everything right they even left out my mom's name(amazing)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:37 pm 
Dragonfish Warrior

Location: In a sunken Nuclear Submarine using the satellite commlink to talk to my fellow dragon belivers.....
Well the news isnt making :swear: up like you firuweata! and they actually try to tell the truth......... but you do add flavor to the posts Ill give you that.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:32 am 

Look, I enjoy telling stories that follow along the lines of this so called "reality"...

If one makes up a story following this so called "reality", it almost becomes plausible. Look at the Da Vinci Code. After it was written, many people believed it and wanted them to excavate The Louve...

However, The Da Vinci Code is completely fictional...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:25 am 
Wanderer
Wanderer

I have never read a book or seen movie that puts a dragon in a boat so reality says a dragon can not be a pirate.
Fiction hides reality
You only have to read the newspapers they never tell the truth.
Even in St George's time dragons got bad press.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:59 pm 
Silver sorceress

the book i was talking about was called dragon and the thief(or was it the theif and the dragon) i dont remember they r both really good books though i would recommend reading them.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:15 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

According to the Da Vinci Code we will all die from a meteor hitting Earth in 2012! Hmm that was a short history of Earth! :?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:11 pm 
Silver sorceress

i wouldnt mind being hit by a meteor.....as long as there wasnt any slow and painful death outcomes.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:53 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

it's a comet, named Wormwood that is said to hit earth around 6am eastern time on December 21st 2012, which is the same day the Myan calender ends. I really don't believe that, theres not much of anything to back it up. On December 21, 2012 The Mayans believe that the 5th world age will begin. This means that our present age (the 4th) will end. The Mayans were aware of the galactic occurrence of precession. Precession is caused by the wobbling of the earths axis. This wobbling causes stars to shift in positions about 1 degree every 72 years. It takes 25,800 years to complete one wobble or cycle of precession. Also on that day the sun lines up with the center of the milky way and a dark rift will appear in the sky as a result. The Mayan people believe this rift to be Xibelbebe or the road to the underworld. I tired to find a link to more info but i couldnt now.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:28 pm 
Silver sorceress

i heard someting about that the mayans were able to predict wut would happen up to 5000 yrs in the future and so far everything that they had predicted had come true so who says that that wouldnt? :shock:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:44 pm 

I think that it'll be zombies, not a meteor...

However, I'd perfer a meteor over zombies...

But not by much...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:10 pm 
Proficient Young Dragon
Proficient Young Dragon

I'm more worried about whats happening now, Iran defying the IAEA. and theres a bunch of predictions of world war 3 starting this year, followed by a super great depression.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:59 pm 

We lived through the first two world wars...

And if I'm not mistaken, the dinosaurs didn't fare so well against a meteor...

And zombies...

*shivers*

Let's not discuss it...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:48 am 
Dragonfish Warrior

Well in another matrix of code says: "comet" "2012" "we will crumble"
suggesting that we destroy the comet before it hits Earth, but if a world war broke out no one would be prepared to do such a thing!!

Offline Profile  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:21 pm 

That's a very good point...

However, NASA is used solely for space, not war...

And no, they won't launch missles, the military will...

Also, there was mention of a third antichrist, said to be the worst of the three...

The first two were Napoleon Bonapart, and Adolf Hitler... :?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: dargons & pirates
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:36 pm 
[quote="Bex"]Dragons don't like pirates they steal gold and things Can not imagine Dragons in boats either[/quote] Yes dragons can be in boats not all dragons are large some can be the size of a mouse or to the size of 3 buses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:38 pm 

Three buses??? Small???

Ok, relative to everything, yes, that is EXTREMELY small...

However, relative to a sea-faring vessel, that's enormous...

They can also be MUCH smaller than three buses. I think it was said that some species can grow only up to 1.5 ft tall and full maturity...

Offline Profile